The Doom of Glenn Hollow - IC

Music: The Shrike Hills - Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Bjarvren Mountain Pass

image.jpeg.3b85a4de59aa76cc667cec2839459ba1.jpeg image.jpeg.feeb870c9cd7a37691d4923b28ea059c.jpeg

Myrna gestured towards a nearby stream, which seems to cut directly through a deer trail. "There is a path made from the local wildlife that leads along the south of the mountains, cutting through the low places in the foothills. Follow that, always keeping the mountains to your left, and you will reach Glenn Hollow in four days. It is not the easiest path to march, but it is the most direct, and it may provide you some concealment from the cult. But remain on guard, for you are likely to encounter a patrol before you arrive. Likewise, there could be any sort of monstrous beast prowling the wild, descending from the mountains to the north or crossing the grasslands to the south."

Mechanics & OOC

OOC: If you are checking the map, you are in the hex where the river is the most visibly narrow.

Map of the Area

glennhollowmap.PNG.f30b1e1741faa0b932c55bf8af062be0.PNG legend.PNG.dc90229e897b5902477e737590668a7a.PNG

@nexiss @Rudolf @spikehed @paladinred

spacer.png"Four days... does everyone have enough supplies to last them that long?" Amira looked between the group members, especially the large giant-bred, who would, no doubt, require extra food for a trip lasting that long.

Character Sheet

Actions

Motivate Charisma: +6 all cha checks

Motivate Care: +1 ac

IMG_1870.jpeg.7bd47db7d706e22270ab620bce28e57d.jpegZeff nods. "Yep, I got stuff.”

While much less attention-getting than his amor and oversized axe, Zeff was wearing a leather backpack that was stuffed full, with a rolled bit of canvas tied across the top. It looked heavy, but Zeff had set a ground-eating pace on the way here even while carrying it.

Link to sheet:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2825737

image.png.f7ba7c73f9311e392762f70f34d11f83.png

Dolly the Deva: Dolly :: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e :: Myth-Weavers Online Character Sheets

Deva 3// Bard 3

Aasimar

Dolly did not need to check her bag "I have rations for five days, I am sure between us we can catch a rabbit or two to supplement what we have.

Thank you for your help Myrna, we should be fine" looking to the others she asks "are we ready guys"?

Music: The Shrike Hills - Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Bjarvren Mountain Pass

image.jpeg.3b85a4de59aa76cc667cec2839459ba1.jpeg image.jpeg.feeb870c9cd7a37691d4923b28ea059c.jpeg

"Very well," Myrna said. She reached into her belt pouch and withdrew what looked to be a strange copper coin. It didn't seem to be any form of currency, but rather it had a strange rune engraved into one side. The other was perfectly flat. "When you are ready to leave the town, toss this into the well. I will meet you early the following morning so that we may slip past the cult's guard more easily. Good fortune to you, adventurers."

With that, the ranger set about breaking camp and heading deeper the wild. As for the party, they braced themselves for what would prove to be a long, wearisome journey. While they only had to travel roughly 40 miles as the crow flies, their route would prove to be challenging to march across for extended periods of time. Over hills, through valleys, across rocky surfaces, all of this and more awaited them in the days to come. Given that it was already late in the afternoon when the party met Myrna, they only made a few good miles out of the mountain pass and into the southlands before they were forced to make camp. From there, it would only be four more days until they reached Glenn Hollow.

Mechanics & OOC

OOC: If you are checking the map, you are in the hex where the river is the most visibly narrow.

We are now preparing for a Journey! There is a little subsystem I use for such an occasion, so head on over the OOC thread for details

Map of the Area

glennhollowmap.PNG.f30b1e1741faa0b932c55bf8af062be0.PNG legend.PNG.dc90229e897b5902477e737590668a7a.PNG

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)

Music: Horror - LOTRO

Bjarvren Mountain Pass

image.jpeg.4c2c1f53d01a7514474cea0311b160df.jpeg

In the night, everyone was visited by harrowing nightmares. Even those who do not sleep felt an unwelcome presence in their minds, blotting out all other sense of their surroundings. Each adventurer found themselves all alone, standing amid a land of darkness and death, as if touched by the cruel will of some wicked god. Dark shadows flicked in and out of sight, figures of all shapes and sizes, yet were too unrecognizable to learn anything about them. Then, the rolling boom of a massive drum echoed across the land, and the figures all stopped. In perfect unison, they slowly turned their empty faces towards the party, boring into their eyes with deep, pale, icy blue stares. They spoke, one after the other, in voices that passed like a soft wind and lingered like a deep fog.

"Unwanted."

"Unloved."

"Undone."

These three words were spoken one after the other in repetition, one shadow after the other, each following the other faster and faster. The cadence increased until their words were jibberish, overwhelming to any who could hear them. A second drum beat was heard, and faster than a spark, they were silent. Nothing moved. Nothing stirred. Not even the air dared to disturb the utter stillness of the moment.

A third drum beat. Each shadow screeched a horrifying wail, before lunging at the adventurers faster than a spark.

At that moment, the vision suddenly passed, the nightmare ended, and each adventurer was roused suddenly from their rest.

Mechanics & OOC

I need everyone to make a Will saving throw. Additionally, if you feel inclined, feel free to roll any Knowledge checks you think are relevant to try and figure out what just happened.

Map of the Area

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)

IMG_1870.jpeg.7bd47db7d706e22270ab620bce28e57d.jpegZeff nods. "I don’t like it here either.”

Zeff began rolling up his blanket, and attaching it to his bag, but not before he removed a loaf of bread. Ripping a chunk off, he tossed it to Riksha. “You gotta eat somethin’”

Link to sheet:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2825737

Name
Will save
1d20+3 13

spacer.pngAmira seemed slightly taken back by having such a vision. How long had it been since she dreamed?

"Something otherworldly caused these visions, either as an attack, or a warning."

Character Sheet

Actions

Motivate Charisma: +6 all cha checks

Motivate Care: +1 ac

Roll Will Save

Roll Knowledge: Religion

Name
Roll
1d20+9 5
Roll
1d20+3 4

image.png.f7ba7c73f9311e392762f70f34d11f83.png

Dolly the Deva: Dolly :: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e :: Myth-Weavers Online Character Sheets

Deva 3// Bard 3

SLA

1 - Aid, Detect Evil, each 2/day for every HD she has
2- Bless Weapon, Remove Fear, each 1/day for every HD she has
3- Consecrate, Continual flame*, Cure Serious Wounds, each 1/day for every 3 HD she has

SR14

Aasimar

Dolly puts on a comical voice "oh I quite like it here, a hag there, an ogre over there and the spirits dancing around in our heads, what is not to like"?

Looking at the others who were most likely staring at her right now "ok, I lied about the ogre, I bet the hag was here though. It is the sort of thing they would do, you know I am right" she says with concern in her voice.

Edited by paladinred (see edit history)