The Scythe and the Forge: Smuggler's Run

Blue Jay

OOC:Prep

The party has set up and cast their spells for the showdown with whatever thralls are coming.

@rogueblade0729, Gift of Grace is an Exalted feat that grants an untyped bonus, so it stacks with conviction.

@paladinred, please tell me where you'd like Naomi on the map.

@Delia2531, yes you can heal Tanu, but it does take a standard action, so it will delay your arrival by 1 round (so you'll be able to act on round 3).

Everybody, roll Initiative!

NPC Initiatives

Gitcha

Experts

Spellcasters

Warriors

Other

Map

Hide this

Initiative and Status

10 - Naomi

Name
Gitcha
1d20+2 7
Experts
1d20+4 12
Spellcasters
1d20+2 2
Warriors
1d20 6
Other
1d20+1 16

Jarren Grayson, the Nightshade

image.jpeg.7ee722c41543eea6cfe96701d4f48ece.jpeg

From the shadow of the forest, Jarren silently watched the thralls approach, locking on to Gitcha. He studied him from afar, looking for weaknesses in his carapace he could exploit.

Mechanics & OOC

Statblock

Jarren Grayson, the Nightshade
Male NG Dark Human LA 1/Rogue 5/Avenger 7 || Urban Ranger 3/Fighter 4/Swashbuckler 2/Urban Ranger +3/Barbarian 1, Level 13, Init 7, HP 83+26/131+26, DR 1/- (7/10), Speed 60ft
AC 23+4, Touch 16, Flat-footed 18+4, Fort 11+7, Ref 16+7, Will 6+7, Base Attack Bonus +13/+8/+3
Lesser Cold Assault Rogue Blade +19/+14/+9 (1d8+1+1d6 Cold, 19-20/x2)
+1 Light Swordbow (x40 Arrows) +19/+14/+9 (1d6+1 [Bow] | 1d8+1 [Rapier], x3 [Bow] | 18-20/x2 [Rapier])
+2 Short Sword +20/+15/+10 (1d6+2, 19-20/x2)
+3 Least Iron Ward Mithral Chain Shirt (+7 Armor, +6 Dex)
Abilities Str 11, Dex 21, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 11, Cha 15
Condition

Dark Subtype

• Resistance: Cold 10
  • Hide in Plain Sight (Ex)

Rogue/Avenger

• Sneak Attack (+7d6+13)
  • Trap Sense (Ex) +1
  • Trapfinding
  • (Improved) Uncanny Dodge (Ex)
  • Evasion (Ex)
  • Poison Use
  • +3 to Saves vs Poison
  • Death Attack (DC 21)

Urban Ranger

• Favored Enemy (Human +4) (Gnoll +2) (Ex)
  • Urban Tracking
  • Wild Empathy (Ex) (1d20+3)
  • Combat Style (Two-Weapon) (Ex)
  • Improved Combat Style (Two-Weapon) (Ex)

Swashbuckler

• Weapon Finesse (Ex)
  • Grace (Ex) (+1)

Barbarian

• Ferocity (Ex) [0/1]x/day
  • Lion Totem

Shadows of Virtue

• Rank 30 (Nightshade)
  • Hire for Lesser Action
  • Hire for Greater Action
  • Nimble Charge
  • Nimble Stand
  • Dimension Door [0/1]x/day
  • Opportunist (Ex)

Magic Items

• Rogue Blade [2/2]x/day
  • Belt of Battle [3/3] charges
  • Rod of Ropes
  • Corsair's Eyepatch
  • Bracers of Murder
  • Cloak of the Bat
  • Necklace of Vine Strike [3/3]x/day
  • Anklet of Translocation
  • Ring of the Darkhidden
  • Shiftweave
  • Handy Haversack 

Active Effects: Nondetection (7 hours), Gift of Grace (until end of day); Conviction (130 minutes); Bear's Endurance (13 minutes); Freedom of Movement (70 minutes); Shield (1 minute)

Notes on Sneaking

Before crossing the portal, Jarren cast nondetection on himself, meaning anyone who attempts a divination spell like locate object, clairaudience / clairvoyance, and detect spells are blocked, unless the caster makes a DC 22 caster level check (15 + Jarren's caster level) to pierce the veil.

When sneaking, Jarren will move at half his normal movement speed to avoid penalties to Move Silently, meaning he can cross 30ft per move action. Recall the rules about invisibility, which involve distances and other factors at play.

