Out-of-Character Stuff

Blue Jay

Bring all your general out-of-character conversations here. Talk about anything you want, whether it's RFT-releated or not.

If you have questions about rules or RFT lore that you want to pose to the game moderators, post them in the Questions thread instead.

• 2 weeks later...

We could use another entry-level mission. If anyone is willing to run one, please do so.

I might have another I can try to run soon, but I'm going to start the Phoera Hunt mission in a day or two, plus I'm running two others at OGMW. I'd appreciate someone else stepping up to run something for our other new players.

11 hours ago, Blue Jay said:

We could use another entry-level mission. If anyone is willing to run one, please do so.

I might have another I can try to run soon, but I'm going to start the Phoera Hunt mission in a day or two, plus I'm running two others at OGMW. I'd appreciate someone else stepping up to run something for our other new players.

I can give it a try. It won't be very lengthy or complex, as my missions tend to be, but it should be enough to at least boost a cluster of players to level 4 or 5.

• 3 weeks later...

I need some suggestions for what to do with the other half of my upcoming Feytouched Bard character. "Side A" is Bard/Virtuoso/Seeker of the Song, while "Side B" only has 3 levels so far (enough to start in the RFT, but I like to plan everything out) with Crusader 1/Marshal 2. I'm trying to go all-in on party support via bardic music.

As a Feytouched, I (obviously) do not have the Dragonblood subtype, so no Dragonfire Inspiration feat. Additionally, I'm ruling out Dragon Shaman (despite its uses) and Binder for fluff reasons. Given this information, what would you fine folks at the RFT suggest I do?

Thanks in advance! :D

You could take the Dragontouched feat, if you want to gain access to dragonfire. Marshal 3 nets you a second minor aura, so you can have one for combat and one for social, like motivate dexterity and motivate charisma.

I can't remember if we can advance two prcs simultaneously here, so another good base class would be Paladin. There are several feats and acfs that make it more bard-like.

There is no advancing two PrCs at once, no. This is part of the normal gestalt rules and is reiterated here in the RFT's rules section. Also, the oaths for paladins are kinda restrictive. I don't think it'd work well for a free-spirited bard (even accounting for the CG Paladin variant).

I'd say either stick with crusader with focus on white raven or picking up warblade for the same reason. A dip in cleric is never a bad idea for anyone, but I still think of the other two. It gives you something to do in between songs or can give you different options with your rounds when your songs or spells either fail or would be inappropriate. If you feel the need for range and utility, a warlock could work as well. It's just my two pennies though.

My main problem is trying to avoid any damage-dealing effects. I want to boost allies, not smack enemies. I have plenty enough other characters for that. Even though White Raven maneuvers are all about providing bonuses to allies, they still often require the crusader to be attacking an enemy. Although in early levels my entire action will probably be like so:

Round 1: Activate Inspire Courage

Round 2+: Standard Action to maintain the above.

Hmm... In that case, Fighter isn't bad for shoring up bonus feats. Factotum can give a nice array of various abilities. If you go CN, Incarnate has a crap ton of stuff to make you better at what you do, and it scales. Shadowcaster or Binder might have a few things that would be interesting and could possibly work. And of course, there is the buff-centric Sorcerer. It all really depends on what you want to get out of the other side of this.

It seems like you have a pretty active side that you are quite set on so, you seem like you might need a more passive side to even it out. Lots of choices!