The Scythe and the Forge: Smuggler's Run

Blue Jay

jsMLpMl.jpg

Race Anthropomorphic Tiger

Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=831832

Name Naomi

Class/Level Anthropomorphic Tiger 3/ Monk 11// Favoured Soul 14

Ongoing Effects: Shield of Faith (+4) AC 35, Divine Favour (+5) Attack, Bulls Str (+4, +2 Attack and Damage), Air Walk

Naomi casts a spell and then begins to walk in the direction of the tree, walking on the air as though it were solid ground.

Round 1: Shield of Faith (+4 Deflection)

Round 2: Divine Favour (+5 to Attack)

Round 3: Spiritual Weapon (Shaped like a claw, +15 1d8+4)

OOC

@rogueblade0729, it doesn't technically say the 3 rounds have to be consecutive, so I'll say that you can tolerate 1-2 rounds of disruption. Sleet storm does last for several rounds, though; so if neither you nor Gitcha moves soon, you'll have to start over. And I also technically didn't declare when your study period began, either: since the maximum Spot distance in a sparse forest is 3d6 + 10 feet, we'll say you can't have started studying beforehand, so last round was your first round of study (2 more to go).

@paladinred, Noami needs to roll a Reflex save against the fireball. Also, please wait until your turn comes up in Initiative order before posting your actions, because the strategic situation may change. When it's your turn to post, your character's name will appear on the "To Post" line. If you appear on the "Special Actions" line, click on your name to see what special action you need to take (in this case, it's a Reflex save against fireball).

Jarren Grayson, the Nightshade

image.jpeg.7ee722c41543eea6cfe96701d4f48ece.jpeg

As Gitcha and the golems were concealed in the magical sleet, Jarren lost sight of his quarry. While he desperately wished to take him out of the fight quickly, he also realized that the thralls that approached were the far greater threat. Knowing that throwing himself straight into the thicket of blades that was the formation of warriors, he instead decided to make a move for the backline archers and mages.

Calling forth the magic of his belt, the Nightshade slipped out of cover, dashed through the blood-shaded woods like a wraith, then let forth a torrent of blades upon the poor archer. No fear was in the man's eye, for he accepted the hope of victory as readily as the fate of death that may await him. Fey was his mood, and until the battle's end or his life's, he will be relentless in protecting his friends.

Mechanics & OOC

Statblock

Jarren Grayson, the Nightshade
Male NG Dark Human LA 1/Rogue 5/Avenger 7 || Urban Ranger 3/Fighter 4/Swashbuckler 2/Urban Ranger +3/Barbarian 1, Level 13, Init 7, HP 83+26/131+26, DR 1/- (7/10), Speed 60ft
AC 23+4, Touch 16, Flat-footed 18+4, Fort 11+7, Ref 16+7, Will 6+7, Base Attack Bonus +13/+8/+3
Lesser Cold Assault Rogue Blade +19/+14/+9 (1d8+1+1d6 Cold, 19-20/x2)
+1 Light Swordbow (x40 Arrows) +19/+14/+9 (1d6+1 [Bow] | 1d8+1 [Rapier], x3 [Bow] | 18-20/x2 [Rapier])
+2 Short Sword +20/+15/+10 (1d6+2, 19-20/x2)
+3 Least Iron Ward Mithral Chain Shirt (+7 Armor, +6 Dex)
Abilities Str 11, Dex 21, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 11, Cha 15
Condition

Dark Subtype

• Resistance: Cold 10
  • Hide in Plain Sight (Ex)

Rogue/Avenger

• Sneak Attack (+7d6+13)
  • Trap Sense (Ex) +1
  • Trapfinding
  • (Improved) Uncanny Dodge (Ex)
  • Evasion (Ex)
  • Poison Use
  • +3 to Saves vs Poison
  • Death Attack (DC 21)

Urban Ranger

• Favored Enemy (Human +4) (Gnoll +2) (Ex)
  • Urban Tracking
  • Wild Empathy (Ex) (1d20+3)
  • Combat Style (Two-Weapon) (Ex)
  • Improved Combat Style (Two-Weapon) (Ex)

Swashbuckler

• Weapon Finesse (Ex)
  • Grace (Ex) (+1)

Barbarian

• Ferocity (Ex) [0/1]x/day
  • Lion Totem

Shadows of Virtue

• Rank 30 (Nightshade)
  • Hire for Lesser Action
  • Hire for Greater Action
  • Nimble Charge
  • Nimble Stand
  • Dimension Door [0/1]x/day
  • Opportunist (Ex)

Magic Items

• Rogue Blade [2/2]x/day
  • Belt of Battle [2/3] charges
  • Rod of Ropes
  • Corsair's Eyepatch
  • Bracers of Murder
  • Cloak of the Bat
  • Necklace of Vine Strike [3/3]x/day
  • Anklet of Translocation [2/2]x/day
  • Ring of the Darkhidden
  • Shiftweave
  • Handy Haversack 

Active Effects: Nondetection (7 hours), Gift of Grace (until end of day); Conviction (130 minutes); Bear's Endurance (13 minutes); Freedom of Movement (70 minutes); Shield (1 minute)

OOC: At this point, I think Jarren can do more good picking off the enemies in the back than trying to Death Attack Gitcha. There's really no way for him to get a visual within such a short amount of time, and I'd really rather not have Jarren throw himself into the middle of all those warriors up there.

So, as a swift action, Jarren mentally activates one charge from his Belt of Battle to grant himself another move action. Then, he charges the archer directly south of him. Since he has the Pounce ability, this charge attack is made as a full attack. With Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, I think that means he gets 5 attacks, 3 with his main hand (rogue blade) and 2 with his off hand (+2 short sword). The first 4 attacks are at a -2 penalty, while the last attack is at a -5. Since this is at the end of a charge, he gets a +2 bonus to these attacks, so he only really takes a -3 penalty on the very last attack.

