The Doom of Glenn Hollow - IC

Niko| AC 18 | Ini: 4 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 39/39 | Size: Medium | Speed: 20/30 ft |
Touch: +10| Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +5 | FF: +18

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a7/1f/da/a71fda84f6e4eeafb19b72b11bd26714.jpg

Done with armoring himself Niko moves to his favorite pastime...taking care of his sword. This time he had an entire shebang in front of him. Whetstone with halved apple since wetting the stone with apple was better than normal water due to the acidity of the juices that will...do something. Niko just did what he was taught since he was a toddler by other mercenaries of his company. There was likely a borrowed clean rag and a piece of pig fat instead of oil. Still, he does pay attention.

"Damien has the point, kinda, my intention was not for us to kick back and wait, there are a lot of jobs to be done actually. But one part where he remains right is the position of the ambush. We have no idea if this will be a death blow to the opponent. I would like it if we could keep Glen Hollow as something of a base of operation, so keep it as clean in their eyes as possible the better. Not to mention once we deal with the King bandits will not vanish overnight as we will. It would suck if some other outlaw group who had the uncle in this one decided to take their vengeance on the village once we are gone."

He looks at the map "This might be the only time we have an actual tangible strategic advantage." He points to one point on the map pretty far away from the village itself. "As our host said they grew complacent, and they will likely take the same road. If we attack them there and tamper with the scene a bit, it could seem we ran into them as we were retreating from the fight with the last batch. We take one corpse before blood coagulates and make it seem like he was tortured. It would be pretty easy to conclude that a pissed reinforced bunch of adventurers ran into a smaller force of the enemy, got their revenge, tortured info they wanted, and rushed to attack the outpost while it is weak. Sure, there might be some smart cookie who would doubt Glen Hollow, but there is no actual connection between us and the place if they don't find us here."

Niko looks at Dolly "Actually, my Lady, I think you might be our ace in the hole, they don't know about your wings yet and the higher you fly, not only you are safer from arrows and spells, but you at 200 ft might be able to confuse someone for an eagle flying at 100 ft, especially if you fly against the sun and other shenanigans. We buy spyglass or binoculars and you could spy on them several times a day without them being none the wiser. For the safety of the Hollow, we make sure it is obvious where the attack took place, maybe even leave the village a few days early and go back to the mountains to arrive at the ambush site from that direction if someone decides to track us, once we get to the stone terrain of the mountains it will be impossible to know the difference. We could even make an easy trail to follow as the real angry band of adventurers. All will point out the band aiming at revenge that fell to their lap and not something premeditated. Damien is right we have to make Glen Hollow clean of this. They want to play dirty? We show them they are certainly not the ones who wrote the book on it, and now own the rights to it. I for one am not a chivalrous knight and if the deceit will keep the town safe and bad guys bloodied I don't care what they think of me."

Tools of the Trade

Weapon:

Mwk Greatsword: 1d20+8, 2d6+3, (19/20x2)

Warhammer: 1d20+6, 1d8+3 (x3)

Dagger: 1d20+6, 1d4+3 (19/20x2)

Armor:

Mwk Full Plate

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Move: None

Standard: Attack

Immediate:

Powers: [8]=Max Number Of Psi Points, [8]= Current Number Of Psi Points

Level 1:

Expansion

Force Screen

Precognition, Offensive

Prevenom Weapon

OOC:

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Music: The Lonely Road - Adrian Von Ziegler

Glenn Hollow

https://mwbaldrcdkstack-ipbuploads6f377ba5-6asvxg6ywium.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/monthly_2024_04/image.jpeg.d537f485a47560a2344bbb42850e55f2.jpeg https://mwbaldrcdkstack-ipbuploads6f377ba5-6asvxg6ywium.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/monthly_2024_04/image.jpeg.6bee9d50ea3c5e5a46b029966f91fb31.jpeg

With a plan established, Osgar bade the party to make themselves comfortable in his home. He was willing to provide them with whatever he could to aid in their ambush, even stubbornly arguing with his neighbors if they should shirk away or refuse.