Several things to note about his sneaking:

1. Jarren's got stupid high Hide and Move Silently checks, which are rolled below. I actually noticed an error a little while ago where I added several overlapping bonuses to his Hide check, so it's not +40-ish anymore, and should now be correct.
  2. Jarren has the Darkstalker feat, meaning creatures with blindsense, blindsight, scent, or tremorsense have to roll Spot to notice him.
  3. Jarren has the Dark template, meaning he has Hide in Plain Sight. He can use the Hide skill even while being observed (except in natural daylight, the area of a daylight spell, or a similar effect).
  4. Jarren has the Ring of Darkhidden, meaning he is considered invisible to darkvision. He must have some light cast on him in order for creatures with low-light or normal vision to possibly see him.

OOC: On Jarren's turn, he will do nothing but study Gitcha as a full-round action, 1/3 for Death Attack.

Name
Initiative
1d20+7 20

jsMLpMl.jpg

Race Anthropomorphic Tiger

Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=831832

Name Naomi

Class/Level Anthropomorphic Tiger 3/ Monk 11// Favoured Soul 14

Ongoing Effects: Shield of Faith (+4) AC 35, Divine Favour (+5) Attack, Bulls Str (+4, +2 Attack and Damage)

Naomi stands next to Terry and sends some divine fire at the thralls (DC 21 Reflex for 1/2).

Round 1: Shield of Faith (+4 Deflection)

Round 2: Divine Favour (+5 to Attack)

Round 3: Spiritual Weapon (Shaped like a claw, +15 1d8+4)

Name
Initiative
1d20+5 4
Flame Strike
14d6 2,1,1,3,3,2,2,3,3,5,4,2,6,3

OOC: Tanu at AS28 (S of Gaius) , Cufwell at AR33 bow in hand.

Initiative

Cufwell will delay until he can see someone; his bow has a range increment of 110' so he'll loose a FRA of arrows (4) as soon as someone comes within 330' (-4 on the attack).

Edited by Delia2531 (see edit history)
Name
Initiative
1d20+10 16

Terry turns his head slightly to get a better view of those approaching, but otherwise makes no move to slow their approach.

They were coming to him, after all.

Crunch

At lvl 16 Terry grew his final time, he's Colossal now, 30x30.

Defensively nothing really new, lost some AC overall in the leveling. Gained Counter, unsure if I'm going to actually use it.

Earthquake is significantly less like to be used, given how indiscriminate it is, and the risk of a TK.

Probably get some use out of Trample.

His sheet is up to date, just not the character thread/statblock. I'm probably going to rebuild that again on monday, weekend is super busy for me.

Edit: sheet. again. Work already.

Edited by Sylas (see edit history)
Name
initiative
1d20+2 16

OOC: Start

@Delia2531, reminder that Cufwell is not on the map yet: he's still running in from the marketplace, and the thralls had a bit of a head start on you. You're fast enough that you'd catch up quickly, so I was going to place you at the bottom of the map on Round 2. But you delayed a bit to heal Tanu, so your arrival has been pushed back to Round 3.

Jarren and Terry

Jarren finds a place to watch Gitcha. As the thralls arrive, the party can count 10 of them, including Gitcha, but not including Skallaburljalf.

Terry blocks the entrance and prepares for his enemies to come to him.

Demiplane

As the party prepares to make their stand, you all watch as the sky suddenly turns a troubling shade of dark red, casting the landscape in an eerie, reddish tint. A massive, dark cloud suddenly grows out of nowhere and blankets the entire area. Deafening thunder roars violently around you (all the PCs are deafened, Fort DC 25 negates):

Deafening Duration x10 minutes

Terry and Naomi also watch as a nearby evergreen tree uproots itself and begins lumbering towards them.

((These are environmental effects that the Barkeeper can create, since the Tavern Demiplane is divinely morphic. Good luck!))

Enthralled Experts

As the thralls arrive on the south side of the map, three roguish individuals break from the group and rush to find hiding spots. They seem to be moving supernaturally quick (the effect of a haste spell).

