Ch.2 - A Wretched Hive - Cato Neimoidia

Events

RC-9738 "Shade"

Reflex 20 (FF 16) | Fort 15 | Will 15 | DT 15 | HP: 43/43 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8 | Force Points 6/6 | Destiny Points 3 | Features | Conditions

Shade nodded in approval of Zen's caution, even as he took his seat. He split his attention between the "Viceroy" and the rest of the patrons, even as he glanced down at the menu to briefly consider food.

OOC

@Wizard of the Coat Did you ever disguise Shade?

Name
roll
1d20+8 16

spacer.png"Oh, grand architecture!" the beggar said, seeming to light up at the question. "The cities are all unique if based on the same bridge idea. The most fancy cities have the most prestige, but the fanciest of buildings can bring an entire city's standing far above what it should! And the annual Purge Festival helps ensure nothing old stays behind, so there's always room to improve. And who doesn't enjoy fine cuisine and gambling on a pod-race?"

Here the man seemed to sadden. "But the war... they ruined everything!" he said, slamming the table.

"I was like a monarch, with the fanciest building of all, but the bombs saw to waste it all. Now the money flows elsewhere and we're left with a trickle. Economy? Psh! The Trade Federation doesn't exist anymore. And those damn hippies trying to grow food on the top of the arch are wasting their time, you ask me. But something's coming and going. I don't know what, but the Imperials come through like clockwork. What isn't coming through is material to rebuild or workers to repair."

In the distance, Zen could see the disappearing form of a Rodian wearing a black leather vest and black shirt beneath. It wasn't clear if they were fleeing or just late for something, but he seemed to be moving at a slightly brisk pace. Within seconds he was gone from the front of the building, however, leaving Zen's range of sight at the rear of the establishment. Shade, however, had seen the teal-skinned alien make eye contact and get spooked, suddenly leaving.

The Viceroy looked around warily as Remy asked his final question. "Local legends?" he asked quietly, clearly nervous. He tugged at his collar and itched at himself. "I'm really not sure what you mean," he said, dancing around the issue.

At this point the waitress returned to the table with a plate of fat noodles covered in a red gravy with large bits of cubed, fried meat. A pungent aroma of seafood and spices wafted into everyone's face. She set the plate in front of the beggar who started digging in immediately, burning himself on the sauce. Secondly, she brought a tray of drinks, setting a glass of water down in front of everyone. "Okay, have we had a chance to look at the menu?" the waitress asked, eyeing everyone for a volunteer.

OOC

Okay, to get info about Darga you'll have to roll Gather Information. It's obvious he knows something but doesn't yet feel like he can say. A DC 25 Gather Info check and 500 credits in bribe money and you'll get something to go on.

combat-medic-droid.png.94169ed1860ec579dfa48ad6f3bc35a5.png
EM-AI Medical Droid
Droid (1st Degree) Technician
HP 26/26, Condition Normal
Damage Threshold 13
Defences: Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 17
Force Points 5 (1), Destiny Points 0
Lang: Basic, Binary, Bocce, Bothan,
Geonosian, Huttese

Remy, with his optics discreetly monitoring Shade, processes for any indications that his cover might be faltering. The Viceroy's knowledge of the higher echelons, juxtaposed with his edgy demeanour when local legends are mentioned, triggers Remy's analytical algorithms. He computes the likelihood that this individual, while not the viceroy in truth, could be intricately linked to the old power structures of the trade federation.

As the dialogue progresses, Remy detects the subtle cues of the Viceroy's intentions, his behaviour aligning with the patterns typical of those seeking financial incentives to divulge information. With a calculated motion, Remy discreetly signals Nina, sliding a number of credits towards her.

OOC, Mechanics

Rolls for Know, and Help
Happy to push over 500cr if need be, but would prefer others chipped in, and someone else make the roll as I'm at +1

For the Knowledge (galactic lore) DC 15 roll, I can take 10 and get the 15.
as you can take 10 with Knowledge checks

However I don't help as my optics doesn't work the same way that your flesh bag sight do, and I describe it oddly.

Edited by 8w_gremlin (see edit history)
Name
Help with Disguise (knowledge) 
1d20+5 2

Tetra Terrabreaker

Tetra Terrabreaker

Tetra motioned to the beggar's plate, giving the waitress a few creds, "I'll take a plate of that, please." In the meantime, he tried chatting up the patrons, but his first impression was lasting.

Mechanics

I'll give the waitress 110 creds.

