Chapter 5 โ€” An Invitation You Can't Refuse

iantruesilver

T'Sarra Khonnor 

spacer.pngT'Sarra Khonnor — Tiefling Oracle 1
AC/T/FF 19/14/15 | HP 11/11 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | Fort/Ref/Will 3/3/2 | DarkvisionHero Points 1
Active Conditions: +1 to atk and AC vs. robots (robot slayer trait)
Spells:

1st: (4 remaining) Cure light wounds, Bless, Inflict Light Wounds
Cantrips: (unl) detect magic, mending, guidance, create water

Sanvil

T'Sarra roughly mimicked Sanvil's speech pattern without even realizing it.

"Weyhll, I suppose it all depends on the guide fee you're willing to pay. Make us an offer and we can go discuss it amongst ourselves. Is the idea you'd own all the salvage we find? " she asked, then was ready to go away and discuss in private with her people. She really didn't like the idea though. But if the price was right?

Mechanics

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Trained Skills

Acrobatics* -1
Climb* +5
Diplomacy +7
Handle Animal +4
Knowledge (nature) +4
Linguistics +1
Perception +6
Survival +4
Swim* +5

* -1 ACP to str and dex skills  

image.jpeg.3f95306a23dfeb7a6f315970d6687d0e.jpeg

Statblock

Vrilundass ‘Vri’ Arund
Female NG Half-elf Swashbuckler, Level 1, Init 3, HP 10/11, Speed 30ft
AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 5, Will 3, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
silversheen, MC rapier +5 (1d6+1, 18-20/x2)
cold iron dagger +4 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
shortbow (20) +4 (1d6, x3)
Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 15
Condition None
hero points: 0/1

"And it will most certainly have to wait until we find Val's father," Vri added. She wasn't sure if letting him go through those caves would be a good thing, so she took the excuse they had at the moment. And that was certainly more important than babysitting some merchant.

OOC

Keshka

KeshkaPortrait.png.c5a8b8226b763306509344da12ab2897.png

Keshka's face tightened a little at the thought of this trader joining. Coin was good, but she wanted to go to help fix Torch and keep the young fools alive. Not because... She paused and corrected herself, not just because the items under the hill were likely of more value than she could fathom. And this man had offered them twice what she felt the wreckage was worth. And trades weren't done just to be generous.

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2857070]Keshka[/url][/b] [i]Changeling (Winter Hag) Galvanic Saboteur (Ranger) 1 NN[/i] [b]HP[/b] 12 / 12 [b]Speed[/b] ft [b]Init[/b] 3 [b]AC[/b] 17 [b]Fort[/b] 3 [b]Ref[/b] 5 [b]Will[/b] 1 [b]CMB[/b] +3 [b]BAB[/b] 1 [b]Claw[/b] +3 (1d4+2, x2) [b]Longbow[/b] +4 (1d8, x3) [b]Str[/b] 14 (2) [b]Dex[/b] 17 (3) [b]Con[/b] 12 (1) [b]Wis[/b] 13 (1) [b]Int[/b] 10 (0) [b]Cha[/b] 9 (-1)
Keshka Changeling (Winter Hag) Galvanic Saboteur (Ranger) 1 NN HP 12 / 12 Speed ft Init 3 AC 17 Fort 3 Ref 5 Will 1 CMB +3 BAB 1 Claw +3 (1d4+2, x2)
Longbow +4 (1d8, x3) Str 14 (2) Dex 17 (3) Con 12 (1) Wis 13 (1) Int 10 (0) Cha 9 (-1)

Text

Hide this

Commonly Used Skills/Special notes

Favored Enemy: Constructs +2
+X Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival checks
+X bonus on weapon attack/dmg
Can make untrained K skill checks to identify creatures with type

Perception: +5, +7 vs constructs

Name
K (Local)
1d20 15

Torch — Market Square

Keshka Only

Sanvil Trett is a traveling merchant and tinkerer who moves from one town to another throughout southern Numeria. Beyond several other people in town such as Father Kyte, Councillor Khonnir Baine and Junkmaster Garritt Burrwaddle, Sanvil is established as a leading expert on the nature and function of Numerian technological artifacts, allegely capable not only of deciphering strange new devices, but also the strange symbols associated with these items.

Torch seems to be his favourite stop along his travels, for he makes a habit to stay for several months each time he visits, maintaining a well-stocked stall in Market Square during the day. His demeanour is reputed to be friendly and curious, his dealings and prices fair.

spacer.png"Naow even I dun think that would be a fair deal, and I'm nothin' if I ain't a fair dealin' man." Sanvil begins after nodding to the half-elf, perhaps in something of a surprising rebuttal to T'Sarra's suggestion, "For won, Imma think that there should be some negotiation bout what your services should be worth."

"And two, while I'd be maor than happy to take the spoils off your hands after paying you fine folks a flat fee, it wouldn't hardly be fair to y'all if I cut you out of the profits entirely, especially if it proves to be signifcant, no?"

[[ Map — Torch ]]

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

Statblock

Vrilundass ‘Vri’ Arund
AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 5, Will 3, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
Condition None

"How about this," Vri said, trying to defuse the situation, "we first continue our search for Khonnir Baine, bringing any interesting finds to you. You can then buy them or not. After we have found Mr. Baine, we can then discuss further investigations in the caves. This will give you a better idea of what can be found down there and gives us a better idea of the dangers, so we will both be better prepared."

OOC

Barhuce

spacer.pngBarhuce nods and looks around to double check which companions are here and which left before deciding not to add anything.

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=2740751][B][SIZE=+1]Barhuce[/SIZE][/B][/URL] M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 4, [B]HP[/B] 9/9, [B]Speed[/B] 30 [B]AC[/B] 15, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 3, [B]Ref[/B] 4, [B]Will[/B] 0, [B]CMB[/B] +1, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 0 [B]1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) [/B] 3 (1d4+4, x2) [B] light Mace [/B] 1 (1d6+1, x2) [B] Dagger [/B] 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2) [B] Lamellar Cuirass[/B] (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10 [B]Condition[/B] None
Barhuce
M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), Level 1, Init 4, HP 9/9, Speed 30
AC 15, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13, CMD 13, Fort 3, Ref 4, Will 0, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) 3 (1d4+4, x2)
light Mace 1 (1d6+1, x2)
Dagger 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
Lamellar Cuirass (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
Condition None

Actions Crunch

Fort save:

Free:

Standard: attack w mace - w robot slayer trait and i think guidance

Readied action:

Edited by Inash (see edit history)

Torch — Market Square

spacer.png"That sounds laike it maight be for the best." Sanvil agrees to what Vri has to say, "That way we can each have some time to come up with our terms."

With an agreement struck, understanding that the focus is to first find Khonnir, and that this won't necessarily jeopardize your current business arrangement, your immediate dealings with Sanvil is for now complete.

[[ Map — Torch ]]

Statblock

Vrilundass ‘Vri’ Arund
Condition None

"We have a deal," Vri said. As soon as the cart was there and the robot delivered, she would suggest they head to the temple first to discuss the water breathing spell for the next day, so they might have a bit more time before they have to come back up. Or maybe get a scroll or wand so they can cast it themselves, making it easier to come and go as they please.

OOC

Keshka

Once the negotiations were over, Keshka made to go to the Foundry Tavern. "I need to pick up something. Anyone care to join?"

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2857070]Keshka[/url][/b] [i]Changeling (Winter Hag) Galvanic Saboteur (Ranger) 1 NN[/i] [b]HP[/b] 12 / 12 [b]Speed[/b] ft [b]Init[/b] 3 [b]AC[/b] 17 [b]Fort[/b] 3 [b]Ref[/b] 5 [b]Will[/b] 1 [b]CMB[/b] +3 [b]BAB[/b] 1 [b]Claw[/b] +3 (1d4+2, x2) [b]Longbow[/b] +4 (1d8, x3) [b]Str[/b] 14 (2) [b]Dex[/b] 17 (3) [b]Con[/b] 12 (1) [b]Wis[/b] 13 (1) [b]Int[/b] 10 (0) [b]Cha[/b] 9 (-1)
Keshka Changeling (Winter Hag) Galvanic Saboteur (Ranger) 1 NN
HP 12 / 12 Speed ft Init 3 AC 17
Fort 3 Ref 5 Will 1
CMB +3 BAB 1
Claw +3 (1d4+2, x2)
Longbow +4 (1d8, x3)
Str 14 (2) Dex 17 (3) Con 12 (1) Wis 13 (1) Int 10 (0) Cha 9 (-1)

Text

Hide this

Actions

T'Sarra Khonnor 

AC/T/FF 19/14/15 | HP 11/11 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | Fort/Ref/Will 3/3/2 | DarkvisionHero Points 1
Spells:

Sanvil

T'Sarra nodded to Keshka's suggestions.

"For sure. Foundry tavern? We're staying right next to there, it's Val and Khonnir's place and all. I wanted to talk to Matuq about a couple of things. I'll keep you company."

Mechanics

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Trained Skills

Acrobatics* -1
Climb* +5
Diplomacy +7
Handle Animal +4
Knowledge (nature) +4
Linguistics +1
Perception +6
Survival +4
Swim* +5

* -1 ACP to str and dex skills  

Keshka

Keshka shrugged, tired of the indecision. She started off toward the tavern, letting the others figure out what they wanted to do. "Well, I am going there. I just need to pick this up then I am headed back home to the Temple."

Statblock

Keshka Changeling (Winter Hag) Galvanic Saboteur (Ranger) 1 NN
HP 12 / 12 Speed ft Init 3 AC 17
Fort 3 Ref 5 Will 1
CMB +3 BAB 1
Claw +3 (1d4+2, x2)
Longbow +4 (1d8, x3)
Str 14 (2) Dex 17 (3) Con 12 (1) Wis 13 (1) Int 10 (0) Cha 9 (-1)

Text

Hide this

Actions

Statblock

Vrilundass ‘Vri’ Arund
Condition None

"Works for me," Vri said, while following Keshka, "I'll join you to the temple if you don't mind. We have to ask about a water breathing spell for tomorrow and maybe see if we can get a wand or something, so we can stay down for longer and can come up whenever we want."

OOC

Torch — Foundry Tavern

spacer.pngHaving made the decision to first return to the Foundry Tavern, your party trots down Market Road. There's still a disgusting amount of garbage piled along the side of the road in front of some of the houses, causing quite a nauseating stench in some spots.

Approaching the Foundry Tavern, you still can hardly believe its uncharacteristic and awkward quiet. The place seems so different than the always-packed environment for idea sharing and celebrations you know.

As expected, Matuq is busy inside the Foundry at the small alchemy lab.

[[ Map — Foundry Tavern ]]

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

T'Sarra Khonnor 

Spells:

Sanvil

T'Sarra walked in and was about to slap the big half orc on the shoulder when she rethought a physical greeting surprising someone in the middle of mixing volatile chemicals.

"Matuq! How goes the battle up here? Any news around town? No luck finding Khonnir down below yet, though we found some shifty little creatures who said they saw him go through deeper into the caves. Also said something about a 'woman with purple hair' poking around down there before the Torch went out. Sound like anybody you know? Yours truly excluded, of course. Oh. And we also ran across some nasty mold that seems like it'll only respond to frigid cold. Know how to make anything that makes extreme cold, like, alchemically? You or Val or Barhuce, for that matter. Be good to find out what's underneath the carpet of spores. "

Mechanics

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Trained Skills

Acrobatics* -1
Climb* +5
Diplomacy +7
Handle Animal +4
Knowledge (nature) +4
Linguistics +1
Perception +6