The Scythe and the Forge: Smuggler's Run

Blue Jay

Oswald Magismith, The Magical Artisan

Three beings step into the grotto of Lady Ukumalei. In the front, a short, older dwarf in shining mythral plate armor with his head adorned by a mythral crown, flanked by his two ever present companions. Thorn, the winged dog-like iron defender who has been by Oswald's side nearly his entire adventuring career, a trail of smoke bellowing from his metal maw, and Gaius, a more recent construction who Oswald crafted from a manual found during an adventure, an eight foot tall amalgamation of twisted and melted blue-green metal.

WingedIronDefender.png.e47fb1c6e19e417731e1a569a821c2c4.pngweapon_smith_by_omuk.jpg.fded80707b8543b0eb575b829f16e346.jpgForceGolem.jpg.8f4a45c231a66065ee259fa7a9db724c.jpg

Oswald pulls his axe from its place on his belt, holding it vertically in front of him, and in seconds it morphs from an axe into an oversized smith's hammer. "Oswald Magismith heeding the call of Lady Ukumalei. It is good to see you again, and it would be my honor to assist you and my friends once again. Today I will wield not a axe to strike down foes, but a smith's hammer to restore an artifact and peace to the Realms Folded Tavern. The Forge of Xhosfar will have a smith once again." Oswald and company proceed into the magma grotto that serves as the home of both Lady Ukumalei and the Forge of Xhosfar. "Thorn, stay by the entrance and watch for Jarren Grayson or anyone else who approaches. Gaius, lend me your strength and assistance in firing up the Forge. We all have work to do."

OOC and Statblocks

Statblocks

[URL=/sheets/?id=710485][B][SIZE=+1]Oswald Magismith[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Male Lawful Good Midgard Dwarf Outsider ( Native ) Artificer13|Midgard5/Archivist8, [B]Level[/B] 13, [B]Init[/B] 1, [B]HP[/B] 124/124, [B]DR[/B] [B]SR 23[/B], [B]Speed[/B] 30 ft [B]AC[/B] 32, [B]Touch[/B] 16, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 31, [B]Fort[/B] 15, [B]Ref[/B] 8, [B]Will[/B] 13, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] +11/+6/+1 [B]Morphing +1 Small Adamantine Dwarven Waraxe [/B] +15/+10/+5 (1d8+2, x3) [B] Small Dwarvencraft Mithral Full Plate +3[/B], [B] Small Dwarvencraft Mithral Heavy Shield +3[/B] (+11 Armor, +5 Shield, +1 Dex, +1 Size, +4 Deflect) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 15, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 25, Wis 11, Cha 16 [B]Condition[/B] [spoiler=Spells and Infusions] Archivist Spells Prepared: 0 - Read Magic, Resistance, Mending, Purify Food and Drink 1st -[strike] Longstrider[/strike], Identify, Divine Favor, Resurgence, Hide from Undead, Protection from Evil, Lesser Restoration 2nd -[strike] Tyche's Touch[/strike], Lore of the Gods, Mass Snake's Swiftness, Mass Snake's Swiftness, See Invisibility, Augury 3rd - Mass Conviction, Mass Conviction, Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Magic Circle Against Evil, Mass Resist Energy 4th - Death Ward, Restoration, Recitation, Freedom of Movement Infusions: 1st level 6/6, 2nd level 4/6, 3rd level 5/5, 4th level 4/4, 5th level 3/3 [/spoiler] [spoiler=Default Active Spells] Longstrider: +10 land speed Tyche's Touch (Protection): 4/4 [/spoiler] [spoiler=Special] 20% Miss Chance against Oswald via Minor Displacement effect +1 bonus to all saving throws against spells and SLAs +4 bonus to throws against enchantment spells and effects Greater Crystal of Lifekeeping: +5 competence bonus against energy drain, inflict spells, death effects, and death spells. 1/day reroll on failed save as a mental immediate action. Dark Knowledge 5/5 Bestow Curse SLA 3/3 ( Save DC 18, CL 10 ) [/spoiler] [spoiler=Adventuring Gear] [ooc=Tome of Worldly Memory]3/day +5 on a Knowledge check (takes 1 min, but if you have 5+ ranks in the Knowledge skill, it only takes a standard action)[/ooc] [ooc=Cloak of Minor Displacement and Resistance +3] +20 Miss Chance via the Displacement effect.[/ooc] [ooc=Ring of Master Artifice, Lesser] When worn for at least 24 hours, grants an extra 1st and 2nd level Infusion slot.[/ooc] [i]Ring of Protection +4[/i] [ooc=Stone of Luck] Gives a +1 Luck bonus to saving throws, ability checks, and skill checks.[/ooc] [i]Belt of the Adamantine Dwarf[/i] +2STR/+2CON [spoiler=Mithral Crown of UMD +5, Intelligence +4]+5 competence bonus to UMD.[/spoiler] [i]Boots of Dexterity +2[/i] [i]Everfull Mug[/i] x2, [i]Everlasting Rations[/i], [i]Field Provisions Box[/i], [i]Magic Bedroll[/i] [spoiler=Carried MW Tools] K. Arcana, K. Religion, K. Dungeoneering, K. The Planes, K. Nature, K. Local, Spellcraft, Decipher Script, Thieves Tools [/spoiler] [I]Wand of Repair Light Damage 50/50[/I], [spoiler=Augment Crystals] Restful Crystal( Armor ): Silver clasp with star shaped crystals. Allows the wearer to sleep in armor without issue. [Equipped]Crystal of Lifekeeping, Greater( Armor ): Bright, gleaming crystal. +5 Competence bonus against energy drain, inflict spells, death effects, and death spells. 1/day reroll on failed save as a mental immediate action. Crystal of Adaptation, Greater( Armor ): Bright green circular crystal. [i]Endure Elements[/i] effect, immunity against alignment and positive and negate planar effects. Crystal of Bent Sight( Shield ): small crystal on a plate of silver. Can avert eyes from a glance attack without miss chance. Truedeath, Lesser( Weapon ): Amethyst skull. +1d6 damage to undead. [/spoiler] [/spoiler]
Oswald Magismith
Male Lawful Good Midgard Dwarf Outsider ( Native ) Artificer13|Midgard5/Archivist8, Level 13, Init 1, HP 124/124, DR SR 23, Speed 30 ft
AC 32, Touch 16, Flat-footed 31, Fort 15, Ref 8, Will 13, Base Attack Bonus +11/+6/+1
Morphing +1 Small Adamantine Dwarven Waraxe +15/+10/+5 (1d8+2, x3)
Small Dwarvencraft Mithral Full Plate +3, Small Dwarvencraft Mithral Heavy Shield +3 (+11 Armor, +5 Shield, +1 Dex, +1 Size, +4 Deflect)
Abilities Str 15, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 25, Wis 11, Cha 16
Condition

