Jump to content

Chapter 5 — An Invitation You Can't Refuse


iantruesilver

Recommended Posts

"The only sure thing about luck is that it will change."

— Anonymous

 


 

spacer.png


19 Arodus, Toilday. The light, breezy morning has now progressed into a very warm afternoon with overcast skies, though judging from the lack of heaviness and humidity in the air, it doesn't feel like there would be rain.


[[ Mood Music ]]

spacer.png

 

Stepping out of the Temple of Brigh, Keshka pass several of her fellow acolytes busy cutting some lumber and assembling them into what could likely become carts in the near future.


Determined to get to the Foundry Tavern, she hangs a left on Temple Street. Rounding her way toward North Bridge, she comes up upon a group of six hauling some metal wreck, with a young blonde woman near the back complaining up a storm about how every cart and wagon in the whole town is tied up.

 

 

[[ Map — Torch ]]

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)
Name
HA (K)
25
1d100 25
Link to comment
Share on other sites

T'Sarra Khonnor 

spacer.pngT'Sarra Khonnor — Tiefling Oracle 1
AC/T/FF 19/14/15 | HP 11/11 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | Fort/Ref/Will 3/3/2 | Darkvision
Hero Points 1
Active Conditions: +1 to atk and AC vs. robots (robot slayer trait)
Spells:

1st: (4 remaining) Cure light wounds, Bless, Inflict Light Wounds
Cantrips: (unl) detect magic, mending, guidance, create water

Coming to Market

T'Sarra was still straining and dragging the robot wreck, making decent progress. Wouldn't be long now. She elbowed Rain one more time, sending the smaller shaman stumbling away and Jerry skittering off in fear.

"Rain. Hun, sorry again. Maybe take a break?" The girls heart was in the right place but T'Sarra wasn't sure Rain could lift Jerry her jerboa if he got wet. Girl didn't have much more meat to her than Val did. Barhuce and Vri were a bit more help, and they got the thing moving again.

They had the bridge pretty much blocked with robot wreckage when a familiar face came up behind them.

"Oi, hey Keshka! Ever bring back one of these? Any idea who might be buying? Val's worried we cleaned Sanvil out yesterday last time we sold him one. Know anybody else in the market who buys wrecked tech?"

 

Mechanics

 

 

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Trained Skills

Acrobatics* -1
Climb* +5
Diplomacy +7
Handle Animal +4
Knowledge (nature) +4
Linguistics +1
Perception +6
Survival +4
Swim* +5
   
   
* -1 ACP to str and dex skills  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Keshka

KeshkaPortrait.png.c5a8b8226b763306509344da12ab2897.png

"T'Sarra? What in Brigh's name are you doing?" She looked at the wreckage and shook her head in amazement. "You know this sorta thing is my job. The Temple might have some use but I was headed toward the Foundry Tavern. Some stuff that was brought back with me got put there."

She stepped back to look at the rest of the group.
T'Sarra she knew, young but capable. She felt a strange kinship for her, another outsider in the town. And who else was there? The kid, Val. She was complaining about something as per usual, but the kid was probably stressed. Keshka's eyes drifted to the android next half expecting a familiar face. But it wasn't Minnow, this was new hopefully less troublemaking one. Androids still unnerved her slightly, a holdover from her early years.

The girl trying to help T'Sarra was Rain, she knew her in passing. Not the most physically adept so Keshka hadn't interacted with her as often. But she could understand why she was helping out the kid. The lone man in the group was a total stranger to her, though given her recent absence that meant little. And finally... she knew that face... the performer! She couldn't recall the name but some nights while eating at the inn she had seen her sing. It was a nice break from the regular performances.

She looked over at Val, an expression of sympathy on her face. "Hey kid. I heard about your dad, I am sorry. If you need any help, I don't think I will be doing more salvaging until the situation gets fixed." Keshka gestured up at the top of the hill. "Especially if you are dealing with stuff like that. Those things can be dangerous." Keshka pointed at the apparently very destroyed robot wreckage.

