Chapter 5 โ€” An Invitation You Can't Refuse

iantruesilver

image.jpeg.3f95306a23dfeb7a6f315970d6687d0e.jpeg

Statblock

Vrilundass ‘Vri’ Arund
Female NG Half-elf Swashbuckler, Level 1, Init 3, HP 10/11, Speed 30ft
AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 5, Will 3, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
silversheen, MC rapier +5 (1d6+1, 18-20/x2)
cold iron dagger +4 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
shortbow (20) +4 (1d6, x3)
Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 15
Condition None
hero points: 0/1

"We were, but we're back," Vri said, trying to ignore the talk going behind her back and hoping Sanvil didn't either, "and we brought back a little something you might be interested in."

She patted the robot on the 'head'.

OOC

T'Sarra Khonnor 

spacer.pngT'Sarra Khonnor — Tiefling Oracle 1
AC/T/FF 19/14/15 | HP 11/11 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | Fort/Ref/Will 3/3/2 | Darkvision
Hero Points 1
Active Conditions: +1 to atk and AC vs. robots (robot slayer trait)
Spells:

1st: (4 remaining) Cure light wounds, Bless, Inflict Light Wounds
Cantrips: (unl) detect magic, mending, guidance, create water

Sanvil

T'Sarra looked panicked for a second when Vi started speaking about consent, holding up her hands as Keshka watched her.

"No! Vi! Not... actually. That's not far off,"she shrugged. Considering where Vi had started.

"Close. EVEN if you are one of her friends, she still needs your consent before she can touch you in any way. Not just eating, which doesn't always mean what you think. She just meant eating the flower you're named after which is called a violet. See? As for other meanings ... that is a conversation for another time and another venue. Point is, even if she's your friend, she still doesn't get to touch you in any way that you don't like." She gave Keshka a pained look that said I'll explain more where this came from later.

Turning away from Vi, she smiled at Sanvil, a little forced. "Been there and back again, saw some invisible nudists, mushrooms that don't like the cold and most importantly," she nodded back at the robot. "Another one of those. Looks pretty much like the one we sold ya yesterday. Want it? Same deal as yesterday? Or you going to make us drag the ungodly heavy thing to another stall, or even worse down to the temple of Brigh?"

Mechanics

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Trained Skills

Acrobatics* -1
Climb* +5
Diplomacy +7
Handle Animal +4
Knowledge (nature) +4
Linguistics +1
Perception +6
Survival +4
Swim* +5

* -1 ACP to str and dex skills  

Torch — Market Square

Keshka Only

It's hard to say what a wreck like this would be worth. In its damaged state, if it were to be sold only for scrap, you'd be hard pressed to be able to sell the materials for any more than 500 to 1,000gp, but then if it were sold for parts, or even better, if you had a collector or similiarly interested party that could properly appreciate these technological things, who knows what the price of such a find could be?

spacer.pngWhile the android stands there wide eyed and gaping her jaw, trying to absorb the new information she's just been confronted with, Sanvil Trett listens to the tale of things you've encountered while exploring the caves under Black Hill.

At having his attention being called to the mechanical wreck, he jumps slightly as he seems visibly taken aback, but then asks, "Hayells, lady. Where'd you even drag these thangs up from? You got one of these hidin' in each your back pocket or somethin'?"

At long length, he replies, not able to hide a little tinge of a curiosity and hunger in his voice, "Yeah I'll take it off your hands, sure. Lemme have a good look at it."

[[ Map — Torch ]]

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

Statblock

Vrilundass ‘Vri’ Arund
AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 5, Will 3, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
Condition None

"If the price is right," Vri said, "but sure, have a look at it."

You couldn't have a sale without the buyer inspecting the merchandise. And contrary to fruit, you couldn't really break a robot by just feeling.

OOC

T'Sarra Khonnor 

AC/T/FF 19/14/15 | HP 11/11 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | Fort/Ref/Will 3/3/2 | Darkvision
Hero Points 1
Spells:

Sanvil

T'Sarra rolled her eyes, went back to where they'd left the robot and dragged it the few metres to get it closer to Sanvil. Right up to his feet.

"Close enough? Make us an offer, or I'm dragging it back to the Temple of Brigh. I kind of enjoy the exercise,"she laughed.

