Character Creation Q&A

coreal

26 minutes ago, Mild Scribe said:

Should we go ahead and stat out Retainer ghouls. If so under the standard rules found in V20?

Yes, use standard rules in V20 for ghoul retainers. They should be travelling with or near you into Savannah, no long term resident pick-ups. No one has permission from the prince for that kind of activity, as permission to create a ghoul is part of the local Praxis. (which reminds me some of the Praxis will be communicated in advance of arrival, so I will post that this week)

2 hours ago, bloodsprite said:

To do a full "kiss" and enrapture do I need more parts of the mouth, or would just a fang be enough?

From the first puncture the kiss is initiated, but the actual feeding on the blood needs to follow what I will call 'very shortly thereafter' to maintain the sensation and enrapture on the prey. If there is an interruption or delay, then it'll be broken.

7 minutes ago, coreal said:

Yes, use standard rules in V20 for ghoul retainers. They should be travelling with or near you into Savannah, no long term resident pick-ups. No one has permission from the prince for that kind of activity, as permission to create a ghoul is part of the local Praxis. (which reminds me some of the Praxis will be communicated in advance of arrival, so I will post that this week)

No problem there, they're just part of the backstory I'm writing so if there were odd rules in play I'd need to make adjustments.

1 hour ago, coreal said:

Ah crud, I chose a resident of Savannah for a ghoul retainer. I didn't know there were narrative rules disallowing such a thing. I'll have to rethink that. Glad this got brought up!

7 hours ago, coreal said:

Herd is limited by opening scenario to 1 dot max to start, can be raised via rp once the game starts up.

Languages: 2xp per language learned. Or 1xp per language if you buy the Linguist merit in initial points. (since that initial point is a lot more valuable than just some xp. But getting just 1 language (or 2) is pretty thin.)

Other backgrounds/merits, are a no with xp.

What about raising Domain/Status/Influence through the game? I would have thought you could set up those as well as herd?

11 hours ago, bloodsprite said:

Ok Guess I will only do one finger, I assume I can sharpen the fang on the finger to use it like a scalpel; and be able to heal with no scar via a lick?

To do a full "kiss" and enrapture do I need more parts of the mouth, or would just a fang be enough?

You can also take the healing touch merit which would let you seal "bites" with your touch

9 hours ago, PureChance said:

What about raising Domain/Status/Influence through the game? I would have thought you could set up those as well as herd?

These can happen through the process of the game, but in those cases they are storyteller assigned and are not purchased with xp.

1 hour ago, Gris said:

I had a second character idea - basically a phantom of the opera (Nosferatu). Can I write more than one application?

You can, as I won't discourage anyone's desire to be creative. Just please do two things: 1. put it in a separate thread from the first application. 2. Indicate if it is the primary or secondary application. If they are both of equivalent quality, and I don't have some hook/plot that I want to specifically tie one of them into, I'd like to know which of the two you'd prefer.

After a few unexpected days of distraction, I've reviewed all the characters marked ready for review.

I'm going to start some prologue/welcome to Savannah type threads leading up to the first 'group mixer'. I'll be weaving characters into things as I work out just which initial stories I'm going to use, and how. So if you see people joining the game and haven't heard a peep, don't despair, as it will take me some time to get it all rolling.

And a thank you to everyone that has put so much of their time and creative energy into crafting characters to join in this story. I really appreciate the enthusiastic response!

4 hours ago, PureChance said:

Deadline is still a while away right? I've had ideas percolating about remaining connections but haven't exactly rushed to write them up

Yes, I'm just getting started with a few characters now so I don't fall over trying to launch all the individual prologues at the same time. I won't fill out the final roster slots till the deadline rolls up.

3 hours ago, Powgow said:

Have you closed the door to new interests? I'm still getting used to the new ad layout and seem to have missed this for a week or so.

Door is not closed.