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2857070]Keshka[/url][/b] [i]Changeling (Winter Hag) Galvanic Saboteur (Ranger) 1 NN[/i] [b]HP[/b] 12 / 12 [b]Speed[/b] ft [b]Init[/b] 3 [b]AC[/b] 17 [b]Fort[/b] 3 [b]Ref[/b] 5 [b]Will[/b] 1 [b]CMB[/b] +3 [b]BAB[/b] 1 [b]Claw[/b] +3 (1d4+2, x2) [b]Longbow[/b] +4 (1d8, x3) [b]Str[/b] 14 (2) [b]Dex[/b] 17 (3) [b]Con[/b] 12 (1) [b]Wis[/b] 13 (1) [b]Int[/b] 10 (0) [b]Cha[/b] 9 (-1)
Keshka Changeling (Winter Hag) Galvanic Saboteur (Ranger) 1 NN
HP 12 / 12 Speed ft Init 3 AC 17
Fort 3 Ref 5 Will 1
CMB +3 BAB 1
Claw +3 (1d4+2, x2)
Longbow +4 (1d8, x3)
Str 14 (2) Dex 17 (3) Con 12 (1) Wis 13 (1) Int 10 (0) Cha 9 (-1)

 

Text

Hide this

 

 

Commonly Used Skills/Special notes

Favored Enemy: Constructs +2
+X Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival checks
+X bonus on weapon attack/dmg
Can make untrained K skill checks to identify creatures with type

Perception: +5, +7 vs constructs

Actions

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Torch

The group continued to haul the robot wreck across town, dragging a bit of a rut along some of the muddy streets as you go. Along the way you pass a building where some garbage has been piled up rather high along the side of the road, and you can't help but gag a little bit from the rotten stench creeping into your nostrils.

 

spacer.png"Hi. I don't believe we've formally met. I'm Rain." The young woman with the veiled face introduces herself as she is shoved off of carrying duty. She then reaches into her hood and produces a small rodent, "And this is Jerry."

 

spacer.png"Hi Keshka." Val's tone changed immediately from her whiny complaints as she greeted the changeling, but it still carried a certain tone of darkness underneath, "Thanks. Sure. I dunno. I'm sure we could use the help, but like I didn't know you had a deathwish or whatever."

 

spacer.pngCompletely oblivious of the texture of the conversation being had around her, the android looks to the new girl, "Greetings. My name is Violet."

 

 

[[ Map — Torch ]]

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Keshka

KeshkaPortrait.png.c5a8b8226b763306509344da12ab2897.png

"My loss, if we had I could have met Jerry much earlier." She held her hand out to let the rodent sniff it.

She looked down at Val, concern evident on her face. "I heard about Parda Garr. The first dead body is always a bit of a shock. But your father is more than capable, I am sure he is fine." She put a hand on Val's shoulder, an awkward attempt at reassuring the girl. "But you know I spend most of my time at wreckage sites, I know how these places act. Plus, I did promise Kat I wouldn't be doing any solo work for a while, given the beating I took last time." She made eye contact with T'Sarra and pulled up her sleeve to show the still healing bruises on her left side.

She had managed to almost forget the android and was a bit startled when it spoke. She had almost been expecting attitude, not polite introductions.

"Huh, you are really different from Minnow aren't you?" She looked back at Val and winced, remembering her reaction when her sister had disappeared.

Speaking faster to try to get the awkward moment into the past tried to fill the silence. "I think bringing it to the Temple might be best? If nothing else I know they are building carts there. Maybe you could buy one? Or maybe someone at the Foundry Tavern? But with the situation I don't think folks are the most eager to trade." Wherever they led, Keshka would offer to help haul the wreckage.

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2857070]Keshka[/url][/b] [i]Changeling (Winter Hag) Galvanic Saboteur (Ranger) 1 NN[/i] [b]HP[/b] 12 / 12 [b]Speed[/b] ft [b]Init[/b] 3 [b]AC[/b] 17 [b]Fort[/b] 3 [b]Ref[/b] 5 [b]Will[/b] 1 [b]CMB[/b] +3 [b]BAB[/b] 1 [b]Claw[/b] +3 (1d4+2, x2) [b]Longbow[/b] +4 (1d8, x3) [b]Str[/b] 14 (2) [b]Dex[/b] 17 (3) [b]Con[/b] 12 (1) [b]Wis[/b] 13 (1) [b]Int[/b] 10 (0) [b]Cha[/b] 9 (-1)
Keshka Changeling (Winter Hag) Galvanic Saboteur (Ranger) 1 NN
HP 12 / 12 Speed ft Init 3 AC 17
Fort 3 Ref 5 Will 1
CMB +3 BAB 1
Claw +3 (1d4+2, x2)
Longbow +4 (1d8, x3)
Str 14 (2) Dex 17 (3) Con 12 (1) Wis 13 (1) Int 10 (0) Cha 9 (-1)

 

