It's a Dry Heat

Eborne1

v3EC3XI.png.570c0edaabe9153dcb3df50f58653958.pngJanet Goldwyn | AC 14 | CMB +5 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 36/36 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |

Init: +5 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +6 | Will: +3 | Grit: 3/3

Janet grumbled, aiming her pistol around the corner, trying to get a good shot at the soldiers. But even as she may not know these others she just met, she doesn't want to accidentally hit one of them. So she tries to put the man to sleep again.

Tools of the Trade

Spells:

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message

L1: Charm Person, Murderous Crow

Hexes: (DC 14)
Healing, Slumber

MW Semi-auto pistol +7 (1d8, x2) | Bolt-Action Rifle +6 (2d8, 19-20/x4)

Actions/OOC

Standard: Slumber Hex on #4 again (accursed hex), DC 14 Will save

Move into room

A man awakens face-down in a pool of blood. He sits upright and takes a moment to gather his wits as the sound of nearby gunfire reminds him where he is... He looks over and sees the remains of what once was his friend. He realizes his face his wet and wipes at it with his hand that comes back painted in blood. He grabs his rifle and stands, facing the house. He thinks of charging into the house... into the fray... charging to death or glory... But he can't manage it.

He turns and he runs.

Inside the house, the sounds of battle do not cease. Gunshots thunder, zip and ring. Steel resounds off bone and wood. Blood paints the ruined walls.  Olivia's battle with the two soldiers in the foyer leans heavily in her favor, but the relentless and zealous men do not relent.
The one with the hammer, deliriously clinging to life, somehow ducks her scimitar and lashes out again

with his hammer at Olivia's head. (20vsAC/7Dmg)

The other soldier follows suit swiping again at her with his machete. (7vsAC/8dmg)

Having reduced the bedroom door across the hall to burnt crumbles, Dan begins working on the back wall with his next barrage of gunfire, shattering a mirror and chunking holes out of drywall. Though he misses his target, it's enough to give the man second thoughts about his life. He fires back at Dan one more time and then grabs his shotgun, hobbles back in the direction he came and throws himself out the broken window, tumbling over a bush. He begins fumbling around for a fresh magazine.
(11vsTouch/3Dmg) & (14vsTouch/8Dmg)

The soldier facing off against Bhagat, again, fights off the strange and desperate need to sleep only to be put to sleep, permanently, mere moments later by the next upward strike from Bhagat's machete.

OOC

• Assault Gunner #4 is Dead
  • The rifleman across the street woke up and fled.
  • Assault Gunner #3 is outside
  • Assault Gunners #1 and #2 are alive but not looking good

MAP

OldHouseround5.png.cd77879f14fc88d98cf23c4c119de7ea.png

ROUND 6 has Begun

Edited by Eborne1 (see edit history)
Name
Gunner #4 DC14 Will Save vs Sleep Hex
d20+4 14
Assault #2 w/ hammer vs Olivia
20; 7
d20+4;d6+4 [16]; [16,3]
Assault #1 w/ machete vs Olivia
7; 8
d20+4;d6+4 [3]; [3,4]
Assault #3 w/ Pistol vs Dan
11; 3
d20+5;d6+2 [6]; [6,1]
Assault #3 extra shot vs Dan
14; 8
d20+3;d6+2 [11]; [11,6]

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/8d/0e/e6/8d0ee63cef179103b6f148b8aff73d63.jpgDan | AC 19 | CMB +7 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 28/42 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |
Init: +4| Fort: +7 | Ref: +7 | Will: +3 | Grit: 2/4 | Luck: ?/?

The last two shots just get more plaster on Dan, and noticing the guy trying to rabbit Dan is not particularly happy about it with several bullet holes and a bunch of grazes, stuck with pieces of wood, his chest entirely covered in blood to the point previous scars and tattoos are almost invisible, just gleaming metal protruding from his body and in his hand. He like a horror monster breaks what remained of doors and pieces of furniture in his way until he got to the window just 5-10 feet away from metaphorical pain in his butt and literal pain from at least three bullets from his chest.

He raised his hand cannon "You, yellow bellied son of a two-dime crack w*ore, where do you think you are going?" Clear from the first set of Dragon Breath huge revolver roars...