@Blue Jay You described in an earlier post, "A massive, dark cloud suddenly grows out of nowhere and blankets the entire area." Does that mean there's enough shadow between the trees (not under them) for Jarren to hide? I assume this cloud blots out the sun, no? If so, I think he gets Sneak Attack, so I'll roll that just in case the answer is Yes. If the answer is Yes, how many sneak attacks does Jarren get / how many attacks is the archer denied his / her Dexterity bonus to AC? Presumably just the one is enough to kill them, but I want to make sure I'm following this RAW, 'cause it's been forever since I played Jarren in combat.

EDIT: If the archer is a human, all of these attacks gain a +4 bonus to hit and a +4 bonus to damage, due to Favored Enemy + Solitary Hunter.

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)
Name
Rogue Blade Stab 1
30; 12
1d20+19;1d8+1d6+1 [11]; [11,7,4]
Rogue Blade Stab 2
22; 6
1d20+14;1d8+1d6+1 [8]; [8,4,1]
Rogue Blade Stab 3
28; 12
1d20+9;1d8+1d6+1 [19]; [19,5,6]
Crit Confirm
12; 4
1d20+9;1d8+1d6+1 [3]; [3,1,2]
Short Sword Stab 1
31; 4
1d20+20;1d6+2 [11]; [11,2]
Short Sword Stab 2
23; 4
1d20+12;1d6+2 [11]; [11,2]
Sneak Attack (if applicable)
reroll(7d6,1,above,1)+13 2,4,2,2,3,3,5

Terry doesn't really notice the fireball on his back, not when his focus was on the tree approaching them.

He stomped foward to face it, the puny snowstorm unable to halt the inexorable tarrasque.

Crunch

Actually just re-looked at map and realized he was already in melee range, so he doesn't technically even need to move. Oh well. He'll 5' step towards the tree so he's not blinded by the storm then, thanks to colossal-reach, just FRA this Treebeard wannabe.

Also, he's colossal now, so he's 30'x30' space, final size increase.

(Lets see how much I butcher these attacks, also, the sheet-roller doesn't even seem to work at all for me, also apparently is just a giant list of every single field)

Defenses potentially to come up... Hmm... DR 8/-, SR 32 (he can now reaction to lower for friendly spells), mind blank, general resistance of 17 to most energies, Carapace (reflect rays/lines/cones/magic missiles? from >30ft away, double resistances/DR from everything else >30ft away) Freedom of Movement, Counter (not really a defense, but reactive attack), aaaand.... Third Eye Clarity (in case anything goes for a stun/daze). I need to recreate his statblock :(

Well, at least the bite was good.

Edited by Sylas (see edit history)
Name
Balance
1d20+2 11
Bite
30; 50
1d20+15;6d8+16 [15]; [15,4,3,6,7,8,6]
Claw 1
17; 22
1d20+10;3d6+11 [7]; [7,5,4,2]
Claw 2
15; 19
1d20+10;3d6+11 [5]; [5,3,1,4]
Horn 1
24; 17
1d20+10;3d6+6 [14]; [14,6,4,1]
Horn 2
11; 18
1d20+10;3d6+6 [1]; [1,6,2,4]
Tail
20; 16
1d20+10;3d8+6 [10]; [10,5,2,3]

Oswald Magismith, the Magical Artisan

With the forge fired up, Oswald begins his work attaching a new gemstone to the reaper's scythe. "Time to get to work and finish this before we are overwhelmed." Through their empathetic link, Thorn can feel the joy of an artisan working their trade mixed with the stress of the situation. Clearly feeling the stress of the situation he slips up a bit but his skill as a weaponsmith allows him to recover and still finish the first part of the repair to the scythe.

weapon_smith_by_omuk.jpg.1c9b4b2731aacbf8318ad1e42f811585.jpg

Oswald's UMD for the weapon

Oswald's UMD for the spell

Oswald's Craft (Weaponsmithing)

