It's a Dry Heat

Eborne1

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/8d/0e/e6/8d0ee63cef179103b6f148b8aff73d63.jpgDan | AC 19 | CMB +7 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 42/42 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |
Init: +4| Fort: +7 | Ref: +7 | Will: +3 | Grit: 1/4 | Luck: ?/?

The old man started cursing for a good minute before looking at the skies "Is this about me skipping P.E. when I was a kid? Because I think your reciprocity is shit." He looks at others "Fast run over the field, or slow and steady advance through the filled? Just to clear up I'm not going back that area is infested by PURE asses, we were too slow." He peeks through the grass

Tools of the Trade

Guns:

Revolver: 1d20+8 (Dragon Breath), 1d10+4 (x4), 40 ft, 6 cartridges

Pistol MW: 1d20+9 (Extra Shot), 1d8+4 (x2), 30 ft, 10 rounds

1-H Sawed-Off: 1d20+7 (Dragon's Breath or Stopping Power), 1d8+4/3d4+4 (x2/x3), 10/20 ft

Shortsword: 1d20+7, 1d6+3, (19-20/x2)

Unarmed: 1d20+7, 1d6+3, (x2)

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Immediate:

OOC:

Remaining Loot From The Previous Battle:

-Hammer (Light mace)

-Machete

-+1 MW Big Orange Home Depot Axe (+1 Greataxe)

-Pump Shotguns x2

-Shells (no slugs) x8

-MW Semi-Auto Pistol

-Semi-Auto Pistol (Formerly Dan's he put it in as he took one MW one)

-Semi-Auto Pistol Clip

-Rifle

-Rifle Rounds x10

Name
Perception
2d20+8 7,1

• 2 weeks later...

Assimar.jpg.8e8591eeb2cabfd9a6bd0275eb0e038e.jpgOlivia | AC 18 | CMB +7 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 24/42 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |
Init: +4| Fort: +7 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 | Grit: 1
Favored Enemy(Human): +2 Attack, Damage, Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival

Olivia growls keeping her voice low Slow and steady I'd think but be ready to run if needed?

Equipment

[B]Masterwork Revolver (.357) (6/6 (Standard Action Reload)) [/B] +8 (1d10, x4)
(2d6 Fire, Reflex DC 14 (+2 with Dragon Fire Deed)
[B]Masterwork Bolt Action (30-06) (7/7 (Full Round Reload)) [/B] +8 (2d8, 19-20/x4)
[B]Masterwork Scimitar [/B] +8 (1d6+2, 18-20/x2)
[B]Masterwork Studded Leather Armor[/B] (+3 Armor, +4 Dex)

Mechanical actions 

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Immediate:

OOC:

Name
Perception
1d20+7 11

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/8d/0e/e6/8d0ee63cef179103b6f148b8aff73d63.jpgDan | AC 19 | CMB +7 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 42/42 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |

"Sooo first try to be stealthy and if that fails run to the place where bullets are NOT flying from, works for me. Do we go with a pointsman or all at once? Far for me to throw a fellow snake under the bus but we kinda literally have one. Not to mention that Jan and Bagget have long barrels and can put down more effectively covering fire than I could. I'd say snake first, two of us then two long barrels in the rare."

Tools of the Trade

Guns:

1-H Sawed-Off: 1d20+7 (Dragon's Breath or Stopping Power), 1d8+4/3d4+4 (x2/x3), 10/20 ft

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Immediate:

OOC:

-Hammer (Light mace)

-Machete

-Pump Shotguns x2

-Shells (no slugs) x8

-MW Semi-Auto Pistol

-Semi-Auto Pistol Clip

-Rifle

-Rifle Rounds x10

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

The crew starts out, moving slowly and steadily across the overgrown field of dry grasses and weeds, your heads on a swivel, your eyes scanning the surroundings.

Suddenly Olivia stops dead in her tracks and signals the crew to also stop. She sees something in the middle of the field. She signals as much and soon the rest of you come to see it too.

You can't make it out, exactly, what it is. You just see the grass shifting and swaying.

There's something there... something big.

Or.... perhaps several things.

Everyone Roll a Stealth Check

Edited by Eborne1 (see edit history)

Dan Carefully sneaks forward.

Tools of the Trade

Guns:

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Immediate:

OOC:

-Hammer (Light mace)

-Machete

-Pump Shotguns x2

-Shells (no slugs) x8

-MW Semi-Auto Pistol

-Semi-Auto Pistol Clip

-Rifle

-Rifle Rounds x10

Name
Stealth
1d20+4 8

Assimar.jpg.8e8591eeb2cabfd9a6bd0275eb0e038e.jpgOlivia | AC 18 | CMB +7 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 24/42 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |
Init: +4| Fort: +7 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 | Grit: 1
Favored Enemy(Human): +2 Attack, Damage, Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival

Olivia tenses for a moment, crouching low to the ground

Equipment

[B]Masterwork Revolver (.357) (6/6 (Standard Action Reload)) [/B] +8 (1d10, x4)
(2d6 Fire, Reflex DC 14 (+2 with Dragon Fire Deed)
[B]Masterwork Bolt Action (30-06) (7/7 (Full Round Reload)) [/B] +8 (2d8, 19-20/x4)
[B]Masterwork Scimitar [/B] +8 (1d6+2, 18-20/x2)
[B]Masterwork Studded Leather Armor[/B] (+3 Armor, +4 Dex)

Mechanical actions 

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Immediate:

OOC:

Name
Stealth
1d20+10 15

• 2 weeks later...
BEASTS

SNAP!!

