Phoera Hunt IC

Blue Jay

Kildrak Grimbeard

image.jpeg.26c7ef23dca939ac3cb0176b7cb223c4.jpegNodding in relief to hear Talissa will survive, Kildrak broke out two of his healing potions and downed them himself.

"Mm, still need some bandages, but that'll do for now."

Mechanics & OOC

Statblock

Kildrak Grimbeard
Male LN Dwarf Fighter 4 || Warblade 4, Level 4, Init 2, HP 34/63, Speed 20ft
AC 23, Touch 10, Flat-footed 23, Fort 6, Ref 5, Will 0, Base Attack Bonus +4
Masterwork Warhammer +8 (1d8+3, x3)
Throwing Axe (x2) +6 (1d6, x2)
Masterwork Half-Plate Armor, +1 Tower Shield (+8 Armor, +5 Shield)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 17, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 10
Condition None

Active Effects: Stonefoot Stance, Fire Resistance 10, Dodge (-), Charisma Drain -3

Note: Kildrak drinks two CLW potions.

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)
Name
CLW (x2)
2d8+2 7,7

LivV8Uu.jpg

Ministatblock

Sheethttps://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1511981
Name: Gothika
Race: Erinyes
Classes: Erinyes 5/ Warmage 5
Ongoing Effects:

Resistance: 6 to Fire and Poison, she has Resistance 3 to Cold and Acid

SLA: Minor Image 6/day, Charm Monster 6/day

Gothika lands deftly next to Gregory, she scoffs at the last breath of the elemental creature, looking at Talissa, Gothika smiles "she will live to tell the tale yes? So, we can go back to the tavern now and have a cool drink because this damned heat is something else" the fallen angel says.

Edited by paladinred (see edit history)

Hoograwr
spacer.pngHooGrawr pauses from buckling the harness around herself and casts her one healing spell. She evaluates her condition and says "I could use any healing you can spare. Otherwise I might not be able to help much if there is further trouble."

Actions/Rolls

Active effects: Magic fang on bite, Bull's strength (neither included in statblock at present), resist energy - fire

Full

standard: Cast CLW on self

Move:

Free:

Note: HooGrawr is down 42 HP right now (up from having been down to 2 hp)

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=1794286][B][SIZE=+1]HooGrawr[/SIZE][/B][/URL] F CN/CG Just ... don't ask Owlbear | Nymph, [B]Level[/B] 4, [B]Init[/B] 2, [B]HP[/B] 10/52, [B]DR[/B] 2/cold iron, [B]Speed[/B] 30 (swim 20) [B]AC[/B] 16, [B]Touch[/B] 13, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 14, [B]Fort[/B] 11, [B]Ref[/B] 10, [B]Will[/B] 8, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 4 [B]x2 Claw [/B] 9 (1d6+4, ) [B] Peck [/B] 4 (1d8+2, ) (+2 Dex, +1 Size, +3 Natural) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 18, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 18 [B]Condition[/B] As Shown: Deceptively innocent form Natural form: Large size, no armor and -2 to AC and attack (from size change)
HooGrawr
F CN/CG Just ... don't ask Owlbear | Nymph, Level 4, Init 2, HP 10/52, DR 2/cold iron, Speed 30 (swim 20)
AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, Base Attack Bonus 4
x2 Claw 9 (1d6+4, )
Peck 4 (1d8+2, )
(+2 Dex, +1 Size, +3 Natural)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 18
Condition As Shown: Deceptively innocent form
Natural form: Large size, no armor and -2 to AC and attack (from size change)

Edited by Inash (see edit history)
Name
CLW
1d8+4 4

Posted (edited)
Fulfilling the Wish

The web gradually burns and disintegrates away, and things calm down around you. Talissa's eyes flutter open as potion and spell are delivered to her. She sits up suddenly. "Where am I?" she says in a panic, "What...? Dshalvur? He's gone? You defeated him?" Her eyes fall on the rapidly disintegrating remains of her horse, and she pouts. "Oh no! Not Chee! I'm so sorry I got you into this."

After a period of mourning for her lost horse, Talissa steels her nerves and moves to help the party continue hauling the wagon to their final destination.

