Part I: The Slaughtergarde Laboratory

Ce'luna, Vaathwood Guardian

Celuna.jpg.0a7482a3ff2482fe3c946963bca3c229.jpgFemale   High Elf   Druid 1  

Init 4 | HP 8/8 | AC 12, Touch 11, FF 10 | Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4

Ce'luna (with her curious badger friend) would start poking into some of the goods stacked about while their holy father made a lengthy presentation to the group. Frankly, she wasn't overly concerned with any group politics, though she couldn't help admitting to herself that having more muscle between them and their enemies was not a bad idea.

Well, we've only got three of the crates we need here, so it looks like we will have to join you deeper into this cave anyway, she finally says to their new troubleshooter with a sort of derisive smirk on her face.

Show Mechanics

Actions

Free Action: 

Swift Action: 

Move Action: 

Standard Action: 

Skill Checks

Continuing Effects: None

Father Wilwick Bramblemane, Halfling Cleric

spacer.pngQUICK STATS:  AC=17, Touch=12, FF=17 / HP=8/8 / Init=0 / Saves: Fort=5, Reflex=2, Will = 6  ________________________________________________________________________

Nodding when it's been agreed to combine forces and missions, Brother Bramblemane looks at the crate of spices, which seems gigantic next to the diminutive Halfling preacher, and says in a lowered voice, "For now, we should probably leave the spices here untouched. Hopefully, that will deter anyone from knowing about our infiltration for now and they won't move the stolen goods to a different location."

"They are too heavy to carry with us deeper into a dungeon when we are expecting a huge fight, and so far, we have not found a good place to hide the spices either," the holy man adds.

Addressing the newcomers, Wilwick discloses, "We even have a donkey hidden in a gully about a quarter mile from here, but it seems like we should push on instead of making a half-mile round trip trek, especially when there are still nine missing crates of spices to find and liberate, as well as a goblin hoard to disperse."

"I don't have a preference which way we should go from here," the Domain Priest adds with a sincere smile in the same hushed tone as before. "I think North was mentioned, but I'm agreeable with whichever way the majority wish to explore."

"If we are seeking the goblins, we should probably try to go where we think they might be and avoid areas they are unlikely to be. Hopefully we'll find more of the creates and perhaps even a good place to stash them until we can leave," he concludes.

Continuing Effects:  None

Edited by Terran (see edit history)

Camlann Cobb

"Well, north and south look about the same, eh? Unless someone here can divine in which direction we're most likely to find more goblins, how about we let chance decide?" Camlann says, producing a copper coin from his belt pouch. "Heads we go north, tails we go south?" he suggests.

OOC: Suggesting this unless someone has a strong preference for one or the other direction. If chance is fine with everyone, let the die roll in this post direct us.

1 = North, 2 = South.

Name
Coin toss
1d2 2

Gwen Blodwen 

Gwen watches as Camlann tosses the coin and catches it.

"South it is then.*

Keeping her hand upon her hilt Gwen moves to near the front of the group, shield at the ready to protect the group.

"Eyes open and ears sharp, let's see if we can catch them unawares."

OOC

Stat Block

F LG Human Paladin, Level 1

spacer.pngQUICK STATS:  AC=17, Touch=12, FF=17 / HP=8/8 / Init=0 / Saves: Fort=5, Reflex=2, Will = 6  ________________________________________________________________________

Father Bramblemane smiles at the method of path selection used by the group, nonetheless presumably the gods had spoken in their own way giving the padre no cause for pause!

"Ready," Wilwick proclaims in a soft voice as he loads up his sling and takes his normal position in the middle of the party's ranks so that his healing skills can reach both the front lines and rear flank in times of emergency.

As such, the diminutive Hafling Priest will rely upon the illumination of his colleagues' light sources and will keep his one magical light cantrip held in reserve for a more opportune moment.

Ce'luna, Vaathwood Guardian

Celuna.jpg.0a7482a3ff2482fe3c946963bca3c229.jpgFemale   High Elf   Druid 1  

Init 4 | HP 8/8 | AC 12, Touch 11, FF 10 | Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4

I don't suppose we should consider any current physical conditions, Ce'luna adds as the others form up heading south, like air currents or tracks or anything. Let's just let chance guide us into whatever death might smell us coming. Silly humans, she adds silently.

She rolls her eyes, then wiggles her nose at Blakesly. We'll take the rear guard, she resigns herself with a sigh while her furry friend continues sniffing about, both of them keeping alert for any signs of danger.

She nocks an arrow and follows the others south, companion in tow.

Show Mechanics

Actions

Free Action: 

Swift Action: 

Move Action: 

Standard Action: 

Skill Checks

Continuing Effects: None

Edited by snugglepooh (see edit history)

Father Bramblemane nods his head affirmatively in agreement with Ce'luna and whispers, "Yes, very logical. Ce'luna, what clues have you discovered that will help?"

