The Brazen Bull

Artagan/Morrull- Common Stock, Scout (2); THAC0 = 19

image.png.496d9176f136affc4809bb3349ce4dd7.pngArmor AC: 5/4 | HP: 14/14 (d6) | Attributes | Speed, Saves, ATKs | Class Abilities | Thief Abilities | Languages | Special Effects |

"Xathoqqua's furry sac! Zen-boy. You okay?" Muireach shouts from above.

Artagan barely restrains himself from wedging the sailor into one of those holes and leaving him there for the vultures to feast upon.

Sufficing with a swift kick to the backside and a breathed, but emphatic, "silence, you fool, or you'll be Daemon Grub bait" the scout hastily looks around for any signs of hidden cubbies up here or loose bricks in a chimney.

OOC

So we're actually on the roof, not in a loft amongst the rafters?

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

spacer.png

spacer.png | HP 21/22 AC 1 (0 vs. Evil) DR 2 | Saves 16 (vs. all +2) | Speed 30' | React/Loyal +2 | Abilities | Combat
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

A hiss was exhaled as the man went down, blood fresh on the paladin's face. Luciana kicked the man's dagger away and knelt down over his throat. Her intention was to give him room to breath but little else. Her blade came down against his throat along her leg in preparation for needing to threaten him.

As a voice came from above, Luci's warmind shook and she recalled Zenobios' terrible wound. "Now is not your time," she said, turning her head to brush a hand across his cheek gently. Healing energy suffused into his skin, bringing him hopefully to consciousness.

OOC

Using 2 points of Lay on Hands to heal Zeno.

The light of Artemis enters Zenobios' body, allowing some of the wounds to knit just enough to stop the bleeding but he remains unconscious.

Muireach asks, "Who we hiding from. We best get down there." He suggests, but doesn't make a move.

Naitol groans and starts to move his hands a little bit.

Venutios looks like he is about to cry.

So we're actually on the roof, not in a loft amongst the rafters?

I guess I never really said. I suppose you can be if you want.

image.png.496d9176f136affc4809bb3349ce4dd7.pngArmor AC: 5/4 | HP: 14/14 (d6) | Attributes | Speed, Saves, ATKs | Class Abilities | Thief Abilities | Languages | Special Effects |

"Who we hiding from. We best get down there." 

Look, sorry for the kick there: I understand Zenobios is your shipmate, but there are a few things. You never know when or from whom stealth might be the key to success or, indeed, the saving of your life. For a scout, or a thi ... er ... an infiltrator ..., it is a way of life. So constant awareness and self-control have to be practiced until they become habitual.

Unwary motions or actions; lack of situational awareness; or ... or emotional outbursts might mean the end of Muireach and Artagan. It only takes one mistake at the wrong time, he concluded his homily, and, trying to put words to actions, again looked around.

The scout's words were an attempt to be encouraging; after all, Muireach was new to this sort of thing. His eyes were still hard, however: in a grim and deadly world, there might not be many opportunities to learn from mistakes.

OOC

I assume then, that Artagan's quick look about the roof or loft doesn't reveal anything of interest?

spacer.png

spacer.png | HP 21/22 AC 1 (0 vs. Evil) DR 2 | Saves 16 (vs. all +2) | Speed 30' | React/Loyal +2 | Abilities | Combat

Relief washed across Luciana's face for a moment as Zenobios became stable. She felt the other man trying to shake his stun so she leaned against his collarbone with her leg. Her blade, long in need of a sharpening, laid near his throat. "Don't," she warned, shaking her head as he came to and looked around.

"Where's Ardoros? Teen boy with long black hair. Think carefully," she said sternly, locking her eyes on his.

Posted (edited)

image.png.1c0857026227834a6367b6397020b73a.pngNaitol comes to a little bit, but his eyes remain unfocused. He sees the blade and the Moor paladin, then notices the sword on his neck.

"A-bah, a-bah. Who? They're here!" He shouts. "Run for it!" His eyes dart about wildly.

Venutios' starts to break down, crying, "It's gone. All gone. They smoked it!" Then it dawns on him what Luciana is asking about.

"Oh shit." Then he starts running towards the exit to the south.

You win initiative so you have a chance to stop him. If Iodás or Zalven want to try roll a d20 and add your strength attack modifier if you want to grapple him.

Otherwise I may have to break out my Pathfinder chase deck 😄

Edited by Saltimbanco (see edit history)
Name
Initiative to stop him P V
5; 2
1d6; 1d6 [5]; [5,2]

spacer.pngZalven Tainos - Illusionist of the First Order, Adherent of the Gleaming Eye

HP: 5/5 | AC: 8 | SV: 16 | Class Abilities | Gear | Sorcery | Character Sheet

Zalven has spent the last several minutes looking for clues and other ways to help, since his skill with weapons is not well-established in this or any reality.

