City of Monsters Redux

Posted (edited)
Temple of Tokan Dor

Narlvog's face drops as he stares down at Griffen. "You're worried about my safety, little man?" he asks, glancing to either side as two of the other hobgoblins in the crowd step forward, "Something tells me you're worrying about the wrong person here."

Narlvog clutches the holy symbol hanging around his neck and makes a show of casting a spell on himself. "I think it would be wise for you lot to walk away now. And if I don't hear soon about Methag being released from custody... well, I wouldn't recommend you showing your faces in Penwyle again anytime soon."

He starts flexing his fingers on the pommel of a blood-crusted morningstar.

Intimidate

At first, he seems pretty intimidating, but one of his goons accidentally lets a little fart, and Narlvog rolls his eyes in annoyance as the effect is ruined.

Edited by Blue Jay (see edit history)
Name
Intimidate
1d20+6 1

image.png.00ad5b40ddf3b7ba39dca3d68551c633.png

Melodie & Trouble

Melodie & Trouble

Melodie Plucker :: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e :: Myth-Weavers Online Character Sheets
Female CG Lilend Gestalt, [B]Level[/B] 4, [B]Init[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 30/36, [B]Speed[/B] 20
[B]AC[/B] 18, [B]Touch[/B] 13, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 15, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 7, [B]Will[/B] 5, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 3   
[B]Grab, 1d10+Str Tail Slap [/B] +2 (1d8+1, x2)
[B]Masterworked Longbow, Composite, +3 [/B] +7 (1d8+3, x3)
[B]Masterworked Greatsword [/B] +7 (2d6+4, 19-20x2)
 (+3 Dex, +5 Natural)
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 16, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 21
[B]Condition[/B] None

Familiar - Albino Raven - Trouble

Tiny Animal
Hit Dice: 1/2 of Masters = 13
Initiative: +2
Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), fly 40 ft. (average)
Armor Class: 16 (+2 size, +2 Dex, +2 Nat), touch 14, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/–13
Attack: Claws +4 melee (1d2–5)
Full Attack: Claws +4 melee (1d2–5)
Space/Reach: 2-1/2 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, Speaks Celestial
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +2
Abilities: Str 1, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 7, Wis 14, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +3, Spot +5
Feats: Weapon Finesse
Familiar Benefits: Alertness, improved evasion, share spells, empathic link, Deliver touch spells

Melodie was certain that this mob was going to explode in a frenzy of violence any time now, Chialel seemed to have the better tongue so she left him to do the talking. As the celestial stood next to Chailel she kept her hand on her longbow, the smell from the fart was disgusting.

OoC -

Edited by paladinred (see edit history)

Chailel | HP: 43/45 | AC: 19 | Touch: 14 | Flat-footed: 19parrot_1.jpg.d9465f213e169a3ccb279cca82f4e780.jpgotis_1.jpg.62e09946a87dd302c3cc8bfaf986d51f.jpgChailel_01.jpg.43cb3c52747ad53e6c97bfcda4399d92.jpg

Conditions

Chailel: Spirit Sight (See ethereal creatures), Dex Damage (-1), Draconic Aura (30ft, Fast healing 1 if < 1/2)

Favored Enemies: Evil Outsider (+4), Undead (+2)

Concentration: n/a

Chatterbox: Dex Damage (-1)

Otis: N/A

Chailel lets out another little sigh. Looking past their leader he addresses the group. "Whelp. Seems like ya'll have pretty much made up yer mind about which path ya'd rather follow. I reckon most folk turn down their noses at endurin' pain n' sufferin' fer their own betterment, n' I wager they turn their noses down on ya'll while their at it... I'm sure Tokan Dor won't mind ya evolvin' yer beliefs into threatenin' it on others instead... but you 'n yer leader here would know better 'n me."

He shrugs as he turns back to his comrades, still speaking loudly enough for the mob to hear. "We came here ta talk ta Narlvog, 'n we talked to 'im. He maintains his innocence n' gave us plenty ta consider... Besides, we've still got a few folks worth questionin' before we go placin' blame."