A dry stick breaks under Dan's foot. He lets out a muffled curse in spite of himself. Bhagat, Gloria and Janet all freeze and look at the man incredulously. He responds with a silent "oops" in the form of a grimace and a shrug.

Everyone then looks toward the middle of the overgrown field with bated breath.

At first, nothing happens, but then the dry, waist-high grass, about 90 feet away begins to shift and part in a line that moves slowly but surely ever nearer. A moment later, another such line of parting grass begins drawing a slow arcing pattern around in the direction of the group's flank.

Meanwhile, and unbeknownst to the four travelers, a separate group of two corrupted survivors, who'd found kinship in their appreciation of chemistry and had thusly been traveling together for some while, were hunkered down in some shade near the field's perimeter. They had fortunately noticed the looming threat preying on its fresh kill in the middle of the grassy field ahead of time and had wisely elected to wait in hiding until they finished and left.

That is until they saw the group of four, obviously corrupted, denizens breakthrough from the dense bushes across the field and scale the fence there. Once the two realized the group of four was heading directly into trouble, they had a choice to make...

OOC

The field's tall grass offers all creatures 'soft cover' (+4AC) outside of melee range.
Everyone is aware of the constantly looming danger of PURE patrols within city limits and the repercussions of firing your weapons out in the open.
Of course, sometimes there's no choice...

Soccerfieldfight1.jpg.ab0b8a061ed782f3c006562e975823d5.jpg

Green = Dan

Blue = Bhagat

Yellow = Olivia

Red = Janet

Edited by Eborne1 (see edit history)

Sarah, HP 39, AC 16, Speed 30ft, CMB +6, CMD 18, Init +2, Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +3

Current weapon: Pump-action shotgun

Sarah was quietly fidgeting with one of her explosives, waiting for the beasts to simply pass them by. When they started moving, she was relieved at first. But then she saw why they were moving, and she quickly put a her free hand over her mouth to stiffle the incoming swearing

"Damnit! Where did they even come from!? Can... can they take them out? D'oh, who am I kidding, these things were already hard to kill back then and now they're worse! But I can't abandon them to their fate like that..."

Reflexively clenching her fist, she turns over to her companion and whispers

"I suppose your pistol can't shoot that far, can it?"

Edited by Abalon (see edit history)

spacer.pngWarren 'Mad' Murdock | AC 1815 Touch, 13 Flat-Footed| CMB +6 | CMD 21FCMD: 16 | HP 39/39| Speed 30' | Init +6| Fort +6 | Ref +7 | Will +4 | Grit 2/2
Mw. Semi-Automatic Pistol  +8/+6 (
1d6+4, x2, 10/10, 30') | Mw. Longsword +8 (1d8+3, 19-20/x2) | Bombs +8 (1d6+3, 5/5, 20')
Current Ongoing Effects: None

Letting out a heavy sigh that stirred the tips of his voluminous mustache, Murdock grimaces. Muttering in a low voice, he shakes his head, "Maybe when the devil trades his pitchfork for a snow shovel."

Glancing at Sarah, he gives her the side eye. "Are you seriously about to sugge..." Pinching the bridge of his nose, he shakes his head in resignation, "Of course you are. Can we at least wait until we see if they run or stand and fight? If we rush in and they use the opportunity to just run away, we'd just die in their place, Sarah."

Mechanics & OOC

Draw Pistol

Edited by BBK (see edit history)

Sarah, HP 39, AC 16, Speed 30ft, CMB +6, CMD 18, Init +2, Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +3, Grit 2/2

Current weapon: Machette (+7, 1d8+3, melee)

She turns away from Murdock and grumbles. The worst part about his sarcasm is when he actually makes a point

"Hey, you can stay here in the back and rest your old bones if you want. I hate this plan too, but I'd hate leaving people to die even more"

With that, she makes sure her shotgun is loaded, in case melee combat proved seriously out of the question, and pulls out her machette, nervously watching the scene unfold

"Come on, fly you fools..."

spacer.pngWarren 'Mad' Murdock | AC 18| CMB +6 | CMD 21 | HP 39/39| Speed 60' | Init +6| Fort +6 | Ref +7 | Will +4 | Grit 2/2
Mw. Semi-Automatic Pistol  +8/+6 (
1d6+4, x2, 10/10, 30') | Mw. Longsword +8 (1d8+3, 19-20/x2) | Bombs +8 (1d6+3, 5/5, 20')
Current Ongoing Effects: Expeditious Retreat (60 Seconds)

Murdock mutters darkly, speaking in a low hiss, "Oh yes. Much better that we put ourselves in the position to be left to die instead. That way there is an air of nobility about it. Makes perfect sense."

