Ch.2 - A Wretched Hive - Cato Neimoidia

Nina Veldii - a.k.a. Steel Nina Twi'lek Backwater Bounty Hunter

Init +3 | Perception +7 (Low-light Vision) | Basic, Ryl, Huttese, Bocce | Persuasion +3 | Deception +8 | Gather Info +8 | Stealth +13 | Deceptive | Seducer

Fort 18 | Ref 17 | Will 15 | HP 41/41 | DT 18 | CT 0 -1 -2 -5 -10 H | FP 6/6 |TFP 0/1 | Credits 235 | Sport Hunter | Point Blank Shot | Improved Stealth | Precise Shot

SteelNinaTwilekAIRendering.jpg.6c39a2b1fb4f3e9edff48464c5d58e2e.jpg"Good enough." Nina told the viceroy, the lectro yookoo'lele gently singing.

Before she could reach for the remainder of the Viceroy's payment, the front doors opened.

Seeing the intruder, and without missing a beat, Nina literally changed her tune. The lectro yookoo'lele came to life, filling the cantina with the new and widely overplayed Imperial march as the tall Human woman in the mismatched armor made her entrance. Played on the yookoo'lele, the effect was comical.

And then it was gone, the twi'lek having played only three bar of the march--just enough for easy recognition.

Nina's strumming softened, another gentle tune with deep neimoidian roots. Softly, very softly the twi'lek sang to her own accompaniment. Not loud enough to stop her team mates from overhearing the exchange between Krett and the Viper.

"Tall and tan and young and lovely
The girl from Neimoidia goes walking
And when she passes, each one she passes goes "ah!"

Voice, melody, and lyrics came together, hauntingly enchanting, alluring. A tale of longing and beauty. A sharp counterpoint to the ruined face and voice of the speederbike gangster woman.

Nina made an end of her singing when the annoying woman finally made her exit. "I thought she'd never leave."

Leaving the combat planning to her companions, the twi'lek turned back to the Viceroy. "Your information is of interest to us, Viceroy, which means you've got another one hundred and fifty credits due before we finish our meals and leave for the night. But before that happens, we're going outside to... negotiate with the Vipers. It would be in your best interest to tell us what you know of them--to increase the chance that we survive the negotiations and return to pay you."

Her gentle tune continued as she waited for the Viceroy's reply.

OOC

Main Hand -

Off Hand -

Actions

Action: Persuasion check to smooth over any possible bad impression that may have resulted from Tetra's "all look alike" joke.

Swift Action

Move Action

Possible Reaction

Effects/Conditions

Statblock

Twi'lek Female Scout 2 Scoundrel 1

Destiny Points 0 Dark Side Score 0

Str 10 Dex 14 Con 14 Int 12 Wis 12 Cha 14

Skills Athletics +6, Deception +8, Gather Information +8, Perception +7, Stealth +13/+18, Survival +7

Speed 6

Melee +1 Snap Baton (2d4+1 bludgeoning)

Ranged +4 Chuq-chuk (2d12+2 piercing), +4 Saturday Night Special (3d6+2 piercing)