Mechanics

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Trained Skills

Acrobatics* -1
Climb* +5
Diplomacy +7
Handle Animal +4
Knowledge (nature) +4
Linguistics +1
Perception +6
Survival +4
Swim* +5

Torch — Market Square

spacer.png"Weyhll I'll tell ya wut." Sanvil says after a few moments of inspecting the wreck, parting a little bit of severed wire and a breakage here or there. When he speaks, his tone seems to suggest that he's unfazed by T'Sarra's threat of finding another buyer. "Imma give you two tausind for this one, how's'at sound?"

[[ Map — Torch ]]

Keshka

KeshkaPortrait.png.c5a8b8226b763306509344da12ab2897.png

Keshka looked at him in shock, that was a far higher offer than she had anticipated. He must have a buyer lined up for it, though she didn't know who that would be. She wouldn't speak for the group though, it was their find thus their gold.

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2857070]Keshka[/url][/b] [i]Changeling (Winter Hag) Galvanic Saboteur (Ranger) 1 NN[/i] [b]HP[/b] 12 / 12 [b]Speed[/b] ft [b]Init[/b] 3 [b]AC[/b] 17 [b]Fort[/b] 3 [b]Ref[/b] 5 [b]Will[/b] 1 [b]CMB[/b] +3 [b]BAB[/b] 1 [b]Claw[/b] +3 (1d4+2, x2) [b]Longbow[/b] +4 (1d8, x3) [b]Str[/b] 14 (2) [b]Dex[/b] 17 (3) [b]Con[/b] 12 (1) [b]Wis[/b] 13 (1) [b]Int[/b] 10 (0) [b]Cha[/b] 9 (-1)
Keshka Changeling (Winter Hag) Galvanic Saboteur (Ranger) 1 NN HP 12 / 12 Speed ft Init 3 AC 17 Fort 3 Ref 5 Will 1 CMB +3 BAB 1 Claw +3 (1d4+2, x2)
Longbow +4 (1d8, x3) Str 14 (2) Dex 17 (3) Con 12 (1) Wis 13 (1) Int 10 (0) Cha 9 (-1)

Text

Hide this

Commonly Used Skills/Special notes

Favored Enemy: Constructs +2
+X Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival checks
+X bonus on weapon attack/dmg
Can make untrained K skill checks to identify creatures with type

Perception: +5, +7 vs constructs

Statblock

Vrilundass ‘Vri’ Arund
Condition None

That was certainly a nice price. They might be able to pick up a few things for that amount of money. She looked at the others and gave a slight nod.

"We'll have to check with our companions who were off getting a cart," Vri said, "but it certainly is a fair offer I feel."

OOC

did Val and Rain already come back?

T'Sarra Khonnor 

Hero Points 1
Spells:

Sanvil

T'Sarra looked from Sanvil to Vri and back again then looked a little pained and openly contradicted Vri.

"No we don't!" she chimed in smiling, eager to get the coin.

"Look Vri, if Rain and Val object and we find this pile was worth ten you can blame me. But we don't have all day to haggle. Let's get the coin, get the gods awful heavy piece off our hands and get back to the job at hand. Finding Khonnir."

Mechanics

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Trained Skills

Acrobatics* -1
Climb* +5
Diplomacy +7
Handle Animal +4
Knowledge (nature) +4
Linguistics +1
Perception +6
Survival +4
Swim* +5

Keshka

KeshkaPortrait.png.c5a8b8226b763306509344da12ab2897.png

"It isn't my place to say but T'Sarra is correct. Though before we go hunting for anything else like this, I would like to know if you have any interest in more finds like these Sanvil?" Keshka almost absentmindedly played with her bracelet. It would have likely been worth a fair amount before she used it, but now... well her surviving was also worth it.

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2857070]Keshka[/url][/b] [i]Changeling (Winter Hag) Galvanic Saboteur (Ranger) 1 NN[/i] [b]HP[/b] 12 / 12 [b]Speed[/b] ft [b]Init[/b] 3 [b]AC[/b] 17 [b]Fort[/b] 3 [b]Ref[/b] 5 [b]Will[/b] 1 [b]CMB[/b] +3 [b]BAB[/b] 1 [b]Claw[/b] +3 (1d4+2, x2) [b]Longbow[/b] +4 (1d8, x3) [b]Str[/b] 14 (2) [b]Dex[/b] 17 (3) [b]Con[/b] 12 (1) [b]Wis[/b] 13 (1) [b]Int[/b] 10 (0) [b]Cha[/b] 9 (-1)
Keshka Changeling (Winter Hag) Galvanic Saboteur (Ranger) 1 NN HP 12 / 12 Speed ft Init 3 AC 17 Fort 3 Ref 5 Will 1 CMB +3 BAB 1 Claw +3 (1d4+2, x2)
Longbow +4 (1d8, x3) Str 14 (2) Dex 17 (3) Con 12 (1) Wis 13 (1) Int 10 (0) Cha 9 (-1)

