Out of Character Chat

Powderhorn

Every good man must be tempted at some point to spit on his hands and hoist the black flag...

I forget who the author is, but we may be at that point.

Apparently it was H.L. Mencken in 1919: "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

Didn't want to prematurely truncate that poignant scene - but it does seem like we're ready for the Oracles at this point? (If that's the consensus, I'll progress us forward.)

I think so. The current scene is a powerful one for the development of the characters, but I didn't want to monologue *too* much or go all completely edgelord! I mean, I could if that thing is wanted, but I don't think it's necessary to have Iphigenia go all moody and sour and angry. So I'm good to move on!

Everyone should have a block of private text that they can see. For this, I am going to ask that everything is done with the private text function. For reference, it's the little dude with the + sign.

First, let me say, a huge thank you to @thesloth for his patience while a lot of private text was going on that he was, broadly, left out of. Thanks to everyone for being so on-the-ball with posting rate for this scene, that way he wouldn't have to be left out for long - a lot of stuff in less than a week. I'm just super appreciative of all of you.

If there's anything I missed in the private text, just let me know and I can make sure it gets addressed :)

I'm excited to show these guys the oracle. It changed a lot of our thinking. I'm curious to see how they come out. A small pause for me was more than worth it.