It's a Dry Heat

Eborne1

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/8d/0e/e6/8d0ee63cef179103b6f148b8aff73d63.jpg

"They are not only monsters around, but point taken, weapon stays out but pointed toward floor." As he said he lowers the pistol but remains n cover making sure whoever their guest is see both metal bonded to his arm and the deadly piece of metal in his hand.

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

v3EC3XI.png.570c0edaabe9153dcb3df50f58653958.pngJanet the Witch Mysterious Stranger 3 / Witch 1

AC: 14 CMD: 18 HP: 36/36

Fort: +5
Ref: +6
Will: +3

Janet is about to say something when the knock comes. She quickly grabs the pistol she's had at hand, hopping over the back of the couch, ducking down behind, her arms resting on the back of the furniture, pistol trained on the door. She gives a quick hiss, and her familiar slithers underneath. "You two sure bout that? Can't hurt to be a little more ready."

"Hey, slowpoke I was the one that had a pistol trained at the door while you were still counting cracks at the ceiling with your slithering friend. I figure I'm not that old that if Angel Wings get shot, no offense, I won't be able to raise my arm and return fire. At least my cover isn't cloth and springs."

Like it just hit him he adds "Sorry for the nicknames, we just met it will take a bit for the names to come naturally in these situations. No offense meant... And maybe I AM a tiny bit on the old side and tend to forget things."

Dan wistfully thinks of days when he had people dunked in vats of sulphuric acid and had vat buried in the desert but remembers that he decided to be a better person now and just gives a half smile as he slides completely behind the wall and signs to Jannet that he'll go out the window and around the house trying to flank the whoever knocked from the right-pointing a window few feet on Jannets left. The plan was to catch whoever it was in the pincer movement. He waited to hear any sign of confirmation or complaint from the snake charmer.

spacer.pngBhagat Garibaldi | AC 19 | CMB +7 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 38/38 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |
Init: +5 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +7 | Will: +5 | Grit: 3/3 | Luck: 7/7

Before the door even opens, Bhagat has both his hands in the air, waving his fingers and wears an unearthly smile of gleaming white teeth.

"Why why... my my... lady of my dreams," he says to Olivia in a rhythm that borders on melody as he strolls right past her and into the house despite the several gun barrels pointed at his face. "Did everyone get such a warm welcome, or is it just my good luck?" Bhagat asks, his smile melting into a subtle grin as he glances around at the interior of the old house with an expression of mild disapproval.

Tools of the Trade

Spells:

Cantrips: Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Message, Spark, Summon Instrument

L1: 2/2 - Grease, Feather Fall

MW Revolver +8 (x4) | T. Machete +7 (1d6+2, 19-20/x2) | MW Bolt-Action Rifle +8 (2d8, 19-20/x4)

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Immediate:

OOC:

Edited by Eborne1 (see edit history)

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/8d/0e/e6/8d0ee63cef179103b6f148b8aff73d63.jpgDan | AC 19 | CMB +7 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 42/42 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |
Init: +4| Fort: +7 | Ref: +7 | Will: +3 | Grit: 4/4 | Luck: ?/?

"Nope, lazybones found it first. then I saw the lovely barrel of her gun, Angel was the next. Now you." Dan hit himself over the head as he forgot something but despite that, his gun arm hasn't wavered (the one he raised as soon as he moved. "By the way, I beg your forgiveness, the age is catching up with me"

He leans toward the others in the room "We are obvious, wings, horns, and metal" He wandered where the snake is gone "If it would not be much of issue what is your gift?"

Tools of the Trade

Guns:

Revolver: 1d20+8 (Dragon Breath), 1d10+4 (x4), 40 ft, 6 cartridges

Pistol: 1d20+8 (Extra Shot), 1d8+4 (x2), 30 ft, 10 rounds

1-H Sawed-Off: 1d20+7 (Dragon's Breath or Stopping Power), 1d8+4/3d4+4 (x2/x3), 10/20 ft

Shortsword: 1d20+7, 1d6+3, (19-20/x2)

Unarmed: 1d20+7, 1d6+3, (x2)

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Immediate:

OOC:

v3EC3XI.png.570c0edaabe9153dcb3df50f58653958.pngJanet Goldwyn | AC 14 | CMB +5 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 36/36 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |
Init: +5 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +6 | Will: +3 | Grit: 3/3

Janet gives the old man a look man a look only a girl whose teenage years in college had been interrupted by a magical apocalypse could, and rolls her eyes. "Just open it, we'll deal with them."