He begins to walk away, his hounds paws slapping the cobblestones dully as they move, he pats it heavily on the flank and continues. "C'mon brother. Let's see if we can't track down them spiky bug fellers. The ones layin' parasitic eggs in folks' bellies!" He chuckles slightly. "Maybe we'll get lucky 'n one o' them will confess without much fuss."

He pauses and calls back over his shoulder. "Ya'll seen anyone fitttin' that description millin' around? I gather their species is called Xill, if that helps, n' they have a habit o' disappearin' into thin air. It's a good bet one o' them actually made the killin' blow on Ms. Groak, left a pretty unique wound on her abdomen."

He leaves the confrontation in earnest and begins to whistle his off key tune, briefly interjecting one final time on his way out of the area. "Supposedly one is hangin' out nearby... goes by the name Jezim if memory serves. I reckon you'll call for us if he... it... turns up? If they're willin' ta murder one o' tha leaders o' this community n' try ta frame another in the process, I doubt anyone on this side o' tha river is safe... Hell... could be workin' fer tha humans fer all we know."

Actions

Try to Discern the spell he's casting.

Try to find the "wounded" hobgoblin from last night in the crowd.

Leave

OOC

If I can't dissuade them from supporting his violent rhetoric, maybe I can at least sow some distrust for whatever is happening with Xill...

Name
Spellcraft (Identify the spell)
1d20+1 6
Spot (Find injured man)
1d20+7 19

Griffen Lightstep

2716bde96112450fa07b8dd8b5df6441.jpeg.d15895effebe4f764c20a19b54b87376.jpeg

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=2875277][B][SIZE=+1]Griffen Lightstep [/SIZE][/B][/URL] Male Neutral Good Ghostwise Halfling Scout 3/Rogue 3, [B]Level[/B] 3, [B]Init[/B] 7, [B]HP[/B] 27/27, [B]Speed[/B] 30 [B]AC[/B] 19, [B]Touch[/B] 15, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 15, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 8, [B]Will[/B] 4, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 2 [B] MW Composite Shortbow [/B] +8 (1d4, x3) [B] MW Short Sword [/B] +4 (1d4, 19-20x2) [B] Throwing Axe [/B] +8 (1d4, x2) [B] Mithril Chain Shirt[/B] (+4 Armor, +4 Dex, +1 Size) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 10, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 10 [B]Condition[/B] None [B]Languages[/B]Common, Halfling, Elven, Goblin, and Draconic Healing Belt: 1 charge: Heals 2d8 points of damage. 2 charges: Heals 3d8 points of damage. 3 charges: Heals 4d8 points of damage.
Griffen Lightstep
Male Neutral Good Ghostwise Halfling Scout 3/Rogue 3, Level 3, Init 7, HP 27/27, Speed 30
AC 19, Touch 15, Flat-footed 15, Fort 4, Ref 8, Will 4, Base Attack Bonus 2
MW Composite Shortbow +8 (1d4, x3)
MW Short Sword +4 (1d4, 19-20x2)
Throwing Axe +8 (1d4, x2)
Mithril Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +4 Dex, +1 Size)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 10
Condition None
Languages Common, Halfling, Elven, Goblin, and Draconic

Healing Belt:
1 charge: Heals 2d8 points of damage.
2 charges: Heals 3d8 points of damage.
3 charges: Heals 4d8 points of damage.

Feats and Abilities

Feats: Alertness(lvl1)Quick Reconnoiter(lvl3)

Racial Abilities:

• +2 Dexterity, -2 Strength.
  • Small: As a Small creature, a halfling gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
  • Halfling base land speed is 20 feet.
  • +2 racial bonus on ClimbJumpListen, and Move Silently checks.
  • Speak without Sound (Su): A ghostwise halfling, unlike other halflings, can communicate telepathically with any creature within 20 feet, just as if speaking to him or her. The halfling can only speak and listen to one person at a time, and he must share a common language with the person or creature he speaks to telepathically, or the telepathic link fails.