Naomi

(( @paladinred, given the changes in the tactical situation since you declared your action, do you still want to cast flame strike. If so, where do you want to place it? ))

Map

SaFMap05-WeirdCave.png.7ff873986861e2b0cfdff08aa9f21ec8.png

Initiative and Status

27 - Jarren

26 - Cufwell (arrives on Rd 3)

18 - Terry

17 - Demiplane

16 - Experts

10 - Naomi

9 - Gitcha

6 - Warriors

4 - Spellcasters

3 - Oswald

To Post: Naomi

Special Actions: --

Name
Deafening Duration
1d4 2

OOC: Apologies, I misunderstood; in that case Cufwell is chasing hard to catch up, axes in hand! Tanu will arrive under her own steam with Cufwell having put her on the ground a round before he arrives.

3 charges of the healing belt pumped in to Tanu:

Healing Belt x3

10HP from 4d8, WTAF RNG!

Edited by Delia2531 (see edit history)
Name
Healing Belt x3
4d8 2,3,1,4

Oswald attempts to continue his work unimpeded but his significant magical defenses fail to protect him from the divine attack. (( OOC: Seriously, +22 save against a DC 25 effect and I roll a 1. ))

Fort Save +4 Tyche's Touch

Oswald's Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=710485][B][SIZE=+1]Oswald Magismith[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Male Lawful Good Midgard Dwarf Outsider (Native) Artificer13|Midgard5/Archivist8, [B]Level[/B] 13, [B]Init[/B] 1, [B]HP[/B] 124/124, [B]DR[/B] [B]SR 23[/B], [B]Speed[/B] 30 ft [B]AC[/B] 32, [B]Touch[/B] 16, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 31, [B]Fort[/B] 18, [B]Ref[/B] 11, [B]Will[/B] 16, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] +11/+6/+1 [B]Morphing +1 Small Adamantine Dwarven Waraxe [/B] +15/+10/+5 (1d8+2, x3) [B] Small Dwarvencraft Mithral Full Plate +3[/B], [B] Small Dwarvencraft Mithral Heavy Shield +3[/B] (+11 Armor, +5 Shield, +1 Dex, +1 Size, +4 Deflect) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 15, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 25, Wis 11, Cha 16 [B]Condition[/B] [spoiler=Spells and Infusions] Archivist Spells Prepared: 0 - Read Magic, Resistance, Mending, Purify Food and Drink 1st -[strike] Longstrider[/strike], Identify, Divine Favor, Resurgence, Hide from Undead, Protection from Evil, Lesser Restoration 2nd -[strike] Tyche's Touch[/strike], Lore of the Gods, Mass Snake's Swiftness, Mass Snake's Swiftness, See Invisibility, Augury 3rd - [strike]Mass Conviction[/strike], Mass Conviction, Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Magic Circle Against Evil, Mass Resist Energy 4th - Death Ward, Restoration, Recitation, Freedom of Movement Infusions: 1st level 4/6, 2nd level 3/6, 3rd level 5/5, 4th level 4/4, 5th level 2/3 [/spoiler] [spoiler=Default Active Spells] Longstrider: +10 land speed Tyche's Touch (Protection): 3/4 [/spoiler] [spoiler=Special] 20% Miss Chance against Oswald via Minor Displacement effect +1 bonus to all saving throws against spells and SLAs +4 bonus to throws against enchantment spells and effects Greater Crystal of Lifekeeping: +5 competence bonus against energy drain, inflict spells, death effects, and death spells. 1/day reroll on failed save as a mental immediate action. Dark Knowledge 5/5 Bestow Curse SLA 3/3 ( Save DC 18, CL 10 ) [/spoiler] [spoiler=Adventuring Gear] [ooc=Tome of Worldly Memory]3/day +5 on a Knowledge check (takes 1 min, but if you have 5+ ranks in the Knowledge skill, it only takes a standard action)[/ooc] [ooc=Cloak of Minor Displacement and Resistance +3] +20 Miss Chance via the Displacement effect.[/ooc] [ooc=Ring of Master Artifice, Lesser] When worn for at least 24 hours, grants an extra 1st and 2nd level Infusion slot.[/ooc] [i]Ring of Protection +4[/i] [ooc=Stone of Luck] Gives a +1 Luck bonus to saving throws, ability checks, and skill checks.[/ooc] [i]Belt of the Adamantine Dwarf[/i] +2STR/+2CON [spoiler=Mithral Crown of UMD +5, Intelligence +4]+5 competence bonus to UMD.[/spoiler] [i]Boots of Dexterity +2[/i] [i]Everfull Mug[/i] x2, [i]Everlasting Rations[/i], [i]Field Provisions Box[/i], [i]Magic Bedroll[/i] [spoiler=Carried MW Tools] K. Arcana, K. Religion, K. Dungeoneering, K. The Planes, K. Nature, K. Local, Spellcraft, Decipher Script, Thieves Tools [/spoiler] [I]Wand of Repair Light Damage 50/50[/I], [spoiler=Augment Crystals] Restful Crystal( Armor ): Silver clasp with star shaped crystals. Allows the wearer to sleep in armor without issue. [Equipped]Crystal of Lifekeeping, Greater( Armor ): Bright, gleaming crystal. +5 Competence bonus against energy drain, inflict spells, death effects, and death spells. 1/day reroll on failed save as a mental immediate action. Crystal of Adaptation, Greater( Armor ): Bright green circular crystal. [i]Endure Elements[/i] effect, immunity against alignment and positive and negate planar effects. Crystal of Bent Sight( Shield ): small crystal on a plate of silver. Can avert eyes from a glance attack without miss chance. Truedeath, Lesser( Weapon ): Amethyst skull. +1d6 damage to undead. [/spoiler] [/spoiler]
Oswald Magismith
Male Lawful Good Midgard Dwarf Outsider (Native) Artificer13|Midgard5/Archivist8, Level 13, Init 1, HP 124/124, DR SR 23, Speed 30 ft
AC 32, Touch 16, Flat-footed 31, Fort 18, Ref 11, Will 16, Base Attack Bonus +11/+6/+1
Morphing +1 Small Adamantine Dwarven Waraxe +15/+10/+5 (1d8+2, x3)
Small Dwarvencraft Mithral Full Plate +3, Small Dwarvencraft Mithral Heavy Shield +3 (+11 Armor, +5 Shield, +1 Dex, +1 Size, +4 Deflect)
Abilities Str 15, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 25, Wis 11, Cha 16
Condition