When Olivia opens the door and the man just...walks in she lets out an audible "Ugh" sound. "Well, most of us didn't just announce our presence so audibly. Maybe we should've just pretended nobody was home." She stands up from her crouch behind the furniture. "I don't suppose you're delivering a pizza or anything? I miss pizza..."

Tools of the Trade

Spells:

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message

L1: Charm Person, Murderous Crow

Hexes: (DC 13)
Healing, Slumber

MW Semi-auto pistol +7 (1d8, x2) | Bolt-Action Rifle +6 (2d8, 19-20/x4)

Actions/OOC

GM

turninggod1.jpg.5d4a8f4ed1335c91cadca4c2e8aa8f8b.jpgA sudden bout of hearty laughter, at Janet's comment, comes from behind the group where an elderly man cloaked in dark grey, who you're certain wasn't there mere moments prior, now sits in plain view of everyone at the kitchen table.

He has a long white beard and stark, pale-blue eyes and his dress seems like something a wizard might wear in a fantasy movie. The man radiates a nearly tangible energy and despite the sweltering heat in the house, no perspiration marks his brow. Further, and quite oddly, he apparently sips on an iced beverage from a finely wrought crystalline glass.

"Well then...," the curious man says after several moments of awkward silence. "...now that we're all here, I suppose we ought to get down to business."

"First off, I'm sure you all have many questions for me. I regret, however, to tell you that they will have to wait, for time is pressing. Yes, I am the one who called you here. No, I did not choose you. I'm just the messenger." The man pulls a gold pocket watch out from beneath his cloak. He flips open the lid and furls his brow, before closing the watch and stowing it away again.

"Ok, let's get to it..."the man continues. "The world is going to sh#t. I realize that you are probably thinking, 'Did he say 'GOING?!?', because it sure seems to me that it's gone and gotten there...' Am I right? Well, I'm here to tell you that THIS!" he says, gesturing generally outward with one hand, "... is NOTHING at all."

"Believe me, when I tell you that it's going to get A LOT worse... The Turning has only just begun. And you four are, at the moment, the only tiny spark of hope we have against the coming deluge."

"I realize this explanation is vague, but the rest will have to wait." The man stands up from the table at which point you notice for the first time how tall he is. He finishes off his drink and the glass swiftly disappears into one loose sleeve of his cloak. "Now listen to me very closely, all of you," he says with a look of utmost seriousness. "They know you're here. Pure Hunters are right down the street and they're closing in on the house. They don't know how important you are. If they did, there'd be an army out there. Now, I've seen this day unfold about 10,000 times and you should believe me when I say that your chances of surviving the next hour are best if you STAY IN THE HOUSE... and fight until everyone out there is dead. Then you shoul leave in short order, for others will certainly hear the shooting and you won't survive the group The Pure sends next."

"Don't linger in the area. Get to Steve the Farrier in Barrio Rosa. It's about an hour's walk South. Tell him you're there to help with the water problem. I'll meet up with you again later."

The old man checks his watch again. "Now I highly suggest you close the front door and take cover," he says gesturing toward the front of the house where across the street you see several men shuffling into position behind a pair of cars.

When you look back in the direction of the old man, he is gone.

"Good luck... Don't die..." you hear in a fading whisper.

THE SITUATION

💀 You don't know how many Pure soldiers are outside.
💀 They don't know that you know they're coming.
💀 You have a few precious moments to decide what you're doing.

--> Roll Perception Checks

HOUSE MAP

*Hopefully not too confusing... (adjusted grid size)

OldHouse(bottomfloor).png.79489e37d39e309924ba03bfaaafdb26.pngOldHouse(TopFloor).png.3c6c01ecd880f69ded4a60e9c14369c1.png

Assimar.jpg.8e8591eeb2cabfd9a6bd0275eb0e038e.jpgOlivia | AC 18 | CMB +7 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 42/42 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |
Init: +4| Fort: +7 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 | Grit: 2

No worries Baby Face, Old man just about shot me when I popped up She says, going to close the door but stopped by the sudden appearance of the old man Well **** me seven days till Sunday, She says slamming the door shut, and pulling her rifle and going to a window, looking out.

Equipment

[B]Masterwork Revolver (.357) (6/6 (Standard Action Reload)) [/B] +8 (1d10, x4)
[B]Masterwork Bolt Action (30-06) (7/7 (Full Round Reload)) [/B] +8 (2d8, 19-20/x4)
[B]Masterwork Scimitar [/B] +8 (1d6+2, 18-20/x2)
[B]Masterwork Studded Leather Armor[/B] (+3 Armor, +4 Dex)

Mechanical actions 

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Immediate:

OOC:

Edited by Lunermist (see edit history)
Name
Perception
1d20+7 20

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/8d/0e/e6/8d0ee63cef179103b6f148b8aff73d63.jpgDan | AC 19 | CMB +7 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 42/42 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |

"Jesus. You can't even be an "Old Guy" anymore." He looks at others "I suggest the second floor for longer rangers.