Name
Assist Gather Info
1d20+1 4

Events

RC-9738 "Shade"

Reflex 20 (FF 16) | Fort 15 | Will 15 | DT 15 | HP: 43/43 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8 | Force Points 6/6 | Destiny Points 3 | Features | Conditions

"I'll have this." Shade points at fried nerf-cheese sticks with some kind of dipping sauce. He keeps his eyes on the "Viceroy" even as he says, "So, what kind of secrets do you have for us?"

OOC

Name
Assist Gather Info
1d20+1 12

Nina Veldii - a.k.a. Steel Nina Twi'lek Backwater Bounty Hunter

Init +3 | Perception +7 (Low-light Vision) | Basic, Ryl, Huttese, Bocce | Persuasion +3 | Deception +8 | Gather Info +8 | Stealth +13 | Deceptive | Seducer

Fort 18 | Ref 17 | Will 15 | HP 41/41 | DT 18 | CT 0 -1 -2 -5 -10 H | FP 6/6 |TFP 0/1 | Credits 235 | Sport Hunter | Point Blank Shot | Improved Stealth | Precise Shot

SteelNinaTwilekAIRendering.jpg.6c39a2b1fb4f3e9edff48464c5d58e2e.jpg"I'll have an order of the bantha potstickers," Nina replied, her eyes on the menu. "And your... Skybride Lager."

The twi'lek fixed her lovely eyes on the viceroy. He had waxed considerably cogent upon taking a seat at the table. Had his initial approach been some masterful con? And now he leveraged for five hundred credits. Not the gambit of a desperate beggar, but the working of a shrewd businessman. Perhaps knowing food and drink were on their way had loosed the bands of desperation constraining his mind. Up to this point, she'd been treating him like a individual ruined by life, a person of unsound mind. But now she reconsidered and decided to treat take him seriously. Treat him like a savvy businessman.

She wore an easygoing smile as she replied. "Mysterious Imperial dealings, unmentionable local legends... I'm intrigued, Viceroy. But five hundred credits. That's a lot of chit. I'd hate to hand over such a payment only to discover you'd used it to drink yourself into a coma. I'd feel responsible, you see. Though, I suppose we could put some credits on a tab for you here at the cantina, with instructions to only let you spend so much on drink--the rest on food." She paused, adding, "Unless you've got the money earmarked for something else?"

The twi'lek reached for one of the music cases she'd set next to her at the table, opening it to reveal a not-too-shabby lectro yookoo'lele. Turning back to the beggar, she continued, she continued, her velvety soft contralto soothingly comfortable. "But no, five hundred credits is too much, Viceroy. You see, I don't know you, and based on your welcome here at the cantina, you have no reputation as an information broker. No reputation means you have nothing to lose if you give us false info. In under an hour, I could easily find a real information broker, one with a reputation at stake. An established broker is a safer bet for off-worlders like us. And from an established broker we might discover that the information you're offering is only worth fifty credits."

The twi'lek had removed her lectro yookoo'lele from the carrying case. Closing the case, she took up the instrument and switched it on. "I'd be willing to pay one hundred credits just to hear what you have to say. If your info is of interest to us, actionable, and worth checking out, I'd kick the payment up to two hundred and fifty credits. And if your info actually checks out, I'll meet your asking price--five hundred credits total. The second two hundred and fifty paid after we've confirmed your story."

Nina plucked a soft string on the yookoo'lele and then pushed a button on the small control panel--tuning the instrument to a sounding range appropriate for the neimoidian standards in her repertoire.

"What do you think, Viceroy?"

Softly, the strummed the instrument: the opening chords of a beloved traditional neimoidian air--which Nina knew to be based on an ancient Duros children's lullaby.

OOC

Main Hand -

Off Hand -

Actions

Action: Persuasion check to smooth over any possible bad impression that may have resulted from Tetra's "all look alike" joke.

