Character Creation Q&A

coreal

Technically the Camarilla is only officially at war with the Sabbat. Anarchs are considered part of the Camarilla (by the Camarilla at the very least), officially the Inconnu doesn't exist, and relationships with the Ashirra seem pretty neutral. Independent Clans like the Giovanni and Assamites have a more mercenary relationship with the Camarilla, Setites tend to be iffy and Ravnos are... well, Ravnos.

Put in that context as well the politicking and rivalry between individual Clans, and there's plenty of fertile ground for enmity even within the Camarilla.

2 hours ago, PureChance said:

That's where I was working from. Just felt like a lot of those other vampire organizations would naturally be at odds with a Camarilla vampire, so specifically calling them out felt a little redundant. Wasn't sure if coreal intended to include other supernaturals, but that's a good idea

Yes, it could be other supernaturals if you wanted to go that way, but the best viable option would be a werewolf incident, perhaps a run in that leaves them with some means to track you. The most common though would be just a specific clan or a bloodline that you've managed to discomfort in some way.

21 hours ago, coreal said:

Auspex you would be able to work into the background I suspect without too much trouble, perhaps even gaining the enmity of the clan that had a member suckered into teaching it to you... Temporis is going to be a pretty different matter entirely. My default position is going to be a 'no' on disciplines that are outside the Camarilla or clan to start.

Fair enough, we shall see IG if anything may happen or not. What about the Ravnos Clan then, no worry on that end, please ?

10 hours ago, Maester1216 said:

Technically the Camarilla is only officially at war with the Sabbat. Anarchs are considered part of the Camarilla (by the Camarilla at the very least), officially the Inconnu doesn't exist, and relationships with the Ashirra seem pretty neutral. Independent Clans like the Giovanni and Assamites have a more mercenary relationship with the Camarilla, Setites tend to be iffy and Ravnos are... well, Ravnos.

Put in that context as well the politicking and rivalry between individual Clans, and there's plenty of fertile ground for enmity even within the Camarilla.

This.

I decided that my character would piss off the Anarchs (against my will) as well as accidentally a group of Nosferatu (who would probably have each other's backs, so it may as well be the whole Clan). I wanted to subvert some expectations. I mean, in the future of the setting the Brujah eventually do join the Anarchs, and typically a Brujah would pity a Nosferatu and almost see them as an equal. Instead, I was mind-controlled into going to war with the Anarchs and the Nosferatu I met was so vile I knee-jerk reacted and beat on him until I could flee. Not great choices for me! ;3

Edit: Oh, and I decided it would be funny if the Sabbat are constantly trying to recruit me (by force) and show up inconveniently. Yet another subversion.

Just because the Camarilla is supposed to all get along, they rarely actually do (and usually because the Prince starts shouting about getting back in line lol). This is at least my experience with it.

2 hours ago, Thot said:

What about the Ravnos Clan then, no worry on that end, please ?

No worry on that, the Ravnos disaster has not occurred in this timeline.

1 hour ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Just because the Camarilla is supposed to all get along, they rarely actually do (and usually because the Prince starts shouting about getting back in line lol). This is at least my experience with it.

They usually only start to really pull together when the bodies begin to hit the floor.

I kinda want to do a "Caitiff" of Tzimisce decent; who snuck away from a Shovel party with sanity intact as wasn't buried deep enough and was of Calm Heart, and fell in with Camarilla as a Caitiff before figuring out his decent and hiding it as a dark secret.

A) Does this sound plausible as someone that can be included in the game?

B) Should I buy disciplines as Caitiff? or as Tzimisce?

32 minutes ago, bloodsprite said:

A) Does this sound plausible as someone that can be included in the game?

B) Should I buy disciplines as Caitiff? or as Tzimisce?

A) If you expand the background to where you were a subsistence Caitiff in another city, likely a Camarilla one, to bridge between the escape and the move to Savannah and cover the intervening years.

B) I'd go with Caitiff, you never had any instruction from a sire, and in truth it was a bit of a mass embrace situation if it was a true shovelhead embrace.

If you're just looking to toy around with Vicissitude I'd say make a runaway Tzimisce rather than a Caitiff. It's cheaper after all (Current Rating x5 to raise Vicissitude for a Tzimisce versus the flat x6 Caitiff have to raise any Discipline).

If you want a broad latitude of Disciplines and don't particularly favour Vicissitude, then Caitiff's a good bet.

3 minutes ago, coreal said:

A) If you expand the background to where you were a subsistence Caitiff in another city, likely a Camarilla one, to bridge between the escape and the move to Savannah and cover the intervening years.

Yep, My thoughts as well

2 hours ago, coreal said:

[The Camarilla] usually only start to really pull together when the bodies begin to hit the floor.

That seems to be a recurring theme I'm seeing. Otherwise, the Prince and the Primogen are just up in some tower playing twisted party games and they're like "UGH I hate this Prince--NO, I'm having a GREAT time, thanks for asking!--asshole..." LOLOL

Do you have any strong feelings one way or another on the child drawback? I have this idea for a creepy kid from Chicago whose sire turned them thinking they might form a connection with Nicolai Antonescu that could be used to manipulate him. Now a few decades later as it becomes increasingly clear the plan failed heading to a new city is looking like the best option for their continued survival. Not sure about the clan yet, Ventrue or Lasombra are the first that come to mind although the latter obviously would be trickier to figure out than the former or something else entirely might occur to me as being more fitting.

4 hours ago, Summer Silver said:

Do you have any strong feelings one way or another on the child drawback?

I had mentally skipped over this one when listing out discouraged flaws. For MW games the child drawback just presents too many hurdles, so consider it unavailable.