OOC

TheWordWeaver

1 hour ago, ariel said:

I'm curious... @TheWordWeaver if Dae glances at her inner forearm where the glowing fox was... does it appear when she's with only Lu and Damaia. I think she would have checked while walking, but I can have her check in the library if you prefer?

If Dae checked while she was walking with Dam and Lu then yes. If she checks while she is at the counter, no.

49 minutes ago, Rumrunner said:

@TheWordWeaver@TheWordWeaver same question as ariel but for Billie.

If Billie checked it would not show currently.

Can I get a little more context for Mags' situation.... 

I was assuming it's still daylight. Is that correct? 

Normally, you need cover or concealment to hide. The description does not suggest cover, and if it's daylight, there's not adequate darkness for concealment.  So, is it safe to assume, from Mags' perspective, that the person in the chair was using something magical (more than just a good stealth check) to not be noticed when Mags first opened the door and saw the undisturbed room and feather? 

The person speaks as if they know Mags, but I assume you would have described the voice as familiar if the speaker truly was an "old friend" of Mags, right? 

58 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Can I get a little more context for Mags' situation.... 

I was assuming it's still daylight. Is that correct? 

Normally, you need cover or concealment to hide. The description does not suggest cover, and if it's daylight, there's not adequate darkness for concealment.  So, is it safe to assume, from Mags' perspective, that the person in the chair was using something magical (more than just a good stealth check) to not be noticed when Mags first opened the door and saw the undisturbed room and feather? 

The person speaks as if they know Mags, but I assume you would have described the voice as familiar if the speaker truly was an "old friend" of Mags, right? 

It is still daylight which brings into question the shadows. I kept the post vague because Mags has never truly met this person. I want it to be mysterious and confusing. 

Something about the stranger is definitely off, the drape of shadow around them, an unfamiliar voice that seems to know you. 

1 hour ago, fenrirlokison said:

Does Lu recognize the voice? Does she see Dae or Dam at all? (before and or after she starts to wonder deeper in the Oria)

Lu does Recognize it but she cant place where she has heard it before. She might see Dae if she passes the counters but the voice is calling to her from her right farther down the isle and beyond where she is currently at.

For TheWordWeaver... just wondering (as I don't normally have Persuasion as a high skill)... should I wait until a roll is asked for, or, if I'm trying to persuade someone to be helpful, should I roll to see how the skill is impacting them? I don't think it matters much for the librarian, but in in general.

Also... sorry for separating into 5 different threads... oops.

As for the rest of us... assuming we survive the night (and depending on any new information we gain this evening) any thoughts on what folks would like to do in the next few days? Dae would like to visit the Akropoli... if something is gonna happen there, she'd like to do some "reconnaissance". Although not for a couple of days, she reallly doesn't care about the games... she'll have to be convinced they are important... :). 

Edited by ariel (see edit history)

On 4/7/2023 at 5:31 PM, TheWordWeaver said:

Deypho couldn't help but show signs of worry on her face as she watched the sliver disappear and then reappear in the small jewelry box. The sliver itself made no fuss as it was placed in the jewelry box, instead, it seemed to rotate a few times as if steadying itself back and forth until it stopped and pointed west. Even if it were moved it continued to point in one direction almost like a compass.

One more question? Here, the compass was pointing "west"... which I thought would be toward the Grehesian Empire, but later it was mentioned it was pointing toward Anthropoi? Maybe North isn't up in the map? Or... ? 

48 minutes ago, TheWordWeaver said:

Hey yall sorry for the radio silence, we just got moved into our new place and I finally have my PC and internet up. I'll be able to answer any questions either tonight or first thing tomorrow!

No problem! Congratulations on the new home!

On 4/29/2023 at 12:47 PM, ariel said:

For TheWordWeaver... just wondering (as I don't normally have Persuasion as a high skill)... should I wait until a roll is asked for, or, if I'm trying to persuade someone to be helpful, should I roll to see how the skill is impacting them? I don't think it matters much for the librarian, but in in general.

Also... sorry for separating into 5 different threads... oops.

As for the rest of us... assuming we survive the night (and depending on any new information we gain this evening) any thoughts on what folks would like to do in the next few days? Dae would like to visit the Akropoli... if something is gonna happen there, she'd like to do some "reconnaissance". Although not for a couple of days, she reallly doesn't care about the games... she'll have to be convinced they are important... :). 

I think both ways work, if you would like to roll something just let me know and explain how you are trying to use the skill to get what you want. Otherwise ill ask for a roll if I feel it is warranted. 

Haha no worries 😛 I kinda encouraged it

Sports aren't for everyone, I think if yall want to do anything else tonight. Just like the Oria make a plan and we'll work it out.

On 4/29/2023 at 12:52 PM, ariel said:

One more question? Here, the compass was pointing "west"... which I thought would be toward the Grehesian Empire, but later it was mentioned it was pointing toward Anthropoi? Maybe North isn't up in the map? Or... ? 

Ahh that's on me, I was basing the pointing of the needle off of the direction mags would be facing and Anthropoi would have been west of you all when you were in the temple talking to Deypho. But yes Anthropoi is east so if you were facing the Serene Sea it would point eastward toward Anthropoi.

1 hour ago, TheWordWeaver said:

I think both ways work, if you would like to roll something just let me know and explain how you are trying to use the skill to get what you want. Otherwise ill ask for a roll if I feel it is warranted. 

Haha no worries 😛 I kinda encouraged it

Sports aren't for everyone, I think if yall want to do anything else tonight. Just like the Oria make a plan and we'll work it out.

Ahh that's on me, I was basing the pointing of the needle off of the direction mags would be facing and Anthropoi would have been west of you all when you were in the temple talking to Deypho. But yes Anthropoi is east so if you were facing the Serene Sea it would point eastward toward Anthropoi.

Thanks for the clarification... I think I was confused on where exactly it was pointing.

NVM... if I'd look in the handy notes for us, it would have been clarified there. >.>

Edited by fenrirlokison (see edit history)

So, the full eclipse is the last day of the month and today is the 17th... how many days in this month? I don't want to assume 30... maybe it's 18! 😄 

21 minutes ago, ariel said:

So, the full eclipse is the last day of the month and today is the 17th... how many days in this month? I don't want to assume 30... maybe it's 18! 😄 

Haha, the calendar is in the Legendkeeper but each month has 28 days.