[URL=/sheets/?id=710485][B][SIZE=+1]Oswald Magismith[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Male Lawful Good Midgard Dwarf Outsider (Native) Artificer13|Midgard5/Archivist8, [B]Level[/B] 13, [B]Init[/B] 1, [B]HP[/B] 124/124, [B]DR[/B] [B]SR 23[/B], [B]Speed[/B] 30 ft [B]AC[/B] 32, [B]Touch[/B] 16, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 31, [B]Fort[/B] 18, [B]Ref[/B] 11, [B]Will[/B] 16, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] +11/+6/+1 [B]Morphing +1 Small Adamantine Dwarven Waraxe [/B] +15/+10/+5 (1d8+2, x3) [B] Small Dwarvencraft Mithral Full Plate +3[/B], [B] Small Dwarvencraft Mithral Heavy Shield +3[/B] (+11 Armor, +5 Shield, +1 Dex, +1 Size, +4 Deflect) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 15, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 25, Wis 11, Cha 16 [B]Condition[/B] [spoiler=Spells and Infusions] Archivist Spells Prepared: 0 - Read Magic, Resistance, Mending, Purify Food and Drink 1st -[strike] Longstrider[/strike], Identify, Divine Favor, Resurgence, Hide from Undead, Protection from Evil, Lesser Restoration 2nd -[strike] Tyche's Touch[/strike], Lore of the Gods, Mass Snake's Swiftness, Mass Snake's Swiftness, See Invisibility, Augury 3rd - [strike]Mass Conviction[/strike], Mass Conviction, Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Magic Circle Against Evil, Mass Resist Energy 4th - Death Ward, Restoration, Recitation, Freedom of Movement Infusions: 1st level 4/6, 2nd level 3/6, 3rd level 5/5, 4th level 4/4, 5th level 2/3 [/spoiler] [spoiler=Default Active Spells] Longstrider: +10 land speed Tyche's Touch (Protection): 3/4 [/spoiler] [spoiler=Special] 20% Miss Chance against Oswald via Minor Displacement effect +1 bonus to all saving throws against spells and SLAs +4 bonus to throws against enchantment spells and effects Greater Crystal of Lifekeeping: +5 competence bonus against energy drain, inflict spells, death effects, and death spells. 1/day reroll on failed save as a mental immediate action. Dark Knowledge 5/5 Bestow Curse SLA 3/3 ( Save DC 18, CL 10 ) [/spoiler] [spoiler=Adventuring Gear] [ooc=Tome of Worldly Memory]3/day +5 on a Knowledge check (takes 1 min, but if you have 5+ ranks in the Knowledge skill, it only takes a standard action)[/ooc] [ooc=Cloak of Minor Displacement and Resistance +3] +20 Miss Chance via the Displacement effect.[/ooc] [ooc=Ring of Master Artifice, Lesser] When worn for at least 24 hours, grants an extra 1st and 2nd level Infusion slot.[/ooc] [i]Ring of Protection +4[/i] [ooc=Stone of Luck] Gives a +1 Luck bonus to saving throws, ability checks, and skill checks.[/ooc] [i]Belt of the Adamantine Dwarf[/i] +2STR/+2CON [spoiler=Mithral Crown of UMD +5, Intelligence +4]+5 competence bonus to UMD.[/spoiler] [i]Boots of Dexterity +2[/i] [i]Everfull Mug[/i] x2, [i]Everlasting Rations[/i], [i]Field Provisions Box[/i], [i]Magic Bedroll[/i] [spoiler=Carried MW Tools] K. Arcana, K. Religion, K. Dungeoneering, K. The Planes, K. Nature, K. Local, Spellcraft, Decipher Script, Thieves Tools [/spoiler] [I]Wand of Repair Light Damage 50/50[/I], [spoiler=Augment Crystals] Restful Crystal( Armor ): Silver clasp with star shaped crystals. Allows the wearer to sleep in armor without issue. [Equipped]Crystal of Lifekeeping, Greater( Armor ): Bright, gleaming crystal. +5 Competence bonus against energy drain, inflict spells, death effects, and death spells. 1/day reroll on failed save as a mental immediate action. Crystal of Adaptation, Greater( Armor ): Bright green circular crystal. [i]Endure Elements[/i] effect, immunity against alignment and positive and negate planar effects. Crystal of Bent Sight( Shield ): small crystal on a plate of silver. Can avert eyes from a glance attack without miss chance. Truedeath, Lesser( Weapon ): Amethyst skull. +1d6 damage to undead. [/spoiler] [/spoiler]
Oswald Magismith
Male Lawful Good Midgard Dwarf Outsider (Native) Artificer13|Midgard5/Archivist8, Level 13, Init 1, HP 124/124, DR SR 23, Speed 30 ft
AC 32, Touch 16, Flat-footed 31, Fort 18, Ref 11, Will 16, Base Attack Bonus +11/+6/+1
Morphing +1 Small Adamantine Dwarven Waraxe +15/+10/+5 (1d8+2, x3)
Small Dwarvencraft Mithral Full Plate +3, Small Dwarvencraft Mithral Heavy Shield +3 (+11 Armor, +5 Shield, +1 Dex, +1 Size, +4 Deflect)
Abilities Str 15, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 25, Wis 11, Cha 16
Condition

Spells and Infusions

Archivist Spells Prepared:
0 - Read Magic, Resistance, Mending, Purify Food and Drink
1st - Longstrider, Identify, Divine Favor, Resurgence, Hide from Undead, Protection from Evil, Lesser Restoration
2nd - Tyche's Touch, Lore of the Gods, Mass Snake's Swiftness, Mass Snake's Swiftness, See Invisibility, Augury
3rd - Mass Conviction, Mass Conviction, Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Magic Circle Against Evil, Mass Resist Energy
4th - Death Ward, Restoration, Recitation, Freedom of Movement

Infusions:
1st level 4/6, 2nd level 3/6, 3rd level 5/5, 4th level 4/4, 5th level 2/3

Default Active Spells

Longstrider: +10 land speed
Tyche's Touch (Protection): 3/4

Special

20% Miss Chance against Oswald via Minor Displacement effect
+1 bonus to all saving throws against spells and SLAs
+4 bonus to throws against enchantment spells and effects
Greater Crystal of Lifekeeping: +5 competence bonus against energy drain, inflict spells, death effects, and death spells. 1/day reroll on failed save as a mental immediate action.
Dark Knowledge 5/5
Bestow Curse SLA 3/3 ( Save DC 18, CL 10 )

Adventuring Gear

Tome of Worldly Memory3/day +5 on a Knowledge check (takes 1 min, but if you have 5+ ranks in the Knowledge skill, it only takes a standard action)
Cloak of Minor Displacement and Resistance +3 +20 Miss Chance via the Displacement effect.
Ring of Master Artifice, Lesser When worn for at least 24 hours, grants an extra 1st and 2nd level Infusion slot.
Ring of Protection +4
Stone of Luck Gives a +1 Luck bonus to saving throws, ability checks, and skill checks.
Belt of the Adamantine Dwarf +2STR/+2CON

Mithral Crown of UMD +5, Intelligence +4

+5 competence bonus to UMD.