Equipment

• All-Temperature Outfit (worn): zippered all-temperature low-cut t-shirt, all-temperature stretch pants, all-temperature crop jacket with hood in large zippered collar, all-temperature stretch neck gaiter (in jacket pocket), all-temperature gloves, all-temperature hiking boots, polarized sunglasses (in jacket pocket)
  • Camouflage Poncho
  • [Female Twi'lek] Earbud Comlink (concealed in ear: DC 33 Perception check to spot)
  • Hypoinjector Wristband (worn)
  • Miniatureized Survival Knife (sheathed on thigh)
    • Fire Paste (in miniaturized survival knife hilt)
  • Hip Holster (concealed in field kit pack)
    • Chuq-Chuk (concealed in musical instrument case)
      • Retractable Stock
      • Bipod
      • Rangefinder
      • Targeting Scope
  • Concealed Shoulder Holster
    • Saturday Night Special (DC 23 Perception check to spot)
  • Cotsum Synth-Leather Utility Belt
    • Pocket 1: Snap Baton
    • Pocket 2: Flash Suppressor/Silencer, Medisensor, Recording Unit: Audio & Video
    • Pocket 3: Half a roll of Mesh Tape, , Liquid Cable Dispenser
    • Pocket 4: Ammo Clip (20 rounds), Ammo Clip (20 stun rounds), Ammo Clip (10 rounds)
    • Pocket 5: makeup kit, hygiene kit, perfume
    • Pocket 6: Ration Pack x3, Personal Multitool
    • Pocket 7: Medpac, Antitoxin Patch
    • Pocket 8: Flash Canister
    • Pocket 9: Smoke Grenade
    • Hooked on Belt: 1 liter condensing canteen w/built-in water purification
  • Lectro Yookoo'Lele (in carrying case on shoulder strap)
  • Field Kit (on ship)
    • condensing canteen w/built-in water purification
    • sunshield roll
    • ration packs x28
    • glowrod x2
    • breath mask x2, filter x24, atmospheric canister x12
    • synthrope
    • survival knife
    • half a roll of mesh tape
  • Backpack (from Field Kit)
    • twi'lek dancing girl (entertainer's) outfits
    • formal dress
    • casual clothes
    • dancing slippers
Edited by Wizard of the Coat (see edit history)

spacer.png
Jal-Visas Frezi
Miraluka, Scoundrel 1/ Jedi 2
HP:39/39, Condition: Normal.
Damage Threshold: 13
Defenses: Fort 14, Ref 16, Will 16
Force Points: 6 of 6, Destiny Points: 1

Noticing the woman enter, Jal turns his attention to her and senses her being. Frowning from under his hood, the woman obviously sought to be intimidating despite the fact that all she seemed to do was annoy the team. 'Hmm she didn't read us very well if she thought a blunt shakedown was in order'

"Lets not jump to conclusions friends, all she said was she wanted to chat, so lets just go chat. I'm sure she is just confused and we can persuade her otherwise he says tapping his head. Unless we want to draw unnecessary attention to ourselves, like making a statement to get Darga's attention? But remember the Empire are here even if not close by and I for one don't want to get on their radar so soon."

Tetra Terrabreaker

Tetra Terrabreaker

Tetra held a finger up, "We want to draw necessary attention. So long as we..." He pointed between him and Jal, "Don't do our thing... We'll be fine if a biker gang can shake down new arrivals." He side-eyes the front door, "They're pretty loud."

aqGuYEN.jpeg.ae009cff44dd8f8d55f769cd45e578d7.jpeg
Zen Solen
Soldier
HP 48/48, Condition Normal
Damage Threshold 13
Defenses: Fort 13, Ref 16, Will 12
Force Points x, Destiny Points x

He kept his demeanor calm as the woman walked in. As she demanded a fee he smirked while under the table he had his blaster firmly in hand waiting for her to approach. After she left his face defaulted to his usual serious look. "We could use the door as cover one on either side firing on them maybe there's a back exit a few others can use to swing around?" Zen said while looking at Shade, his weapon still hidden under the table.

Events

RC-9738 "Shade"

Reflex 20 (FF 16) | Fort 15 | Will 15 | DT 15 | HP: 43/43 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8 | Force Points 6/6 | Destiny Points 3 | Features | Conditions

Shade frowned under his helmet as the others discussed their options. "I don't think she's confused about anything. If a gang is willing to operate so openly as to walk into a business to try and shake down the newcomers, that tells me that the Imperial authorities aren't keeping a tight grip on the planet. Any fight between us and them is just as likely to result in them chalking it up as gang violence. That noise outside," here he indicated the swoops doing donuts, "means they aren't worried about any sort of law enforcement coming down on them. If you want to try talking, Jal, that's fine, but I think Zen and I setting up in the doorway to provide covering fire from there will be necessary once the shooting starts."

OOC

combat-medic-droid.png.94169ed1860ec579dfa48ad6f3bc35a5.png
EM-AI Medical Droid
Droid (1st Degree) Technician
HP 26/26, Condition Normal
Damage Threshold 13
Defences: Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 17
Force Points 5 (1), Destiny Points 0
Lang: Basic, Binary, Bocce, Bothan,
Geonosian, Huttese

Remy analyzes the situation in terms of tactical advantage, risk management, and mission objectives. If the team is fortified and has a good defensive position inside, staying put and preparing for an indoor confrontation would likely be the best strategy. This would allow Remy and the team to control the engagement on their terms, using the building as a tactical advantage to reduce the risk and possibly negotiate or find an alternative solution to the standoff.

"Unless there's a clear tactical advantage to going outside, such as an escape route or a way to neutralize the threat quickly, staying inside and preparing for a defensive engagement would be the more strategic option, allowing us to maximize our strengths and minimize exposure to the gang's potential firepower."

"However, this may indeed do considerable damage to the cantina in which we reside, which would not engender us to the locals. A show of power now would set us up as a force to be reckoned with, and if we do not operate in a position of power, other gangs might also like to take 'pot' shots at us."

"Tactically my processes calculate that one of us should go out, and confront the gang, in a manner of calm, treating them as beneath us, and give them an ultimate to leave or suffer the consequences, and tell them to leave a couple of bikes, we could do with the transport. whilst I understand this is a high risk, with the percentages being" he stops here and then resumes "Information withheld" the voice is Remy's but more basic "the rewards would be strategically important" his normal voice continues

Edited by 8w_gremlin (see edit history)

Those thinking tactically began to look at the front of the building for cover opportunities. The door frame itself was skinny slats of metal with large windows to all sides. Shade and Zen both immediately realized there would be no cover to be had as the windows would likely not stop a single bolt of plasma.

The only way to create cover would be to flip tables and shove them against the glass.

OOC

I'll get a map mocked up of the area tonight but the room you are in is essentially a lengthwise rectangle with the door on one of the short sides. The bar and kitchen run along one of the long sides. You are currently sat ~2/3 of the way into the building.

spacer.pngAs the conversation took place--or more accurately a biker started barking orders--the beggar had ducked in order to not be singled out. Nina's words brought him up off the floor a little.

"Kessra is her name. I think she got the burns from the war, trying to defend the city. But the scars... That's all from her being tough or whatever. She's picking fights every other day it seems. The Vipers rule the streets with as much violence as the deem necessary. The Imperials don't interfere so were stuck in the middle. I don't know if she's with...Him...or not." He peeked over the edge of the cushion.

"Mean as the Void. Like a snake that poisons you as it dies, out of spite. She's got a temper and doesn't like to be told what do but also a sick humor. Unpredictable. Probably drugs. I don't like her," he finished.

Init +3 | Perception +7 (Low-light Vision) | Basic, Ryl, Huttese, Bocce | Persuasion +3 | Deception +8 | Gather Info +8 | Stealth +13 | Deceptive | Seducer

Fort 18 | Ref 17 | Will 15 | HP 41/41 | DT 18 | CT 0 -1 -2 -5 -10 H | FP 6/6 |TFP 0/1 | Credits 235 | Sport Hunter | Point Blank Shot | Improved Stealth | Precise Shot

SteelNinaTwilekAIRendering.jpg.6c39a2b1fb4f3e9edff48464c5d58e2e.jpgNina nodded approvingly to the Viceroy's information about Kessra and her gang. Most of it she had already surmised, but confirmation was always appreciated. "I don't like her either," she agreed. "You should go now," she told the neimoidian, "hide in some other part of the cantina until we come back with the rest of your payment."

After the Viceroy's departure, the twi'lek turned to her companions, her voice pleasantly thoughtful, speaking to herself as much as the others. "I think I'm going outside to have a word with Kessra. Mostly, I need to ascertain her relationship to the Hutt."

Nina strummed a pleasant chord on the yookoo'lele, her words speculative as she developed her deception. "Our cover story goes like this. I'm one of the hutt's all-time favorite slaves: a singing dancing sensation, and an effective negotiator and envoy."

She looked to her companions, her words coming more confidently. "If Kessra is allied with or employed by the Hutt, the rest of the story goes like this. I was stolen years ago--before the hutt came to this planet--by one of his rivals. All of you rescued me from the rival, I told you who I was and my relationship to the hutt, and you decided there might be a reward for returning me. But of course, we would never tell lowlifes like the Vipers about this stuff, because they'd likely take me and claim the reward for themselves."

