The Coming Dawn - Page 1

Xerin

Francis King - Lionheart

image.jpeg.dab08741c4105a45ee1b4c3a43bcf1f3.jpegFrancis wordlessly nodded in response to Jake, watching him depart. Taking another look at the slip of paper, his expression grew deeply puzzled. To anyone looking at him, he just stood there statue-esque, staring at the paper as though he was zoning off.

"Have you need of my counsel, young pharaoh?"

"What's this writing, Maahes? Something about it seems really familiar, but I can't place it."

"Hmm... In all my years, I have come to know many forms of written word made by your kind. Yet, this eludes even my memory, as the snake eludes the hawk."

"Are you sure? I know I've seen this before. If I can recognize this but you can't, then this might be something more modern. Look, these symbols have runic elements to them, and I think that's some sort of cuneiform, but... I don't know. Whatever it is, it's not from any historical civilization I've studied. Seems we've got some homework to do."

"Very well, young pharaoh. When you weary of your sand-worn scrolls, perhaps we can hunt for this artifact in my form."

With that, Francis suddenly snapped back into the present. Collapsing the slip of paper back into his fist, he hastily walked away from the crowd straight for the library. Once he arrived, he looked for the librarian, whoever that might be. He guessed it would either be Ms. Stephanie Brown, the English teacher, or Curtis Knox, the History teacher, but maybe it's someone (or something) completely different.

Mechanics & OOC

Character Sheet

Voice Claim for Francis - Robin (Jesse McCartney)

Voice Claim for Maahes - Mufasa (James Earl Jones)

OOC: -

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)

Jocelyn Davis

jocelyn_davis_challenger.pngDodge 6 Parry 6 Fortitude 6 Toughness 6/1 Will 6

Jocelyn looks at her piece of paper and snaps a photo of it using her phone. Then she begins doing some Google searches. First is "Capture the Flag." She has a concept of what it means, but having never played that game before she wants to brush up on it. She is such a nerd sometimes. The next thing she does is search Google Lens to see if the code is a language. It looks familiar but can't place it. Lastly she looks around at all the students and tries to figure out who is already showing their slips of paper and saying their colors. It might be easier to team up once someone has already announced their affiliation.

OoC

Technology +1 to use Google Lens to search the image of the code for anything on the net that is similar to it.

Perception +8 to see and listen to the student body to determine who has her color.

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)
Name
Technology
1d20+1 7
Perception
1d20+8 17

Volker Riese - Der Drache

Jared Keeso in Monster Warriors : r/Letterkenny

It made sense when he thought about it. Everyone was thinking Teleporting Stick, but he's played enough games on the Ice to know that sometimes when the puck seems to disappear the better explanation was just some fancy handling. So, with a hockey stick over his shoulder, Volker heads back to the auditorium to head right back up to the podium. He's not a magician or anything like that - but it does seem like poking around to rule out the less wild possibility, especially up high, seemed like a smart idea.

OOC

Edited by GleefulNihilism (see edit history)
Name
Perception
1d20+5 16

Jocelyn Davis

Jocelyn puts her phone away and sighs. She continues to observe the student body and thinks about engaging some of the other students. She wonders who to approach about being in her same color group. As her grandfather would offer say "New Experiences" to reference the Unknown, and so she will allow chance to guide her way. Following her gut instincts she quickly glances over the student body and picks a student she thinks she should approach first. When she finds a student she walks over to them and introduces herself.

OoC

Do we know what the five colors mean yet, or it that for us to decide? I think you mentioned Yellow is Civilians, correct?

Also, I'm going to allow her Uncanny Intuition Power to guide her to a random student.

Johanna Jager - Photonspacer.png

Dodge: 13 | Parry: 15

Fortitude: +5 | Toughness: +4 | Will: +4

Advantages | Powers | Attacks

Johanna - not on purpose, of course - sneaks up behind Jocelyn. She had been standing and staring unmoving at her piece of paper for some time, trying to get what all this was about and in the end realised she just had no idea.

She puts the paper away and, consequentially saw Jocelyn doing research and, since she seemed to know what she was going, headed that way.

Jocelyn didn't see her, of course, which means that Johanna sort of.. awkwardly follows her until she suddenly stops in front of another student and after almost running into the back of her stares speaking almost directly in her ear.

"So what colour are you?"

image.jpeg.a5f9cd9a617aa65566b207eff63b37d7.jpegBarda Doyenne

Dodge 4 • Parry 4 • Toughness 8 • Fort 6 • Will 4

Hero Points 1 Perception +3

Ranged "Heat Vision" +6 (300/600/1200 ft) • Damage 6 • Distracting

Melee Unarmed +7 • Damage 5

Barda looked at her slip of paper, flipped it over to look at the other side and promptly tucked the slip of paper into her pocket.

Instead, she looked out around the students and faculty and watched them as they moved and worked. Her skills weren't really of the solving puzzles variety, and while this wasn't the sort of environment she was used to, she was familiar with deception and people trying to hide their true intentions. If this was a game of subterfuge, victory wasn't necessarily solving the puzzle, but not letting others know you had found them out.

Name
Perception
1d20+3 12
Insight
1d20+0 14

Jocelyn Davis

Jocelyn is startled again by Johanna's stealth. "Shi... Johanna! Please announce yourself when you're stalking me. It's scary to sneak up on a girl like that." After a long pause she answers her "Red. I'm Red, OK. You?" She looks annoyed, but she is started settle back down to her regular "wall-flower" self.

OoC

Johanna Jager - Photonspacer.png

Dodge: 13 | Parry: 15

Fortitude: +5 | Toughness: +4 | Will: +4

Advantages | Powers | Attacks

"Oh.. yes i forgot again. I apologise. Can i see your paper? If you show me yours i'll show you mine.." she really does seem relatively guileless. She just seems to have very little filter.

Jake Murphy - The Goose

Jake

After a while Jake came out of his room. If Francis wasn't back yet he might spend some time wandering around the school, without much of a goal, and depending on the time he might try to find the cafeteria to get some food.

Title

Character Sheet

OOC: How much time has passed?