Boots of Dexterity +2
Everfull Mug x2, Everlasting Rations, Field Provisions Box, Magic Bedroll

Carried MW Tools

K. Arcana, K. Religion, K. Dungeoneering, K. The Planes, K. Nature, K. Local, Spellcraft, Decipher Script, Thieves Tools

Wand of Repair Light Damage 50/50,

Augment Crystals

Restful Crystal( Armor ): Silver clasp with star shaped crystals. Allows the wearer to sleep in armor without issue.
[Equipped]Crystal of Lifekeeping, Greater( Armor ): Bright, gleaming crystal. +5 Competence bonus against energy drain, inflict spells, death effects, and death spells. 1/day reroll on failed save as a mental immediate action.
Crystal of Adaptation, Greater( Armor ): Bright green circular crystal. Endure Elements effect, immunity against alignment and positive and negate planar effects.
Crystal of Bent Sight( Shield ): small crystal on a plate of silver. Can avert eyes from a glance attack without miss chance.
Truedeath, Lesser( Weapon ): Amethyst skull. +1d6 damage to undead.

((OOC: Trying to remove the second oversized image, editing the post seems to not be removing it. Edit2: I think that removed it.))

Edited by DragonFriend (see edit history)
Name
Oswald's UMD for the weapon
1d20+39 4
Oswald's UMD for the spell
1d20+39 11
Oswald's Craft (Weaponsmithing)
1d20+35 8

Defending the Weird Cave

Inside the Grotto

Oswald is able to put the sounds of battle out of his mind and focus on his work. With Ukumalei's divine power guiding him, he is able to rapidly harness the arcane energies and shape a fitting for the new stone. This work would have taken him practically a full day to complete, but here, in this place, he's creating the fitting in just a few seconds.

((1 of 3 successes.))

((Here is what you have left to do:

• 2 DC 40 Craft (weaponsmithing) checks (each is a full-round action). You must make the 3 checks consecutively: a failed check means you'll have to start over from 0.))
The Party

(( @rogueblade0729, I think charging is kind of incompatible with stealth, so I'm not going to give you Sneak Attack on this one. But, you are in dim light, so you are capable of hiding here.))

Jarren swiftly rushes across the woods and unleashes a flurry of sword strokes on one of the archers, who is caught off-guard. The man tries to fall back and draw his own sword, but he is swiftly cut down before he can finish the action.

Terry lurches up towards the tree and swings away at it. This tree is clearly not as intelligent or as combat-savvy as the bony trees he just faced on Thress, and Terry finds it easy to carve into it. One of his horns gets a little hung up on a branch and misses its target, but everything else hits and rips in satisfyingly deep.

(( @Sylas , did you get someone else to type those dice codes for you? Because those were actually pretty good rolls.))

Demiplane

The tree groans and wavers a moment before swinging some of its branches back at Terry:

Slam (Attack;Damage)

Meanwhile, the storm continues to swell around you. Everyone takes the following acid damage (no save):

Acid

There's a sudden loud cracking and groaning in the ground behind Terry and Naomi, and the earth near the cave starts to bend and fold, as if a massive scoop were being dragged through it, pushing the earth aside and created a funnel. ((This is the effect of a move earth spell.))

Inside the newly-formed funnel, a portion of the stone wall begins carving away, opening a tunnel over 5 feet wide, which leads directly into the Weird Cave. ((This is the effect of a stone shape spell.))

Oswald and Ukumalei can see through to the outside now, and they see some of the enthralled adventures running towards them at supernaturally enhanced speeds, bows drawn and arrows nocked.

Map

SaFMap05-WeirdCave.png.9e34491c9c367a43c3b775ffedef118e.png

Initiative and Status

27 - Jarren

26 - Cufwell (arrives on Rd 3)

18 - Terry

17 - Demiplane

16 - Experts

10 - Naomi

9 - Gitcha

6 - Warriors

4 - Spellcasters

3 - Oswald

27 - Jarren

18 - Terry

17 - Demiplane

16 - Experts

10 - Naomi

9 - Gitcha

6 - Warriors

4 - Spellcasters

3 - Oswald

27 - Jarren

26 - Cufwell (arrives next round)

18 - Terry

17 - Demiplane (Tree 276/400 hp)

16 - Experts (0/48 hp, 48/48 hp, 48/48 hp)

10 - Naomi

9 - Gitcha

6 - Warriors

4 - Spellcasters

3 - Oswald

To Post: Naomi

Special Actions: --

Name
Slam (Attack;Damage)
SyntaxError: Unexpected token ,
1d20+25,4d6+13
Acid
1d6 3

jsMLpMl.jpg

Race Anthropomorphic Tiger

Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=831832

Name Naomi

Class/Level Anthropomorphic Tiger 3/ Monk 11// Favoured Soul 14

Ongoing Effects: Shield of Faith (+4) AC 35, Divine Favour (+5) Attack, Bulls Str (+4, +2 Attack and Damage)

Naomi moves as swiftly as she can using the inside of Terry to get to the tree (CD14), she then attacks (if she can pounce she will).

Spiritual Weapon - 1st Attack 31 Damage 8, 2nd 21 Damage 7

Attack - 33 Damage 18

Round 1: Shield of Faith (+4 Deflection)

Round 2: Divine Favour (+5 to Attack)

Round 3: Spiritual Weapon (Shaped like a claw, +15 1d8+4)

Edited by paladinred (see edit history)
Name
Spiritual Weapon
1d20+16 15
2nd Attack
1d20+11 10
Damage
1d8+4 2
Damage
1d20+6 19
Damage
1d8+6 1
Naomi's Attack
1d20+22 11
Damage
2d6+9 4,5
3rd Attack
1d20+6 6

Defending the Weird Cave

Naomi

(( @paladinred , You need to remove air walk from your active effects, sense that post was not valid. That also means you need to roll DC 10 Balance to move at half speed. I don't think that leaves you enough movement to reach the tree.))