• +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear: This bonus stacks with the halfling’s +1 bonus on saving throws in general.
  • +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with thrown weapons and slings.

Scout Abilities: Skirmish +1d6 +1 AC, Battle Fortitude +1, Trapfinding, Uncanny Dodge, Fast Movement +10 ft, Trackless Step

Rogue Abilities: Sneak Attack +2d6, Trapfinding, Trap Sense +1, Evasion

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Appraise 2
Balance 4
Bluff 5
Climb 0
Concentration 0
Craft 0
Decipher Script 4
Diplomacy 3
Disable Device 7
Disguise 0
Escape Artist 4
Forgery 2
Gather Information 5
Handle Animal 0
Heal 2
Hide 11
Intimidate 0
Jump 0
Knowledge(Dungeoneering) 5
Knowledge (Geography) 5
Knowledge (Nature) 4
Knowledge (Local) 4
Knowledge (History)  
Listen 7
Move Silently 8
Open Lock 10
Perform 0
Profession 5
Ride 6
Search 6
Sense Motive 5
Sleight of Hand 6
Spellcraft 2
Spot 9
Survival 5
Swim 0
Tumble 6
Use Magic Device 2
Use Rope 5
Speak Language(Draconic) 1

Equipment

Equipment:

Mithril Chainshirt (1100GP) Dungeon Masters Guide

MW Composite Shortbow w/20 Arrows(375GP) Players Handbook

MW Shortsword (310GP) Players Handbook

2x Throwing Axes (16GP) Players Handbook

Healing Belt (750GP) Magic Item Compendium Pg 110

Backpack (2GP) Players Handbook

Bedroll (1SP) Players Handbook

Blanket, Winter (5SP) Players Handbook

Fishhook (1SP) Players Handbook

Flint & Steel (1GP) Players Handbook

Small Steel Mirror (10GP) Players Handbook

Iron Pot (5SP) Players Handbook

Belt Pouch (1GP) Players Handbook

5x Bread, 5x Cheese, 5x Meat(3GP) Players Handbook

Silk Rope 50 Ft (10GP) Players Handbook

Sewing Needle (5SP) Players Handbook

Shovel (2GP) Players Handbook

Soap (5SP) Players Handbook

Tent (10GP) Players Handbook

Waterskin (1GP) Players Handbook

Whetstone (2CP) Players Handbook

Sunrod x2 (4GP) Players Handbook

MW Thieves Tools (100GP) Players Handbook

Explorers Outfit (10GP) Players Handbook

Warpony (100GP) Players Handbook

Bit & Bridle (2GP) Players Handbook

Military Saddle (20GP) Players Handbook

Saddlebag (4GP) Players Handbook

Feed x7(3SP5CP) Players Handbook

Spices (Pepper, Salt, Garlic, Cumin, Basil, Rosemary, Onion) (31GP 1 SP, and 5 CP) Arms and Equipment Guide Pg 31

Wheat Flour (3 GP) Arms and Equipment Guide Pg 31

Olive Oil (5GP) Arms and Equipment Guide Pg 31

Honey (1SP) Arms and Equipment Guide Pg 31

Funds Left over 130 GP, 1 SP, and 8 CP

Griffen raises an eyebrow and grins at Narlvog. "That came out more scary in your head didn't it boss man?"

He listens as his companion speaks and nods his head. Then he looks back to Narlvog before he speaks "It could be the Xill, could be you, could be any number of folks, that is what we are trying to find out. We will follow wherever the facts lead us. If you are really innocent then it behooves you to help us. If you truly want justice for your people. Because if the evidence is pointing to the culprit being your own people when it is humans then you will not get the justice you deserve. It's up to you though, we will continue to do our job regardless. " he looks at Narlvog questioningly as he speaks.

Name
Diplomacy
1d20+3 3

Temple of Tokan Dor

To his credit, Narlvog keeps up the act with an impressively intimidation face. But, it seems his moment has been undercut sufficiently, and he seems unwilling to press too hard here. At least at first.