Spells and Infusions

Archivist Spells Prepared:
0 - Read Magic, Resistance, Mending, Purify Food and Drink
1st - Longstrider, Identify, Divine Favor, Resurgence, Hide from Undead, Protection from Evil, Lesser Restoration
2nd - Tyche's Touch, Lore of the Gods, Mass Snake's Swiftness, Mass Snake's Swiftness, See Invisibility, Augury
3rd - Mass Conviction, Mass Conviction, Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Magic Circle Against Evil, Mass Resist Energy
4th - Death Ward, Restoration, Recitation, Freedom of Movement

Infusions:
1st level 6/6, 2nd level 4/6, 3rd level 5/5, 4th level 4/4, 5th level 3/3

Default Active Spells

Longstrider: +10 land speed
Tyche's Touch (Protection): 4/4

Special

20% Miss Chance against Oswald via Minor Displacement effect
+1 bonus to all saving throws against spells and SLAs
+4 bonus to throws against enchantment spells and effects
Greater Crystal of Lifekeeping: +5 competence bonus against energy drain, inflict spells, death effects, and death spells. 1/day reroll on failed save as a mental immediate action.
Dark Knowledge 5/5
Bestow Curse SLA 3/3 ( Save DC 18, CL 10 )

Adventuring Gear

Tome of Worldly Memory3/day +5 on a Knowledge check (takes 1 min, but if you have 5+ ranks in the Knowledge skill, it only takes a standard action)
Cloak of Minor Displacement and Resistance +3 +20 Miss Chance via the Displacement effect.
Ring of Master Artifice, Lesser When worn for at least 24 hours, grants an extra 1st and 2nd level Infusion slot.
Ring of Protection +4
Stone of Luck Gives a +1 Luck bonus to saving throws, ability checks, and skill checks.
Belt of the Adamantine Dwarf +2STR/+2CON

Mithral Crown of UMD +5, Intelligence +4

+5 competence bonus to UMD.

Boots of Dexterity +2
Everfull Mug x2, Everlasting Rations, Field Provisions Box, Magic Bedroll

Carried MW Tools

K. Arcana, K. Religion, K. Dungeoneering, K. The Planes, K. Nature, K. Local, Spellcraft, Decipher Script, Thieves Tools

Wand of Repair Light Damage 50/50,

Augment Crystals

Restful Crystal( Armor ): Silver clasp with star shaped crystals. Allows the wearer to sleep in armor without issue.
[Equipped]Crystal of Lifekeeping, Greater( Armor ): Bright, gleaming crystal. +5 Competence bonus against energy drain, inflict spells, death effects, and death spells. 1/day reroll on failed save as a mental immediate action.
Crystal of Adaptation, Greater( Armor ): Bright green circular crystal. Endure Elements effect, immunity against alignment and positive and negate planar effects.
Crystal of Bent Sight( Shield ): small crystal on a plate of silver. Can avert eyes from a glance attack without miss chance.
Truedeath, Lesser( Weapon ): Amethyst skull. +1d6 damage to undead.