Nina waited for at least a few head-nods of confirmation before continuing. "And if Kessra is the Hutt's enemy or competitor, the rest of the story instead goes like this. I wasn't stolen years ago--I was given to a rival in order to close an important deal. The rest of you rescued me from the rival. I told you who I was and my relationship to the hutt. But years of mistreatment by the rival filled me with cold hatred for the hutt. Now I want payback. Happily for all of you, I know things about the hutt; and before I was sold out, I'd taken precautions--an insurance policy so to speak. Maybe I planted a backdoor into his chief security droid's software, maybe I know an override password to his main treasure safe, maybe his majordomo was in love with me. Whatever the details, they were good enough to convince the rest of you that we can sneak in to the hutt's hidey-hole, wreck his security, rob him blind, and get away."

"But regardless of which story we use, we're just here on the planet looking for the Hutt, not really sharing why. If pressed we might say something vague, like, we have a gift for him. And if our backs are pushed to the wall and we've got no other choice, we'll tell the vipers our secret. And if we chose the wrong story and they react poorly, we'll switch to the other story."

The twilek looked to her companions. She guessed she'd produced much more cover story than some of them thought necessary. But deception ran in her blood, and she'd been trained in the art--furthering her natural talent. That thought took her back to her days at the Training House, she could almost hear Iya Igba's lecturing tone. A well-crafted deception includes three key features. First, it increases your power over the target or situation. Second, it is easily adaptable to the evolving situation. And third, when fully revealed, it explains to those who might have sensed your dishonesty why you were withholding the truth, easing their suspicions.

The steel-blue female surreptitiously drew her concealed holdout slugthrower pistol and tucked it into her belt at her toned belly--beneath the edge of the table. Turning to Remy, she asked, "Will you watch my pack and chuq-chuk while I go out there?"

At the droid's response, she address everyone at the table. "So do some of you need to get into position before I go out there? Or do I go out there to draw their attention so that you can get into position?"

With the plans finalized, Nina rose from the table, softly picking the strings of her yookoo'lele--which now concealed the hold-out pistol at her belly. The sounds were both soothing and perky--like windswept raindrops pinging against the corrugated durasteel rooftops of frontier planets.

OOC

Main Hand -

Off Hand -

Actions

Action: Persuasion check to smooth over any possible bad impression that may have resulted from Tetra's "all look alike" joke.

Swift Action

Move Action

Possible Reaction

Effects/Conditions

Statblock

Skills Athletics +6, Deception +8, Gather Information +8, Perception +7, Stealth +13/+18, Survival +7

Speed 6

Ranged +4 Chuq-chuk (2d12+2 piercing), +4 Saturday Night Special (3d6+2 piercing)

Equipment

• All-Temperature Outfit (worn): zippered all-temperature low-cut t-shirt, all-temperature stretch pants, all-temperature crop jacket with hood in large zippered collar, all-temperature stretch neck gaiter (in jacket pocket), all-temperature gloves, all-temperature hiking boots, polarized sunglasses (in jacket pocket)
  • Camouflage Poncho
  • [Female Twi'lek] Earbud Comlink (concealed in ear: DC 33 Perception check to spot)
      • Retractable Stock
      • Bipod
      • Rangefinder
      • Targeting Scope
    • Pocket 2: Flash Suppressor/Silencer, Medisensor, Recording Unit: Audio & Video
    • Pocket 4: Ammo Clip (20 rounds), Ammo Clip (20 stun rounds), Ammo Clip (10 rounds)
  • Field Kit (on ship)
    • sunshield roll
    • ration packs x28
    • glowrod x2
    • synthrope
    • survival knife
    • formal dress
    • casual clothes
    • dancing slippers
Edited by Wizard of the Coat (see edit history)

EM-AI Medical Droid
Damage Threshold 13
Geonosian, Huttese

Remy, head swivels and locks on to focusing on Nina as she prepares to confront the biker gang, and processes her request with the efficiency and precision typical of his programming. Although as a droid he lacks the capability to feel emotions such as honour, his advanced programming allows him to recognize the significance of the trust she places in him. "Affirmative, Nina. I will ensure the safety of your belongings," he responds, his voice steady and devoid of inflexion, yet imbued with the reliability and steadfastness that his team has come to rely upon. he deftly swings the belongings onto his back and secures them.