But as you turn to leave, you hear some murmuring among the crowd, clearly unhappy with Narlvog's apparent intention to let you all just walk away. They push and prod him a little bit, and Narlvog snarls defiantly at them. Finally, he turns to you as Chailel tries to lead you all away.

"You talk too big for a halfling," he says to Griffen, "You speak of justice. You speak of truth. You clearly do not know what it means to be a 'monster' in a human city. There is no justice for us, except that which we take for ourselves. And let me tell you how I discern the truth. If you doubt my version of events, then I will challenge you to combat mortal! And the gods will surely support the side that is true."

This show of bravado elicits a cheer from the crowd, and several nearby hobgoblins begin some weird chant in anticipation of a bloodshed spectacle.

Griffen Lightstep

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=2875277][B][SIZE=+1]Griffen Lightstep [/SIZE][/B][/URL] Male Neutral Good Ghostwise Halfling Scout 3/Rogue 3, [B]Level[/B] 3, [B]Init[/B] 7, [B]HP[/B] 27/27, [B]Speed[/B] 30 [B]AC[/B] 19, [B]Touch[/B] 15, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 15, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 8, [B]Will[/B] 4, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 2 [B] MW Composite Shortbow [/B] +8 (1d4, x3) [B] MW Short Sword [/B] +4 (1d4, 19-20x2) [B] Throwing Axe [/B] +8 (1d4, x2) [B] Mithril Chain Shirt[/B] (+4 Armor, +4 Dex, +1 Size) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 10, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 10 [B]Condition[/B] None [B]Languages[/B]Common, Halfling, Elven, Goblin, and Draconic Healing Belt: 1 charge: Heals 2d8 points of damage. 2 charges: Heals 3d8 points of damage. 3 charges: Heals 4d8 points of damage.
Griffen Lightstep
Male Neutral Good Ghostwise Halfling Scout 3/Rogue 3, Level 3, Init 7, HP 27/27, Speed 30
Condition None

Healing Belt:

Feats and Abilities

Racial Abilities:

• Small: As a Small creature, a halfling gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
  • Speak without Sound (Su): A ghostwise halfling, unlike other halflings, can communicate telepathically with any creature within 20 feet, just as if speaking to him or her. The halfling can only speak and listen to one person at a time, and he must share a common language with the person or creature he speaks to telepathically, or the telepathic link fails.

• +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear: This bonus stacks with the halfling’s +1 bonus on saving throws in general.

Scout Abilities: Skirmish +1d6 +1 AC, Battle Fortitude +1, Trapfinding, Uncanny Dodge, Fast Movement +10 ft, Trackless Step

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Appraise 2
Balance 4
Bluff 5
Climb 0
Concentration 0
Craft 0
Decipher Script 4
Diplomacy 3
Disable Device 7
Disguise 0
Escape Artist 4
Forgery 2
Gather Information 5
Handle Animal 0
Heal 2
Hide 11
Intimidate 0
Jump 0
Knowledge (Geography) 5
Knowledge (Nature) 4
Knowledge (Local) 4
Knowledge (History)  
Listen 7
Move Silently 8
Open Lock 10
Perform 0
Profession 5
Ride 6
Search 6
Sense Motive 5
Sleight of Hand 6
Spellcraft 2
Spot 9
Survival 5
Swim 0
Tumble 6
Use Magic Device 2
Use Rope 5

Equipment

Equipment:

Spices (Pepper, Salt, Garlic, Cumin, Basil, Rosemary, Onion) (31GP 1 SP, and 5 CP) Arms and Equipment Guide Pg 31

Griffen reaches out to Narlvog telepathically. "You do realize the irony of naming me halfling and yet stating I do not I understand being a monster in a human city? Like you, I am not human and will never fully fit in, of course I am even more strange than your average halfling as I am a ghostwise halfling. We could certainly fight, and I might lose. Then again I may not, what does that really say? Not that you are guilty or innocent. If I am being honest I do not think you killed the Lady, but I do think you know what really happened. Help us and we can get to the bottom of this so the real guilty parties get punished and true justice can be found. If you agree just nod your head and we can work this out, so that no one gets hurt"

He also speaks aloud "Trial by combat really does not provide true justice, just that one of us is a better fighter. It also gives the Perception that us non-humans are just savages that can only use violence to solve all of our problems. So sure we could fight but in the end we both lose " he gives Narlvog an earnest look.