[URL=/sheets/?id=1012795][B][SIZE=+1]Thorn[/SIZE][/B][/URL] M Iron Defender Construct, [B]Level[/B] 11, [B]Init[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 120/120, [B]Speed[/B] 50 ft/Fly 20ft (Good) [B]AC[/B] 29, [B]Touch[/B] 14, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 26, [B]Fort[/B] 3, [B]Ref[/B] 10, [B]Will[/B] 3, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 7 [B] Bite [/B] +11 (1d6+2, x2) [B] MwK Chainshirt Barding[/B] (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Size, +11 Natural) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 14, Dex 17, Con -, Int 8, Wis 11, Cha 7 [B]Condition[/B] Construct Traits, Darkvision 60ft, low-light vision, Evasion, 20% Concealment, Aid for +4, +2 to personal and ally damage rolls when flanking 1/Day +5 Competence bonus to AC for 1 round to self and adjacent ally Temporary Effect: Toughen Construct for +5 Natural Armor.
Thorn
M Iron Defender Construct, Level 11, Init 3, HP 120/120, Speed 50 ft/Fly 20ft (Good)
AC 29, Touch 14, Flat-footed 26, Fort 3, Ref 10, Will 3, Base Attack Bonus 7
Bite +11 (1d6+2, x2)
MwK Chainshirt Barding (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Size, +11 Natural)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 17, Con -, Int 8, Wis 11, Cha 7
Condition Construct Traits, Darkvision 60ft, low-light vision, Evasion, 20% Concealment, Aid for +4, +2 to personal and ally damage rolls when flanking
1/Day +5 Competence bonus to AC for 1 round to self and adjacent ally
Temporary Effect: Toughen Construct for +5 Natural Armor.
[URL=/sheets/?id=1624684][B][SIZE=+1]Gaius [/SIZE][/B][/URL] Male Persona Neutral Force Golem Construct, [B]Level[/B] 10, [B]Init[/B] 7, [B]HP[/B] 130/130, [B]DR[/B] DR5/Adamantine Sonic/10, [B]Speed[/B] 30 ft [B]AC[/B] 28, [B]Touch[/B] 16, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 25, [B]Fort[/B] 5, [B]Ref[/B] 11, [B]Will[/B] 5, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 7 [B] Slam x2 [/B] +11/+11 (2d6+5/2d6+5, x2) [B] +1 Large Chainshirt[/B] (+5 Armor, +3 Dex, -1 Size, +4 Deflect, +7 Natural) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 20, Dex 17, Con -, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14 [B]Condition[/B] Darkvision 60 ft, low-light vision Construct Traits Immunity to Magic ( Except Force Effects ) Force Vulnerability: Takes an extra 50% damage from Force effects Temporary Effect: Toughen Construct for +5 Natural Armor. [spoiler=Special Attacks:] Force Burst (Su) - Every 3 rounds the force golem can create a 30ft radius burst and creatures in that radius take 2d6 points of damage and are knocked prone, a DC14 reflex save halves damage and allows the target to remain standing. Force golems are immune to this ability, Cha based save DC. Force Reactive (Su) - When an opponent misses a melee attack against a force golem, as an immediate action the opponent is pushed 5ft in an empty square of the force golem's choice. Does not provoke attacks of opportunity, and cannot be resisted. Pulse (Sp) - A ranged touch attack against a corporeal opponent with 60ft, if it hits the force golem and target make opposed strength checks, if the force golem wins it can push the opponent in a straight line 10ft in any direction away from the golem and falls prone. Causes 1d6 damage if the opponent hits an obstacle. Treated as a bull rush. [/spoiler]
Gaius
Male Persona Neutral Force Golem Construct, Level 10, Init 7, HP 130/130, DR DR5/Adamantine Sonic/10, Speed 30 ft
AC 28, Touch 16, Flat-footed 25, Fort 5, Ref 11, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus 7
Slam x2 +11/+11 (2d6+5/2d6+5, x2)
+1 Large Chainshirt (+5 Armor, +3 Dex, -1 Size, +4 Deflect, +7 Natural)
Abilities Str 20, Dex 17, Con -, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14
Condition Darkvision 60 ft, low-light vision
Construct Traits
Immunity to Magic ( Except Force Effects )
Force Vulnerability: Takes an extra 50% damage from Force effects

Special Attacks:

Force Burst (Su) - Every 3 rounds the force golem can create a 30ft radius burst and creatures in that radius take 2d6 points of damage and are knocked prone, a DC14 reflex save halves damage and allows the target to remain standing. Force golems are immune to this ability, Cha based save DC.
Force Reactive (Su) - When an opponent misses a melee attack against a force golem, as an immediate action the opponent is pushed 5ft in an empty square of the force golem's choice. Does not provoke attacks of opportunity, and cannot be resisted.
Pulse (Sp) - A ranged touch attack against a corporeal opponent with 60ft, if it hits the force golem and target make opposed strength checks, if the force golem wins it can push the opponent in a straight line 10ft in any direction away from the golem and falls prone. Causes 1d6 damage if the opponent hits an obstacle. Treated as a bull rush.

(( Sorry about that, I should have sat down quicker but had to take care of some IRL stuff and the site issue with the sheets throw me off. The post for the mission I am running was already pre-written so I posted it after I got Ensou's post. I am also a really slow writer in general lol I can post a reply, and my intent was to have Thorn and Gaius hold the line with you and whoever else shows up with their mind intact. It also occurs to me I didn't have Oswald prep any healing magic and I forgot to craft a Wand of Cure Light Wounds as part of my restock, I even have plenty of gold and XP left to craft them. Just forgot. Will have to fix that after this mission. ))

Edited by DragonFriend (see edit history)

IMG_7551.webp.9713902046aecce75d37d3533641b809.webp
Cufwell Greenskin

Seeing Tanu grab his missing axe Cufwell turns towards the forest and grotto and whistles for her to follow him. When she catches up, he takes the axe, slings both over his shoulders and picks her up; "Sorry old friend, but we need to make haste! and he sets off as fast as he can to catch up with Glitcha (and Jarren).

IMG_7550.webp.9b98a5e81a08acfb768da1d99949a723.webp
Tanu

Tanu releases the axe and allows herself to be picked up, letting the rushing wind from Cufwell's speed ruffle the hairs of her muzzle.

OOC: Cufwell will run 60/x5 for as long as it takes to get their or to catch up with Glitcha, whichever happens first.

OOC: Forging

Alright, I'm going to say that Oswald needs to make a series of skill checks to complete the artifact:

• A DC 38 Use Magic Device check to emulate the scythe's CL requirement (it's a +4 vorpal ghost touch scythe)
  • A DC 35 Use Magic Device check to emulate casting trap the soul at CL 15th
  • 3 DC 40 Craft (weaponsmithing) checks. You must make the 3 checks consecutively: a failed check means you'll have to start over from 0.

The UMD checks do not take an action; but if you fail one, you have to wait until the next round to try again. Since Ukumalei is inspiring you with semi-divine power, you can complete a single Craft check as a full-round action.