Fortunately, the natural landscape made finding an ambush site all too easy. Glenn Hollow is surrounded on three sides by hills, and mountains on the fourth. Having only a one path in and out of the village, including a small wooden bridge over a thigh-deep mountain stream, it was the perfect location to attack the next group of cultists that sought to kidnap someone.

The Ambush Site

image.jpeg.626ec6bb2bc674e5bbb6191b186ae830.jpeg

Mechanics & OOC

Journey Roles

• Guide - Daitan
  • Scout - ?
  • Hunter - ?
  • Look-out - ?

OOC: Alright folks, with your ambush plan in motion, here is the scene. Glenn Hollow is about 200 feet north of the map, if you follow the road. You can expect the cultists to arrive from the south along the road.

The villagers of Glenn Hollow don't have anything magical to provide you, but they will temporarily provide you with anything from this list, with no single item being greater than 40gp in value. If you need carts or wooden logs or rocks or whatever, they can also provide those. No need to purchase anything, if you solely intend to use it for the ambush.

Each hill presented on the map is 10 feet above the road. Higher layers are all 20 feet above the road. The trees and larger rocks on the battle map all provide cover to Medium or Large creatures, and you can use hide in the bushes.

The grid on the map (they're faint, but they're there) are 5' squares, with the area being 150 sq ft in total.

To Post: RP at will!

Map of the Area

glennhollowmap.PNG.f30b1e1741faa0b932c55bf8af062be0.PNG legend.PNG.dc90229e897b5902477e737590668a7a.PNG

@nexiss @Rudolf @paladinred @Ensou @darlis moonbeam @Grudge @Dnd4life

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)

Niko| AC 18 | Ini: 4 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 39/39 | Size: Medium | Speed: 20/30 ft |

Considering others fought a lot longer here than he did Niko felt like an imposter a bit, but he knew maybe just a few days ago his merc group would be bad guys. It wouldn't be the first time, after all, mercs fight for a coin, not morality. He felt the subtle feeling of embarrassment when his plan was accepted. Almost as if he were the enemy.

Still, another thing he was is a professional, he was born in these situations. So before jumping to action, he looked at their host. "I can not promise we will succeed, I'm just giving ideas and asking questions as anyone else? This is the last one, numbers, how many of them usually come?"

Tools of the Trade

Weapon:

Armor:

Mwk Full Plate

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Immediate:

Level 1:

Expansion

Force Screen

Precognition, Offensive

Prevenom Weapon

OOC:

HillGiant.png.072b7ec4287731ec93840f2406263797.pngZeff accepts his role as the bait.

He puts his weapons and helmet in the cart, along with the three new throwing rocks he has found. He then tosses some straw in on top.

Over his armor, he arranges a sheet, and ties it with a rope for a belt. He sets the cart about 20 feet north of the bridge, and just to the east side of the path. He then sits down and has something to eat while he waits.

Link to sheet:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2825737

Daitan

image.png.02406634e9aa1600512b42e6fd7d68d2.pngDaitan does a second take seeing Dolly's wings, a rare sight from his home realm. He returns to the conversation.

'I may not be as nimble as the blessed one will be in the air, but I can take forms of the local wildlife to help keep more eyes around so that they do not spring a surprise on us in return.'

Level 3 | Init -4 | AC 27 Flat 25 | HP 17/36 | Walk 30ft Burrow 15ft | Darkvision Low-light Vision | DR 10/adamantine | FORT 7 REF 3 WILL 6 | Shapeshift, Voice of the City, Murky-Eyed |Spontaneous Healer| Sheet |

Niko sighs "I was just the one who relayed orders from the top to my guys and made sure the plan goes as best as it can. I never actually planned action on my own. That's way above my rank." He looks at the map "The way I see it most important thing is to know how to divvy our numbers when Zeff brings that bridge down. I hope they will slack on numbers but if we don't get lucky we have only Dolly and Zeff who can cross the river fast enough to matters if we miscalculate."