Spells and Infusions

Archivist Spells Prepared:
0 - Read Magic, Resistance, Mending, Purify Food and Drink
1st - Longstrider, Identify, Divine Favor, Resurgence, Hide from Undead, Protection from Evil, Lesser Restoration
2nd - Tyche's Touch, Lore of the Gods, Mass Snake's Swiftness, Mass Snake's Swiftness, See Invisibility, Augury
3rd - Mass Conviction, Mass Conviction, Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Magic Circle Against Evil, Mass Resist Energy
4th - Death Ward, Restoration, Recitation, Freedom of Movement

Infusions:
1st level 4/6, 2nd level 3/6, 3rd level 5/5, 4th level 4/4, 5th level 2/3

Default Active Spells

Longstrider: +10 land speed
Tyche's Touch (Protection): 3/4

Special

20% Miss Chance against Oswald via Minor Displacement effect
+1 bonus to all saving throws against spells and SLAs
+4 bonus to throws against enchantment spells and effects
Greater Crystal of Lifekeeping: +5 competence bonus against energy drain, inflict spells, death effects, and death spells. 1/day reroll on failed save as a mental immediate action.
Dark Knowledge 5/5
Bestow Curse SLA 3/3 ( Save DC 18, CL 10 )

Adventuring Gear

Tome of Worldly Memory3/day +5 on a Knowledge check (takes 1 min, but if you have 5+ ranks in the Knowledge skill, it only takes a standard action)
Cloak of Minor Displacement and Resistance +3 +20 Miss Chance via the Displacement effect.
Ring of Master Artifice, Lesser When worn for at least 24 hours, grants an extra 1st and 2nd level Infusion slot.
Ring of Protection +4
Stone of Luck Gives a +1 Luck bonus to saving throws, ability checks, and skill checks.
Belt of the Adamantine Dwarf +2STR/+2CON

Mithral Crown of UMD +5, Intelligence +4

+5 competence bonus to UMD.

Boots of Dexterity +2
Everfull Mug x2, Everlasting Rations, Field Provisions Box, Magic Bedroll

Carried MW Tools

K. Arcana, K. Religion, K. Dungeoneering, K. The Planes, K. Nature, K. Local, Spellcraft, Decipher Script, Thieves Tools

Wand of Repair Light Damage 50/50,

Augment Crystals

Restful Crystal( Armor ): Silver clasp with star shaped crystals. Allows the wearer to sleep in armor without issue.
[Equipped]Crystal of Lifekeeping, Greater( Armor ): Bright, gleaming crystal. +5 Competence bonus against energy drain, inflict spells, death effects, and death spells. 1/day reroll on failed save as a mental immediate action.
Crystal of Adaptation, Greater( Armor ): Bright green circular crystal. Endure Elements effect, immunity against alignment and positive and negate planar effects.
Crystal of Bent Sight( Shield ): small crystal on a plate of silver. Can avert eyes from a glance attack without miss chance.
Truedeath, Lesser( Weapon ): Amethyst skull. +1d6 damage to undead.

