Out of Crushednaughtybits

paladinred

Yeah, if I had gone the Undead Lord, he would never choose to create intelligent undead, and only have undead that are simply empty vessels to fight off Undead that cause harm to the world. Kinda like asking the dead to help him achieve his goals of pushing other undead to the afterlife lol.

Command Undead would come in handy though if we came across a difficult undead that we perhaps wanted to question.

2 hours ago, Grudge said:

Hmmm, with rp 15 I might try my luck with Aasimar Paladin or Tiefling Swashbuckler, would Paladin stick out too much in such a party if I don't play Lawful Stupid, or would both thematically and morality-wise Swashbuckler be a safer bet?

Nothing wrong with a Paladin. It has strong will saves while the swashbuckler doesn't. If we run into creatures immune to precision damage, a rogue and swashbuckler will both take a hit to their damage potential.

3 hours ago, Grudge said:

Hmmm, with rp 15 I might try my luck with Aasimar Paladin or Tiefling Swashbuckler, would Paladin stick out too much in such a party if I don't play Lawful Stupid, or would both thematically and morality-wise Swashbuckler be a safer bet?

I haven't posted my app yet but I'm working on a Flying Blade Swashbuckler, taking advantage of Divine Fighting Technique to use Cha for starknives.

Believe me, if there was a way to be CG Paladin, I would have dipped into it.

Sadly, PF doesn't allow any chaotic paladins except CE Antipaladins. It's LG, LE if you're a Tyrant Antipaladin, or LN or NG if you, for some reason, are using the awful Gray Paladin archetype. No other Chaotic paladins allowed in PF. That's one of the things I like a bit more about d&d 3.5: there's a paladin variant for every alignment on the axis if you're willing to use dragon magazine content. Or if you play 5e, then your alignment literally doesn't matter. Because alignment in general almost never comes up. Even half the monsters are not "always evil" anymore!

4 hours ago, Rakle said:

Nothing wrong with a Paladin. It has strong will saves while the swashbuckler doesn't. If we run into creatures immune to precision damage, a rogue and swashbuckler will both take a hit to their damage potential.

Oh, Mechanically a nothing wrong with Paladins in PF 1 (Haven't had the chance to try PF 2), I'd put them way above 3.5 counterparts. 5E might have more bells and whistles for those who enjoy them. A strong frontline fighter who can serve as a secondary healer, by lvl 6 immune to most of the usual stuff. I was looking more to the being LG restricted character and if you fall out of that bracket you become a subpar fighter. And this is basically sounds like a heist story.

@relekorlagunis With Swashbycklers I usually go very Vanilla mechanic-wise, one exception likely being in changing Rapier for Estoc for more potential damage

Sorry, for delay both of you I had to go to sleep last night, still trying to get used to hours going back.

1 minute ago, paladinred said:

@Taggerung559 Yes, yes and yes.

@Faeryl_ Yes

@Steel Warrior Yes, yes and....hmm, I will say yes but if this becomes problematic we will need to talk.

@Grudge I do not mind either way, look at Antipaladin if you are slipping that far lol.

Since the world is homebrew could I invent a new Paladin order for my guy as long as I keep the old Pantheon? I thought instead of quest-oriented order to have a more like a small brotherhood of wandering paladins roaming around the country. I mean you'll easily procure Paladin help for some major threat, but there has to be someone going around clearing up low to mid-level rabble. Various nuisances are usually under the notice of higher orders that still have to be dealt with since not every farmer has gold to hire adventurers if there is no gain there. Like chasing off wolves that trouble their sheep, keeping roads safer for travelers, and such "keeping the house in order" stuff. I have some outline of my guy in the head not unlike another Paladin I played in a game that died in 5E setting. Not particularly shiny-looking Paladin guys, but more weathered war veterans crowd with small numbers. Outcasts that didn't fit in larger Orders.

25 minutes ago, Grudge said:

Since the world is homebrew could I invent a new Paladin order for my guy as long as I keep the old Pantheon? I thought instead of quest-oriented order to have a more like a small brotherhood of wandering paladins roaming around the country. I mean you'll easily procure Paladin help for some major threat, but there has to be someone going around clearing up low to mid-level rabble. Various nuisances are usually under the notice of higher orders that still have to be dealt with since not every farmer has gold to hire adventurers if there is no gain there. Like chasing off wolves that trouble their sheep, keeping roads safer for travelers, and such "keeping the house in order" stuff. I have some outline of my guy in the head not unlike another Paladin I played in a game that died in 5E setting. Not particularly shiny-looking Paladin guys, but more weathered war veterans crowd with small numbers. Outcasts that didn't fit in larger Orders.

Although it's kinda homebrew they did a Paladin of Freedom conversion. It's not broken in any way, but you get detect charm instead of detect evil, and freedom of movement 1/day instead of Remove Disease increases.

1 minute ago, Steel Warrior said:

Although it's kinda homebrew they did a Paladin of Freedom conversion. It's not broken in any way, but you get detect charm instead of detect evil, and freedom of movement 1/day instead of Remove Disease increases.

It does look interesting, detecting evil can sometimes be more of a burden if you run with a dodgy crew. It would be an interesting moment after a month of travel and fighting together Paladin uses detect evil to pinpoint camping Orcs just to get 2 pings 5 feet behind him 😂 But paladinred said only official Paizo stuff. While it is minimally changed mechanically CG is easier to maintain than LG IMO so I doubt it would be allowed.

10 minutes ago, paladinred said:

I will be happy for you to do that as suggested by Steel Warrior, paladins are awesome but, well, blinkered.

And I'll be happy to do it, all say hello to Paladin of Cayden Cailean The Drunken God 😂 Thanks.

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

@paladinred Question. I chose for Divine Bond weapon option, hence at lvl 6 my weapon gets a +1 enhancement bonus. If I already have a +1 magic weapon (quite a possibility at lvl 6) do I treat it as said +1 bonus, I mean I can choose between a +2 weapon and a +1 Flaming weapon for example (or any other +1 worth power, there are more than I remembered)?

9 minutes ago, Grudge said:

@paladinred Question. I chose for Divine Bond weapon option, hence at lvl 6 my weapon gets a +1 enhancement bonus. If I already have a +1 magic weapon (quite a possibility at lvl 6) do I treat it as said +1 bonus, I mean I can choose between a +2 weapon and a +1 Flaming weapon for example (or any other +1 worth power, there are more than I remembered)?

Yes. The list of abilities are axiomatic, brilliant energy, defending, disruption, flaming, flaming burst, holy, keen, merciful, and speed.