You're welcome to use any abilities you have that boost your checks, such as Aid Another from companions (provided the companions have at least 1 rank in the skill, or have some special ability to Aid Another in this situation). Ukumalei's attention is taken up by granting the divine power, so she won't be able to aid you.

OOC: Combat

Meanwhile, the other PCs will have to guard the Weird Cave from the waves of thralls who will try to assault the cave.

@JCBarnes, @paladinred, @Sylas, we can say that Rhiannon, Naomi and Terry have also arrived at the Weird Cave, using the backdoor through the Plane of Fire. And @Delia2531, I'm not sure it's a good idea to try to bring Reg into this while you're also playing Cufwell, but I feel like Reg would be hanging around here in some form, at least narratively, if not mechanically.

Jarren's stealth was successful enough that the thralls were at least a few rounds behind you. So, you'll have three rounds of prep (the other PCs can prep with you).

Cufwell will arrive on Round 2, so you won't have any prep time (though I'll let you delay your arrival by a round to try to slow the enemies in some way).

((Everyone who plans to participate, Roll Initiative!))

Map

((The Weird Cave is the black hole at the end of the path. For the background, lighter colors mean higher elevation, so the light green blob by the cave is a hill, and the dark green area on the west side is a valley or low point. Gray shapes are boulders: assume they are as tall as they are wide. Tree heights are about 150% of their widths, so ~15 ft, ~30 ft and ~40 ft are the typical heights depicted))

SaFMap05-WeirdCave.png.32970f2285beba4f74823fe076385f81.png

jsMLpMl.jpg

Race Anthropomorphic Tiger

Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=831832

Name Naomi

Class/Level Anthropomorphic Tiger 3/ Monk 11// Favoured Soul 14

Ongoing Effects: Shield of Faith (+4) AC 35, Divine Favour (+5) Attack, Bulls Str (+4, +2 Attack and Damage)

Naomi prepares to bolster her own defences as well as anyone else's if required, using her magic she casts the following spells.

Round 1: Shield of Faith (+4 Deflection)

Round 2: Divine Favour (+5 to Attack)

Round 3: Spiritual Weapon (Shaped like a claw, +15 1d8+4)

Name
Initiative
1d20+5 5

Oswald Magismith, The Magical Artisan

Oswald turns around as Jarren Grayson arrives right as he begins to move towards the forge. He puts his hammer back in his belt, and accepts the death scythe, shifting it to one hand for a moment. "Thank you for bringing this to me. Hopefully I can repair it quickly. But before you go, I can do something that might help." Oswald motions to his constructs to join them before continuing. "I am not prepared to heal your injuries at the moment, but I can offer some protection I think. Lower your mystic defenses if you have any, that goes for you as well Gaius." Oswald holds the spellshard that serves as his prayer book aloft for a moment, "Steel our resolve and conviction, and protect us from the abilities of those who stand against us." A blue light surrounds Oswald, his constructs, and Jarren. Oswald then touches Jarrens vest as best he can considering his height and Jarren should be able to feel a surge in vitality. "Nobody is dying today, not if I can help it. Thorn, Gaius, change of plans. Hold the line with Jarren and whomever may join in our defense. I must make my preparations for the reforging the scythe as quickly as possible. Be safe, everyone."

As Oswald watches his companions leave, he remarks to Ukumalei. "Sorry Lady Ukumalei. Going to do a bit of a renovation, I'll revert it later." With a muttering and a wave of his hand, the entrance of the grotto is sealed in stone. "That should buy me a few extra seconds. I hope." Oswald turns towards the Forge of Xhosfar and begins to ready his tools. Touching his crown and hammer on the way to the Forge, he infuses his tools with artisanal magics.