He purses his lip for a second before looking at Daitan "Some small and fast ground animal that won't be noticed among the bushes, so we have at least five minutes of time to adjust numbers on the fly." He looks at others "Feel free to chime in whenever you please, as I said this is my first time planning the attack." He looks at the map again

"I mean the place looks almost perfect, high ground on both sides for ranged strikers and spellcasters, fast ones can take cover on the foilage on the East, heavy armor putzes like me can hide under the bridge, and rush the shore once the bridge is down. I really have nothing more to add"

Tools of the Trade

Weapon:

Armor:

Mwk Full Plate

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Immediate:

Level 1:

Expansion

Force Screen

Precognition, Offensive

Prevenom Weapon

OOC:

image.png.f7ba7c73f9311e392762f70f34d11f83.png

Dolly the Deva: Dolly :: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e :: Myth-Weavers Online Character Sheets

Deva 4// Bard 4

SLA

1 - Aid, Detect Evil, each 2/day for every HD she has
2- Bless Weapon, Remove Fear, each 1/day for every HD she has
3- Consecrate, Continual flame*, Cure Serious Wounds, each 1/day for every 3 HD she has

4 -  Protection from Arrows, Daylight 2/day

SR15

Diva

HD: d8

Level Bab Fort Ref Will Feature
1 +1 +0 +2 +0 Movanic Body, Heavenly Soul, +1 Dex
2 +2 +0 +3 +0 Deva, +1 Cha
3 +3 +1 +3 +1 Soothing Presence of Nature, +1 Dex
4 +4 +1 +4 +1 Wings, +1 Cha
5 +5 +1 +4 +1 Lesser Protective Aura, +1 Dex
6 +6 +2 +5 +2 Heavenly Deflection, +1 Cha
7 +7 +2 +5 +2 Divine Equilibrium, +1 Dex
8 +8 +2 +6 +2 Greater Protective Aura, +1 Cha
9 +9 +3 +6 +3 Cleansing Weapon, +1 Dex, +1 Cha

Skills: 2+int modifier, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills are  Concentration, Diplomacy, Disguise, Heal, Intimidate, Knowledge (Any), Listen, Perform, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot, Survival.

Proficiencies: Movanic Deva is proficient with simple weapons, two martial weapons of their choice and no armour.

Features
Movanic Body: At 1st level, a Movanic Deva loses all racial bonuses it had and gains outsider traits (basically darkvision 60 foot). It is a medium outsider with a base speed 40ft and a Nat Armour bonus equal to her Con modifier.

Heavenly Soul: At each Movanic Deva level she becomes able to use soma SLAs a certain number of times per day, according to the following list. Save DCs are 10+1/2HD+Cha Mod.

1-Aid, Detect Evil, each 2/day for every HD she has
2- Bless Weapon, Remove Fear, each 1/day for every HD she has
3-Consecrate, Continual flame*, Cure Serious Wounds, each 1/day for every 3 HD she has
4- Protection from Arrows, Daylight, each 1/day for every 2 HD she has
5-Create food and Water, Prayer, Discern Lies,  each 1/day for every 3 HD she has, plus Tongues permanent effect on self.
6- Remove curse, remove disease, Neutralize poison each 1/day for each 4 HD she has
7-Death Ward,  Divination, Holy Smite, each 1/day for every 5 HD she has
8-Polymorph,  Hallow, each 1/day for every 7 HD she has
9- Atonement, Raise Dead, Commune, Ethereal Jaunt, each  1/day for every 9 HD she has.

*Note: unless she pays the material component, a Movanic Deva's Continual Flame only last 1 minute per HD.

A Movanic Deva who multiclass's for a divine casting class can count her Movanic Deva levels as levels of that class for purposes of CL and to learn new spells and get new spell slots. So for example, a  Movanic Deva  2 who took 1 level of cleric could choose to have CL 3 and get 2 2nd level spell slots (1 normal and 1 domain). She wouldn't get the spell knowns and spell slots of a cleric 2 however, neither would her Movanic Deva levels count towards turn undead and domain abilities.

In addition, a Movanic Deva may always use Charisma as her key ability score in any class she takes, instead of the normal one (like wisdom for normal clerics).

