Character Creation Q&A

coreal

12 minutes ago, whitelancer said:

Are merits and flaws allowed?

Yes, with the proviso that some can't be applied immediately, like 'Friend of the Underground' will take a significant amount of time and effort to bring into play in a new city.

How do you feel about Malkavians? Or, I suppose a broader question could be: Are there clans you have issues with people playing? Do you want people to stick with the main clans or are the off-shoots on the table?

Do you want us to be focused on Humanity for our Path?

Do we need to be ingratiated with the Camarilla/Sabbat/Anarchs?

What is the current year in-game? (being turned in the 90s makes me think this is played in present day 2023, but I could be wrong.)

I'll probably have more questions.... sorry in advance.

Malkavians? Other clans?

I'm a fan of the clan. I lean towards more standard clans, or at least ones that are well accepted by the Camarilla. Other off-shoots will have a higher bar for why they're making the move to answer this invitation.

Camarilla/Sabbat/Anarchs?

The invitation to move into the territory is from a Camarilla prince of the city. The area of mid-Georgia is strongly Camarilla controlled, with mixed zone to the south till you get into Florida, which is Sabbat controlled. The Carolinas to the North are more Anarch land.

That said, the default would be Camarilla background. Or an Anarch willing to give them serious lip service to get accepted as a new resident. Sabbat would have to have a really good background lead in to justify why the prince accepts them.

Current year in game?

Current year is 2023. I should have stated that the prince has requested 'immigrants' be in the 30-40 years since embrace. He doesn't want anyone new that hasn't shown that they're capable of controlling themselves taking up residence in his city. At the same time, he doesn't want anyone that would be a real challenge to his authority. It doesn't take much asking to know that the current prince came to Savannah pre-revolution, and so is definitely an elder by North America standards.

44 minutes ago, whitelancer said:

I also want to know your feelings about Malkavians. I like to play Cassandra style Malkavians.

The flapper from the 20s? I feel like I've heard of her but I can't seem to remember from where.

I play Malks too often (see my username) so I am thinking I'll expand my horizons for this one, in case you want to go that route :)

11 minutes ago, coreal said:

Malkavians? Other clans?

I'm a fan of the clan. I lean towards more standard clans, or at least ones that are well accepted by the Camarilla. Other off-shoots will have a higher bar for why they're making the move to answer this invitation.

Okay, got it! And just to double check, this is after the Lasombra switched sides? Because I think I'd like to try one out. I played Shadows of New York last winter and loved Julia's portrayal; it really opened my eyes to the clan!

8 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Okay, got it! And just to double check, this is after the Lasombra switched sides? Because I think I'd like to try one out. I played Shadows of New York last winter and loved Julia's portrayal; it really opened my eyes to the clan!

The final nights and the Gehenna or the Gehenna War ... have not happened yet in this timeline. So Lasombra haven't switched sides, and Gangrel haven't bailed on the Camarilla at this point.

16 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

The flapper from the 20s? I feel like I've heard of her but I can't seem to remember from where.

I meant more the mythical seer that was cursed with very accruate visions but also with nobody ever believeing her.

9 minutes ago, coreal said:

The final nights and the Gehenna or the Gehenna War ... have not happened yet in this timeline. So Lasombra haven't switched sides, and Gangrel haven't bailed on the Camarilla at this point.

Ah crud. I was afraid of that. I'm on the wiki and it seems that doesn't happen until V5 (I think? I'm not very good with the lore yet). So no Antitribu either? I know they'd be rarer and highly speculated, but can't hurt to ask.

If not, I'll keep thinking.

4 minutes ago, whitelancer said:

I meant more the mythical seer that was cursed with very accruate visions but also with nobody ever believeing her.

Ahh gotcha--that's similar to how I like to play them. Mystics that are haunted by voices--imagined or not--and can see bits of the future. Either that or with multiple personalities.

Very fun stuff.

8 hours ago, Malkavian Grin said:

So no Antitribu either? I know they'd be rarer and highly speculated, but can't hurt to ask.

You can go that route if you like. One story angle is that these are 'problem' kindred that a prince or clan elder in another city might want to foist off on this desperate sounding prince.

1 hour ago, Lunermist said:

Can we use the Additional Discipline merit?

Yes, and I shall salivate at seeing what the balancing flaws will be. 🙂

8 hours ago, Malkavian Grin said:

I'm on the wiki and it seems that doesn't happen until V5

It happens in the meta-plot somewhere beyond where V4 is set to start and before V5. Personally I don't have anything to do with V5, so what's in that volume doesn't set any pins in the map in terms of where the meta-plot in this world will go.

ร—
ร—