OOC and Mechanics

Statblocks

[URL=/sheets/?id=710485][B][SIZE=+1]Oswald Magismith[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Male Lawful Good Midgard Dwarf Outsider (Native) Artificer13|Midgard5/Archivist8, [B]Level[/B] 13, [B]Init[/B] 1, [B]HP[/B] 124/124, [B]DR[/B] [B]SR 23[/B], [B]Speed[/B] 30 ft [B]AC[/B] 32, [B]Touch[/B] 16, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 31, [B]Fort[/B] 18, [B]Ref[/B] 11, [B]Will[/B] 16, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] +11/+6/+1 [B]Morphing +1 Small Adamantine Dwarven Waraxe [/B] +15/+10/+5 (1d8+2, x3) [B] Small Dwarvencraft Mithral Full Plate +3[/B], [B] Small Dwarvencraft Mithral Heavy Shield +3[/B] (+11 Armor, +5 Shield, +1 Dex, +1 Size, +4 Deflect) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 15, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 25, Wis 11, Cha 16 [B]Condition[/B] [spoiler=Spells and Infusions] Archivist Spells Prepared: 0 - Read Magic, Resistance, Mending, Purify Food and Drink 1st -[strike] Longstrider[/strike], Identify, Divine Favor, Resurgence, Hide from Undead, Protection from Evil, Lesser Restoration 2nd -[strike] Tyche's Touch[/strike], Lore of the Gods, Mass Snake's Swiftness, Mass Snake's Swiftness, See Invisibility, Augury 3rd - [strike]Mass Conviction[/strike], Mass Conviction, Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Magic Circle Against Evil, Mass Resist Energy 4th - Death Ward, Restoration, Recitation, Freedom of Movement Infusions: 1st level 4/6, 2nd level 3/6, 3rd level 5/5, 4th level 4/4, 5th level 2/3 [/spoiler] [spoiler=Default Active Spells] Longstrider: +10 land speed Tyche's Touch (Protection): 4/4 [/spoiler] [spoiler=Special] 20% Miss Chance against Oswald via Minor Displacement effect +1 bonus to all saving throws against spells and SLAs +4 bonus to throws against enchantment spells and effects Greater Crystal of Lifekeeping: +5 competence bonus against energy drain, inflict spells, death effects, and death spells. 1/day reroll on failed save as a mental immediate action. Dark Knowledge 5/5 Bestow Curse SLA 3/3 ( Save DC 18, CL 10 ) [/spoiler] [spoiler=Adventuring Gear] [ooc=Tome of Worldly Memory]3/day +5 on a Knowledge check (takes 1 min, but if you have 5+ ranks in the Knowledge skill, it only takes a standard action)[/ooc] [ooc=Cloak of Minor Displacement and Resistance +3] +20 Miss Chance via the Displacement effect.[/ooc] [ooc=Ring of Master Artifice, Lesser] When worn for at least 24 hours, grants an extra 1st and 2nd level Infusion slot.[/ooc] [i]Ring of Protection +4[/i] [ooc=Stone of Luck] Gives a +1 Luck bonus to saving throws, ability checks, and skill checks.[/ooc] [i]Belt of the Adamantine Dwarf[/i] +2STR/+2CON [spoiler=Mithral Crown of UMD +5, Intelligence +4]+5 competence bonus to UMD.[/spoiler] [i]Boots of Dexterity +2[/i] [i]Everfull Mug[/i] x2, [i]Everlasting Rations[/i], [i]Field Provisions Box[/i], [i]Magic Bedroll[/i] [spoiler=Carried MW Tools] K. Arcana, K. Religion, K. Dungeoneering, K. The Planes, K. Nature, K. Local, Spellcraft, Decipher Script, Thieves Tools [/spoiler] [I]Wand of Repair Light Damage 50/50[/I], [spoiler=Augment Crystals] Restful Crystal( Armor ): Silver clasp with star shaped crystals. Allows the wearer to sleep in armor without issue. [Equipped]Crystal of Lifekeeping, Greater( Armor ): Bright, gleaming crystal. +5 Competence bonus against energy drain, inflict spells, death effects, and death spells. 1/day reroll on failed save as a mental immediate action. Crystal of Adaptation, Greater( Armor ): Bright green circular crystal. [i]Endure Elements[/i] effect, immunity against alignment and positive and negate planar effects. Crystal of Bent Sight( Shield ): small crystal on a plate of silver. Can avert eyes from a glance attack without miss chance. Truedeath, Lesser( Weapon ): Amethyst skull. +1d6 damage to undead. [/spoiler] [/spoiler]
Oswald Magismith
Male Lawful Good Midgard Dwarf Outsider (Native) Artificer13|Midgard5/Archivist8, Level 13, Init 1, HP 124/124, DR SR 23, Speed 30 ft
AC 32, Touch 16, Flat-footed 31, Fort 18, Ref 11, Will 16, Base Attack Bonus +11/+6/+1
Morphing +1 Small Adamantine Dwarven Waraxe +15/+10/+5 (1d8+2, x3)
Small Dwarvencraft Mithral Full Plate +3, Small Dwarvencraft Mithral Heavy Shield +3 (+11 Armor, +5 Shield, +1 Dex, +1 Size, +4 Deflect)
Abilities Str 15, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 25, Wis 11, Cha 16
Condition

Spells and Infusions

Archivist Spells Prepared:
0 - Read Magic, Resistance, Mending, Purify Food and Drink
1st - Longstrider, Identify, Divine Favor, Resurgence, Hide from Undead, Protection from Evil, Lesser Restoration
2nd - Tyche's Touch, Lore of the Gods, Mass Snake's Swiftness, Mass Snake's Swiftness, See Invisibility, Augury
3rd - Mass Conviction, Mass Conviction, Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Magic Circle Against Evil, Mass Resist Energy
4th - Death Ward, Restoration, Recitation, Freedom of Movement

Infusions:
1st level 4/6, 2nd level 3/6, 3rd level 5/5, 4th level 4/4, 5th level 2/3

Default Active Spells

Longstrider: +10 land speed
Tyche's Touch (Protection): 4/4

Special

20% Miss Chance against Oswald via Minor Displacement effect
+1 bonus to all saving throws against spells and SLAs
+4 bonus to throws against enchantment spells and effects
Greater Crystal of Lifekeeping: +5 competence bonus against energy drain, inflict spells, death effects, and death spells. 1/day reroll on failed save as a mental immediate action.
Dark Knowledge 5/5
Bestow Curse SLA 3/3 ( Save DC 18, CL 10 )

Adventuring Gear

Tome of Worldly Memory3/day +5 on a Knowledge check (takes 1 min, but if you have 5+ ranks in the Knowledge skill, it only takes a standard action)
Cloak of Minor Displacement and Resistance +3 +20 Miss Chance via the Displacement effect.
Ring of Master Artifice, Lesser When worn for at least 24 hours, grants an extra 1st and 2nd level Infusion slot.
Ring of Protection +4
Stone of Luck Gives a +1 Luck bonus to saving throws, ability checks, and skill checks.
Belt of the Adamantine Dwarf +2STR/+2CON

Mithral Crown of UMD +5, Intelligence +4

+5 competence bonus to UMD.