You pass through miles of the Flame Forests of Dzijuth, cross over a small creek of flowing magma, and finally reach the cave of the oracle, the Fire Weird Ukumalei. "I'm told that this cave actually exists in multiple places at once," Talissa says conversationally, "Well, it's not exactly the same cave: there are, like, echos of the same cave on many different planes. Even one on your Tavern's demiplane. That's how I knew where to find you all: because Ukumalei told me about you."

You arrive in a wide grotto with a pool of magma filling much of the floor. As you approach, a fiery form rises from the magma to greet you, almost as if she already knew you were coming. This is Ukumalei, an elemental prophet known as a "weird". She goes about the work of resurrecting the dead phoelarch with great somberness, using strange magic to transform the oddly placid phoera into a chunk of obsidian glass shaped like an egg. Then she speaks the words of power, and the egg bursts in a brilliant show of light and warmth.

When the smoke clears, a man stands there, tall and proud, with skin the burns and glows like the sun, and feathers of copper and red and orange adorning his body. He seems little confused and disoriented. Talissa shyly approaches him and holds out a hand in greeting. "I'm glad you're back, Halkanost," she says, clearly trying to sound professional.

He looks at her with confusion for a moment. "Talissa?" he asks, "You... you brought me back?"

She's unable to maintain eye contact. "I had help," she says modestly, "We... we still need you to protect us here. And Dshalvur is gone. Permanently, I think. Vanquished by these heroes." She gestures to the party. "They helped me find your phoera and bring it back here, so we could bring you back."

"Impressive," he says, "We owe you all a great debt for finally eliminating that villain. But, if Dshalvur is gone, why do you need me here to protect you?"

Talissa is quite nervous at that, and she fumbles over her words for a few moments. "Well, I... I wanted you back," she manages finally, "Well, Dshalvur isn't the only evil on the Plane of Fire, and we do need protection. But... I'm happy to see you."

Halkanost smiles at her and reaches down to take her hand. "I'm happy to see you too, Talissa," he says.

Ukumalei looks down at the party with a look of concern on her face. "Things have gotten quite... tense at the Tavern since you left," she explains, "Maybe don't mention to him that you were here with me? Just, keep your heads down, and I'm sure you'll be fine."

Return

As you complete your mission, you can step back through the portal and return to the Realm Folded Tavern. It does seem a little tense here, and things seem a little off. There's a fierce storm raging outside on the Tavern's Demiplane, and the Tavern's accoutrements seem to warp and flicker and waver weirdly. Something is going on here, but it looks like the Tavern is at least operating normally in most respects.

Mission Complete! Feel free to roleplay however from here, but you can return to the Tavern anytime.

Edited by Blue Jay (see edit history)

IMG_1869.jpeg.5efe7aa0d412f2115c30c5ce3fa94fd7.jpeg

Ez looks at the fiery couple and smiles.

“Ah. I will leave you two. Speaking for myself, you have shown yourself to be brave Talissa. If you are in need, call upon me again. ”

The goat-folk then decides to give the young couple their privacy, and returns through the portal to the Realm-Folded Tavern.

Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2825151

Kildrak Grimbeard

image.jpeg.26c7ef23dca939ac3cb0176b7cb223c4.jpegWith all set to right, Kildrak grinned and let forth a hearty laugh.

"Ah, I've not felt flame that hot since I last stepped into the great forges of my homeland! And no dwarf worth his steel would ever turn down such a thrilling battle! My hammer is yours, Talissa, should you ever need its protection again. Until then, farewell."

With that, the Gavstorian departed for the Tavern, counting his well-earned gold, one piece at a time.

