The Doom of Glenn Hollow - OOC

On 12/12/2023 at 10:27 AM, rogueblade0729 said:

Hey everyone, thank you for your patience! I'm still getting my new apartment set up, and I won't have Internet until Wednesday (writing this off mobile data). Once I'm all set up with that, and I've finally gotten into the swing of things with the military, I'll figure out a new posting rhythm. Hang tight!

How's moving into your new pad? Whoa, is our GM in the service?

Edited by Ensou (see edit history)

6 hours ago, nexiss said:

@rogueblade0729 How do we handle Ricksha's AoO? How do I determine if he has a reaction left? If so do I post an attack?

@nexiss You normally get a grand total of one AO, which resets the next time your turn comes around. If you want more (and have the DEX for it), the Combat Reflexes feat is something to look at.

On 12/16/2023 at 4:00 PM, rogueblade0729 said:

So, in the round that just ended, did Riksha use a reaction for an AoO? I don't recall. If he didn't, or if he didn't use his reaction for anything else, then he may deal an AoO. Just roll that as a separate attack in your next post.

Yeah, I dont remember rolling an AoO at all, so I will include my attack in my next post.

On 12/17/2023 at 8:58 AM, rogueblade0729 said:

I'm pretty much all settled in now. Still need a few pieces of furniture to finish things up, but I have the bedroom, bathroom, office, and kitchen set up. And yes, I'm in the Air Force. Just entered active duty a week and a half ago. :)

Well, clear skies and thank you for your service, GM. Exciting path ahead, staring at level 1, hahahaha.

Office? Oh nice, they letting some duties be work from home in the armed forces too? That's convenient.

13 hours ago, Ensou said:

Well, clear skies and thank you for your service, GM. Exciting path ahead, staring at level 1, hahahaha.

Office? Oh nice, they letting some duties be work from home in the armed forces too? That's convenient.

I joined as an officer after doing ROTC in college. So… level 3, maybe?

And no, I'm not doing any remote work yet. I was just referring to getting my apartment set up. Still gotta go into the office every day, despite not really doing much for the next month and a half or so.

21 hours ago, rogueblade0729 said:

I joined as an officer after doing ROTC in college. So… level 3, maybe?

And no, I'm not doing any remote work yet. I was just referring to getting my apartment set up. Still gotta go into the office every day, despite not really doing much for the next month and a half or so.

Ah, I understand.

Academy Standing [Regional Feat], hahahahaha.

4 hours ago, rogueblade0729 said:

Nasty round for the enemies. Let's see how you guys do, now that Pip's delivered your weapons!

I am getting my rules mixed up with 3.5 and 5 edition. Does casting in melee provoke attack, and if so, will taking a 5ft step first put me out of that?

1 hour ago, Ensou said:

I am getting my rules mixed up with 3.5 and 5 edition. Does casting in melee provoke attack, and if so, will taking a 5ft step first put me out of that?

Unfortunately, yes, casting a spell with a casting time of 1 standard action provokes opportunity attacks. You're also kinda surrounded, so you won't be able to totally avoid them. But, taking a 5' step east means you will take LESS opportunity attacks—2 instead of 3–so it’s up to you whether that's worth it or not.

You are probably safe from the skeletons and the thugs. The Captain, without Smite, basically has to crit you in order to deal damage. So, your call.

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)