Text

Hide this

 

 

Commonly Used Skills/Special notes

Favored Enemy: Constructs +2
+X Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival checks
+X bonus on weapon attack/dmg
Can make untrained K skill checks to identify creatures with type

Perception: +5, +7 vs constructs

Actions

 

 

 

Edited by athedia (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.jpeg.3f95306a23dfeb7a6f315970d6687d0e.jpeg

 

Statblock

Vrilundass ‘Vri’ Arund
Female NG Half-elf Swashbuckler, Level 1, Init 3, HP 10/11, Speed 30ft
AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 5, Will 3, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
silversheen, MC rapier +5 (1d6+1, 18-20/x2)
cold iron dagger +4 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
shortbow (20) +4 (1d6, x3)
Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 15
Condition None
hero points: 0/1

 

"All the way back," Vri said. They were almost where they had to be and now this woman wanted to go all the way back.

"But maybe one of us can go to the temple, without the robot, to get a cart if there are some there. This thing is quite heavy. Whey don't they build them lighter? Oh, I'm Vrilundass by the way."

 

OOC

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Barhuce

spacer.pngBarhuce nods from where he’s struggling to help pull. "I'm Barhuce. Nice to meet you. And yes, we know they’re dangerous. Kohnir brought one up I guess and it fixed itself up. We made extra sure this one was wrecked."

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=2740751][B][SIZE=+1]Barhuce[/SIZE][/B][/URL] M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 4, [B]HP[/B] 9/9, [B]Speed[/B] 30 [B]AC[/B] 15, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 3, [B]Ref[/B] 4, [B]Will[/B] 0, [B]CMB[/B] +1, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 0 [B]1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) [/B] 3 (1d4+4, x2) [B] light Mace [/B] 1 (1d6+1, x2) [B] Dagger [/B] 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2) [B] Lamellar Cuirass[/B] (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10 [B]Condition[/B] None
Barhuce
M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), Level 1, Init 4, HP 9/9, Speed 30
AC 15, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13, CMD 13, Fort 3, Ref 4, Will 0, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) 3 (1d4+4, x2)
light Mace 1 (1d6+1, x2)
Dagger 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
Lamellar Cuirass (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
Condition None

 

Actions Crunch

Fort save:

Free:

Standard: attack w mace - w robot slayer trait and i think guidance

Readied action:

 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

T'Sarra Khonnor 

spacer.pngT'Sarra Khonnor — Tiefling Oracle 1
AC/T/FF 19/14/15 | HP 11/11 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | Fort/Ref/Will 3/3/2 | Darkvision
Hero Points 1
Active Conditions: +1 to atk and AC vs. robots (robot slayer trait)
Spells:

1st: (4 remaining) Cure light wounds, Bless, Inflict Light Wounds
Cantrips: (unl) detect magic, mending, guidance, create water

Coming to Market

T'Sarra gave the robot a kick then took a break, looking at Barhuce and Keshka

"Wrecked it good! Sanvil still wanted the parts, or the metal or something yesterday though." And so they were taking it to him! It made perfect sense to her at least. Though it was a good thought about the temple, Keshka was always thinking.

"It's a good thought. Hey! Nood... er Rain. Maybe you and Val head back to the temple, who knows maybe a priest of Brigh might have some use for this. Brigh knows we owe him for his help. And even if he doesn't, like Keshka says, maybe he has a cart? And while you're gone looking, the rest of us..."

She grabbed the robot again and started dragging it over towards the market again.

"Grab a leg, Keshka! Put your back into it. Never heard you were a stranger to a bit of hard work. Help us get it there and if we sell it you can have a share. Welcome to come back down with us tomorrow too, if you got nothing else on. Whole lot more to explore down there while we track Khonnir down. Town needs us, needs you too." Assuming nobody objected. It'd be good to have someone experienced in the club.

 

Mechanics

 

 

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Trained Skills

Acrobatics* -1
Climb* +5
Diplomacy +7
Handle Animal +4
Knowledge (nature) +4
Linguistics +1
Perception +6
Survival +4
Swim* +5
   
   
* -1 ACP to str and dex skills  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Torch

spacer.png"Oh my gods… FINE." Val turns on her heels after T'Sarra's suggestion, grumbling something under her breath as she stomps off about how she told them to leave the thing and not bring it back.

 

Rain looks helplessly to Val, then to the rest of the group as she follows the girl away.

 

spacer.pngNot understanding the nickname Keshka had given Val's other android sister she couldn't help but ask, "Minnow?"