His grousing beside, he checks his pistol's magazine, sliding it back into place gently until the soft click of the locking mechanism confirms its place. Slowly and carefully racking the slide, eliciting another click, he starts one-handedly checking his bandolier's loops for his alchemical supply and spare single-shot pistol, confirming their position and readiness before sliding his pistol back into its place, satisfied of its readiness. Taking out a vial and knocking it back in one swig after giving her a grumpy frown, he nods at the now-empty vial, and grumbles, "Now I'll make it there well before you do, and," Pulling out his bomb chucker, he offers it to Sarah, "This'll give you more range than your boomstick, so you can provide some decently accurate cover fire sooner."

Mechanics & OOC

Uses prepared formula: Expeditious Retreat (Duration: 1 Minute)

Offers Bomb Chucker to Sarah to give her an extra +10' range increment with thrown bombs.

Edited by BBK (see edit history)
Name
Initiative
1d20+6 3

Sarah, HP 39, AC 16, Speed 30ft, CMB +6, CMD 18, Init +2, Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +3, Grit 2/2

Current weapon: Murdock's bomb chucker (+8, 1d6+4, 30ft)

Sarah just rolls her eyes while listening to Murdock's complaining, smirking under her facemask as he prepares for the fight. She didn't plan to just rush these things without some form of plan, but his complaining was a little funny. When he offers her the bomb-chucker, she takes it, looking at it for a few moments before putting it on

"Thanks, I'll try not to blow you up with it"

Knowing full well that she won't be using it this fight, she slings the shotgun back on her shoulder and tightens the bandolier so it doesn't fall mid-bomb throw. She keeps the machette on hand though

OOC

Damnit! If I knew those existed I would've taken one! Ah, whatever, we can say she lost hers at some point. I should probably finish the list of additional stuff I have on me before the fight properly begins. And make my spell list because for the longest time I thought I couldn't spellcast but no I can't make potions, which is different from extracts. Bloody hell past me, read the god damn novels :p

Also for some reason I put my bombs as having a 30ft range, but I can't remember why since it's 20ft base. Huh

• 2 weeks later...

Init: +4| Fort: +7 | Ref: +7 | Will: +3 | Grit: 4/4 | Luck: ?/?

Dan spits, he sees just blurry shapes from here, they are being stalked and he extremely detests his own favored strategy being used against him by something. He glances briefly at the rest of the crew, he wasn't particularly sentimental, he met them a few days later. Still, they seemed like a solid crew...possible crew. The old man draws his enormous knife still slightly sticky from the Pure scum he butchered and nailed to the doors and puts it between his teeth, then takes out a double barrel, and motions for others to stay back he again slinks forward toward creeping shadows again with cocked both barrels. His weathered eyes looked at the dry grass and he almost growled himself. he was wounded, he was outnumbered, if luck left him now, he hoped he at least managed to stick one of the beasts deep enough to remember him for a while. He moves 20 feet diagonally before holding a finger on the trigger and sets in as comfortable a firing position as he was able under the circumstances he licked his finger and raised it slightly to feel the wind at the same time observing the movement of the grass.

His mind raced first bullet 45 degrees to the right, second same to the left leaving a narrow window in the middle that would close quickly if the wind was good, leaving just enough space for big bastards to come single file. Then worst-case scenario, the wind screws him over completely and nothing sets on fire and just reveals his position for the beasts. He hoped his last tussle would at least give off enough noise for others to have an idea of where to shoot. He felt adrenaline starting to pump that second before committing. Still better than sex.

Two shots almost merge into one as two sprays of fire slam the ground 15 feet in front of him, he sees that at least the fire part will work as it ignites as the land was already covered in gasoline 30 feet wide wall of fire blazes 15 feet from him and about 20 feet away from beasts he holsters the shotgun and spits the knife in his left hand hoping that if it comes to it he'll have enough time to draw his hand cannon. He always liked westers as a kid, although he never thought he'd had to quickdraw against a monster hidden behind an inferno. "GO ^%$$ YOU &()*(& AND @#%$^... tirade of obscenities in 4 and a half languages spilled from him as his frayed nerves finally lose their cool.

Tools of the Trade

Guns:

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Immediate:

OOC:

-Hammer (Light mace)

-Machete

-Pump Shotguns x2

-Shells (no slugs) x8

-MW Semi-Auto Pistol

-Semi-Auto Pistol Clip

-Rifle

-Rifle Rounds x10

Name
Intimidate
1d20+9 7
Initiative
1d20+4 4