Tools of the Trade

Guns:

Revolver: 1d20+8 (Dragon Breath), 1d10+4 (x4), 40 ft, 6 cartridges

Pistol: 1d20+8 (Extra Shot), 1d8+4 (x2), 30 ft, 10 rounds

1-H Sawed-Off: 1d20+7 (Dragon's Breath or Stopping Power), 1d8+4/3d4+4 (x2/x3), 10/20 ft

Shortsword: 1d20+7, 1d6+3, (19-20/x2)

Unarmed: 1d20+7, 1d6+3, (x2)

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Move: 30 feet move until he is next to the window

Standard: Shoot Revolver, Spending grit for extra damage

Immediate:

OOC: Guaranteed damage 3

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)
Name
Revolver Shot
1d20+8 1
Revolver Damage
1d10+4 2
Deed Damage
1d6 6

Assimar.jpg.8e8591eeb2cabfd9a6bd0275eb0e038e.jpgOlivia | AC 18 | CMB +7 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 14/42 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |
Init: +4| Fort: +7 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 | Grit: 1
Favored Enemy(Human): +2 Attack, Damage, Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival

Olivia snarls, her scimitar flashing once more towards the man with the hammer. Last chance, the tide turns well and truly against you. She says noting the rifleman fleeing.

Equipment

[B]Masterwork Revolver (.357) (4/6 (Standard Action Reload)) [/B] +8 (1d10, x4)
(2d6 Fire, Reflex DC 14 (+2 with Dragon Fire Deed)
[B]Masterwork Bolt Action (30-06) (5/7 (Full Round Reload)) [/B] +8 (2d8, 19-20/x4)
[B]Masterwork Scimitar [/B] +8 (1d6+2, 18-20/x2)
[B]Masterwork Studded Leather Armor[/B] (+3 Armor, +4 Dex)

Mechanical actions 

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard: Attack Scimitar +10

Immediate:

OOC:

Name
Scimitar
25; 8
1d20+10;1d6+4 [15]; [15,4]

v3EC3XI.png.570c0edaabe9153dcb3df50f58653958.pngJanet Goldwyn | AC 14 | CMB +5 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 36/36 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |

The young woman scrunches her nose in disgust as the man she'd tried to put down for a nap meets a grizzly end instead. "Ew..." Rather than continue, she decides to just try to shoot the others, taking aim down at one near the door fighting Olivia. "What she said, Pure freaks, **** off!" She takes a careful shot at the one she can see better, carefully aiming to avoid her compatriot.

Tools of the Trade

Spells:

Healing, Slumber

Actions/OOC

Standard: Single shot at #1

Semi-auto pistol attack:1d20+7=24

pistol damage:1d8=3

Edited by spitfire6006006 (see edit history)
Name
Semi-auto pistol attack
1d20+7 17
pistol damage
1d8 3

spacer.pngBhagat Garibaldi | AC 19 | CMB +7 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 31/38 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |
Init: +5 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +7 | Will: +5 | Grit: 3/3 | Luck: 5/7
(active rounds remaining: 0 after this one)

Bhagat had to give the PURE boys credit, they were definitely squirrely. His postil slides into his shooting hand as he pokes around the corner, his finger finds the trigger, and he squeezes it twice in rapid succession, his colorless eyes locking onto the two men still upright in the doorway.

"...and bury your brother..."

Tools of the Trade

Spells:

Cantrips: Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Message, Spark, Summon Instrument

L1: 2/2 - Grease, Feather Fall

MW Revolver +8 (x4) | T. Machete +7 (1d6+2, 19-20/x2)

MW Bolt-Action Rifle +8 (2d8, 19-20/x4) | MW Semi-Auto Pistol +8 (x2)

Actions/OOC

Free: last round of Luck, +2 to attack, damage, saving throws, and skill checks, drawing my pistol while moving

Swift:

Move: 5' step NE

Standard: Pistol attack w/ Extra shot

Immediate:

OOC:

Edited by The Foiler (see edit history)
Name
Pistol Shot #1, Dmg on hit
15; 7
1d20+8;1d8+2 [7]; [7,5]
Pistol Shot #2, Dmg on hit
15; 7
1d20+8;1d8+2 [7]; [7,5]

The final swipe of Olivia's curved blade cast the final spray of blood to complete the macabre masterpiece that was the scorched and ruined foyer. The man with the hammer fell. The half-burnt man remaining held an expression of total resignation as the man fell. Olivia's offer of peace fell on actually deaf ears and he drew back his machete for one more final swipe at the winged woman, but mid-swing, a barrage of bullets from both Bhagat and Janet sent the man back out the front door to land awkwardly on his head at the bottom of the front steps.