Swift Action

Move Action

Possible Reaction

Effects/Conditions

Statblock

Twi'lek Female Scout 2 Scoundrel 1

Destiny Points 0 Dark Side Score 0

Str 10 Dex 14 Con 14 Int 12 Wis 12 Cha 14

Skills Athletics +6, Deception +8, Gather Information +8, Perception +7, Stealth +13/+18, Survival +7

Speed 6

Melee +1 Snap Baton (2d4+1 bludgeoning)

Ranged +4 Chuq-chuk (2d12+2 piercing), +4 Saturday Night Special (3d6+2 piercing)

Equipment

• All-Temperature Outfit (worn): zippered all-temperature low-cut t-shirt, all-temperature stretch pants, all-temperature crop jacket with hood in large zippered collar, all-temperature stretch neck gaiter (in jacket pocket), all-temperature gloves, all-temperature hiking boots, polarized sunglasses (in jacket pocket)
  • Camouflage Poncho (currently in private cabin on ship)
  • [Female Twi'lek] Earbud Comlink (concealed in ear: DC 33 Perception check to spot)
  • Hypoinjector Wristband (worn)
  • Miniatureized Survival Knife (sheathed on thigh)
    • Fire Paste (in miniaturized survival knife hilt)
  • Hip Holster (in secured locker in private cabin on ship)
    • Chuq-Chuk (in Hip Holster)
      • Retractable Stock
      • Bipod
      • Rangefinder
      • Targeting Scope
  • Concealed Shoulder Holster
    • Saturday Night Special (DC 23 Perception check to spot)
  • Cutsom Synth-Leather Utility Belt
    • Pocket 1: Snap Baton
    • Pocket 2: Flash Suppressor/Silencer, Medisensor, Recording Unit: Audio & Video
    • Pocket 3: Half a roll of Mesh Tape, , Liquid Cable Dispenser
    • Pocket 4: Ammo Clip (20 rounds), Ammo Clip (20 stun rounds), Ammo Clip (10 rounds)
    • Pocket 5: makeup kit, hygiene kit, perfume
    • Pocket 6: Ration Pack x3, Personal Multitool
    • Pocket 7: Medpac, Antitoxin Patch
    • Pocket 8: Flash Canister
    • Pocket 9: Smoke Grenade
    • Hooked on Belt: 1 liter condensing canteen w/built-in water purification
  • Lectro Yookoo'Lele (in carrying case on shoulder strap)
  • Field Kit (in private cabin on ship)
    • condensing canteen w/built-in water purification
    • sunshield roll
    • ration packs x28
    • glowrod x2
    • breath mask x2, filter x24, atmospheric canister x12
    • synthrope
    • survival knife
    • half a roll of mesh tape
Edited by Wizard of the Coat (see edit history)
Name
Gather Information Check (without bonuses from other PCs)
1d20+8 13

spacer.png
Jal-Visas Frezi
Miraluka, Scoundrel 1/ Jedi 2
HP:39/39, Condition: Normal.
Damage Threshold: 13
Defenses: Fort 14, Ref 16, Will 16
Force Points: 6 of 6, Destiny Points: 1

Moving his head in turn to the flow of conversation around his table, Jal's mind instead is sweeping the cantina on the look out for trouble or anyone interesting. Nodding and agreeing with the good questions being asked to keep up the pretense of being engaged with the conversation at hand to any one watching them.

spacer.png"What do you mean?!" he asked, genuinely shocked she would suggest such a thing. "I-i-i-i know how to hold my drink! Just because I live in the gutter now doesn't mean I'm just going to... to... to..." The beggar began to wave his hands around in front of him. "Look, I want to live okay? But maybe I could use that money to get a warm place to sleep? Rent's not cheap!"

The Viceroy seemed both dejected and nervous. "You can trust me, okay? Listen, okay, you're right, I'm just a nobody. No one believes I'm the Viceroy and that I'm being hunted. I take care of me. It's okay, okay? Listen, I'll take your two-fifty and I'll tell you who has the real information you want, okay?"

The waitress, taking orders and trying to act like she couldn't hear the conversation, finally looked down at the money Tetra had given her and blinked a few times. "He's not lying," she said, leaning closer. "I'll make sure he doesn't drown, but if he's about to tell you what I think he is, it's what you want. But be careful what you wish for, it might try to kill you in your sleep," she said, genuine concern in her tone. She stood up and acted normal, "I'll get those orders in and throw in an appetizer." She then walked to another table.

In the distance a rumble emerged like thunder that got louder and louder. Then it became obvious it was multiple roars as people on bikes went passed the bar's front windows. Soon it was obvious they were circling the building.

The bartender looked warily at the door and reached under the counter smoothly. "Vipers," he cursed.

Events

RC-9738 "Shade"

Shade listens, head cocked, to the sound of the bikes circling the building, then looks over at the bartender. Vipers? Something tells me he doesn't mean snakes.

Helmet on, Shade checks his blaster rifle to make sure it's ready to go, but holds it beneath the table. He had a feeling he'd need to use it in the next few minutes.

OOC

Nina Veldii - a.k.a. Steel Nina Twi'lek Backwater Bounty Hunter

Init +3 | Perception +7 (Low-light Vision) | Basic, Ryl, Huttese, Bocce | Persuasion +3 | Deception +8 | Gather Info +8 | Stealth +13 | Deceptive | Seducer

Fort 18 | Ref 17 | Will 15 | HP 41/41 | DT 18 | CT 0 -1 -2 -5 -10 H | FP 6/6 |TFP 0/1 | Credits 235 | Sport Hunter | Point Blank Shot | Improved Stealth | Precise Shot

SteelNinaTwilekAIRendering.jpg.6c39a2b1fb4f3e9edff48464c5d58e2e.jpgNina counted out ten one hundred credit chits onto the table before her. "I believe, Viceroy, that we're about to be interrupted," she said, forcing a relaxed confidence into her low, lilting voice. "If you wish the credits, we must expedite our transaction. Now, tell me your information, and the one hundred credits are yours. As we've agreed: if we like what we hear, I'll put another one hundred and fifty credits into your hands. And if and when we conform your info, another two hundred and fifty."

As she spoke, the twi'lek continued her gentle strumming, creating ethereal chords strung together in lullaby. She wanted to join her companions in preparing for trouble, but her instincts and training told her to keep up the act and trust her team to be ready for combat if and when everything went sideways.

OOC

Main Hand -

Off Hand -

Actions

Action: Persuasion check to smooth over any possible bad impression that may have resulted from Tetra's "all look alike" joke.

Swift Action

Move Action

Possible Reaction

Effects/Conditions

Statblock

Twi'lek Female Scout 2 Scoundrel 1

Destiny Points 0 Dark Side Score 0

Str 10 Dex 14 Con 14 Int 12 Wis 12 Cha 14

Skills Athletics +6, Deception +8, Gather Information +8, Perception +7, Stealth +13/+18, Survival +7

Speed 6

Melee +1 Snap Baton (2d4+1 bludgeoning)

Ranged +4 Chuq-chuk (2d12+2 piercing), +4 Saturday Night Special (3d6+2 piercing)

Equipment

• All-Temperature Outfit (worn): zippered all-temperature low-cut t-shirt, all-temperature stretch pants, all-temperature crop jacket with hood in large zippered collar, all-temperature stretch neck gaiter (in jacket pocket), all-temperature gloves, all-temperature hiking boots, polarized sunglasses (in jacket pocket)
  • Camouflage Poncho (currently in private cabin on ship)
  • [Female Twi'lek] Earbud Comlink (concealed in ear: DC 33 Perception check to spot)
  • Hypoinjector Wristband (worn)
  • Miniatureized Survival Knife (sheathed on thigh)
    • Fire Paste (in miniaturized survival knife hilt)
  • Hip Holster (in secured locker in private cabin on ship)
    • Chuq-Chuk (in Hip Holster)
      • Retractable Stock
      • Bipod
      • Rangefinder
      • Targeting Scope
  • Concealed Shoulder Holster
    • Saturday Night Special (DC 23 Perception check to spot)
  • Cutsom Synth-Leather Utility Belt
    • Pocket 1: Snap Baton
    • Pocket 2: Flash Suppressor/Silencer, Medisensor, Recording Unit: Audio & Video
    • Pocket 3: Half a roll of Mesh Tape, , Liquid Cable Dispenser
    • Pocket 4: Ammo Clip (20 rounds), Ammo Clip (20 stun rounds), Ammo Clip (10 rounds)
    • Pocket 5: makeup kit, hygiene kit, perfume
    • Pocket 6: Ration Pack x3, Personal Multitool
    • Pocket 7: Medpac, Antitoxin Patch
    • Pocket 8: Flash Canister
    • Pocket 9: Smoke Grenade
    • Hooked on Belt: 1 liter condensing canteen w/built-in water purification
  • Lectro Yookoo'Lele (in carrying case on shoulder strap)
  • Field Kit (in private cabin on ship)
    • condensing canteen w/built-in water purification
    • sunshield roll
    • ration packs x28
    • glowrod x2
    • breath mask x2, filter x24, atmospheric canister x12
    • synthrope
    • survival knife
    • half a roll of mesh tape
Edited by Wizard of the Coat (see edit history)

aqGuYEN.jpeg.ae009cff44dd8f8d55f769cd45e578d7.jpeg
Zen Solen
Soldier
HP 48/48, Condition Normal
Damage Threshold 13
Defenses: Fort 13, Ref 16, Will 12
Force Points x, Destiny Points x

As Zen watched the Rodian take off he slipped out his blaster under the table and kept it in his lap at the ready. For some reason he just never trusted Rodians. He wasn't xenophobic it was just something about Rodians and Hutts. He shrugged to himself as he thought about it but there were quite a few species in the galaxy that just seemed to gravitate towards the untrustable type.