Ability Increase: the Movanic Deva gains +1 Dex at levels 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and +1 Cha at levels 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, for a total of +5 Dex and +5 Cha at level 9.

Deva: At 2nd level, gains a bonus on saves against petrification and resistance to Acid, Cold and Electricity equal to her HD, and a bonus on saves against poison and resistance to Fire equal to half her HD.

Soothing Presence of Nature:  At 3rd level, unless magically compelled to do so, no animal or plant will attack a Movanic Deva.

In addition, she gains SR equal to 11+HD and DR/magic equal to ½ her HD. She may lower or raise back her SR as a free action at any time even if it isn't her turn.

Wings: At 4th level, the Movanic Deva grows beautiful feathery wings that allow her to fly at a speed of  10' per HD with good manoeuvrability.

Lesser Protective Aura: At the 5th level, as a free action, a Movanic Deva can surround herself with a nimbus of light that acts as a circle of protection against evil with a radius of 20 feet, with CL equal to her HD. The circle can be dispelled as normal but the Movanic Deva can create a new one as a free action at the start of her next turn.

Heavenly Deflection: As an immediate action, as long as she's holding a melee weapon, a Movanic Deva can deflect any ranged attack targeted against her, as well as spell and supernatural abilities, as long as they have the Movanic Deva as a specific target. This includes rays, orbs and spells with a single target that don't have attack rolls.

To succeed the Movanic Deva must succeed on a Reflex Save with DC 20+Enanchment of the weapon (in the case of a ranged attack)/Level of the spell(in the case of spell or SLA)/ half the HD of the attacker (if it isn't a spell, SLA or weapon). If the Deva succeeds the attack is deflected and completely nullified.

The Movanic Deva must be aware of an attack to try to deflect it.

Divine Equilibrium Movanic Devas are immune to the harmful effects of Positive-dominant or Negative-dominant planar energy traits.

Greater Protective Aura: The Movanic Deva's aura now replicates a minor globe of invulnerability with a 20-foot radius, CL equal to her HD, in addition to the magic circle against evil,  and blocks spells up to (Half HD)-3 level.

Cleansing Weapon: At will, as a swift action, the Movanic Deva may grant any weapon she wields the flaming property for 1 round. If the weapon already had the flaming property, it's upgraded to Flaming Burst. It ignores resistance to fire equal to the Monavic Deva's HD and has a 50% chance of ignoring immunity to critical and fire. If the weapon already had the flaming burst property, double the extra fire damage and it now has a 75% chance of ignoring immunity to critical and fire. At 20 HD this ability is always active.

Dolly looked at the plan and said "Ok, let's get to work then people". Moving to the door Dolly collected her backpack and began to head outside, her new wings would be a definite advantage on enemy movements and thus she intended to make the most of that advantage.

Action:

image.jpeg.54c3dcb4ab05a65181edfbbf909fd729.jpeg

Damien Oathsworn

HP: 33/33

"I have a few spells that may benefit a few of our allies.. Granted they'll only last for a few minutes, but if there's anyone who uses a bow on the upper ledges with me I would be able to support them. I do also have Bless to aid in striking enemies, now you don't need to worship the same God, so no worries there!"

"For combat.. I do prefer to be in melee but I have a bow I could use to some extent. Granted once melee ensues I can't promise I'll be able land shots only on the enemies. Regards to blowing the bridge.. I suppose that works, long as we make sure to repair it before we leave. Can't leave the village without it's means of access. Otherwise.. If that slope isn't too steep that's right beside the bridge, perhaps I can slide down it to engage once the bandits are past."