Naomi's spiritual weapon is able to hit the tree three times ((you only rolled damage twice though.))

OOC: Correction

I apparently messed up the tree's Slam attack against Terry in my last post, so here's a repost:

Slam

Gitcha & Co.

Gitcha tries to leap out of the sleet storm effect:

Balance

Jump

He leaps towards the hill and the new tunnel entrance the Barkeeper has carved for his thralls, and now Oswald and Ukumalei can see him coming too.

The westernmost spellcaster casts another spell, calling a massive hand made of earth and stone from the ground beside Jarren (this is an earthen grasp spell). The hand attempts to grab Jarren:

Earthen Grasp Grapple (oppose with Grapple or Escape Artist)

Another spellcaster casts grease on the ground surrounding Jarren (Ref DC 15).

The third simply runs towards the new tunnel into the cave.

The three warriors form up around the edge of the sleet storm effect at roughly where they believe the two constructs are standing, and ready actions to attack Gaius or Thorn if they emerge.

Map

SaFMap05-WeirdCave.png.683de88586bd8a0bd3baf3324d836a4a.png

Initiative and Status

27 - Jarren

18 - Terry

17 - Demiplane

16 - Experts

10 - Naomi

9 - Gitcha

6 - Warriors

4 - Spellcasters

3 - Oswald

27 - Jarren

18 - Terry

17 - Demiplane

16 - Experts

10 - Naomi

9 - Gitcha

6 - Warriors

4 - Spellcasters

3 - Oswald

27 - Jarren

26 - Cufwell (arrives now!)

18 - Terry

17 - Demiplane (Tree 263/400 hp)

16 - Experts (0/48 hp, 48/48 hp, 48/48 hp)

10 - Naomi

9 - Gitcha

6 - Warriors

4 - Spellcasters

3 - Oswald

To Post: Oswald, Jarren, Cufwell, Terry

Special Actions: JarrenOpposed grapple against earthen grasp
Ref DC 15 against grease
, NaomiBalance DC 10 in move in sleet storm
one more damage roll for spiritual weapon

Edited by Blue Jay (see edit history)
Name
Slam
28; 28
1d20+25;4d6+13 [3]; [3,4,3,4,4]
Balance
1d20+4 14
Jump
1d20+50 4
Earthen Grasp Grapple
1d20+12 2

The map does not seem to work, the background looks like it is flashing. It might be that the image is too big, maybe?

I have removed Air Walk from My active spells

My Balance for Naomi is +9, since you cannot fail on a natural 1 for skill checks this means she can get there but not attack.

Edited by paladinred (see edit history)

Terry doesn't see, but definitely feels the ground behind him turn into soup, and then the small ones' charge towards that soup. There was a new opening. Meaning this tree would have to wait.

He turns and charges headlong back through the snow, this time completely footsure. Unseen but cetainly heard by the approaching enemies, he challenges them to continue their approach. They wouldn't enjoy it.

Crunch

This post had surprisingly few total muck ups by the editor. Which shouldn't be the biggest hurdle to making decent or better posts... Anyhow. Terry's still 10' too small on your map. Moving south to plug up the hole, if he doesn't have enough move speed to actually get there he'll burn Rush (x4 base speed for 1 round). Completely physically blocking the hole, with tail if necessary to make sure they can't (well, easily...) get through.

Thankfully from that (for him) amazing round of attacks (although I suspect had more to do with him only missing on a nat 1) he's got +12 to his balance check (prevail), so no risk of failure for 1 round, yaaay. The tree missed by 1, the acid wasn't strong enough to do anything to him, Terry's still fresh. ... Although the tree will get an AoO for him moving out... Ohh well.

I'm ignoring his counter ability for now, unless people want me to try and nuke the tree faster.

Also highly doubt he has a prayer of the SR working against the storm of vengeance, so not bothering with that (also kinda weird it allows a SR anyways, for the lightning maybe, but not really the other physics-based effects).

Statblock

Terry

Colossal Magical Beast

Hit Points/Dice: 442 / 17d12

Initiative: +2

Speed:50 ft. (10 Squares), Swim 50 ft. (10 Squares), Burrow 25 ft. (5 Squares)

Armour Class: 29, Touch 5, Flat-Footed 27

Other Defenses: Damage Reduction 8/-, Spell Resistance 32, Mind Blank, Regeneration 8, Resistance to Acid 17, Cold 17, Electricity 17, Fire 17, Sonic 17

Base Attack/Grapple:+12/+38

Attack: Bite +15 melee (6d8+16/18-20/x3) or Claw +10 melee (3d6+10/18-20/x3) or Horn +10 melee (3d6+6/18-20/x3) or Tail (Whirlwind) +10 (3d8+6/18-20/x3) or Fullblade +15 melee (Xd8+11/+16)

Full Attack: Bite +15 melee (6d8+16/18-20/x3) and 2 Claws +10 melee (3d6+11/18-20/x3) and 2 Horns +10 melee (3d6+6/18-20/x3) and Tail +10 melee (3d8+6/18-20/x3) or Fullblade +15/+10/+5 melee (Xd8+11/+16)

Space/Reach: 30ft./20 ft.

Special Attacks: Brutal Grab, Rush, Improved Grab, Stomp, Primal Roar, Reality Tear, Tail Slap, Trample, Earthquake

Special Qualities: Ancient Body*, Monstrosity, Growth (4), Beginning of the End, Terror from Below, Reality Bend, Destroyer, Carapace, Prevail, Counter

Saves: Fort +29, Ref +7, Will +26

Abilities: Str 31, Dex 14, Con 39, Int 14, Wis 11, Cha 11

Skills: Hide -10, Intimidate +21, Listen +20, Move Silently +6, Spot +20, Survival +2

Feats: Alternate Form [Monstrous], Endurance, Subduing Strike [General], Steadfast Determination, Reactive Resistance, Improved Alternate Form [Monstrous]

Edited by Sylas (see edit history)
Name
Balance
1d20+2+12 9

IMG_7551.webp
Cufwell Greenskin

With his best friend healed as best he can on the move Cufwell concentrates on catching his quarry; as they approach he drops Tanu and races towards the nearest enemy to cut them down as quickly as possible on his way to the cave.

