Morgen Keep OOC

I should perhaps also note that, if one wishes, they may hop off the side of the staircase. It's safe enough to do, but will take up a Move Action to slide off the side safely and not tumble off.

Initiative Order
Ryzia - 18
Joren - 10
Acid Beasts - 9
Gwain/Fang - 9
Winter - 8

Map Link

It is the party's turn again. If you keep track of the init order, you don't need me to inform you every time.

@Faeryl_ Sorry if this isn't meant for me, or if it was what Gwain/Fang dynamic duo planned to do (and done). Basically, just armor boost and AoO if any beast is close to Fang (it wasn't so he sat first round out) As soon as Ryzia and Jorren do some stabbing and beasts do their thing Gwain will go into action followed by his wolf-looking pooch. I mean it does depend om Joren and beasties a lot but Gwain want to position himself so it gives Fand largest area of movement without losing AC

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

It's a message to all the PCs in this game. Nobody wants this mission to hang indefinitely as we all wait for some unknown signal. There's also the previous post I made on this page if you just wanted to get close.

It's not particularly important to me that everyone post "in order", so long as all PCs have had a chance to act before I post for the enemies again.

And that's why Gwain couldn't move he did both Deflection Fields for two of them and Barkskin by his order had to move but the only place Fand could move and attack would be tenuous to hold so I skipped this one. Meant to write that Fang is holding ready action, but with AoO seemed unnecessary. I understand you want a brisk pace and if you want me to post such things from now on no problem. I just wanted to cut down on posts that do nothing. My apologies if I stalled the game.

@darlis moonbeam in Final Damage I assume you meant crit Damage too. I just glanced at he formula you used an it's not right, while like words are correct and in right order hence it is not your mistake several of us were trying crit and I believe Steal made it by placing adding parts in parenthesis then multiplying them. And while his seemed to be correct (or the most correct of all) I naturally made 100% correct one by extra work. That is instead of 1d8+5 time three which would be my crit I say screw multiplication table and 3 times roll 1d8+5, then use the calculator to add results. It is 100% correct for only 125% more work 🤣

Jokes aside, yeah for crits parenthesis have to be used somewhere, and since I'm not sure where I do it old school

Due to the positioning of the enemies, it is currently impossible to flank them. Flanking in 3.5e requires you to be able to draw a line between opposite sides of an opponent's square.

When in doubt about whether two friendly characters flank an opponent in the middle, trace an imaginary line between the two friendly characters’ centers. If the line passes through opposite borders of the opponent’s space (including corners of those borders), then the opponent is flanked.

So, looking at our map, you'd need someone in square F11 (the doorway) to flank with Fang at present.

2 minutes ago, Faeryl_ said:

Due to the positioning of the enemies, it is currently impossible to flank them. Flanking in 3.5e requires you to be able to draw a line between opposite sides of an opponent's square.

So, looking at our map, you'd need someone in square F11 (the doorway) to flank with Fang at present.

Ah relic from Sundown Citadel game where I have that game where you have flank bonus if you and mates attack the same guy.

I think Pathfinder does it that way too. As long as two or more people are in melee with the same target and not standing right next to each other, it would count as flanking. Don't quote me on that though, I don't use flanking super often in PF. Alas, it is not so in d&d 3.5, so no flanking for Fang at this time.

21 hours ago, Faeryl_ said:

I think Pathfinder does it that way too. As long as two or more people are in melee with the same target and not standing right next to each other, it would count as flanking. Don't quote me on that though, I don't use flanking super often in PF. Alas, it is not so in d&d 3.5, so no flanking for Fang at this time.

I didn't roll with flanking though with it I'd confirm the crit.

On 4/13/2024 at 2:52 AM, Grudge said:

So this is the equivalent of the first floor in the Sanctuary dungeon or Den of Evil in D2, I know Den of Evil ends with a weak ass boss once you clear it you hear that awesome sound and a bunch of loot. But in D1 you get pain in the but fight with the Butcher and only Clever for your troubles. Let's hope once we put the acid doggos down there is some stuff in the barrels...unless they explode. I always loved when like 9 of them go BOOM and I played a melee character and haven't healed since the last fight.

So if at the end we see the end and differently colored rogue or stalker rejoice, if there is no end and we suddenly hear "FRESH MEAT!!!" we are so screwed 🤣

Fun Fact: Morgen Keep is actually a standalone dungeon from the short-lived Diablo II: d20 system. There is actually an entire campaign laid out for the game up to Act 4 (because this was printed before LoD and never updated).

In other news, new GM post is up. As Joren has not posted anything in the week since the previous one, I acted for him as stated previously. Due to the Total Defense Action, he managed to avoid getting hit. Other than that, I think only the Acid Spit attack on Ryzia has a chance of hitting due to being vs Touch AC.

8 hours ago, Faeryl_ said:

Fun Fact: Morgen Keep is actually a standalone dungeon from the short-lived Diablo II: d20 system. There is actually an entire campaign laid out for the game up to Act 4 (because this was printed before LoD and never updated).

In other news, new GM post is up. As Joren has not posted anything in the week since the previous one, I acted for him as stated previously. Due to the Total Defense Action, he managed to avoid getting hit. Other than that, I think only the Acid Spit attack on Ryzia has a chance of hitting due to being vs Touch AC.

Just to refresh my memory (I'll post a bit later. I just got up) last turn Gwain and Fang scored one hit each?