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=2842257][B][SIZE=+1]Damien Oathsworn[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Male Chaotic Good Lesser Aasimar Cleric / Paladin, [B]Level[/B] 3, [B]Init[/B] 0, [B]HP[/B] 33/33, [B]Speed[/B] 40 [B]AC[/B] 14, [B]Touch[/B] 10, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 14, [B]Fort[/B] 8, [B]Ref[/B] 5, [B]Will[/B] 11, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] +3 [B]Masterwork Greatsword [/B] +6 (2d6+3, 19-20 / x2) [B]Masterwork Composite Longbow (Arrows) [/B] +4 (1d8+2, x3) [B] Chain Shirt[/B] (+4 Armor) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 14, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 18, Cha 14 [B]Condition[/B] Dark Vision 60, Aura of Good (3), Smith Evil 1/day, Lay of Hands 12/12, Aura of Resolve (Compulsion) +4 to allies, Immune to Diseases, Detect Undead, Travel & Chaos & Knowledge Devotion, Destroy Undead Attempts 9/9,
Damien Oathsworn
Male Chaotic Good Lesser Aasimar Cleric / Paladin, Level 3, Init 0, HP 33/33, Speed 40
AC 14, Touch 10, Flat-footed 14, Fort 8, Ref 5, Will 11, Base Attack Bonus +3
Masterwork Greatsword +6 (2d6+3, 19-20 / x2)
Masterwork Composite Longbow (Arrows) +4 (1d8+2, x3)
Chain Shirt (+4 Armor)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 18, Cha 14
Condition Dark Vision 60, Aura of Good (3), Smith Evil 1/day, Lay of Hands 12/12, Aura of Resolve (Compulsion) +4 to allies, Immune to Diseases, Detect Undead, Travel & Chaos & Knowledge Devotion,
Destroy Undead Attempts 9/9,

Niko shrugs "You are all professionals so I'm sure everyone will find the appropriate place to position themselves. Fixing the bridge is actually essential since I'd prefer this time we make it with pre-emptive demolition in mind if we happen to run into a standup fight later. Zeff pulls a few ropes and we have a first wave of enemy wet and on lower ground, we just have to be careful to be in civilian clothes during repairs in case someone spots us. Seeing poor villagers fixing damage angry adventurers made, could sell that Hollow had nothing to do with it even more. Naturally, Dolly and Zeff are out of that job they would stick out as the sore thumb. Also striking the first blow and reducing their numbers is a good start, but we still have to deal with the outpost after. Retreat route we can demolish behind us could come in handy."

Former Sellsword gives a Damien half smile "Of course, I have no doubt you'll make us fix it again." He gets serious and nips on his lower lip again looking at the large map "I already mentioned that I'd like if we stay close, if not in, Glen Hollow until this matter is entirely solved. Not only we can rush in to help if our charade fails, but it could be a vital logistical hub for us when it comes to mundane means such as supplies, medicine, repairs, and alike. If some local hunter knows about a good place to be close but also good for laying low at the same time it would be awesome."

Tools of the Trade

Weapon:

Armor:

Mwk Full Plate

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Immediate:

Level 1:

Expansion

Force Screen

Precognition, Offensive

Prevenom Weapon

OOC:

Niko looks up at Zeff and smiles "Depending on which fight you are talking about, yeah you could. But in ambush case surprise and separating their people so we can kill them all is a point. At any other point is to knock them down in the river in their full equipment and maybe horses then make them, some no doubt in heavy armor, climb up through the mud, wet, disoriented, and, most importantly, disorganized. So they just want to come up on dry land even if it's one by one and get to pricks who are pelting them with arrows, magic, and presumably, rocks. Way to eke out any benefit for us and limit losses. The bridge is a choke point, yes, but it is also the point where they will be crossing in tight formation ready for us."

He taps on the ambush map "On the other side once we are done with them area offers three natural choke points where we can retreat and reap the same benefits of the bridge. Even in the first fight after we ambush them you can jump behind and prevent any escape if you want to hold the spot where someone will come to you. I am..was, a Sellsword officer, my job is always to accomplish the mission with the least expenditure in men and material, in that order. That is the only way I know how to fight since I at the end of the day as many of my men return alive and get paid. Actually, I'd love to use you as the bait in the ambush standing on the other side alone. Unfortunately, you are the only one who can bring the bridge down alone. Otherwise, we'd have to employ the team."

Tools of the Trade

Weapon:

Armor:

Mwk Full Plate

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Immediate:

Level 1: