The Brazen Bull

spacer.png

spacer.png | HP 21/22 AC 1 (0 vs. Evil) DR 2 | Saves 16 (vs. all +2) | Speed 30' | React/Loyal +2 | Abilities | Combat
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

The paladin pursed her lips together and her head tilted, ever so slightly more as Morrull continued speaking. However, as the action took a turn for the worse, Luciana tried to grab at the falling sailor's form. If he was lost to gravity, the paladin would instead grunt and furrow her brow.

"Fine, but you better hold tight. This stuff is heavy and that's a long drop!" Luci barked at Magnus. There was no time to secure the rope to herself. She had to hope her strength would be enough. She did intend to sling her shield onto her back first before descending.

OOC

Round 2

I'm hoping to try a reaction type of thing to maybe catch Muireach, but I understand if he's already gone.

Next I guess I'm climbing down a rope in plate mail down a 50' cliff while holding a halberd... Do you want like a Strength Feat roll or something?

Name
Feat of Dexterity! 2:6
1d6 2

Posted (edited)

image.png.f5e4f593c1ad7723ab5884805b9e5d2d.png---------------------------------------------- Round Two --------------------------------------------------

Muireach leans a little too far trying to find the right angle to shoot, but when he releases the shaft he slips and falls over the side. Luciana, preparing to descend, attempts to grab him as he falls but alas gravity accelerates Muireach faster than her reflexes. The shallow water was not enough to cushion the budding adventurer and he cuts through the water head first and crashes his skull against the underwater boulders. Muscle spasms twitch his body and he goes still.

The snake strikes at Iodás again, this time the snake strikes true biting the warlock for 3 hps of damage and wrapping him in its scaly embrace.

Morrull releases and arrow, but the sudden envelopment of the Iodás causes the arrow to nearly hit the warlock. Zenobios show his expertise with the crossbow sinks another quarrel into the beast.

Iodás, cursing the creature, drives Luciana's sword straight into the eye of the snake, pushing the blade all the way through and out the other side of the head. The snake uncoils and writhes as its nervous system learns of its death.

Another cry is heard from the southwestern tunnel.

---------------------------------------------- End of Encounter ----------------------------------------

Snake is dead, and unfortunately so is Muireach.

What would you like to do at this point? There is a tunnel leaving to the north and southwest and a corpse on the northwestern ledge.

Edited by Saltimbanco (see edit history)
Name
Falling
5d6 4,4,4,4,5
Initiative P S
5; 6
1d6; 1d6 [5]; [5,6]
Snake attack
14; 3
1d20; 1d4 [14]; [14,3]
?
1d6 1

IMG_1873.png.06bc128a3cf622305658ac4f6bb081b1.png

Iodas wasn’t sure about Muireach’s religious practices, but he assumed ‘toss into snake pit’ was not their custom.

He untied himself from the rope and tied Muireach to the end of the rope. “All right, pull!”

Character sheet:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/8835-iodás-argos-ixian-warlock/

OOC:

Artagan/Morrull- Common Stock, Scout (2); THAC0 = 19

0a4e00a317d9bf372a7648b95a6401f4.jpgArmor AC: 5/4 | HP: 14/14 (d6) | Attributes | Speed, Saves, ATKs | Class Abilities | Thief Abilities | Languages | Special Effects |

Morrull takes the rope along with Magnus to assist with bringing Muireach back up to the group. He chants (possibly with Zenobios joining in).

Sunset and evening star,
      And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
      When I put out to sea,

But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
      Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
      Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell,
      And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
      When I embark;

For tho' from out our bourne of Time and Place
      The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
      When I have crost the bar.*

OOC

From the description, I hadn't realized that there might have been an opportunity to make a DEX attempt to prevent Muireach's fall: it seemed that he was over -- to MG's credit that she asked.

*In our world, by Alfred Lord Tennyson

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

0a4e00a317d9bf372a7648b95a6401f4.jpgArmor AC: 5/4 | HP: 14/14 (d6) | Attributes | Speed, Saves, ATKs | Class Abilities | Thief Abilities | Languages | Special Effects |

Considering how he impacted, Muireach is likely an unpleasant sight.

Morrull takes the winter blanket from his pack; lays Muireach's body on it; and covers the sailor. He cuts a few lines of rope to tie off and secure the blanket.

Zenobios? He'd probably say 'push on.' If you and I both live, though, we'll come back for him and put him to rest at sea as is the custom.

He looks to Zenobios for his response, prepared to take Muireach's body immediately, if Muireach's friend so indicated.

OOC

spacer.png

spacer.png | HP 21/22 AC 1 (0 vs. Evil) DR 2 | Saves 16 (vs. all +2) | Speed 30' | React/Loyal +2 | Abilities | Combat
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

There had been no need for the paladin's descent, and so she unprepared herself for the trek. Luciana helped haul Muireach's body back up and felt a heavy pang of sadness as Morrull's song was born. She wiped a tear away for him, nodding to the scout's sentiments.

"And come back for him we will, this I swear," she said, not being the first remains she'd see off to better means. Nor the last, likely.

The cry for help again drew her attention, and away from any blasphemous acts the warlock below might be up to.

IMG_1873.png.06bc128a3cf622305658ac4f6bb081b1.png

“Throw the rope back down! And a spare pack!” asked Iodás, while he washed the snake guts from the paladin’s sword. After packing the Snake filets, he rinsed his hands clean and tied the rope around himself.

He waited until the crew above was ready to take out the slack, and then he began to climb up the far side.

Character sheet:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/8835-iodás-argos-ixian-warlock/

OOC:

“Throw the rope back down! And a spare pack!”

Are you not going to explore around down there? If not, what was the point in going down in the first place?

OOC