Mechanics & OOC

Statblock

Kildrak Grimbeard
Male LN Dwarf Fighter 5 || Warblade 5, Level 5, Init 2, HP 78/78, Speed 20ft
AC 25, Touch 10, Flat-footed 25, Fort 7, Ref 5, Will 0, Base Attack Bonus +5
+1 Warhammer +9 (1d8+4, x3)
Throwing Axe (x2) +7 (1d6, x2)
+1 Heavy Plate Armor, +1 Tower Shield (+10 Armor, +5 Shield)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 17, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 10
Condition None

Dwarf

• Slow and SteadyA dwarf’s base land speed is 20 feet. However, dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load.
  • Darkvision 60ft
  • StonecuttingThis ability grants a dwarf a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn’t stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A dwarf who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as if he were actively searching, and a dwarf can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A dwarf can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up. Dwarves have a sixth sense about stonework, an innate ability that they get plenty of opportunity to practice and hone in their underground homes.
  • StabilityDwarves are exceptionally stable on their feet. A dwarf has a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
  • Racial Bonuses+2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison

+2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects
    +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against orcs (including half-orcs) and goblinoids (including goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears)

+4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against creatures of the giant type (such as ogres, trolls, and hill giants)

+2 racial bonus on Appraise checks that are related to stone or metal items

+2 racial bonus on Craft checks that are related to stone or metal

Warblade

• Battle Clarity (Ex)You can enter a state of almost mystical awareness of the battlefield around you. As long as you are not flat-footed, you gain an insight bonus equal to your Intelligence bonus (maximum equals your warblade level) on your Reflex saves.
  • Weapon Aptitude (Ex)Your training with a wide range of weaponry and tactics gives you great skill with particular weapons. You qualify for feats that usually require a minimum number of fighter levels (such as Weapon Specialization) as if you had a fighter level equal to your warblade level -2. For example, as a 6th-level warblade, you could take Weapon Specialization, since you're treated as being a 4th-level fighter for this purpose. These effective fighter levels stack with any actual fighter levels you have. Thus, a fighter 2/warblade 4 would also qualify for Weapon Specialization.

You also have the flexibility to adjust your weapon training. Each morning, you can spend 1 hour in weapon practice to change the designated weapon for any feat you have that applies only to a single weapon (such as Weapon Focus). You must have the newly designated weapon available during your practice session to make this change. For example, if you wish to change the designated weapon for your Weapon Focus feat from greatsword to longsword, you must have a longsword available to practice with during your practice session. You can adjust any number of your feats in this way, and you don't have to adjust them all in the same way. However, you can't change the weapon choices in such a way that you no longer meet the prerequisite for some other feat you possess. For instance, if you have both Weapon Focus (longsword) and Weapon Specialization (longsword), you can't change the designated weapon for Weapon Focus unless you also change the weapon for Weapon Specialization in the same way.
  • Uncanny Dodge (Ex)At 2nd level, you gain the ability to react to danger before your senses would normally allow you to do so. You retain your Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if you are caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. However, you still lose your Dexterity bonus to AC if you are immobilized.

If you already have uncanny dodge from a different class (barbarian or rogue, for example), you automatically gain improved uncanny dodge (see below) instead.
  • Battle Ardor (Ex)The sheer love of battle lends uncanny strength to your blows. Starting at 3rd level, you gain an insight bonus equal to your Intelligence bonus on rolls made to confirm critical hits.

Feats

• Dodge
  • Stand StillWhen a foe's movement out of a square you threaten grants you an attack of opportunity, you can give up that attack and instead attempt to stop your foe in his tracks. Make your attack of opportunity normally. If you hit your foe, he must succeed on a Reflex save against a DC of 10 + your damage roll (the opponent does not actually take damage), or immediately halt as if he had used up his move actions for the round. Since you use the Stand Still feat in place of your attack of opportunity, you can do so only a number of times per round equal to the number of times per round you could make an attack of opportunity (normally just one).
  • Combat Reflexes
  • EnduranceYou gain a +4 bonus on the following checks and saves: Swim checks made to resist nonlethal damage, Constitution checks made to continue running, Constitution checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from a forced march, Constitution checks made to hold your breath, Constitution checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from starvation or thirst, Fortitude saves made to avoid nonlethal damage from hot or cold environments, and Fortitude saves made to resist damage from suffocation. Also, you may sleep in light or medium armor without becoming fatigued.
  • White Raven DefenseWhen you are in a White Raven stance and adjacent to at least one ally, you gain a +1 bonus to AC. Furthermore. when you are wielding one of the White Raven discipline's preferred weapons, each ally adjacent to you gains a +1 bonus to AC. These bonuses don't apply when you're flat-footed.

Active Effects: Stonefoot Stance, Fire Resistance 10, Dodge (-)

Note: -

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)