Get your blue milk here (OOC)

Malkavian Grin

2 hours ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Assuming the following meets @Phntm888's approval...

1. Dye his hair to some other relatively natural looking color (blonde, red, brown...). He can choose the color.

2. Lighten his skin tone on his face and hands (the exposed parts).

3. Use makeup to age him (to a robust middle age): salt his hair with distinguished-looking gray at his temples, makeup to give him wrinkles, e.g. deepen the natural lines/wrinkles of his face, give him crows eyes.... Old clones shouldn't exist in this timeframe, so aging should make people not think "clone."

4. Given him a (fake) tattoo in a visible spot (face, neck, hand...), openly displaying the symbol of the Freelance Mercenary Corps. They fought for the Confederacy during the Clone Wars. @8w_gremlin Remy would have provided the intel based on his knowledge skill or a search of the Resurgence's database. He would have provide an image to copy and details about where members of the Corps typically wore the tattoo. If you'll allow the Cooperation (under Combined Attempts) rules for Skill use, this means that Remy is helping Nina with the disguise, so if he makes a DC 10 check (and he can take 10 on it), he gets to add +2 to Nina's check result. So we've got a 20 instead of an 18.

@Malkavian Grin Did you see this post?

@Wizard of the Coat yes i saw your post. I'm okay with most of that. The tattoo part is a nice touch but will require a Knowledge (galactic lore) DC 15 to even know of their existence. As far As i can tell they are a small company that only took part in one major confrontation. It doesn't appear they are necessarily famous unless I'm missing an article?

I would need @8w_gremlin to roll those checks (lore and helping with disguise should the lore check succeed).

14 hours ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Assuming the following meets @Phntm888's approval...

1. Dye his hair to some other relatively natural looking color (blonde, red, brown...). He can choose the color.

2. Lighten his skin tone on his face and hands (the exposed parts).

3. Use makeup to age him (to a robust middle age): salt his hair with distinguished-looking gray at his temples, makeup to give him wrinkles, e.g. deepen the natural lines/wrinkles of his face, give him crows eyes.... Old clones shouldn't exist in this timeframe, so aging should make people not think "clone."

4. Given him a (fake) tattoo in a visible spot (face, neck, hand...), openly displaying the symbol of the Freelance Mercenary Corps. They fought for the Confederacy during the Clone Wars. @8w_gremlin Remy would have provided the intel based on his knowledge skill or a search of the Resurgence's database. He would have provide an image to copy and details about where members of the Corps typically wore the tattoo. If you'll allow the Cooperation (under Combined Attempts) rules for Skill use, this means that Remy is helping Nina with the disguise, so if he makes a DC 10 check (and he can take 10 on it), he gets to add +2 to Nina's check result. So we've got a 20 instead of an 18.

This all looks fine to me. Shade will grumble about the tattoo, but accepts it. We'll go brown hair.

3 hours ago, 8w_gremlin said:

added a post that incorporates the rolls, and progresses the narrative as well.
Hope that's ok.

"However I don't help as my optics doesn't work the same way that your flesh bag sight do, and I describe it oddly."

I cackled upon reading this. Great stuff as usual :3

Hey everyone, I started writing my Nina post but didn't get it done, and today is a crazy-busy day. I just wanted to check in and remind everyone that Nina talked the old admiral into giving her 1000 credits for bribes. If we burn through that money, then people pitching in credits might matter. But for now, we've got it covered.

On 3/25/2024 at 11:43 AM, Malkavian Grin said:

The bribe is the game's way of spending resources to bypass a mechanic. We could try the mind trick, but those aren't permanent. Eventually he'll realized he was talked into doing a dangerous (to him) thing by giving rookies powerful explosives. Could mean bad future mojo for you and gear if there's a sudden tax...

In my eyes, Mind Trick can be really strong but it leaves a paper trail of emotional damage. That comes with its own problems. 😈

You could instead with a good Persuasion check talk him into getting a "bribe's worth" of something on Cato Neimoidia... Likely a bag of drugs from the Hutt's palace.

The reason I mention mind trick was because its specifically states the follow "You make an otherwise unpalatable suggestion seem completely reasonable to the target. You must be able to communicate with the target, and the suggestion can't obviously threaten the target's life. The target won't realize later that what they did is unacceptable"

However I appreciate the mechanic of a roll during downtime. Roll below.

Persuade the quartermaster

Persuade the Quartermaster

roll

sorry the second roll didn't show up until I did the third roll 😒

Edited by Hades-666 (see edit history)
Name
Persuade the quartermaster
SyntaxError: Unexpected token 1d20
roll 1d20+9
Persuade the Quartermaster
1d20+9 17
roll
1d20+9 15

On 4/2/2024 at 3:25 PM, 8w_gremlin said:

However I don't help as my optics doesn't work the same way that your flesh bag sight do, and I describe it oddly.

So what I'm hearing is, you know of a helpful tattoo but can't figure out how to describe it, so Shade ends up with a unique (temporary) facial tattoo that is essentially meaningless but probably no less intimidating. 🤣