The remaining soldier was shot down more heavily by Dan's words than his gunfire, but that, along with seeing the soldier blasted out the front entrance of the house, was enough to send him running.

The Fight is Over
(Dan is allowed one single shot at the fleeing soldier with a -2 range penalty to attempt to finish him off.)

OOC

You have about 20 minutes before the already fled rifleman alerts patrols and the whole block is swarming with Pure Soldiers...

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/8d/0e/e6/8d0ee63cef179103b6f148b8aff73d63.jpgDan | AC 19 | CMB +7 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 28/42 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |
Init: +4| Fort: +7 | Ref: +7 | Will: +3 | Grit: 1/4 | Luck: ?/?

Dan wipes blood and grime from his face like he can't believe he missed "Thank Almighty Toilet in the sky the Boys didn't see that. I wouldn't live it down." He takes a deep breath and aims after a fleeing man and shoots his last normal bullet in this portion. Almost not feeling the large beast buck in his hand.

Tools of the Trade

Guns:

1-H Sawed-Off: 1d20+7 (Dragon's Breath or Stopping Power), 1d8+4/3d4+4 (x2/x3), 10/20 ft

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Move: Aims, I think I read that adds some bonus I won't add a thing but just mentioning

Standard: Shoot Revolver, Spending grit for extra damage

Immediate:

OOC: Guaranteed damage 3

Name
roll
1d20+8 16
Deed Damage
1d10+4 10
This is Deed Damage up is a mistake I clicked wrong autofill
1d6 6

Assimar.jpg.8e8591eeb2cabfd9a6bd0275eb0e038e.jpgOlivia | AC 18 | CMB +7 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 14/42 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |
Favored Enemy(Human): +2 Attack, Damage, Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival

Olivia sighs, going to patch her wounds, and those of her allies. That's a wrap. time to quickly patch up and get moving.

Equipment

[B]Masterwork Bolt Action (30-06) (5/7 (Full Round Reload)) [/B] +8 (2d8, 19-20/x4)

Mechanical actions 

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard: She'll perform first aid on herself, Bhagat and Dan, just keeping blood in at this point as they get ready to move out.

Immediate:

OOC:

Edited by Lunermist (see edit history)

NOW IT'S OVER!!

The last fleeing soldier's ears were still ringing from the thundering chaos within the house and never heard Dan's final shot ring out from the front guest room window...

He felt it though! He felt it like a kick to the spine from a Clydesdale. Then he felt the ground slam into his chest as he bounced and skidded to a sliding stop.

Then he felt no more...

Dan spits after the man and yells into other rooms "We need to bounce, pronto!!! We'll be swarmed like an open sewer on a hot day in less than an hour." He nearly automatically reloads the revolver with normal ammo this time to get some distance if they get caught on the road. But this time he loads both shotgun barrels with Dragon Breath. Just as he was finishing reloading he catches his look in one of the reflective surfaces...or what was left of it.

He closes a bit noticing a bunch of glass and wooden pieces that remained stuck in him, seemingly still having enough blood left to stand and swear "Jesus D. Christ I look like I just ran through IKEA 60 mph butt naked." He noticed a body outside that new guy and Succubus kindly tenderized. He walks to grab his bag with all his possessions then quips "I'll wait outside for you." Soon sickening sounds can be heard, like in an old butcher shop. Than Slaming against one mercifully whole part of the porch.

The first one out can notice Dan cleaning his enormous knife and appraising his "Art" installation. The body of one of the guys Olivia sliced and diced and the other two finished was "Blood Eagled" on the Wall of the house with PURE SCUM written above in blood. Finishing, he was using a long kniting needle and patiently removing pellets from the shotgun. Staying away from bullet wounds for now. Fortunately, most were grazed but 3 managed to remain inside. Finishing the pulled a bottle of vodka from his bag took a good sip and then splashed it over his chest and cleaned the mess for better vision. To his credit, he kept his maw shut this time but nearly hopped from foot to foot as alcohol cleaned the blood, and various grime to leave just clean wounds.

He actually dragged out from the pocket several female hygiene products, more precisely tampons, and shoved them in bullet holes. This time not so silently, but after each one he quickly applied many times cleaned and reused gause, and tied it over as well as he could. "We'll have to deal with the rest if we manage to get where that old bum told us. No time to pull them out here." He didn't even bother with the face, the last thing he needed now is a big red target that is his head.