IMG_7550.webp
Tanu

Tanu leaps from Cufwell's arms ready to spring in to action; as Cufwell heads to one target she heads to the other.

OOC: Assuming they have entered at the point the path starts on the map; Cufwell will charge the magic user in the path (TWPounce and skirmish), Tanu will charge the other.

Cufwell is AC 31 = 29 +4 (skirmish) -2 charge

Attacks against Cufwell are +4/+4 (attack/damage) but attract an AoO (of which he has 5/round thanks to Combat Reflexes).

Dice rolls

Cufwell

Primary weapon (+2 for charge, damage, fire crystal damage, next round fire crystal damage, skirmish damage + boots)

Secondary weapon (+2 for charge, damage, acid crystal damage, lightning damage, skirmish damage + boots)

Potential TWRend

Tanu

Bite (+2 charge)

try again! - Bite (+2 charge)

OOC: Another 19, seriously!

Edited by Delia2531 (see edit history)
Name
Primary weapon (+2 for charge, damage, fire crystal damage, next round fire crystal damage, skirmish damage + boots)
52; 14; 4; 2; 9
1d20+33; 1d8+11; 1d6; 1d6; 4d6+2 [19]; [19,3]; [19,3,4]; [19,3,4,2]; [19,3,4,2,3,1,1,2]
Secondary weapon (+2 for charge, damage, acid crystal damage, lightning damage, skirmish damage + boots)
47; 15; 3; 6; 14
1d20+31; 1d8+11; 1d6; 1d6; 4d6+2 [16]; [16,4]; [16,4,3]; [16,4,3,6]; [16,4,3,6,3,3,4,2]
Potential TWRend
1d6+11 5
Bite (+2 charge)
SyntaxError: Unexpected token ,
1d20+19, 1d8+12
Bite (+2 charge)
23; 16
1d20+19; 1d8+12 [4]; [4,4]

Oswald Magismith, the Magical Artisan

Oswald pauses his crafting, sighs, and mumbles, "You know, I was hoping that stone barrier would buy me at least a few seconds." Oswald turns around and throws a shining cloud of gemstone dust into the air, "You will not interrupt my work." Despite nothing appearing to happen beyond that, Oswald seems satisfied with the result and returns to his work.

[URL=/sheets/?id=710485][B][SIZE=+1]Oswald Magismith[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Male Lawful Good Midgard Dwarf Outsider (Native) Artificer13|Midgard5/Archivist8, [B]Level[/B] 13, [B]Init[/B] 1, [B]HP[/B] 124/124, [B]DR[/B] [B]SR 23[/B], [B]Speed[/B] 30 ft [B]AC[/B] 32, [B]Touch[/B] 16, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 31, [B]Fort[/B] 18, [B]Ref[/B] 11, [B]Will[/B] 16, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] +11/+6/+1 [B]Morphing +1 Small Adamantine Dwarven Waraxe [/B] +15/+10/+5 (1d8+2, x3) [B] Small Dwarvencraft Mithral Full Plate +3[/B], [B] Small Dwarvencraft Mithral Heavy Shield +3[/B] (+11 Armor, +5 Shield, +1 Dex, +1 Size, +4 Deflect) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 15, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 25, Wis 11, Cha 16 [B]Condition[/B] [spoiler=Spells and Infusions] Archivist Spells Prepared: 0 - Read Magic, Resistance, Mending, Purify Food and Drink 1st -[strike] Longstrider[/strike], Identify, Divine Favor, Resurgence, Hide from Undead, Protection from Evil, Lesser Restoration 2nd -[strike] Tyche's Touch[/strike], Lore of the Gods, Mass Snake's Swiftness, Mass Snake's Swiftness, See Invisibility, Augury 3rd - [strike]Mass Conviction[/strike], Mass Conviction, Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Magic Circle Against Evil, Mass Resist Energy 4th - Death Ward, Restoration, Recitation, Freedom of Movement Infusions: 1st level 4/6, 2nd level 3/6, 3rd level 5/5, 4th level 4/4, 5th level 2/3 [/spoiler] [spoiler=Default Active Spells] Longstrider: +10 land speed Tyche's Touch (Protection): 3/4 [/spoiler] [spoiler=Special] 20% Miss Chance against Oswald via Minor Displacement effect +1 bonus to all saving throws against spells and SLAs +4 bonus to throws against enchantment spells and effects Greater Crystal of Lifekeeping: +5 competence bonus against energy drain, inflict spells, death effects, and death spells. 1/day reroll on failed save as a mental immediate action. Dark Knowledge 5/5 Bestow Curse SLA 3/3 ( Save DC 18, CL 10 ) [/spoiler] [spoiler=Adventuring Gear] [ooc=Tome of Worldly Memory]3/day +5 on a Knowledge check (takes 1 min, but if you have 5+ ranks in the Knowledge skill, it only takes a standard action)[/ooc] [ooc=Cloak of Minor Displacement and Resistance +3] +20 Miss Chance via the Displacement effect.[/ooc] [ooc=Ring of Master Artifice, Lesser] When worn for at least 24 hours, grants an extra 1st and 2nd level Infusion slot.[/ooc] [i]Ring of Protection +4[/i] [ooc=Stone of Luck] Gives a +1 Luck bonus to saving throws, ability checks, and skill checks.[/ooc] [i]Belt of the Adamantine Dwarf[/i] +2STR/+2CON [spoiler=Mithral Crown of UMD +5, Intelligence +4]+5 competence bonus to UMD.[/spoiler] [i]Boots of Dexterity +2[/i] [i]Everfull Mug[/i] x2, [i]Everlasting Rations[/i], [i]Field Provisions Box[/i], [i]Magic Bedroll[/i] [spoiler=Carried MW Tools] K. Arcana, K. Religion, K. Dungeoneering, K. The Planes, K. Nature, K. Local, Spellcraft, Decipher Script, Thieves Tools [/spoiler] [I]Wand of Repair Light Damage 50/50[/I], [spoiler=Augment Crystals] Restful Crystal( Armor ): Silver clasp with star shaped crystals. Allows the wearer to sleep in armor without issue. [Equipped]Crystal of Lifekeeping, Greater( Armor ): Bright, gleaming crystal. +5 Competence bonus against energy drain, inflict spells, death effects, and death spells. 1/day reroll on failed save as a mental immediate action. Crystal of Adaptation, Greater( Armor ): Bright green circular crystal. [i]Endure Elements[/i] effect, immunity against alignment and positive and negate planar effects. Crystal of Bent Sight( Shield ): small crystal on a plate of silver. Can avert eyes from a glance attack without miss chance. Truedeath, Lesser( Weapon ): Amethyst skull. +1d6 damage to undead. [/spoiler] [/spoiler]
Oswald Magismith
Male Lawful Good Midgard Dwarf Outsider (Native) Artificer13|Midgard5/Archivist8, Level 13, Init 1, HP 124/124, DR SR 23, Speed 30 ft
AC 32, Touch 16, Flat-footed 31, Fort 18, Ref 11, Will 16, Base Attack Bonus +11/+6/+1
Morphing +1 Small Adamantine Dwarven Waraxe +15/+10/+5 (1d8+2, x3)
Small Dwarvencraft Mithral Full Plate +3, Small Dwarvencraft Mithral Heavy Shield +3 (+11 Armor, +5 Shield, +1 Dex, +1 Size, +4 Deflect)
Abilities Str 15, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 25, Wis 11, Cha 16
Condition