Thorn and Gaius are immune to the effects of the thunderous roar as constructs.

Thorn's and Gaius' Statblocks

[URL=/sheets/?id=1012795][B][SIZE=+1]Thorn[/SIZE][/B][/URL] M Iron Defender Construct, [B]Level[/B] 11, [B]Init[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 120/120, [B]Speed[/B] 50 ft/Fly 20ft (Good) [B]AC[/B] 29, [B]Touch[/B] 14, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 26, [B]Fort[/B] 6, [B]Ref[/B] 13, [B]Will[/B] 6, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 7 [B] Bite [/B] +11 (1d6+2, x2) [B] MwK Chainshirt Barding[/B] (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Size, +11 Natural) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 14, Dex 17, Con -, Int 8, Wis 11, Cha 7 [B]Condition[/B] Construct Traits, Darkvision 60ft, low-light vision, Evasion, 20% Concealment, Aid for +4, +2 to personal and ally damage rolls when flanking 1/Day +5 Competence bonus to AC for 1 round to self and adjacent ally Temporary Effect: Toughen Construct for +5 Natural Armor.
Thorn
M Iron Defender Construct, Level 11, Init 3, HP 120/120, Speed 50 ft/Fly 20ft (Good)
AC 29, Touch 14, Flat-footed 26, Fort 6, Ref 13, Will 6, Base Attack Bonus 7
Bite +11 (1d6+2, x2)
MwK Chainshirt Barding (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Size, +11 Natural)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 17, Con -, Int 8, Wis 11, Cha 7
Condition Construct Traits, Darkvision 60ft, low-light vision, Evasion, 20% Concealment, Aid for +4, +2 to personal and ally damage rolls when flanking
1/Day +5 Competence bonus to AC for 1 round to self and adjacent ally
Temporary Effect: Toughen Construct for +5 Natural Armor.
[URL=/sheets/?id=1624684][B][SIZE=+1]Gaius [/SIZE][/B][/URL] Male Persona Neutral Force Golem Construct, [B]Level[/B] 10, [B]Init[/B] 7, [B]HP[/B] 130/130, [B]DR[/B] DR5/Adamantine Sonic/10, [B]Speed[/B] 30 ft [B]AC[/B] 28, [B]Touch[/B] 16, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 25, [B]Fort[/B] 5, [B]Ref[/B] 11, [B]Will[/B] 5, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 7 [B] Slam x2 [/B] 10/+10 (2d6+5/2d6+5, x2) [B] +1 Large Chainshirt[/B] (+5 Armor, +3 Dex, -1 Size, +4 Deflect, +7 Natural) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 19, Dex 17, Con -, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14 [B]Condition[/B] Darkvision 60 ft, low-light vision Construct Traits Immunity to Magic ( Except Force Effects ) Force Vulnerability: Takes an extra 50% damage from Force effects Temporary Effect: Toughen Construct for +5 Natural Armor. [spoiler=Special Attacks:] Force Burst (Su) - Every 3 rounds the force golem can create a 30ft radius burst and creatures in that radius take 2d6 points of damage and are knocked prone, a DC14 reflex save halves damage and allows the target to remain standing. Force golems are immune to this ability, Cha based save DC. Force Reactive (Su) - When an opponent misses a melee attack against a force golem, as an immediate action the opponent is pushed 5ft in an empty square of the force golem's choice. Does not provoke attacks of opportunity, and cannot be resisted. Pulse (Sp) - A ranged touch attack against a corporeal opponent with 60ft, if it hits the force golem and target make opposed strength checks, if the force golem wins it can push the opponent in a straight line 10ft in any direction away from the golem and falls prone. Causes 1d6 damage if the opponent hits an obstacle. Treated as a bull rush. [/spoiler]
Gaius
Male Persona Neutral Force Golem Construct, Level 10, Init 7, HP 130/130, DR DR5/Adamantine Sonic/10, Speed 30 ft
AC 28, Touch 16, Flat-footed 25, Fort 5, Ref 11, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus 7
Slam x2 10/+10 (2d6+5/2d6+5, x2)
+1 Large Chainshirt (+5 Armor, +3 Dex, -1 Size, +4 Deflect, +7 Natural)
Abilities Str 19, Dex 17, Con -, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14
Condition Darkvision 60 ft, low-light vision
Construct Traits
Immunity to Magic ( Except Force Effects )
Force Vulnerability: Takes an extra 50% damage from Force effects
Temporary Effect: Toughen Construct for +5 Natural Armor.

