OOC: About the Campaign

foltor

This is a test of language configuration:

If you can read this, your character sheet is correctly configured to understand Esperanto.

If you can read this, your character sheet is correctly configured to understand Granarctian.

If you can read this, your character sheet is correctly configured to understand Common.

The Blakes Seven thing amuses me because, as I understand it, Avon is a very sharp, cold calculating type... who would probably be immensely frustrated with Nova? ^^

"I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going." vs "Sure! Sounds like fun! Actually, let's all go! What could go wrong?"

Ordinarily I would encourage the initiative to go explore the ship. Due to the number of great applications, I've closed the advertising window early. I'll give our last invite a chance to self-introduce and then get us started.

Some exploration will happen off-camera and I'll add your findings in the setting.

So Ash, i.e. my Cliffscale Lizardfolk Hydrokineticist has a Field Medic background and I took the Medic free archetype for her. Now, to be clear, she's more than simply a medic / healer but Vega, played by Rakle, is very similar (almost identical in numerous ways) in background and skills. Selecting an almost identical background and then the same archetype will sort of do that, lol.

I don't mind changing her mechanics quickly (i.e. background and archetype), maintaining all the fluff and details as they are.

Edit: I was getting my post template all worked out and reading through the RP invitations going on and realized that functionally Vega and Ash are very overlapped. That's not a bad thing and regardless Ash will have magical healing she can use repeatedly (10 minutes per individual) even if I shift her away from the "medic" aspect of formal training.

@foltor

Opinion on this? I can shuffle her around very quickly with Pathbuilder. *shrug*

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)

To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of big, bold names and stats at the tops of posts. I figured I'd let it be in the introduction thread, especially as we're learning each others' names. This is just an aesthetic preference of mine; I'm not going to kick anyone from the game over it.

I like to see:

• 3rd person, present tense
  • just a headshot version of character art, if available
  • Describing what your character is doing.
  • "Saying what your character is saying."
  • Thinking what your character is thinking.
  • All mechanics hidden in a spoiler:

Mechanics

• Character name and link to full character sheet
  • Conditions affecting the character and this round's actions
  • Need-to-know quick stats: Perception, AC, saves, hp
  • Unique actions that could trip up the flow of things if I'm not reminded of them.
  • Favorite reactions and what conditions you'll use them.
  • Any OOC messages.

9 hours ago, Ryfte said:

So Ash, i.e. my Cliffscale Lizardfolk Hydrokineticist has a Field Medic background and I took the Medic free archetype for her. Now, to be clear, she's more than simply a medic / healer but Vega, played by Rakle, is very similar (almost identical in numerous ways) in background and skills. Selecting an almost identical background and then the same archetype will sort of do that, lol.

I don't mind changing her mechanics quickly (i.e. background and archetype), maintaining all the fluff and details as they are.

Edit: I was getting my post template all worked out and reading through the RP invitations going on and realized that functionally Vega and Ash are very overlapped. That's not a bad thing and regardless Ash will have magical healing she can use repeatedly (10 minutes per individual) even if I shift her away from the "medic" aspect of formal training.

@foltor

Opinion on this? I can shuffle her around very quickly with Pathbuilder. *shrug*

Let's leave both characters alone for now. We will have two characters with good battle medicine skills. I have assurance in medicine. Expert in medicine allows auto success for the 2d8 healing checks. At third level, I only need to be trained to achieve the 2d8 auto success. Then I can retrain the dedication feat at 3rd level while still retaining the battle medicine assurance skill combo.

I'd already toggled her over to an Aerialist (background) and Acrobat (dedication) going with the concept of the literal ocean cliff scaling village that she lived in. My plan was to pick up the air element as her second element and have a mix of air and water as her two areas of focus. Water, storms, mobility, etc. and take archetypes that support mobility in general.

The reality is that relying on her elemental impulses for healing works out both mechanically and thematically, she's not about the details of it all, just helping people. The Ocean's Balm impulse is touch based, heals 1d8, and can be used on any individual once every 10 minutes. The healing it grants increases by +1d8 every +2 levels so at 3rd it will become 2d8 (5th its 3d8, etc.). At 6th I was going to grab Torrent in the Blood as well which is a 30' cone that heals 3d8 and increases by +1d8 every +2 levels as well and is also usable on any individual every 10 minutes. Simply having those two impulses allows her to be a healer without really needing to focus on other facets of healing, its sort of one of the highlights of a hydrokineticist. She could use each one separately on each person in the group each round and then again every 10 minutes. It also allows her, particularly the Torrent in the Blood impulse, to heal civilians that have been wounded quickly and easily. *shrug*

@foltor 

New post I pulled all but the very first line from the "header" and dropped it into the OoC spoiler. I kept a very "low impact" single line across the top but I can pull that as well if you'd prefer. Having the description, application, and sheet link there is a convenience for me but if you'd rather I could pull that into the OoC at the end as well. Its an extra click but its not like it will kill me or anything, heh. ;)

I'll get a headshot created in the next couple days to replace the full body image.

Also, for thinking I like to bracket my text with asterisk's on each side as follows:

* I wonder, are dragons really lonely or are they grumps who don't want anything to do with other people? *

Do you mind that? Its similar to a double quote in that it separates the included text from the surrounding text by a specific symbol and not simply by styling, thus it is clearly understandable as being thoughts even if they italics style is difficult for someone to notice. :D

Edit: Oh, and I'll have a MW sheet filled out and linked later today.

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)

I just made his name a link to the character sheet for stats purposes as I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get a stat block in there easily.

Edit: Also Ryfte I will say your post template is almost unreadable for me on the dark theme. The background is white and the text shows as gray.

Edited by Madadh (see edit history)

Okay, seriously, I need to know if the Myth-Weavers language function is working for you people:

Everything in this box is in Common:

The wage of sin is death, but after taxes all you get is a tired feeling.

Everything in this box is in Granarctian:

The other day, my wife asked me to pass her lipstick but I accidentally passed her a glue stick. She still isn't talking to me.

If you exhaled heavily through your nose and/or got offended, your character sheet is properly configured to let you read the related language.

If you saw "something in a foreign language" then it's not. For all I know, the language feature in BALDR isn't up to speed yet.

If getting the language system set up is too cumbersome, I can do spoiler tags instead.

8 hours ago, Ryfte said:

Also, for thinking I like to bracket my text with asterisk's on each side as follows:

* I wonder, are dragons really lonely or are they grumps who don't want anything to do with other people? *

Do you mind that? Its similar to a double quote in that it separates the included text from the surrounding text by a specific symbol and not simply by styling, thus it is clearly understandable as being thoughts even if they italics style is difficult for someone to notice.

I don't mind. In fact, you make a good case and I may start doing it that way.