Durlag’s Tower - OOC

Poor_Knight

Just to be clear about my turn.

Used Dash as Bonus Action using Cunning Action to get more movement. Used some of it to get out of range of S1. Fancy Footwork will stop AoO from S1

Used Booming blade which does 2d8 damage, plus 3d8 if s1 moves before Eireann's next turn.

Used his rapier, which gives him 1d6 fire damage

Could not apply Sneak attack, due to disadvantage. Sad.

Question One: If i used my Shield Spell as a reaction in their turn on the first attack against me..

If it attacked and scored a 25, If my AC at current is 20 ( I believe)Shield granting +5 to my AC ,would that equalizing my AC prevent that attack?

Or even if it fails still prevent the damage? Also since it doesnt end until the end of my turn,does that also mean the stalkers second attack of 21 miss?

Question Two: if i withdraw 5 ft into the square to the North,will that draw an AOO from my foe? or is it better for Duncan to move 5ft to the south?

It unbeknownst to us,would have him then have two on him, but we could work on my one together..and move on the one to his east after that.

I would just like these answers to ammend my move post accordingly.

Cheers!

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)

1. 25 matches AC 25, so it would be success and you would be hit.

Shield lasts until your own turn, so the second attack would block attack that rolled 21

2. Unless you use the disengage action, moving out of range of the enemy draws an AoO. Or you could just stand where you are and attack.

Even though my AC would still be hit, the spell effect says it stops any damage,so i would say presumably thats the first attack,and then as you say now being AC 25 the second attack wouldn't hit..

Is that correct? as i need to see if i would put that into my move as a starting reaction move,before i do my attack.

Spell says :  Until the start of your next turn, you have a +5 bonus to AC, including against the triggering attack, and you take no damage from magic missile.

You get +5 AC, which may or may not prevent an otherwise successful to hit roll.

You also take no damage from magic missile

You got hit because a roll of 25 is equal or greater than AC 25, so you still take the damage from that attack.
You would have been hit by roll of 21, but now it fails, and you take no damage from that attack.

Edited by omegoku (see edit history)