Name
Diplomacy 2nd try
1d20+3 12

Melodie & Trouble

Melodie & Trouble

Melodie Plucker :: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e :: Myth-Weavers Online Character Sheets
Female CG Lilend Gestalt, [B]Level[/B] 4, [B]Init[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 30/36, [B]Speed[/B] 20
[B]AC[/B] 18, [B]Touch[/B] 13, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 15, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 7, [B]Will[/B] 5, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 3   
 (+3 Dex, +5 Natural)
[B]Condition[/B] None

Tiny Animal
Familiar Benefits: Alertness, improved evasion, share spells, empathic link, Deliver touch spells

Melodie did not want to add to the already confusing picture, this Narlvog is clearly out of his depth when negotiating as he has to revert to physical combat to get his point across. He also does not know what a monster is, Melodie would count as a monster but no one would say she is a monster as she is of celestial blood, being a monster is not just down to a form, it is within your mind. If you like to go around killing then people will view you as a monster.

Melodie followed Chailel and she too gave the dog a pat on his flank, this whole episode needed a good shake-up to see what falls out.

OoC -

Chailel | HP: 43/45 | AC: 19 | Touch: 14 | Flat-footed: 19parrot_1.jpg.d9465f213e169a3ccb279cca82f4e780.jpgotis_1.jpg.62e09946a87dd302c3cc8bfaf986d51f.jpgChailel_01.jpg.43cb3c52747ad53e6c97bfcda4399d92.jpg

Conditions

Chailel: Spirit Sight (See ethereal creatures), Dex Damage (-1), Draconic Aura (30ft, Fast healing 1 if < 1/2)

Favored Enemies: Evil Outsider (+4), Undead (+2)

Concentration: n/a

Chatterbox: Dex Damage (-1)

Otis: N/A

Chailel stops, looks at his feet, and sighs before turning back around. "Well, I reckon with an invitation like that it's a good thing we didn't bring that infernal gargoyle with us... I'd wager it'd have ya in six 'r seven pieces already... 'n those'd be charred to a crisp... Course, then ya'd probably all blame that on tha humans too, even though ya asked for it, n' we'd be no closer ta gettin' our answers."

He winces slightly as he tucks his spear into his armpit, contorting his other arm into a position to rub his shoulder in wide circular motions. "I reckon I'll have ta agree with my friend here. I can't see how you puffin' yerself up with magic 'n pummelin' on a broke old man... or a feller one-quarter yer size, proves anything... 'cept maybe who's got more muscles than brains."

He gives the questionable shoulder a few big rotations of his arm and seems to find some level of comfort. "No, I think we'll stick ta findin' real evidence. Besides, that there wound on yer belly still looks sorta fresh... Might give us an unfair advantage... plus we'd hate ta aggravate it and delay the healin' process. Must o' been painful..." He chews one corner of his lip, then chuckles. "Course, that's good fer ya though, aint it?"

He gives the man a little smile. "What happened? Somethin' y'all do intentionally?" He holds his hand up to his brow and makes a show of looking over the crowd. "Don't look it... Matter o' fact... seems like he's tha only one. Whatever it was, must be damn near fatal to most folks! Pain is one thing... almost-certain-death seems like an awful big risk ta take ta prove yer faith. Seems counterintuitive ta growin' yer congregation too! Hard ta believe it'd be a common practice among yer whole church."