He was just getting ready to get Shade's attention when the sound of speeder bikes came roaring into the area. No need now he thought to himself figuring Shade would already be on guard with the sudden approach of speeders. Even if it had nothing to do with them chances were those bikes belonged to a gang or some underground criminal group. With this crew being so obviously new to the scene it would make them prime targets. So he looked directly at the bartender to see what demeanor he had going on before he moved his head in a way that he could see the door from his peripheral without staring at the door.

Tetra Terrabreaker

Tetra Terrabreaker

Watching the bartender reach under the bar was an all-too-familiar scene for Tetra. He was raised in a cantina on a Core world with an active underworld. It was the reason he started down the road of martial arts.

Stepping outside would give the riders an easy shot. The best bet would be to wait. Though, he did make his way to the side of the entrance, ready to pounce.

spacer.pngThe Viceroy took the chits and nodded, sensing the impending danger the bikes represented. He looked pathetic as he clawed at them too quickly. "Yes, of course! Thank you!" he said, flinching again as the bikes revved loudly and several swoops parked in front of the establishment.

"You want Raden," he said in a quieter voice, obviously concerned with the front windows. "Warrick Raden, but for the last few years he's been going by Womp Rat. Punk teenager Devaronian. Spends time around town but I don't know where. Works for... Him. The one you're looking for." 

He paused to whisper, "Darga," with a hand covering his mouth. "Is that good enough for you? Please, she's coming and she always makes me leave," he spilled, ending with a pleading look.

The doors to the front of the shop opened as the bartender tensed up. Tetra and Shade both took note of his arm ready to pull out whatever he had under the counter--he seemed to be shaking a little, or perhaps twitching in anticipation. In walked a tall, slim Human woman covered in mismatched leathers sewn together and piecemeal Imperial armor plating; a pauldron, a gauntlet, a waist piece... Her face was a mess of scars from several lacerations and at least one burn, the skin partially melted over her right eye. Her hair was shaved haphazardly with wisps of long hair threads floating in the wind. Hard green eyes stared out at the patrons as they got used to the darkness. Lazily a rifle dangled from the crook of an arm.

"I don't want any trouble now," the bartender said as he met her eyes. The woman laughed in an annoyingly high-pitch. "Trouble? Me, trouble?" she asked as if offended. Two more leather-clad, blaster-touting goons stepped inside; the Rodian from before and another Human, this one male and built as though made of ferrocrete bricks.

"Nah, I'm not here for trouble, Krett. You know what I want," she said, as her eyes locked on the group of new arrivals. "They haven't paid the entry fee," she added, pointing vaguely at Shade, Jal, and Nina. More engines revved along with the cackles of crazed swoop bikers. The woman's eyes landed on the Viceroy. "I see you still have a soft spot for that stink rag, Krett," she said with a grin that revealed her teeth had all been filed down to points. Again she laughed in an annoying way. In return he shrank down and tried to hide behind Nina.

"Ten minutes, and then I wanna have a chat. After that and we'll bring the trouble inside!" she called from the front of the bar to the back, eyeing Tetra and Zen. The woman sneered and backed away slowly, never turning her back as she walked back outside. The two goons quickly followed. More revving and hollering came as several bikes started doing donuts on the streetscape.

Events

RC-9738 "Shade"

Shade grunted after the woman left. "Shake down of the newcomers, eh?" Shade adjusted the power selector on his blaster for autofire, as he felt that the higher rate of fire would be better for taking down swoop bikes. He'd noted that Rodian leaving, and wondered whether he worked for Darga. It looked like he was part of these Vipers, although the Vipers might work for the Hutt. No guarantee they weren't. "We want to handle them outside so the cantina doesn't get shot up, or have everyone run out the back, set up for the gang, and compensate the owner for the damage afterwards?"

OOC

Tetra Terrabreaker

Tetra Terrabreaker

"Are we also going to compensate him for losing business?" He punched his first together. "Nah, we take this outside. However, that does give them far too clear of a shot. We don't want to walk right into the kill zone."