Spells and Infusions

Archivist Spells Prepared:
0 - Read Magic, Resistance, Mending, Purify Food and Drink
1st - Longstrider, Identify, Divine Favor, Resurgence, Hide from Undead, Protection from Evil, Lesser Restoration
2nd - Tyche's Touch, Lore of the Gods, Mass Snake's Swiftness, Mass Snake's Swiftness, See Invisibility, Augury
3rd - Mass Conviction, Mass Conviction, Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Magic Circle Against Evil, Mass Resist Energy
4th - Death Ward, Restoration, Recitation, Freedom of Movement

Infusions:
1st level 4/6, 2nd level 3/6, 3rd level 5/5, 4th level 4/4, 5th level 2/3

Default Active Spells

Longstrider: +10 land speed
Tyche's Touch (Protection): 3/4

Special

20% Miss Chance against Oswald via Minor Displacement effect
+1 bonus to all saving throws against spells and SLAs
+4 bonus to throws against enchantment spells and effects
Greater Crystal of Lifekeeping: +5 competence bonus against energy drain, inflict spells, death effects, and death spells. 1/day reroll on failed save as a mental immediate action.
Dark Knowledge 5/5
Bestow Curse SLA 3/3 ( Save DC 18, CL 10 )

Adventuring Gear

Tome of Worldly Memory3/day +5 on a Knowledge check (takes 1 min, but if you have 5+ ranks in the Knowledge skill, it only takes a standard action)
Cloak of Minor Displacement and Resistance +3 +20 Miss Chance via the Displacement effect.
Ring of Master Artifice, Lesser When worn for at least 24 hours, grants an extra 1st and 2nd level Infusion slot.
Ring of Protection +4
Stone of Luck Gives a +1 Luck bonus to saving throws, ability checks, and skill checks.
Belt of the Adamantine Dwarf +2STR/+2CON

Mithral Crown of UMD +5, Intelligence +4

+5 competence bonus to UMD.

Boots of Dexterity +2
Everfull Mug x2, Everlasting Rations, Field Provisions Box, Magic Bedroll

Carried MW Tools

K. Arcana, K. Religion, K. Dungeoneering, K. The Planes, K. Nature, K. Local, Spellcraft, Decipher Script, Thieves Tools

Wand of Repair Light Damage 50/50,

Augment Crystals

Restful Crystal( Armor ): Silver clasp with star shaped crystals. Allows the wearer to sleep in armor without issue.
[Equipped]Crystal of Lifekeeping, Greater( Armor ): Bright, gleaming crystal. +5 Competence bonus against energy drain, inflict spells, death effects, and death spells. 1/day reroll on failed save as a mental immediate action.
Crystal of Adaptation, Greater( Armor ): Bright green circular crystal. Endure Elements effect, immunity against alignment and positive and negate planar effects.
Crystal of Bent Sight( Shield ): small crystal on a plate of silver. Can avert eyes from a glance attack without miss chance.
Truedeath, Lesser( Weapon ): Amethyst skull. +1d6 damage to undead.

OOC: Standard action: Wall of Force at caster level 13, 1,300 square feet of invisible walls, circling around the Forge's work area. I'd like it to extend 20' in the air if possible, but I don't know how big the Forge of Xhosfar actually is or how tall the ceiling of the grotto is.

Thorn and Gaius move to block off the three mind controlled adventurers and work together to try to knock them out rather than kill them. Gaius will 5' step to AT-28, and Thorn moves to move to AV-27 by going above Gaius, can do so without triggering AoO with 45ft of movement.

