Morgen Keep OOC

Some things to note for the future (and someone else can correct me if I'm somehow mistaken):

- Barring special features that specify otherwise, you cannot use TWF except as a full attack action. It didn't matter in this case since the second attack missed, but your second weapon may as well not exist outside of full-attacks or actions like Pounce/Two-Weapon Rend. This also means you would not suffer the -2 penalty for the attack in question.

If you get more than one attack per round because your base attack bonus is high enough (see Base Attack Bonus in Classes), because you fight with two weapons or a double weapon, or for some special reason, you must use a full-round action to get your additional attacks. You do not need to specify the targets of your attacks ahead of time. You can see how the earlier attacks turn out before assigning the later ones.

Emphasis mine/this random guy who had this discussion on another forum. Text from here: Full Attack

Also this text here: Multiple Attacks header under Actions in Combat.

A character who can make more than one attack per round must use the full attack action in order to get more than one attack.

Finally, and this one I'm less certain on, I think critical hits typically require you to roll the dice a number of additional times per the multiplier on your weapon. Ah, here is a reference: Multiplying Damage

Sometimes you multiply damage by some factor, such as on a critical hit. Roll the damage (with all modifiers) multiple times and total the results. Note: When you multiply damage more than once, each multiplier works off the original, unmultiplied damage.

Again, it didn't matter this time, and the RFT as a whole may not care (in which case I'll drop it), but this is the RAW.

Sorry for the wall of quotes and rules text; I just wanted to be sure everything was above board.

7 minutes ago, Faeryl_ said:

But your second weapon may as well not exist outside of full-attacks or actions like Pounce/Two-Weapon Rend. This also means you would not suffer the -2 penalty for the attack in question.

Agreed, the -2 for a second weapon kicks in when you use the second weapon. There are some rare cases where an unused weapon in your off hand helps: if it has helpful magical abilities (like Eager weapons adding to initiative), or if you want the flexibIlity that comes with a second weapon.

I used to have a player who was fond of sword and buckler/dagger. He usually attacked with sword only and used the shield. When he felt like enemies were numerous and weak, he would switch to TWF. When enemies moved away, he sometimes threw the dagger, or dropped it to use both hands and power attack.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Grudge said:

@Faeryl_ This site can be so broken. It won't let me post before I remove highlighted words (it highlighted no words)

Yeah, it just does that sometimes. I never figured out what it meant by that either. Sometimes it just doesn't like to work.

Also, I'm not clear what you're asking about with your AC.

Edited by Faeryl_ (see edit history)

If anybody is curious, the only loot the dark stalkers have on them is a shortbow and a spear each. The two from outside had short swords and longbows. Completely mundane equipment.

I should also mention that there is nothing else of interest on the first level of the keep. There are more fights out in the wilderness if you want them, but your goal is further down.

@Faeryl_ Sorry I posted before I saw OOC, Gwain doesn't look for fights or anything useful. Just various berries, even poisonous and corrupted. He wants to save better spells and find enough crap so he can cast Goodberry and, depending on how many of crap he finds with 24 Survival roll not only sate everyone's food and drink needs for 24 hours but if he manages to find 7 he'd be able to Feed and heal fang completely since they heal 1 HP. The more he finds more heal casting can be saved. So Winter would likely have to heal anyone with a larger wound than 3 or 5. he plans not to roam too far of the road already traveled and be careful so no fighting should be necessary.

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

As usual, types of enemies will share an init block with one another. So all "Acid Beasts" will act on the same init. Please double-check the map link from the IC thread. It should be known that all enemies are evil-aligned, regardless of intelligence, for any who has something alignment related at this level.

Initiative Order
Ryzia - 18
Joren - 10
Acid Beasts - 9
Gwain - 9
Winter - 8
Fang - 4

Edited by Faeryl_ (see edit history)