As the holy man waits for the expected insight, he himself tries to smell the air, feel the breeze, and see the tracks, since he was not wanting to be left out of the process just because he is smaller than everyone else.

After making a sincere effort to discover something helpful, Wilwick will quietly stand at the ready with his sling in hand, simultaneously keeping his eyes and ears focused on the surrounding environment while the party deciphers the clues.

Name
Spot
1d20+2 15
Search
1d20+1 3
Listen
1d20+4 20

Camlann Cobb

"We should have our sharpest eyes up front, and Gwen and I can form the second rank" Camlann suggests. "If someone has a torch, I can carry it, but if we find ourselves in a fight, it'll hit the floor right quick. Everybody okay with that?" he asks.

Crescenda

image.jpeg.988d75254c362aa82cbf7e00eda6246d.jpegCrescenda | WizardConjuror Variant of Wizard 1 | Spells used - L0: 1/4; L1: 3/4 | AC12/16Dexterity +2

Touch 12
Flat-Footed 10

If Mage Armor is cast and active, Hagen's Armor becomes: AC16, T12, FF 14
| HP: 6/6 | Fort +2 | Ref +2 | Will +3 | Spot/Listen +1/+1

Crescenda offers her lit torch to Camlann upon hearing his request. 

"My torch is yours, unless you wish for me to hold it, and I have two more if they are needed. I should remind our valiant group that my spells are all spent save for one, and a few party tricks. Further, do we have a scout who is willing to go forth or shall we make a group effort? Our brave priest took point previously but I wouldn't wish to..."

Crescenda is at loss of the specific word, so she looks to others for their eactions before her thoughts find an alternative..

"Endanger his holiness needlessly, shall we say?"

Conditions, Actions And Things Of Interest

Darkvision 60 ft

Resist 5    Cold
Resist 5    Fire
Resist 5    Electricity

Fable sucks her teeth,"I'm the lightest stepper, I'll bet, so I can take point for a short while. I can work my illusions, too, but for now, and I must stress this, I can not make myself invisible. My instructor in that had to relocate. Family business. Never found another instructor as competent." Fable rolls her eyes as she says that last part. But, then she assures the others. "Though, I can make myself appear to be, say, a goblin, or a swordswoman. Things like that. Otherwise, I'll remain close to the rear, and offer support with what illusions and charms I am capable of using. And, I've even got a protection on hand... in case either of you might need it. It's the spell of mage armor." She nods at Crescenda and Wilwick. Her gesture and offer is not one of condescension, but of caring.

Out of Character - Actions

Spot. Listen.

Name
Fable - Listen
1d20 11
Fable - Spot
1d20 6

Camlann Cobb

Camlann accepts the torch from Crescenda. "It matters little which of us carries this, we both need our hands free to make a difference in a fight, eh?" he says with a chuckle.

"I don't think we need someone to range very far ahead, merely to keep their eyes open for traps and ambushes," he continues. "Alas, it's not my keen senses that have impressed employers both past and present, or I'd be doing the spotting myself."

When mention is made of scouting ahead, Father Bramblemane whispers and says with a chuckle, "Before, I only was scouting because I'm the smallest and was the least likely to be seen! So, I appreciate you taking over Fable since my skills are rudimentary, but let me know if you ever want help or someone to go forward with you," the tiny Halfling adds with a sincere smile.

However, when Fable offers the protection of magical spell armor, Wilwick shakes his head negatively and adds in the same low tone, "Thank you for the offer, but it would not help me since I'm already wearing studded leather armor." Standing quietly, Wilwick continues to await the clues that Ce'luna or others discovered which will help choose our next route of exploration.

Continuing to stand watch while the group sorts out this and that, the diminutive holy man keeps his sharp eyes and keen Halfling ears focused on the surrounding environment watching and listening for the sight or sound of movement or anything unusual. He will continue his vigil with loaded sling in hand when the party moves out, taking his customary place in the middle of the formation so that his healing abilities can reach both the front and rear ranks in times of emergency.

Name
Spot
1d20+2 15
Listen
1d20+4 20

The crew moves south down a wide corridor and down a steep staircase. The end of the corridor turns right, and they hold back to give Fable a chance to scout around the corner. The flagstones flooring the passage give way to a natural cavern that has a muddy floor. A fat, green lizard almost five feet long rests in the mud to the west. Three timbers brace the ceiling. A pair of copper doors is set into the southern wall near the southeastern corner.

ScreenShot2023-10-20at10_53_43PM.png.4c6f9fffb4706e9ff4764faf9896babd.png

Edited by Chaz Hoosier (see edit history)

Gwen Blodwenspacer.png

As the group head down the steps Gwen attempts to remain as quiet as possible to ensure they do not alert the rest of the guard here.

Following Fable ahead, Gwen keeps her blade at the ready should a swift assault be required.