He plunges his knurled fingers into his beard and scratches at this chin. "Hmm, must be a locally grown extreme, yeah?" He shrugs heavily. "But, then again, I am still in tha to learnin' stage... Tryin' ta wrap my noodle round all tha ins 'n outs... as it were."

Actions

OOC

Brianna

spacer.pngBrianna remains grimly silent throughout the talks, not wanting to risk somehow making things worse and escalating this into a fight they've only narrowly seemed to avoid. Her appearance as a human would probably not help things anyway and she's still not ready to reveal what she truly is just yet. Not until there is no other choice. Thankfully, none of her companions questioned how she knew what a Xilll was or how the blasted things reproduced. If they choose not to ask, she doesn't have to answer.

For now though, she begins to follow the rest of the party out. She'll let them continue to take the lead.

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=1789045][B][SIZE=+1]Brianna[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Female CG Succubus Succubus||Paladin of Freedom, [B]Level[/B] 5, [B]Init[/B] 7, [B]HP[/B] 55/55, [B]DR[/B] 5/Cold Iron or Good, [B]Speed[/B] 30 ft./Fly 50 ft. (Average) [B]AC[/B] 23, [B]Touch[/B] 13, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 20, [B]Fort[/B] 15, [B]Ref[/B] 14, [B]Will[/B] 12, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 5 [B] Claws [/B] +7 (1d6+2, x2) [B] Greatsword +1 [/B] +8 (2d6+4, 19-20/x2) [B] Masterwork Chain Shirt[/B] (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +6 Natural) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 14, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 26 [B]Condition[/B] None
Brianna
Female CG Succubus Succubus||Paladin of Freedom, Level 5, Init 7, HP 55/55, DR 5/Cold Iron or Good, Speed 30 ft./Fly 50 ft. (Average)
AC 23, Touch 13, Flat-footed 20, Fort 15, Ref 14, Will 12, Base Attack Bonus 5
Claws +7 (1d6+2, x2)
Greatsword +1 +8 (2d6+4, 19-20/x2)
Masterwork Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +6 Natural)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 26
Condition None

Current Condition

55/55 HP

Crusader's Strike Readied? Y/N, Expended? Y/N

Martial Spirit Stance Active? Y/N 

Smite Evil: 2/2 daily uses remaining; Teleport 3/3 daily uses remaining

Lay on Hands 40/40 HP remaining

Turn Undead 10/10 daily uses remaining (Cleric Level 1) 

Condition: None

Active Effects

Change Shape SLA (Always active; Brianna is currently appearing as Human.)

DR 2/Cold Iron or Good; Spell Resistance 15

Flaw: Pride of Arms (takes a -4 penalty on attack rolls with any non-martial weapon {ex Simple, Exotic, Unarmed, etc)

Flaw: Solitary Paragon (takes a -4 penalty on attack rolls against foes she flanks)

Aura of Resolve (Su): Beginning at 3rd level, a paladin of freedom is immune to compulsion effects. Each ally within 10 feet of him gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against compulsion effects. This ability otherwise functions identically to the paladin's aura of courage class feature.

Paladin Code of Conduct: A paladin of freedom must be of chaotic good alignment and loses all class abilities if she ever willingly commits an evil act. Additionally, a paladin of freedom's code requires that she respect individual liberty, help those in need (provided they do not use the help for lawful or evil ends), and punish those who threaten or curtail personal liberty.

Other Abilities

Other Abilities:

• Aura of Good (detects as good aligned)
  • Darkvision 60 ft.
  • Divine Health
  • Divine Grace
  • Chaotic, Evil and Extraplanar Subtypes (alignment detects as Chaotic Evil)
  • Telepathy (50 ft. range)
  • Tongues

*Spell-Like Abilities:

• Change Shape
  • Charm Person
  • Suggestion
  • Detect Thoughts
  • Detect Evil
  • Detect Good

* - All SLAs are At-Will usage unless otherwise stated.