Special Attacks:

Force Burst (Su) - Every 3 rounds the force golem can create a 30ft radius burst and creatures in that radius take 2d6 points of damage and are knocked prone, a DC14 reflex save halves damage and allows the target to remain standing. Force golems are immune to this ability, Cha based save DC.
Force Reactive (Su) - When an opponent misses a melee attack against a force golem, as an immediate action the opponent is pushed 5ft in an empty square of the force golem's choice. Does not provoke attacks of opportunity, and cannot be resisted.
Pulse (Sp) - A ranged touch attack against a corporeal opponent with 60ft, if it hits the force golem and target make opposed strength checks, if the force golem wins it can push the opponent in a straight line 10ft in any direction away from the golem and falls prone. Causes 1d6 damage if the opponent hits an obstacle. Treated as a bull rush.

Edited by DragonFriend (see edit history)
Name
Fort Save +4 Tyche's Touch
1d20+22 1

Deafening Sound

(( OOC: @DragonFriend, Oswald doesn't have to roll: being inside the cave is enough to prevent deafening. @Sylas, the thralls do not seem to be affected by the magic. Apparently, the Barkeeper is protecting them somehow.))

The loud sound assaults your ears, but each of you clinches your teeth and bares it. Only Tanu's sensitive ears seem to be affected.

Naomi

Naomi's divine flame strikes down on the giant tree.

Ref Save

...resolution pending...

Map

Initiative and Status

27 - Jarren

18 - Terry

17 - Demiplane

16 - Experts

10 - Naomi

9 - Gitcha

6 - Warriors

4 - Spellcasters

3 - Oswald

To Post: Naomi

Special Actions: --

Name
Ref Save
1d20+7 4

((Once again, I can't make any edits, so I'm posting again.))

NPCs

Gitcha leaps into the air, covering a great distance before hitting the ground running.

Sudden Leap

With the haste effect on him, he is easily able to reach Gaius, and lays into the construct with his kukris:

Primary Kukri (Atk,Atk)

Off-Hand Kukris (Atk,Atk,Atk)

((Try Again))

Primary Kukri Attacks

Off-Hand Kukri Attacks

((And Again...))

Off-Hand Kukri Attacks

((2 Hits with the Off-Hand))

Damage

((8 and 8 damage, non-adamantine))

Gitcha seems a bit disconcerted and annoyed by the constructs, and begins looking past them.

The three warriors rush forwards after Gitcha.

The three spellcasters chatter amongst themselves for a moment before hurling spells. One of them tosses a fireball at Terry and Naomi:

Fireball (Ref DC 18 halves)

CL vs Terry's SR

The other two seem to pull some freezing rain out of the storm clouds above, covering the constructs, and Terry and Naomi with sleet storms.

((You can only move at half speed through the area of a sleet storm, and only if you succeed on a DC 10 Balance check (if you fail by 5 or more, you fall). All vision in the area is blocked.))

Inside the Grotto

Oswald can hear the sounds of battle commencing outside, but it's somewhat dulled by the earth around him. Ukumalei floats in the center of her lava pool, concentrating on channeling divine power into Oswald.

((You'll need to make your UMD checks before you can start crafting. Here is what you have left to do:

• A DC 38 Use Magic Device check (as a free action) to emulate the scythe's CL requirement (it's a +4 vorpal ghost touch scythe)
  • A DC 35 Use Magic Device check (as a free action) to emulate casting trap the soul at CL 15th
  • 3 DC 40 Craft (weaponsmithing) checks (each is a full-round action). You must make the 3 checks consecutively: a failed check means you'll have to start over from 0.))

Map

SaFMap05-WeirdCave.png.d9f92c1fcd4b8f4b38b5a41a521de96e.png

Initiative and Status

27 - Jarren

18 - Terry

17 - Demiplane

16 - Experts

10 - Naomi

9 - Gitcha

6 - Warriors

4 - Spellcasters