 

"If you are referring to another being, I am certain that I am indeed different." The android goes to explain, recalling one of her earliest experiences, "Val's sister Domino had initially suggested she refer to me as 'Oa', which she said is short for 'other android', but as that would suggest I was of a state of lesser import, I was inclined to choose the name Violet instead."

 



As Violet babbled on, your group finally arrive back at Torch's Market Square. Despite the extinguished purple flame and the recent hardships that that has caused around town, most of the merchants and artisans seem to still be actively making an effort to trade, displaying whatever wares they've got for onlookers and potential buyers alike.

 

 

[[ Map — Torch ]]

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Keshka

KeshkaPortrait.png.c5a8b8226b763306509344da12ab2897.png

Keshka helped pull the wreckage along as she spoke to Violet. "Play on Domino, ending sounds the same and she was always up to trouble. Tried to tell her the world was a big place and that behavior wouldn't work out of Torch but she wouldn't listen. So.. little fish in a small pond." She paused a second reflecting. "It wasn't the nicest nickname. Wait? You met her? Surprised she is still alive out there, good for her."

Finishing dragging the robot she squatted down next to it, resting her elbows on her knees. "Violet is a good name. As a plant you can eat it, it smells good and can treat coughs. Pretty hardy too. And it's not a color you get to see much, outside of -" She went to gesture to the flame but then pinched her lips tightly remembering it was gone. She instead turned her attention assessing the find. She might not have brought it down but she wanted to make sure T'Sarra and her companions got a fair price for it.

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2857070]Keshka[/url][/b] [i]Changeling (Winter Hag) Galvanic Saboteur (Ranger) 1 NN[/i] [b]HP[/b] 12 / 12 [b]Speed[/b] ft [b]Init[/b] 3 [b]AC[/b] 17 [b]Fort[/b] 3 [b]Ref[/b] 5 [b]Will[/b] 1 [b]CMB[/b] +3 [b]BAB[/b] 1 [b]Claw[/b] +3 (1d4+2, x2) [b]Longbow[/b] +4 (1d8, x3) [b]Str[/b] 14 (2) [b]Dex[/b] 17 (3) [b]Con[/b] 12 (1) [b]Wis[/b] 13 (1) [b]Int[/b] 10 (0) [b]Cha[/b] 9 (-1)
Keshka Changeling (Winter Hag) Galvanic Saboteur (Ranger) 1 NN
HP 12 / 12 Speed ft Init 3 AC 17
Fort 3 Ref 5 Will 1
CMB +3 BAB 1
Claw +3 (1d4+2, x2)
Longbow +4 (1d8, x3)
Str 14 (2) Dex 17 (3) Con 12 (1) Wis 13 (1) Int 10 (0) Cha 9 (-1)

 

Text

Hide this

 

 

Commonly Used Skills/Special notes

Favored Enemy: Constructs +2
+X Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival checks
+X bonus on weapon attack/dmg
Can make untrained K skill checks to identify creatures with type

Perception: +5, +7 vs constructs

Actions

 

 

 

Name
Appraise
21
1d20+4 17
Link to comment
Share on other sites

T'Sarra Khonnor 

spacer.pngT'Sarra Khonnor — Tiefling Oracle 1
AC/T/FF 19/14/15 | HP 11/11 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | Fort/Ref/Will 3/3/2 | Darkvision
Hero Points 1
Active Conditions: +1 to atk and AC vs. robots (robot slayer trait)
Spells:

1st: (4 remaining) Cure light wounds, Bless, Inflict Light Wounds
Cantrips: (unl) detect magic, mending, guidance, create water

Coming to Market

T'Sarra let the robot go and looked up, rubbing her back, looking for Sanvil or anybody else who was looking at them.

"And it suits you Vi, I like it. Even if having a Vi, a Vri and a Val does lead to some confusion sometimes in the heat of the moment when some robot is trying to dismember you. So far we've been on the right side of those battles, so something is working. Anybody see Sanvil? Or anybody else who looks like they might be interested in this scrap?"
If she saw Sanvil she'd move up to him and greet the merchant, then nod back to the robot indicating they had another one to sell.