Temple of Tokan Dor

Narlvog's eye twitches a little at Griffen's comments, but he turns and listens to Chailel before saying anything. "Outsiders to Port Callan, indeed," he says, "Clearly." He looks directly at Chailel then. "Secularists too, it seems. All your reasoning is done as if the gods themselves do not exist and do not exert their wills in our world; as if the power of the divine is not able to overcome the strength of mortal sinew. Clearly, you think me a simpleton, and the gods equally so." He turns to Griffen again. "And your attempt to claim solidarity with the plight of 'monsters' is laughably transparent. Show me your sharp teeth, your long ears, your green or red skin, and I will believe that you suffer oppression at the hands of human overlords.

"But very well, I shall lay my cards upon the table. I am not particularly sad about Lady Groak's death. Were she strong enough, she would not have fallen, regardless of what creature sought to take her life. And had she the divine power of a reliable god on her side, she might have endured the pain and not succumbed. Only then would I have felt her political aspirations worthy of my support.

"In this mortal world, all are tested in the crucible of adversity, and those that endure the most receive the greatest rewards in the life to come. A sincere religion is not founded on the principles of demographics, nor are its tenets crafted to maximize the number of people who can achieve its rewards. Such a 'religion' as that is little more than a social club for feeding the delusions of the weak-willed masses.

"But I'm not surprised by Lady Groak's death. She was too weak to face the hounds of Baator. She sought integration with humanity, integration into a society of foolish laws that coddle and delude. We are not human, and thus we should not be governed by human law. The humans---" He looks directly at Griffen then, with disdain "--- and those who integrate with them --- must accept that we are here to stay, and they must respect us for what we are and how we want to live our lives. Lady Groak did not understand that, and so it is not surprising that the crucible claimed her."

• 3 weeks later...
Griffen Lightstep

Statblock

Griffen Lightstep
Condition None

Healing Belt:

Feats and Abilities

Racial Abilities:

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Appraise 2
Balance 4
Bluff 5
Climb 0
Concentration 0
Craft 0
Decipher Script 4
Diplomacy 3
Disable Device 7
Disguise 0
Escape Artist 4
Forgery 2
Gather Information 5
Handle Animal 0
Heal 2
Hide 11
Intimidate 0
Jump 0
Knowledge (Geography) 5
Knowledge (Nature) 4
Knowledge (Local) 4
Knowledge (History)  
Listen 7
Move Silently 8
Open Lock 10
Perform 0
Profession 5
Ride 6
Search 6
Sense Motive 5
Sleight of Hand 6
Spellcraft 2
Spot 9
Survival 5
Swim 0
Tumble 6
Use Magic Device 2
Use Rope 5

Equipment

Equipment:

Griffen shakes his head as he listens to Narlvog as he thinks to himself "I see, he is a religious nut" he was not much one for religion and leaning on the crutch of the divine to help pull him from the fire. He also understood that you never get anywhere if you do not play the game, you can scream all day long that you will not play the game and make your own way but it will get you no where. "You can be around to stay all you want, but you will never be in charge or even have a seat at the table if you don't understand you have to play the game. It seems the lady understood something that you never will. If you play their game, you at least get a seat at the table. Then just maybe you get the opportunity to begin to shape how the game is played. It's a real shame she died before she could teach you lot that lesson." he turns to the rest of the party "I think we are done here, he obviously is too stupid to actually know what happened to the lady, and we might as well go to someone a bit brighter."

He turns around and begins to walk away as if Narlvog was beneath any real concern of his.

Temple of Tokan Dor

The gathered crowds go silent at Griffen's latest jab, and the rest of you can see Narlvog's nostrils flaring in annoyance. "You...!" he calls at Griffen's receding back, "What do you know of anything? You've never had to lead a group of 'monsters' in a human city! You don't know how it is! Come back here, you little...!"

He seems pretty unsure what to do here. He really wants to smash the little person for the insult, and his reputation seems to have been wounded a bit; but the honorableness of smashing an unwilling little person with law-enforcement credentials in broad daylight is... dubious at best. So, he just kind of seethes impotently as you walk away.

