Morgen Keep OOC

Lol with the exception of @rorytheromulan all of us are crawling, thankfully enemy was nice enough not to rush either.

@Faeryl_ Since the enemy is going first anyway, can Gwain change his Ini to go directly before Fang (so Fang is Ini 4 I think, can Gwain voluntarily drop to Ini 5)

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

You may Delay your action (on your normal turn) in order to change where you are in the initiative list. For the rest of combat, your new init will be at whatever spot you delayed to.

On 4/11/2024 at 8:04 PM, Faeryl_ said:

You may Delay your action (on your normal turn) in order to change where you are in the initiative list. For the rest of combat, your new init will be at whatever spot you delayed to.

So on this turn, Gwain does all that extra armor on his turn (remember when attacks occur his AC is still 18 and Fangs 17) So he does armor boost Fangs turn to bite someone within reach (no leaving Gwains side at no cost) +6 AC is at the cost.

JSYK, Animal Companions don't need to roll their own init. Most GMs (myself included) will just allow you and your AC to act on the same init anyway. Even if this weren't the case, you could post your actions together due to being in the same init block.

If it's as hard for you guys as it is for me to read the dice because you have to click on them, here are the results.

Normal attack vs Ryzia: 13 (miss)
Normal attack vs Joren: 10 (miss)
Normal attack vs Ryzia: 11 (miss)
Ranged Touch vs Ryzia: 12 (hit) DC 13 reflex save to avoid 2 acid damage.

Additionally, regardless of whether or not Ryzia makes this save, a 5 ft. puddle of acid forms beneath her feet. This effect deals the same damage as the Acid Spit attack (2d4 acid) for 2 rounds. It deals damage at the end of this round and the end of the next round. The Acid Spit has the exact same effect on a failed save except you can't simply step out of it; it's like an Acid Arrow spell.

1 hour ago, Faeryl_ said:

JSYK, Animal Companions don't need to roll their own init. Most GMs (myself included) will just allow you and your AC to act on the same init anyway. Even if this weren't the case, you could post your actions together due to being in the same init block.

Cool. Does in that case we decide who goes first?

Yes. You both may act on the same init count and your actions can be resolved in whatever order you like within the greater block of party init.

I'll roll for Reflex here. I hope there are some potions of Resist Energy in those chests.

I think I made a mistake by leading us to the stairs. Let's hunt for gear on the ground floor after we kill these things.

Ryzia Reflex v Acid Round 1

Name
Ryzia Reflex v Acid Round 1
1d20+5 8

So this is the equivalent of the first floor in the Sanctuary dungeon or Den of Evil in D2, I know Den of Evil ends with a weak ass boss once you clear it you hear that awesome sound and a bunch of loot. But in D1 you get pain in the but fight with the Butcher and only Clever for your troubles. Let's hope once we put the acid doggos down there is some stuff in the barrels...unless they explode. I always loved when like 9 of them go BOOM and I played a melee character and haven't healed since the last fight.

So if at the end we see the end and differently colored rogue or stalker rejoice, if there is no end and we suddenly hear "FRESH MEAT!!!" we are so screwed 🤣

55 minutes ago, Faeryl_ said:

There was no other gear on the ground floor. Only what the enemies had. Everything else was rubble and forest.

So you don't ask for post, I don't see any of the beasts moving closer and they are too far from Fang to attack in that case. He'll preen in his new armors and just ready the attack for the next round so Gwain's unit of 2 is done for this round.

I would hope that we don't have to put arrows through every barrel we encounter to avoid explosions, that would be silly. Although I feel like it would be warranted to make a cut into each chest with my sword as a mimic check. Just don't ask how my character would know that.

36 minutes ago, rorytheromulan said:

I would hope that we don't have to put arrows through every barrel we encounter to avoid explosions, that would be silly. Although I feel like it would be warranted to make a cut into each chest with my sword as a mimic check. Just don't ask how my character would know that.

Well, in D1 there wasn't really a check for traps option. I suggest Ryzia to look around before we open any container just in case. 😅

9 hours ago, rorytheromulan said:

Don't worry, barrels are not going to randomly explode on you. I'm also going to tell you there are no mimics of any variety in this dungeon.