Mechanics

 

 

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Trained Skills

Acrobatics* -1
Climb* +5
Diplomacy +7
Handle Animal +4
Knowledge (nature) +4
Linguistics +1
Perception +6
Survival +4
Swim* +5
   
   
* -1 ACP to str and dex skills  

 

 

Edited by ccanary (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.jpeg.3f95306a23dfeb7a6f315970d6687d0e.jpeg

 

Statblock

Vrilundass ‘Vri’ Arund
Female NG Half-elf Swashbuckler, Level 1, Init 3, HP 10/11, Speed 30ft
AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 5, Will 3, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
silversheen, MC rapier +5 (1d6+1, 18-20/x2)
cold iron dagger +4 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
shortbow (20) +4 (1d6, x3)
Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 15
Condition None
hero points: 0/1

 

"What's wrong with Val," Vri asked to nobody in particular, while also looking for anybody who would be interested in buying the robot.

 

OOC

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

T'Sarra Khonnor 

spacer.pngT'Sarra Khonnor — Tiefling Oracle 1
AC/T/FF 19/14/15 | HP 11/11 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | Fort/Ref/Will 3/3/2 | Darkvision
Hero Points 1
Active Conditions: +1 to atk and AC vs. robots (robot slayer trait)
Spells:

1st: (4 remaining) Cure light wounds, Bless, Inflict Light Wounds
Cantrips: (unl) detect magic, mending, guidance, create water

Coming to Market

T'Sarra shrugged at Vri's question about Val.

"Kid's dad has been missing for more than a couple of days now. It's gotta drag on her mood, I imagine. Best we can do is sell, regroup and get back down under soon as possible, I feel. Keep pushing. Find Khonnir. That's the only thing that matters right now. Find Khonnir and get him out. That'll go a long way to helping Val."
 

Mechanics

 

 

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Trained Skills

Acrobatics* -1
Climb* +5
Diplomacy +7
Handle Animal +4
Knowledge (nature) +4
Linguistics +1
Perception +6
Survival +4
Swim* +5
   
   
* -1 ACP to str and dex skills  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Torch — Market Square

spacer.png"T'Sarra said that if i am not trying to kill you or obviously hostile, or if I am not one of your friends, then you need to ask for 'consent' before you can eat me." Violet regurgitates some information at Keshka that was previously given to her more or less verbatim, without truly displaying that she's internalized what those words actually mean.

 

spacer.png"Weyhll look what teh cat dragged in." Sanvil exclaimed as the tiefling caught his attention, "Wodn't y'all sayin' ya were goin' down under Weeping Slough there today?"

 

"Hay now don't tell me y'all are back already... What jy'all find?" He asks before he even gets lay eyes on the wreck that you've brought.

 

 

[[ Map — Torch ]]

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)
Name
SH: Sanvil 19Ar
18
1d100 18
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Keshka

KeshkaPortrait.png.c5a8b8226b763306509344da12ab2897.png

 Keshka gave Violet a worried look then T'Sarra one of we will have a talk about this later.  "The... plant is edible. It's a flower. All I meant was it is a practical name." She kept the eye contact with T'Sarra while shaking her head in disbelief. Keshka waited for the man to give a price, ready to indicate if it didn't fall within her assessment of the value.

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2857070]Keshka[/url][/b] [i]Changeling (Winter Hag) Galvanic Saboteur (Ranger) 1 NN[/i] [b]HP[/b] 12 / 12 [b]Speed[/b] ft [b]Init[/b] 3 [b]AC[/b] 17 [b]Fort[/b] 3 [b]Ref[/b] 5 [b]Will[/b] 1 [b]CMB[/b] +3 [b]BAB[/b] 1 [b]Claw[/b] +3 (1d4+2, x2) [b]Longbow[/b] +4 (1d8, x3) [b]Str[/b] 14 (2) [b]Dex[/b] 17 (3) [b]Con[/b] 12 (1) [b]Wis[/b] 13 (1) [b]Int[/b] 10 (0) [b]Cha[/b] 9 (-1)
Keshka Changeling (Winter Hag) Galvanic Saboteur (Ranger) 1 NN
HP 12 / 12 Speed ft Init 3 AC 17
Fort 3 Ref 5 Will 1
CMB +3 BAB 1
Claw +3 (1d4+2, x2)
Longbow +4 (1d8, x3)
Str 14 (2) Dex 17 (3) Con 12 (1) Wis 13 (1) Int 10 (0) Cha 9 (-1)

 

Text

Hide this

 

 

Commonly Used Skills/Special notes

Favored Enemy: Constructs +2
+X Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival checks
+X bonus on weapon attack/dmg
Can make untrained K skill checks to identify creatures with type

Perception: +5, +7 vs constructs

Actions

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...