The Doom of Glenn Hollow - IC

Music: -

Narrative

image.jpeg.794b38461d939c8d79bd9fcde5c66156.jpeg

As the final signatures were written and the party was all gathered, a crisp arcane portal appeared before them. Stepping through, they were dazzled by a kaleidoscope of colors while they were jaunted across space-time. After a time, the light show came to an end, and the party was deposited upon dry land, a cool autumn breeze washing over their faces. Once their senses had returned, they found themselves standing alongside a river, narrowed into to a fordable crossing. To the north, the river sliced between two mountain ranges, each stretching high into the easygoing blues of the morning sky.

According to the letter, their contact, the huntress Myrna Swiftbow would be waiting for them "along the east bank of the River Eala, to the south of the Bjarvren mountain pass". She must be around here somewhere.

Mechanics & OOC

OOC: Welcome to the adventure, ladies and gentlemen! Go ahead and post your introductions here. Once you've had time to get acquainted with each other, I need a Survival check from someone who can guide the party through the wilderness in search of your contact's camp.

If you are checking the map, you have been deposited in the hex where the river is the most visibly narrow.

Map of the Area

image.png.f04df250d34aa8431513821c48b356e7.png legend.PNG.9ecb780eb0c5565193d9162bbca746f9.PNG

@nexiss @Rudolf @spikehed @paladinred

image.png.f7ba7c73f9311e392762f70f34d11f83.png

Dolly the Deva: Dolly :: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e :: Myth-Weavers Online Character Sheets

Deva 3// Bard 3

Aasimar

Dolly closes her eyes as she is transported by the portal, her tummy is a little queasy when she arrives but that quickly passes. She looks over the area for their contact, Ranger skills are not her thing but she looks anyway. Looking at Zeff she says "well met good sir. My name is Dolly What be yours"?

Edited by paladinred (see edit history)
Name
Survival
1d20 20

IMG_1870.jpeg.7bd47db7d706e22270ab620bce28e57d.jpeg“Oh, I’m Zeff. Huh. I guess we’re someplace else. I thought we’d have to walk the whole way. Seems nice here at least.” added Zeff in his deep baritone of a voice.

He was dressed in a solid-looking suit of armor, and carried a large axe in one hand. He was a big man, standing a full seven feet tall, if not more. He took off a glove, and placed his hand in the water, then smelled his hand. Deciding things were acceptable, he topped off his waterskin.

Link to sheet:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2825737

Riksha

Riksha.png.f3241de41b0b5f3278dd77fa0c3f519a.pngThe devilish figure in dark clothed garb stands by near Zeff saying nothing, watching the woman as she speaks to Zeff.

He nods in response to Zeff's words, taking in the area.

"Yes, seems nice enough..." he says, doubtfully.

Dolly the Deva: Dolly :: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e :: Myth-Weavers Online Character Sheets

Deva 3// Bard 3

Aasimar

Dolly nods to the red-skinned man and says "well met, my name is Dolly. What be yours" she asks in a pleasant tone, it would seem that she notices some tracks other than theirs.

Music: The Beginning - Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Bjarvren Mountain Pass

image.jpeg.794b38461d939c8d79bd9fcde5c66156.jpeg

Once the party had become acquainted with themselves and their surroundings, they began the search for their contact. While it was difficult to find, the aasimar managed to locate the faintest of footprints in the damp grass, leading northeast. Conveniently, that direction pointed them towards a small draw in the mountains, a simple yet effective location for setting up camp if one desired to keep out of sight. Following the tracks, Dolly led the party for six hours through unforgiving, untamed terrain, the wind whipping harshly through the mountain pass into the party's faces. As they neared the draw, the wind was graciously broken more and more by tree and rock. The landscape began to close in around them, as though they now passed through the imposing halls of some mighty lord of nature.

Morning gives way to afternoon, and as the sun settles behind the high peaks of the surrounding mountains, the land is cast in a mellow shade. In time, hunger and weary feet encouraged them to take a brief respite, despite the tracks seeming no more fresh than when they began. Finding a quiet place to rest, they find themselves accompanied by nothing but the vibrant green of spruce trees and the hardy gray of weathered stone.

Mechanics & OOC

OOC: If you are checking the map, you are in the hex where the river is the most visibly narrow.

Take some time to describe how your character recovers from the lengthy march. I would also like everyone to make a Spot check, please.

Map of the Area

glennhollowmap.PNG.f30b1e1741faa0b932c55bf8af062be0.PNG legend.PNG.dc90229e897b5902477e737590668a7a.PNG

@nexiss @Rudolf @spikehed @paladinred

spacer.pngThe woman who had introduced herself as Amira made the trek thus far with no struggle. She did not seem fatigued in the slightest. Those that paid any mind to her would also notice that, despite the appearance of heavy armor, there was no sound nor did it slow her movement in any noticeable manner.

Her being seemed to exude an air of nobility and superiority, which gave those in her presence more confidence in their own speaking abilities. Her positioning in the team also lent itself to offering the others better protection from would-be attackers.

Character Sheet

Actions

Motivate Charisma: +6 all cha checks

Motivate Care: +1 ac

Spot

Edited by spikehed (see edit history)
Name
Spot
1d20+5 13

IMG_1870.jpeg.7bd47db7d706e22270ab620bce28e57d.jpegZeff trudged forward with a pace that could only be described as unwavering. He didn’t believe in going around patches of mud or bushes of thorns. He just went straight through, and by the end of the day, his boots were as mud-caked as the bottom edge of his cloak.

“Where didja get your skull armor? I like it.”

Link to sheet:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2825737

Name
Spot check
1d20+1 6

spacer.pngAmira touched the helm absently as the hulking man commented on it. "I've had it for a very long time. So long that you might say it's a part of me now."

Character Sheet

Actions

Deva 3// Bard 3

Aasimar

Dolly led the party through the steeply sloped mountains, if she were a dwarf she would be at home. Looking at the ghost Dolly was a little concerned, in this sunlight surely she would be weaker "Amira hun, would you not be better off out of the sun? I can only assume that you must be weaker in the bright light yes" she says with genuine concern?

spacer.pngAmira laughed at the comment, to the point that she had to place a hand over her mouth to regain a bit of composure. "What do you take me for, a wraith or shadow... or maybe a vampire?"

She stooped down to pick up a small rock. There was no difference between her interaction with it than anyone else's.

OOC: Amira appears completely alive and normal, and can interact with material things at will, thanks to her feat choices.

Character Sheet

Actions