As Nina steps out to face the gang, Remy manoeuvres himself closer to the door, maintaining a strategic position that allows him to monitor her progress. His sensors alert, ready to provide assistance or initiate defensive measures if the situation escalates beyond the cantina's threshold.

Events

RC-9738 "Shade"

Reflex 20 (FF 16) | Fort 15 | Will 15 | DT 15 | HP: 43/43 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8 | Force Points 6/6 | Destiny Points 3 | Features | Conditions

Shade shook his head. "I don't know about this. Seems like there's a lot that can go wrong. If they're just looking to shake us down, coming out guns blazing and hitting them in the mouth might make them back off. We've already got a name for the person we're trying to find. If you really want to try this, though, don't do it solo. I'll go out with you. Jal, why don't you come, too?" Maybe the Jedi would be able to further talk the Vipers down. You never knew.

OOC

SteelNinaTwilekAIRendering.jpg.6c39a2b1fb4f3e9edff48464c5d58e2e.jpgNina caught Shade's eye as they headed to the exit. "Thanks," she said, "for coming even though you think it's a bad idea."

OOC

Main Hand -

Off Hand -

Actions

Swift Action

Move Action

Possible Reaction

Effects/Conditions

Statblock

Speed 6

Equipment

• Camouflage Poncho
      • Retractable Stock
      • Bipod
      • Rangefinder
      • Targeting Scope
  • Field Kit (on ship)
    • sunshield roll
    • ration packs x28
    • glowrod x2
    • synthrope
    • survival knife
    • formal dress
    • casual clothes
    • dancing slippers

spacer.png
Jal-Visas Frezi
Miraluka, Scoundrel 1/ Jedi 2
HP:39/39, Condition: Normal.
Damage Threshold: 13
Defenses: Fort 14, Ref 16, Will 16
Force Points: 6 of 6, Destiny Points: 1

"That's quite a yarn Nina, lets hope it doesn't trip us up" Jal makes for the door as the others jump to Nina's directions. Wondering where she produced the yookoo'lele from and why she's playing it. Seeing that Shade didn't quite get the whole tap the head signal, I guess he wasn't around to many Jedi during the War to see them 'persuade' people who were in their way. Yes Shade, as I said I'm all for talking this out first, I'm sure we can get her to speed off towards an easier target. I'd rather we draw attention on our terms, not someone else's. Either way, we should have a signal in case negotiations go south and we strike first, any ideas?"

The Viceroy nodded to Nina and made for the kitchen, ducking behind an edge of the bar. The bar tender looked from the beggar to Nina, Shade and Jal as they stood.

Outside Kessra waited, leaned against her sideways bike with a blaster rifle held lazily in her arms. Two of the Vipers were doing donuts and howling through the noise. The other three were driving back and forth across the street behind their leader. All of the bikes looked cobbled together from the wreckage of a dozen other speeders. No weapons were mounted on them but each gang member had a pistol on their leg or around their neck and a vibroblade in a boot or on their waist.

"Hey! HEY! SHUT UP!" the woman barked at the Vipers doing donuts and tricks, who immediately stopped.

"Bout time you showed up. I was about three seconds from shooting everyone through the windows!" Kessra taunted with a cackle. "Listen up and listen good. You're trespassin' here without a proper landing permit. Now I was nice and didn't ambush you and shoot ya dead." She mockingly shot at Shade, mouthing a noise like a toy gun firing. She again laughed with a kind of mania.

"You three--and all your scaredy-Blurrg friends in there--owe me a thousand creds. Each." The woman's tone was serious and yet casual enough to suggest she had been doing this for long enough that a thousand credits seemed reasonable.

EM-AI Medical Droid
Damage Threshold 13
Geonosian, Huttese
Remy moves to the side of the door, able to shoot out if need be, or close the distance to treat their team medically. As the woman spoke, Remy's subroutines flicked up a course of actions that reverberated in the droids matrix. "Nina: Initiate Hostile Negotiations... shoot her in the head, then ask who wants to negotiate next." Now if only he could patch into her comms somehow...

... He switches to their private comms line and passes the thought on to Nina.
all the while using his one new Communication Scanner to pick up any chatter, passing relevant data to the team.
Edited by 8w_gremlin (see edit history)