Boots of Dexterity +2
Everfull Mug x2, Everlasting Rations, Field Provisions Box, Magic Bedroll

Carried MW Tools

K. Arcana, K. Religion, K. Dungeoneering, K. The Planes, K. Nature, K. Local, Spellcraft, Decipher Script, Thieves Tools

Wand of Repair Light Damage 50/50,

Augment Crystals

Restful Crystal( Armor ): Silver clasp with star shaped crystals. Allows the wearer to sleep in armor without issue.
[Equipped]Crystal of Lifekeeping, Greater( Armor ): Bright, gleaming crystal. +5 Competence bonus against energy drain, inflict spells, death effects, and death spells. 1/day reroll on failed save as a mental immediate action.
Crystal of Adaptation, Greater( Armor ): Bright green circular crystal. Endure Elements effect, immunity against alignment and positive and negate planar effects.
Crystal of Bent Sight( Shield ): small crystal on a plate of silver. Can avert eyes from a glance attack without miss chance.
Truedeath, Lesser( Weapon ): Amethyst skull. +1d6 damage to undead.

[URL=/sheets/?id=1012795][B][SIZE=+1]Thorn[/SIZE][/B][/URL] M Iron Defender Construct, [B]Level[/B] 11, [B]Init[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 120/120, [B]Speed[/B] 50 ft/Fly 20ft (Good) [B]AC[/B] 29, [B]Touch[/B] 14, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 26, [B]Fort[/B] 6, [B]Ref[/B] 13, [B]Will[/B] 6, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 7 [B] Bite [/B] +11 (1d6+2, x2) [B] MwK Chainshirt Barding[/B] (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Size, +11 Natural) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 14, Dex 17, Con -, Int 8, Wis 11, Cha 7 [B]Condition[/B] Construct Traits, Darkvision 60ft, low-light vision, Evasion, 20% Concealment, Aid for +4, +2 to personal and ally damage rolls when flanking 1/Day +5 Competence bonus to AC for 1 round to self and adjacent ally Temporary Effect: Toughen Construct for +5 Natural Armor.
Thorn
M Iron Defender Construct, Level 11, Init 3, HP 120/120, Speed 50 ft/Fly 20ft (Good)
AC 29, Touch 14, Flat-footed 26, Fort 6, Ref 13, Will 6, Base Attack Bonus 7
Bite +11 (1d6+2, x2)
MwK Chainshirt Barding (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Size, +11 Natural)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 17, Con -, Int 8, Wis 11, Cha 7
Condition Construct Traits, Darkvision 60ft, low-light vision, Evasion, 20% Concealment, Aid for +4, +2 to personal and ally damage rolls when flanking
1/Day +5 Competence bonus to AC for 1 round to self and adjacent ally
[URL=/sheets/?id=1624684][B][SIZE=+1]Gaius [/SIZE][/B][/URL] Male Persona Neutral Force Golem Construct, [B]Level[/B] 10, [B]Init[/B] 7, [B]HP[/B] 130/130, [B]DR[/B] DR5/Adamantine Sonic/10, [B]Speed[/B] 30 ft [B]AC[/B] 28, [B]Touch[/B] 16, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 25, [B]Fort[/B] 5, [B]Ref[/B] 11, [B]Will[/B] 5, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 7 [B] Slam x2 [/B] 10/+10 (2d6+5/2d6+5, x2) [B] +1 Large Chainshirt[/B] (+5 Armor, +3 Dex, -1 Size, +4 Deflect, +7 Natural) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 19, Dex 17, Con -, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14 [B]Condition[/B] Darkvision 60 ft, low-light vision Construct Traits Immunity to Magic ( Except Force Effects ) Force Vulnerability: Takes an extra 50% damage from Force effects Temporary Effect: Toughen Construct for +5 Natural Armor. [spoiler=Special Attacks:] Force Burst (Su) - Every 3 rounds the force golem can create a 30ft radius burst and creatures in that radius take 2d6 points of damage and are knocked prone, a DC14 reflex save halves damage and allows the target to remain standing. Force golems are immune to this ability, Cha based save DC. Force Reactive (Su) - When an opponent misses a melee attack against a force golem, as an immediate action the opponent is pushed 5ft in an empty square of the force golem's choice. Does not provoke attacks of opportunity, and cannot be resisted. Pulse (Sp) - A ranged touch attack against a corporeal opponent with 60ft, if it hits the force golem and target make opposed strength checks, if the force golem wins it can push the opponent in a straight line 10ft in any direction away from the golem and falls prone. Causes 1d6 damage if the opponent hits an obstacle. Treated as a bull rush. [/spoiler]
Gaius
Male Persona Neutral Force Golem Construct, Level 10, Init 7, HP 130/130, DR DR5/Adamantine Sonic/10, Speed 30 ft
AC 28, Touch 16, Flat-footed 25, Fort 5, Ref 11, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus 7
Slam x2 10/+10 (2d6+5/2d6+5, x2)
+1 Large Chainshirt (+5 Armor, +3 Dex, -1 Size, +4 Deflect, +7 Natural)
Abilities Str 19, Dex 17, Con -, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14
Condition Darkvision 60 ft, low-light vision
Construct Traits
Immunity to Magic ( Except Force Effects )
Force Vulnerability: Takes an extra 50% damage from Force effects

Special Attacks:

Force Burst (Su) - Every 3 rounds the force golem can create a 30ft radius burst and creatures in that radius take 2d6 points of damage and are knocked prone, a DC14 reflex save halves damage and allows the target to remain standing. Force golems are immune to this ability, Cha based save DC.
Force Reactive (Su) - When an opponent misses a melee attack against a force golem, as an immediate action the opponent is pushed 5ft in an empty square of the force golem's choice. Does not provoke attacks of opportunity, and cannot be resisted.
Pulse (Sp) - A ranged touch attack against a corporeal opponent with 60ft, if it hits the force golem and target make opposed strength checks, if the force golem wins it can push the opponent in a straight line 10ft in any direction away from the golem and falls prone. Causes 1d6 damage if the opponent hits an obstacle. Treated as a bull rush.