Seeing the fleeing ne'er-do-well running toward the door he finds himself near, he finds himself having to act fast, trying to find some way to stop the man who clearly doesn't want to stick around for further questioning.

Instead, he just manages to flail about wildly, apparently in some sort of a panic himself.

Attributes & Stats

Attributes & Stats

Strength (ST)

• Att. Mod (Melee): +0
  • Dmg Adj: +0
  • Test of ST: 2:6
  • Ex Feat of ST: 4%

Dexterity (DX)

• Att. Mod (missile): +1
  • Defence Adj: +1
  • Test of DX: 3:6
  • Ex Feat of DX: 24%

Constitution (CN)

• HP Adj: +1
  • Poison/Rad. Adj: 0
  • Trauma Survival: 80%
  • Test of CN: 3:6
  • Ex Feat of CN: 8%

Intelligence (IN)

• Languages: +2
  • Bonus Spells: Lv. 3
  • Learn New Spell: 85%

Wisdom (WS)

• Willpower Adj: 0
  • Bonus Spells: N/A
  • Learn New Spell: N/A

Charisma (CH)

• Reaction/Loyalty Adj: 0
  • Max. Henchmen: 4
  • Undead Turning Adj: 0
OOC

Sure, why not?

That'll be a flat d20 check for S's and G's.

-edit-
And my dice-rolling history continues to check out.

Edited by VennDygrem (see edit history)
Name
Strength check
1d20 5

Posted (edited)

Venutios attempts to red-rover his way between Zalven and Iodás, but while Zalven misses his grab, Iodás snatches him, causing a loud crack and suddenly Venutios' neck is tilted in the other direction.

"Let go of me you Ixian freak!" Venutios shouts at Iodás as he struggles in the grip.

Naitol squirms and gives a profane shout about Luciana's heritage and grabs Luciana's blade, shouting in pain as he tries to wrestle it away. Blood seeps between his fingers as he pulls, yanking against the paladin's grip.

I gave the avoidance save to see how badly he would roll. With a 2, Iodás has the option to choke him for 1d2-1 damage (I'd allow the strength damage modifier to add to that). I also made a morale check to see if he gives up. He made it so keeps struggling.

Luciana, make a Test of Strength but treat your Strength test score as one higher, so 5:6. I treated his as one lower because he was grabbing the blade.

Name
Avoidance save
1d20 2
Morale
2d6 1,1
Naitol morale
2d6 4,5
Naitol grab
1d20 14
damage
1d4 3
Naitol test of strength
1d6 2

spacer.png

"Gods! You are truly gripped by Krimmr!" Luciana cursed as the man fought her blade. His blood-soaked hands made her cringe as she tried to hold him down.

"You'll lose your fingers you damned fool!" she barked, handily keeping him against the floor.

OOC

I think that succeeded? Or did I need a 1 to do "better" than his 2?

Name
Strength! 5:6
1d6 2

As there appears to be nothing of interest up here on the roof (or wherever), A&M will make their way back down as it looks like the Party could use some more hands.

Artagan would offer to fashion some bindings for one or both of our 'captives.'

His secondary skill is roper if that matters regarding how well the bindings are fashioned.

OOC

Posted (edited)

Luciana and Naitol each tug on the sword, the large paladin clearly stronger than the drug-addict, but surprisingly not by much as he squeeze hard, shocking her with his frenzy. The sword is pulled from her grip, but the man's hands are bleeding profusely. One of his pinkies appears to be only holding on the rest of the hand by a tendon. He growls at Luciana triumphantly,

“Eventually, you’re going to tell us what we want to know. So decide: talk now, or talk after a beating?”

Venutios stops struggling, staring at the Ixian's helmed visage. "Okay Okay! He's down there," pointing at the crate. "The- they gives us lotus in exchange for luring people in here and giving them lotus until they pass out. Then they collect them and take them down there. I don't know what they do with them I just know that they pay will the good stuff." He smiles as if remembering the good stuff.

Artagan makes his way down with Muireach and begins to fashion some bonds for the two druggies. But first, you need to subdue old Naitol.

Muireach says, "Uhm, maybe I should go get Wu to heal up Zenny? Then we can watch these two while you go down?"

Name
Opposed Strength L vs N
6; 2
1d6; 1d6 [6]; [6,2]
finger damage to Naitol, rd 1, 2
4; 4
1d4; 1d4 [4]; [4,4]