General Chat

Eborne1

7 hours ago, Grudge said:

This goes in turns. We get 2 new players eager to play but can't get answers of the two old ones 💀

ye... I'm debating applying to another game, but I'm sure if I do then all my games will come to life suddenly at the same time and I'll be overrun. lol

9 hours ago, Eborne1 said:

ye... I'm debating applying to another game, but I'm sure if I do then all my games will come to life suddenly at the same time and I'll be overrun. lol

I always advocate 'applying for that game' if it is something that grabbed your attention and made you want to apply.

If you don't get picked, all the other applicants gave you ideas, potential villain ideas, and NPC personalities to to be used as ideas for the game(s) you DM, building a character renews one's love of the game, and if you get in, time management is made much easier if you pick a specific days and specific time of those days to check (and if needed, post) in all your games.

Playing/DMing them all as-they-progress is exhausting, but having a set schedule for checking/reading/writing makes it much easier to manage multiple games that would otherwise feel overwhelming if you checked and posted in them willy-nilly.

I have a desktop shortcut that opens up my a new browser window with a separate tab for each game. I only use it during my 'game time' unless I'm just checking OOC chatter and answering player questions in free time outside of 'game time'. Sometimes it ends up being a short experience if nothing has progressed, and sometimes I use the majority of the time I've allotted myself. But knowing I have the time and that I'm not going to 'forget to check' anything so nothing is going to slip because I check them all during that set-aside time makes things much more managable. It also helps me stay consistant, which is important to me.

Edited by BBK (see edit history)

@BBK Sounds efficient. I like the shortcut tabs idea.

I seldom ever get overrun, if I'm being honest. I DM two and I think I play in three, and more often than not there's little to no activity when I check in on the daily. I've been on the weave for probably around 5+ years now and I've found that 90%+ of players/DMs start off a game with a bang and everyone's eager and excited and then they tend to fizzle pretty quickly. I think most of the excitement for a lot of players on the weave is making a new character and then getting to test them out... So it becomes a short cycle.

But it's OK. PbP requires a certain patience. I like that the stories are always there, waiting, as a creative outlet for me.

If other players don't chime in soon, I'll push things forward.

Edited by Eborne1 (see edit history)

@Eborne1 Just to confirm. With the beast's current movement if Dan moves toward them toward them 30 ft diagonally one of them should be just about within the Revolver range (35 feet if I counted correctly)? Also, I'm not sure how long time has passed since the last shoot out. How much grit he recovered. I believe out of combat it's a point every 5 minutes.

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

O.K. I recounted. If every third square is 10 feet and Dan is a yellow dot then he'd be 20' away from the tip of the gray arrow and 30 to 35 from the lower blob (depending on whether you count it from the top or center mass).