I'll stay on the first floor with anyone who has low-range weapons and then we retreat. Suggestions?"

Tools of the Trade

Guns:

1-H Sawed-Off: 1d20+7 (Dragon's Breath or Stopping Power), 1d8+4/3d4+4 (x2/x3), 10/20 ft

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Immediate:

OOC:

v3EC3XI.png.570c0edaabe9153dcb3df50f58653958.pngJanet Goldwyn | AC 14 | CMB +5 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 36/36 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |
Init: +5 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +6 | Will: +3 | Grit: 3/3

Janet jumps, very nearly shooting at the man who had appeared out of nowhere. "You're damn right it's gettin worse when random old men just appear out of nowhere!" She listens to him going on, and when he mentions the hunters down the street, she turns to look back at the door the new arrival had just come through. "You couldn't have warned us a little earlier? You really needed to wait until slow-poke got here?" She sighs, holstering her pistol and picking up the rifle she had leaning on the couch. "Steve the...farrier? Like a guy who makes horseshoes? Or a guy with a boat...and he's gone" She rolls her eyes when she looks back to find him missing, only his cryptic whispers left behind.

She gives Dan a nod, moving toward the stairs. "Let me know if anyone gets hit, I can help a little with the wound." She hisses, her familiar slithering out, and she squats down quickly to pick him up, putting him into a large pocket before disappearing up the stairs, heading to one of the rooms on the front of the house on the second floor.

Tools of the Trade

Spells:

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message

L1: Charm Person, Murderous Crow

Hexes: (DC 13)
Healing, Slumber

MW Semi-auto pistol +7 (1d8, x2) | Bolt-Action Rifle +6 (2d8, 19-20/x4)

Actions/OOC

Name
Perception
1d20+6 4

Dan moves toward the backdoors grabs his bag with ammo and positions himself low at the niche so he'd need to go a bit up to see enemies but on the plus, no one would be able to see him either and he had GOOD protection from the main door with several walls in between and just a short run toward the stairs.

He swiftly peaks out the back door and then behind the corner toward the main one. He returns the pistol to the holster and nearly the same move pulls out a sawed-off cocking both barrels but keeping the finger only on the slug one and pointing it straight to the backdoor almost close enough to touch he slings the bag over the shoulder. And keep for the enemy or the info from above.

Tools of the Trade

Guns:

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Immediate:

OOC: If it's not clear Dan is hidden in that small room next to the back door

Name
roll
1d20+8 11

spacer.pngBhagat Garibaldi | AC 19 | CMB +7 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 38/38 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |
Init: +5 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +7 | Will: +5 | Grit: 3/3 | Luck: 7/7

The sudden appearance and disappearance of the wizardly man left Bhagat as stumped as before, just with more context to the complete enigma he found himself embroiled in, apparently further than he had imagine.

"I feel so informed. I'll post down here with my rifle; they get too close, I'll give 'em the David Byrne," he says, unshouldering his rifle and heading for a position at a ground floor window. "Oh, pleased to meet you, but you won't guess my name. It's Bhagat - hey , how ya doin, all that."

Tools of the Trade

Spells:

Cantrips: Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Message, Spark, Summon Instrument

L1: 2/2 - Grease, Feather Fall

MW Revolver +8 (x4) | T. Machete +7 (1d6+2, 19-20/x2) | MW Bolt-Action Rifle +8 (2d8, 19-20/x4)

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Immediate:

OOC:

GM

The four corrupted out-of-towners scramble into position in the old house as the PURE Hunters move into position for an assault.

The brief, rigid silence before the storm is deafening as the ensuing calamity sets to unfold.

Suddenly, shots from across the street begin raining down on the front of the house, shattering windows and tearing through wood and upholstery.

💀 ROLL FOR INITIATIVE!! 💀

(Olivia and Dan may take one Move or Standard Action)

MAP

(Hopefully, this is clear enough for everyone)

OLIVIA - DAN - BHAGAT - JANET   |-----| = 5ft N <-------

OldHouse(bottomfloor).png.8cdebf35f8ddf791a0ca74104d49fd10.pngtopround1.png.0cc732683efef00daf3acea2e02a29e6.png

OOC

This will be an evolving process as I figure out my methods of madness... Your patience is appreciated.