Text

Hide this

Commonly Used Skills/Special notes

Favored Enemy: Constructs +2
+X Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival checks
+X bonus on weapon attack/dmg
Can make untrained K skill checks to identify creatures with type

Perception: +5, +7 vs constructs

Statblock

Vrilundass ‘Vri’ Arund
Condition None

Vri wasn't sure if cutting out Val and Rain in the negotiations was a good idea, but she also wanted to get rid of this thing, so she nodded.

"Okay," she said, "but you tell Val that the cart she went to get isn't necessary."

OOC

Torch — Market Square

spacer.pngSanvil watches the group's thoughtful bickering with an understanding smile, giving a shrug here or there to indicate that this is ultimately your decision to sell.

"Weyhll of coarse I'm interested," Once the decision is made, the merchant counts out the coin at the agreed upon price for your transaction, "But Imma be honest wit'joo, I'd like to see this place y'all be dredgin' these tangs up from fer myself, if you get what I mean."

"Oh dunjoo worry, I'll ask'ta barrow the cart to haul this thang back if it makes her feel better, haow's that?"

[[ Map — Torch ]]

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

T'Sarra Khonnor 

Hero Points 1
Spells:

Sanvil

T'Sarra nodded at Vri, then started taking coin.

"Thanks Keshka! As for Val, she has been a little prickly lately, hasn't she?" she asked Vri about Val, though it wasn't really a question.

"Can't really blame the kid though. We're all on edge with Khonnir missing and the Torch out, but he's her Dad. She's gotta be worried sick about him. And yeah, unless you're a whole lot stronger than you look, Sanvil, you're going to need that cart! We can even help you load it, free of charge. But as for where we find the stuff," she turned to the merchant.

"If we told you where we were getting the stuff you wouldn't have to buy from us, now would you? Trust me, you don't want to be poking around where we found this, believe me."
If the transaction was done, and once Val and Rain returned with a wagon, she was ready to go with them and Keshka, Vri and Barhuce back to the Foundry Tavern to see how Matuq was getting on. And to see if he could make something to bring instant debilitating cold, and how long it would take.

Mechanics

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Trained Skills

Acrobatics* -1
Climb* +5
Diplomacy +7
Handle Animal +4
Knowledge (nature) +4
Linguistics +1
Perception +6
Survival +4
Swim* +5

Barhuce

spacer.pngBarhuce quietly tries to do his share pulling the robot wreckage and trying to display more wisdom than normal by staying silent on the subject of Val and Vi and consent and why Val might be cranky. Far too many landmines there.

Barhuce remains quietly content at the negotiations.

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=2740751][B][SIZE=+1]Barhuce[/SIZE][/B][/URL] M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 4, [B]HP[/B] 9/9, [B]Speed[/B] 30 [B]AC[/B] 15, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 3, [B]Ref[/B] 4, [B]Will[/B] 0, [B]CMB[/B] +1, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 0 [B]1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) [/B] 3 (1d4+4, x2) [B] light Mace [/B] 1 (1d6+1, x2) [B] Dagger [/B] 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2) [B] Lamellar Cuirass[/B] (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10 [B]Condition[/B] None
Barhuce
M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), Level 1, Init 4, HP 9/9, Speed 30
AC 15, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13, CMD 13, Fort 3, Ref 4, Will 0, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) 3 (1d4+4, x2)
light Mace 1 (1d6+1, x2)
Dagger 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
Lamellar Cuirass (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
Condition None

Actions Crunch

Fort save:

Free:

Standard: attack w mace - w robot slayer trait and i think guidance

Readied action:

Edited by Inash (see edit history)

Torch — Market Square

spacer.png"Naow naow, that maight not necessarily be true." Sanvil says, countering T'Sarra's argument. After a moment of thought, he says, "If I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' daown, you're sayin' Imma wanna a reliable group of folks t'go down there with me, people who know their way pretty good."

"So if Imma pay to charter a party for an expedition daown there anyway," He pivots here to make his point, "Why shouldn't the money go to you, am I right?"

[[ Map — Torch ]]

ร—
ร—