Gaius' statblock is slightly different than last I posted, I mistakenly upped his STR to 20 for a 4th HD stat increase, I thought he started as 3HD, not 4HD.

Archivist 3rd level spell, standard action: Mass Conviction, Oswald, Jarren, Thorn, and Gaius get a +3 moral bonus to saves. Weirdly enough, not marked as a mind-affecting effect so it works on my constructs as well. 10 minutes/level, 130 minutes

Artificer 2nd level infusion on Jarren's vest, standard action, Bear's Endurance for a +4 enhancement bonus to CON for 1 minute/level. 13 minutes.

Artificer 5th level infusion: Standard action, Wall of Stone, up to 13 5'x5x3" connected areas are filled with stone. 45 HP, 8 Hardness, break DC 26 STR check

Two Artificer level 1 infusions: 1 round each, Skill Enhancement for a +8 circumstance bonus to Craft (Weaponsmithing) and Use Magic Device. 10 minutes/level, 130 minutes.

Oswald INIT if needed

Thorn's INIT

Gaius' INIT

I'd like Thorn and Gaius in the road, at AQ27 and AR27 I think?

Oswald's UMD for the weapon

Oswald's UMD for the spell

Oswald's Craft (Weaponsmithing)

Edited by DragonFriend (see edit history)
Name
Oswald INIT if needed
1d20+1 2
Thorn's INIT
1d20+5 16
Gaius' INIT
1d20+7 3
Oswald's UMD for the weapon
1d20+39 8
Oswald's UMD for the spell
1d20+39 17
Oswald's Craft (Weaponsmithing)
1d20+35 20

OOC: Cufwell will hurry along the trail and head for the mouth of the cave unless someone calls out to him (or he spots them). If he stops short he will hide just off the track, under a tree using Hide in Plain Sight. As this feels like a big deal, if he has time he'll also use Nature's Blessing to boost his Con by 4 for 18 minutes; but it sounds like he doesn't have time?

OOC: Bringing Reg in now would be unfair, we only allow one PC per player per mission so no special treatment for GMs. 😀 However, if you want to NPC him helping Oswald with the Forge, or storming around in the lava please feel free to do so.

Edited by Delia2531 (see edit history)

Jarren Grayson, the Nightshade

image.jpeg.7ee722c41543eea6cfe96701d4f48ece.jpeg

With the fluidity and tranquility of a trained professional, Jarren prepared himself for the coming battle. While the boons granted by his many friends would serve him well, he knew that open combat was not his strong suit. This would be the fight of his life, and the stakes were too high. If he failed, it would mean the destruction of the Tavern. His home.

"Home." Thoughts drifted to a far away realm, Aon, and it's many troubles. Prince Belregar was leading his people to reclaim his home. The three petty kingdoms of the Heartland fight to establish power and peace in their homes. His brother Markus' bones laid undisturbed, having given his life to protect his kin, the only home he had left. But Jarren's home went up in flames, taken from him by Lord Dernoc, a greedy and spiteful man who saw Jarren's father as disposable, a stepping stone in the path to more riches. Lord Dernoc's bones were left to rot in an ancient ruin, his soul condemned to the fires of hell from the Faustian deal he struck. His mother still lives, dwelling now in her venerable years with her brother's family, her spirit crushed from the injustice wrought upon hers.

Jarren should be dead. His quest for vengeance was successful, but because of it, his oldest brother, Markus, was slain and his second-oldest, Ash, was exiled. Had he not stumbled through the doorway of that strange inn along a barren road, and found his way to the Tavern, he very well would be. "How undeserving was I of this fate," he remarked mentally.

As he conjured magics and prepared his gear, his thoughts then turned to his adventures. Ten long years he has spent in this place, rebuilding his life through the strangest of second chances. From a broken wanderer to a noble assassin, from a hopeless knave to a renowned hero, from the son of a farmer to the bearer of a dead goddess' remnant, he has become more over the course of his adventures than he ever expected.

And now, as he lifted his blades in preparation to strike down some of his closest friends, a fey look crossed his face. Deep in his bones, he sensed death marching towards him. Oswald was a skilled smith, but to buy him the time he needed, Jarren believed this would require the last full measure of devotion to doing what's right.

"Father, Markus, if either of you can hear me... I'll see you soon."

When Cufwell arrived with Tanu, the Nightshade stepped just enough out of his hiding spot for the knight to see. "The Scythe is in the Forge. Take to the other side of the trail, my friend. We must hold off the thralls long enough for Oswald to complete his work. A pincer move will be our best chance," he said, before he slipped back into the shadow of the canopy.

If he can provide any direction to the constructs, he will have them stand a little further down the trail, just 15-20' or so, to intercept the incoming thralls.

Mechanics & OOC

Statblock

Jarren Grayson, the Nightshade
Male NG Dark Human LA 1/Rogue 5/Avenger 7 || Urban Ranger 3/Fighter 4/Swashbuckler 2/Urban Ranger +3/Barbarian 1, Level 13, Init 7, HP 83+26/131+26, DR 1/- (7/10), Speed 60ft
AC 23+4, Touch 16, Flat-footed 18+4, Fort 11+7, Ref 16+7, Will 6+7, Base Attack Bonus +13/+8/+3
Lesser Cold Assault Rogue Blade +19/+14/+9 (1d8+1+1d6 Cold, 19-20/x2)
+1 Light Swordbow (x40 Arrows) +19/+14/+9 (1d6+1 [Bow] | 1d8+1 [Rapier], x3 [Bow] | 18-20/x2 [Rapier])
+2 Short Sword +20/+15/+10 (1d6+2, 19-20/x2)
+3 Least Iron Ward Mithral Chain Shirt (+7 Armor, +6 Dex)
Abilities Str 11, Dex 21, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 11, Cha 15
Condition

Dark Subtype

• Resistance: Cold 10
  • Hide in Plain Sight (Ex)

Rogue/Avenger

• Sneak Attack (+7d6+13)
  • Trap Sense (Ex) +1
  • Trapfinding
  • (Improved) Uncanny Dodge (Ex)
  • Evasion (Ex)
  • Poison Use
  • +3 to Saves vs Poison
  • Death Attack (DC 21)

Urban Ranger

• Favored Enemy (Human +4) (Gnoll +2) (Ex)
  • Urban Tracking
  • Wild Empathy (Ex) (1d20+3)
  • Combat Style (Two-Weapon) (Ex)
  • Improved Combat Style (Two-Weapon) (Ex)

Swashbuckler

• Weapon Finesse (Ex)
  • Grace (Ex) (+1)

Barbarian

• Ferocity (Ex) [0/1]x/day
  • Lion Totem

Shadows of Virtue

• Rank 30 (Nightshade)
  • Hire for Lesser Action
  • Hire for Greater Action
  • Nimble Charge
  • Nimble Stand
  • Dimension Door [0/1]x/day
  • Opportunist (Ex)

Magic Items

• Rogue Blade [2/2]x/day
  • Belt of Battle [3/3] charges
  • Rod of Ropes
  • Corsair's Eyepatch
  • Bracers of Murder
  • Cloak of the Bat
  • Necklace of Vine Strike [3/3]x/day
  • Anklet of Translocation
  • Ring of the Darkhidden
  • Shiftweave
  • Handy Haversack 

Active Effects: Nondetection (7 hours), Gift of Grace (until end of day); Conviction (130 minutes); Bear's Endurance (13 minutes); Freedom of Movement (70 minutes); Shield (1 minute)

Notes on Sneaking

Before crossing the portal, Jarren cast nondetection on himself, meaning anyone who attempts a divination spell like locate object, clairaudience / clairvoyance, and detect spells are blocked, unless the caster makes a DC 22 caster level check (15 + Jarren's caster level) to pierce the veil.

When sneaking, Jarren will move at half his normal movement speed to avoid penalties to Move Silently, meaning he can cross 30ft per move action. Recall the rules about invisibility, which involve distances and other factors at play.

Several things to note about his sneaking:

1. Jarren's got stupid high Hide and Move Silently checks, which are rolled below. I actually noticed an error a little while ago where I added several overlapping bonuses to his Hide check, so it's not +40-ish anymore, and should now be correct.
  2. Jarren has the Darkstalker feat, meaning creatures with blindsense, blindsight, scent, or tremorsense have to roll Spot to notice him.
  3. Jarren has the Dark template, meaning he has Hide in Plain Sight. He can use the Hide skill even while being observed (except in natural daylight, the area of a daylight spell, or a similar effect).
  4. Jarren has the Ring of Darkhidden, meaning he is considered invisible to darkvision. He must have some light cast on him in order for creatures with low-light or normal vision to possibly see him.

OOC: Jarren's 3 rounds of prep are as follows.

1. Prepare Corsair's Eyepatch for see invisibility (not yet casting); push the "Grappling Hook and Rope" button on the Rod of Ropes
  2. Cast Freedom of Movement on himself (I forgot he has the Intelligence for 4th level Avenger/Assassin spells now)
  3. Cast Shield on himself w/ his wand (UMD check below)

He then waits in AD29, watching. He'll try to lock on to Gitcha for a Death Attack, which will take 3 full rounds of nothing but stalking.

Name
UMD (Shield lv 1)
1d20+18 20

IMG_7551.webp.9713902046aecce75d37d3533641b809.webp
Cufwell Greenskin

Statblock

AC: 29 Touch: 16 Flatfooted: 24

HP: 265/270 Speed: 60x5 Init: 10

Primary: +5 Silver Battleaxe 20/x3 +31/26/21/16 1d8+11 1d6 fire (ongoing 1 round)

Secondary: +4 Darksteel Battleaxe 20/x3 +30/25/20/15 1d8+8 1d6 acid (-1 AC on first hit) 1d6 lightning

Cufwell stops when he sees Jarren and puts Tanu down ; "Well met again old friend, then it is time to trade our blood for the time Oswald needs!" He sets himself across the track from Jarren and simply blends in amongst the undergrowth.

IMG_7550.webp.9b98a5e81a08acfb768da1d99949a723.webp
Tanu

Statblock

AC: 33 Touch: 15 Flatfooted: 29

HP: 76/108 Speed: 50 Init: 4

Primary: +4 Bite 20/x2 +17/12 1d8+12 1d6 fire (ongoing 1 round)

Tanu cannot hide in the same way and so she simply stands next to a tree.

OOC: Can Cufwell have triggered his belt of healing to heal Tanu on the run in? She's at 76/108HP currently.

I've added statblocks for the first time, let me know if there is anything else you'd like to see in them!

Terry almost followed the others down the path, but then realized he had a more effective place to plop down right there. He slides the boulders surrounding the entrance to better cover it, then simply plops down in front of the rock-sealed passage.

Crunch

.... Editor is still messing stuff up...

So I didn't apply that last batch of XP, were we supposed to level up or not after that?

Either way, I need to rebuild some of Terry's block again, apparently new mw decided to truncate some of it too.