((Heading back to Telamon Manor now?))

Melodie & Trouble

Melodie & Trouble

(+3 Dex, +5 Natural)
[B]Condition[/B] None

Tiny Animal

Lillend

HD:d8
Level    BAB    Fort    Ref    Will    Feature

1     +0   +0   +2   +2    Lillend body, Muse.
2     +1   +0   +3   +3    Artistic Soul
3     +2   +1   +3   +3    Constrict, Improved grab, +1 Str
4     +3   +1   +4   +4    Understanding , +1 Cha
5     +3   +1   +4   +4    Trickster, +1 Str
6     +4   +2   +5   +5    Wings, +1 Cha
7     +5   +2   +5   +5    Growth, +1 Str

Skills:6+int modifier per level, quadruple at first level. Class skills are Appraise, Concentration , Climb, Diplomacy , Knowledge (arcana) ,
Listen , Perform (any ) , Sense Motive , Spellcraft ,
Spot , Survival, swim

Proficiencies: proficient  with all simple weapons, plus the longsword, rapier, sap, short sword, shortbow, and whip

Features:
Lillend body: At 1st level the lillend loses all other racial bonus and gains outsider traits(basically darkvision 60 foot). It is a medium sized outsider with base speed 20 with a snake tail instead of legs and a natural tail slap attack dealing 1d6+1/2 str damage. When full attacking, the lillend can use her tail slap as a secondary attack with -5 penalty without taking penalty on it's other attacks.

In addition, she gains a bonus to natural armor equal to her Cha modifier.

Muse:the lillend gains a bonus on saves against poison  equal to her HD and fire resistance equal to half her HD. In addition, she gains a racial bonus on survival checks equal to half her HD.

The lillend also gains the chaotic and good subtypes and her natural weapons and wielded weapons count as chaotic and good for purposes of bypassing DR.

Artistic soul:A lillend casts spells and can use bardic music as a bard of the same level-1. Only lillend levels count for this ability, but they stack with any other class or prc that gives bard spellcasting and/or bardic music.

Ability increase: the lillend gains +1 Cha at levels 4 and 6 and +1 Str at levels 3, 5, 7

Constrict  (Ex):A lillend deals 1d10+str points of damage with a successful grapple check. Constricting uses the entire lower portion of its body, so it cannot take any move actions when constricting, though it can still attack with its sword.

Improved Grab (Ex):To use this ability, a lillend must hit with its tail slap attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can constrict.

Understanding:The lillend can now use speak with animals and speak with plants as SLAs 1/day for each 4HD it has.

Trickster:The lillend can now use knock and illusionary terrain as SLAs 1/day for each 2 HD it has. Saves are 10+1/2HD+Cha modifier.]

Wings: The lillend grows feathery wings of bright colors which allow her to fly at a speed of 10 foot per HD, average maneuverability.

Growth: the lillend grows one size category.

Melodie slithered away too, she had to smile at Giffen's comments but it seemed a true statement of Narvolg. He did not seem to be all that bright, the party might not know how tough it was to come here and bring a bunch of non-humans to live in a human town but, as a measure of your intellect, you should at least try to integrate yourselves to fit in.

OoC -

Edited by paladinred (see edit history)

Back to Telamon Manor

As the party walks away, no one dares throw anything more dangerous than a rotten vegetable, and you soon find yourselves arriving back at Telamon Manor.

In the main room, there's something of an entourage present, including both the hags you met at the original crime scene, and a gaggle of other semi-humanoid-looking people. Sir Keltus is there, and he greets you all.

"I'm glad you're all here," he says, "Lady Marnie has managed to scrounge together the funds to raise Lady Groak from the dead, and Bishop Delcar is in the next room, preparing the spell."

Marnie Mudwallow rounds on the party testily. "How has your investigation been going?" she asks, "I've heard from several sources around town that you've been causing an uproar all around the Penwyle District. I don't suppose all this ruckus has come with any sort of answers? Do you already know who killed my dear coven sister?"