Thorn's Aid Attack for +4 to Gaius' first attack

Gaius Non-Lethal Slam (not including Aid)

Gaius Lethal Slam

Thorn and Gaius Statblocks

[URL=/sheets/?id=1012795][B][SIZE=+1]Thorn[/SIZE][/B][/URL] M Iron Defender Construct, [B]Level[/B] 11, [B]Init[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 120/120, [B]Speed[/B] 50 ft/Fly 20ft (Good) [B]AC[/B] 29, [B]Touch[/B] 14, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 26, [B]Fort[/B] 6, [B]Ref[/B] 13, [B]Will[/B] 6, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 7 [B] Bite [/B] +11 (1d6+2, x2) [B] MwK Chainshirt Barding[/B] (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Size, +11 Natural) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 14, Dex 17, Con -, Int 8, Wis 11, Cha 7 [B]Condition[/B] Construct Traits, Darkvision 60ft, low-light vision, Evasion, 20% Concealment, Aid for +4, +2 to personal and ally damage rolls when flanking 1/Day +5 Competence bonus to AC for 1 round to self and adjacent ally Temporary Effect: Toughen Construct for +5 Natural Armor.
Thorn
M Iron Defender Construct, Level 11, Init 3, HP 120/120, Speed 50 ft/Fly 20ft (Good)
AC 29, Touch 14, Flat-footed 26, Fort 6, Ref 13, Will 6, Base Attack Bonus 7
Bite +11 (1d6+2, x2)
MwK Chainshirt Barding (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Size, +11 Natural)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 17, Con -, Int 8, Wis 11, Cha 7
Condition Construct Traits, Darkvision 60ft, low-light vision, Evasion, 20% Concealment, Aid for +4, +2 to personal and ally damage rolls when flanking
1/Day +5 Competence bonus to AC for 1 round to self and adjacent ally
Temporary Effect: Toughen Construct for +5 Natural Armor.
[URL=/sheets/?id=1624684][B][SIZE=+1]Gaius [/SIZE][/B][/URL] Male Persona Neutral Force Golem Construct, [B]Level[/B] 10, [B]Init[/B] 7, [B]HP[/B] 130/130, [B]DR[/B] DR5/Adamantine Sonic/10, [B]Speed[/B] 30 ft [B]AC[/B] 28, [B]Touch[/B] 16, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 25, [B]Fort[/B] 5, [B]Ref[/B] 11, [B]Will[/B] 5, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 7 [B] Slam x2 [/B] 10/+10 (2d6+5/2d6+5, x2) [B] +1 Large Chainshirt[/B] (+5 Armor, +3 Dex, -1 Size, +4 Deflect, +7 Natural) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 19, Dex 17, Con -, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14 [B]Condition[/B] Darkvision 60 ft, low-light vision Construct Traits Immunity to Magic ( Except Force Effects ) Force Vulnerability: Takes an extra 50% damage from Force effects Temporary Effect: Toughen Construct for +5 Natural Armor. [spoiler=Special Attacks:] Force Burst (Su) - Every 3 rounds the force golem can create a 30ft radius burst and creatures in that radius take 2d6 points of damage and are knocked prone, a DC14 reflex save halves damage and allows the target to remain standing. Force golems are immune to this ability, Cha based save DC. Force Reactive (Su) - When an opponent misses a melee attack against a force golem, as an immediate action the opponent is pushed 5ft in an empty square of the force golem's choice. Does not provoke attacks of opportunity, and cannot be resisted. Pulse (Sp) - A ranged touch attack against a corporeal opponent with 60ft, if it hits the force golem and target make opposed strength checks, if the force golem wins it can push the opponent in a straight line 10ft in any direction away from the golem and falls prone. Causes 1d6 damage if the opponent hits an obstacle. Treated as a bull rush. [/spoiler]
Gaius
Male Persona Neutral Force Golem Construct, Level 10, Init 7, HP 130/130, DR DR5/Adamantine Sonic/10, Speed 30 ft
AC 28, Touch 16, Flat-footed 25, Fort 5, Ref 11, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus 7
Slam x2 10/+10 (2d6+5/2d6+5, x2)
+1 Large Chainshirt (+5 Armor, +3 Dex, -1 Size, +4 Deflect, +7 Natural)
Abilities Str 19, Dex 17, Con -, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14
Condition Darkvision 60 ft, low-light vision
Construct Traits
Immunity to Magic ( Except Force Effects )
Force Vulnerability: Takes an extra 50% damage from Force effects
Temporary Effect: Toughen Construct for +5 Natural Armor.

Special Attacks:

Force Burst (Su) - Every 3 rounds the force golem can create a 30ft radius burst and creatures in that radius take 2d6 points of damage and are knocked prone, a DC14 reflex save halves damage and allows the target to remain standing. Force golems are immune to this ability, Cha based save DC.
Force Reactive (Su) - When an opponent misses a melee attack against a force golem, as an immediate action the opponent is pushed 5ft in an empty square of the force golem's choice. Does not provoke attacks of opportunity, and cannot be resisted.
Pulse (Sp) - A ranged touch attack against a corporeal opponent with 60ft, if it hits the force golem and target make opposed strength checks, if the force golem wins it can push the opponent in a straight line 10ft in any direction away from the golem and falls prone. Causes 1d6 damage if the opponent hits an obstacle. Treated as a bull rush.

Name
Thorn's Aid Attack for +4 to Gaius' first attack
1d20+11 13
Gaius Non-Lethal Slam (not including Aid)
7; 12
1d20+6; 2d6+7 [1]; [1,4,1]
Gaius Lethal Slam
17; 16
1d20+10; 2d6+7 [7]; [7,5,4]