Tools of the Trade

Guns:

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Immediate:

When their bullets drop one of the men and the last flees, Janet moves to finish him off, only to see Dan take a shot, hearing the thud of the former soldier. "Well, that's that, I guess. You're right, we oughta get out of here. Here, I will patch you up a bit better than that, just gonna grab my gun real quick." She runs up the stairs, the sound of a herd of elephants unexpected from such a small woman. She grabs her rifle, quickly reloading it before running back downstairs, grabbing her bag. She walks out the front doors, her eyes bugging out at the sight. "Dude, what the **** is wrong with you? Gross... You're not like, a serial killer or something, are you?"

Trying to hold down her lunch, she will help healHealing hex, only usable once per day per person each of the others a bit.

Tools of the Trade

Spells:

Healing, Slumber

Actions/OOC

Healing Dan

Healing Olivia

Healing Bhagat

Edited by spitfire6006006 (see edit history)
Name
Healing Dan
1d8+3 6
Healing Olivia
1d8+3 7
Healing Bhagat
1d8+3 5

Assimar.jpg.8e8591eeb2cabfd9a6bd0275eb0e038e.jpgOlivia | AC 18 | CMB +7 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 24/42 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |

Olivia sighs, upon stepping out to see Dans handy work. That's not going to help. People tend to get more set in their ways when they see their friend's and family's bodies messed with. Some may want to back off but for every 2 that quit three will step forward to fill the gap.

Equipment

Mechanical actions 

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Immediate:

OOC:

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/8d/0e/e6/8d0ee63cef179103b6f148b8aff73d63.jpgDan | AC 19 | CMB +7 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 37/42 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |

Dan suddenly feels a bit better and looser splinters come out of the skin and the wounds left behind stop bleeding. And grunts "Sure some people get useful s*it and I become Megatron...just smaller...and less cool." At snakegirls appreciation of his art he shrugs. "Or something."

He looks at Olivia "I waged the wars before, I won the wars before, I lost the wars before. I never learned some profound lesson from it, but I did learn one truth. What I did learn is that you can't break bread with some people. And if you go to war with them you kill until you, or every member of their kin is dead. Yes, three more will come, it will save me the trouble of coming after them."

He points at the desecrated body with a tip of a needle "And this specifically is a message from one bastard to another. Five miles into the countryside there is a house. To the porch wall is a nailed family of four, father, mother, boy of 13, and girl of 9. Above them is written DEVIANT SCUM. Unfortunately, they did not have the pleasure to be dead when this was done to them." Dan gets silent for a while and his jaw tightens "The man was the younger brother of my Seargent-In-Arms. Wasn't one of us, straight as an arrow, got married, worked at the gas station." Another pause while Dan returned the needle in his pack.

The old man's voice was calm but there is a storm in his dark eyes "When he was younger and his brother had to do time, I took care of him. He called me "Uncle", I was godfather to both of his children." He looks Olivia in the eyes "So, I just figured if artists who did that see this will know that someone appreciates their work and would like to meet them."

Tools of the Trade

Guns:

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Immediate:

spacer.pngBhagat Garibaldi | AC 19 | CMB +7 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 31/38 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |
Init: +5 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +7 | Will: +5 | Grit: 3/3 | Luck: 5/7
(active rounds remaining: 0 after this one)

Bhagat sighs with relief as Janet's healing takes effect, shaking his blade off and slipping it back into its sheath with nary a bit of gore to be found - in fact he appeared as rakishly well-kempt as before, if not more so.

"Thanks, black magic woman. And I agree we should get moving," he remarks, taking Dan's lead and reloading his irons. "Feet, don't fail me now."

Tools of the Trade

Spells:

Cantrips: Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Message, Spark, Summon Instrument

L1: 2/2 - Grease, Feather Fall

MW Revolver +8 (x4) | T. Machete +7 (1d6+2, 19-20/x2)

MW Bolt-Action Rifle +8 (2d8, 19-20/x4) | MW Semi-Auto Pistol +8 (x2)

Actions/OOC

Free: last round of Luck, +2 to attack, damage, saving throws, and skill checks, drawing my pistol while moving

Swift:

Move: 5' step NE

Standard: Pistol attack w/ Extra shot

Immediate:

OOC: