The Doom of Glenn Hollow - IC

Music: The Beginning - Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Bjarvren Mountain Pass

image.jpeg.794b38461d939c8d79bd9fcde5c66156.jpeg

As the party settles in, Riksha is the first to notice something peculiar: on a tree branch above their camp was perched a common squirrel. Beyond short, rapid breaths, it does not move, watching them intently. It made no move, but unlike most animals, it did not shy away when he made eye contact with the tiny beast.

Mechanics & OOC

OOC: If you are checking the map, you are in the hex where the river is the most visibly narrow.

Map of the Area

glennhollowmap.PNG.f30b1e1741faa0b932c55bf8af062be0.PNG legend.PNG.dc90229e897b5902477e737590668a7a.PNG

@nexiss @Rudolf @spikehed @paladinred

IMG_1870.jpeg.7bd47db7d706e22270ab620bce28e57d.jpegZeff replied to Amira, Oh, that’s ok. I bet I’ve forgotten a few things too.

He trudges along without complaint, but when the conversation turns to vampires, he gives the other members of the party, and the squirrel, a good, solid stare. After deciding the squirrel was friendly, he pulled the corner off his block of cheese, and tossed it in the squirrel’s direction.

Mechanics

Zeff uses his detect evil ability.

Link to sheet:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2825737

Music: The Beginning - Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Bjarvren Mountain Pass

image.jpeg.794b38461d939c8d79bd9fcde5c66156.jpeg

The squirrel does not appear to be wicked to Zeff's otherworldly senses. Catching the offered cheese, it was swiftly devoured, before the squirrel chirped at Zeff, as if trying to speak. Then, it leapt from branch to branch, heading east. Just before it got out of sight, it stared intently at the giant, waiting.

Mechanics & OOC

OOC: If you are checking the map, you are in the hex where the river is the most visibly narrow.

Map of the Area

glennhollowmap.PNG.f30b1e1741faa0b932c55bf8af062be0.PNG legend.PNG.dc90229e897b5902477e737590668a7a.PNG

Riksha

Riksha.png.f3241de41b0b5f3278dd77fa0c3f519a.pngRiksha stares at the squirrel as he answers the Diva.
"Dolly, did you see that squirrel? I think I saw something strange in how it looked at us. Like it was.. more than just a squirrel."

"Maybe I'm daft."

"Look! I think it wants us to follow it!"

Riksha moves to follow the squirrel.

"C'mon Zeff!"

Edited by nexiss (see edit history)

spacer.pngSeeing the subject of her origin and abilities seemingly already forgotten by the others, Amira gladly stood and began to follow the squirrel in silence with the two men.

Character Sheet

Actions

Motivate Charisma: +6 all cha checks

Motivate Care: +1 ac

image.png.f7ba7c73f9311e392762f70f34d11f83.png

Dolly the Deva: Dolly :: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e :: Myth-Weavers Online Character Sheets

Deva 3// Bard 3

Aasimar

Dolly looks bemused at the logic but follows anyway, chasing squirrels most likely will end in a wild goose chase. Wild, okay I get it, Druidic abilities to change into animals, fine. The celestial was now in a sour mood due to not catching on quickly enough, she hates being wrong.

Music: The Shrike Hills - Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Bjarvren Mountain Pass

image.jpeg.3b85a4de59aa76cc667cec2839459ba1.jpeg image.jpeg.feeb870c9cd7a37691d4923b28ea059c.jpeg

Seeing the party begin to follow the squirrel, they were led deeper into the hills. Yet, those of keener senses may detect they were being led along a very specific path, one that only those familiar with the region would truly understand. Ere long, the squirrel arrived at a small rocky cave, shaded from the waning sun by a surprisingly dense canopy overhead. It perched on top of a boulder, grabbed a small pebble, and clacked it twice harshly against the surface. Movement could be seen briefly within the cave, before a humanoid figure emerged: a woman with olive skin, dark hair, elvish ears, and rugged armor fit for a woodland guardian. Around her neck was a deep green woolen cloak, across her back was strapped a quiver of arrows, and in her hands was a fine wooden hunting bow.

"Well met, travelers," she spoke softly, her brown eyes studying each adventurer in turn. "I don't suppose Dearcan delivered you to my camp on a whim. What brings you to these lands?"

Mechanics & OOC

Map of the Area

image.png.f7ba7c73f9311e392762f70f34d11f83.png

Dolly the Deva: Dolly :: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e :: Myth-Weavers Online Character Sheets

Deva 3// Bard 3

Aasimar

Dolly felt silly as they were led to the cave, when greeted by a female ranger(?) she replied "well met to you, good miss. We are here from the Realm Folded Tavern, we are here to aid Myrna Swiftbow. My name is Dolly, I will let the others introduce themselves" she says to the lady.

Edited by paladinred (see edit history)

spacer.png"I am Amira." She dipped her head slightly in a courteous manner to the woman who had come from the cave. When she lifted her head from the bow, her eyes studied the new person. Hopefully, this was the one they were searching for.

Character Sheet

Actions

Action: Life Sense to see if the person is living or undead.

Active Abilities

Motivate Charisma: +6 all cha checks

Motivate Care: +1 ac

Music: The Shrike Hills - Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Bjarvren Mountain Pass

image.jpeg.3b85a4de59aa76cc667cec2839459ba1.jpeg image.jpeg.feeb870c9cd7a37691d4923b28ea059c.jpeg

Amira would quickly sense that neither archer nor her squirrel companion were undead. Both were real, living, flesh and blood creatures. As for the squirrel, Dearcan, despite at first being quite intimidated by the giant warrior, Zeff conveyed enough kindness for the little beast to trust it with some scritches. This drew an amused laugh from the woman.

"I can't say I've heard of this tavern before. I certainly did not intend to reach beyond the planes when sending a call for aid. But, you are here now, and that is well enough. To see both an angel and a devil coming to help ordinary folk is most curious, but I shall not dwell on it. Indeed, I am Myrna Strongbow. As you saw in my message, the town of Glenn Hollow is in danger from a cult, more than I alone can provide. The townsfolk attribute the cult to an apocryphal figure of their own legends, the 'Barrow King'. Maybe there is some truth to it, but I cannot both remain to protect the town from attack while also investigating this rumor in the wild.

"That is what I have called you here for. You must follow this lead to whatever end it may bring you. While you are in town, I will scout the cultists' movements to guide you through them when you depart. To first reach the town, though... you can expect trouble to meet you on the road. If you are concerned about a reward, I am sure the elders of Glenn Hollow will repay your services most generously.

"Have you any questions?"

Mechanics & OOC

Map of the Area