Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Part I: The Slaughtergarde Laboratory

Crescenda

image.jpeg.988d75254c362aa82cbf7e00eda6246d.jpegCrescenda | WizardConjuror Variant of Wizard 2 | Spells used - L0: 1/5; L1: 3/4 | AC12/16Dexterity +2

Touch 12
Flat-Footed 10

If Mage Armor is cast and active, Hagen's Armor becomes: AC16, T12, FF 14
| HP: 11/11 | Fort +2 | Ref +2 | Will +4 | Spot/Listen +1/+1

Crescenda accompanies their holy priest to the altar feeling rather keen on examining the trappings therein. "I gathered Your Holiness's things. If it pleases, I can carry them for you, or you can collect them at your leisure." Crescenda murmurs to the priest as they go; her eyes consier the altar and its things; her mind considers the cleric and his things; a stray thought contermplates the three skeletons in here, as well as the curtains.

Conditions, Actions And Things Of Interest

Darkvision 60 ft

Darkness 1/Day; as per spell, as a spell-like ability;

Resist 5    Cold
Resist 5    Fire
Resist 5    Electricity

Name
That there hostile cleric. What's his deal?
1d20+4 14
This here altar. What's it about?
1d20+4 11
Those skeletons yonder. What were they?
1d20+5 3

Father Wilwick Bramblemane, Halfling Cleric

spacer.pngQUICK STATS:  AC=17, Touch=12, FF=17 / HP= 8/13 / Init=0 / Saves: Fort=6, Reflex=2, Will = 7  ________________________________________________________________________

Father Bramblemane collaborates with Crescenda in their evaluation of the alter, the magic that was at work, the related skeletons, the broken statue and the status of the ceremony.

However, when Crescenda indicates that she has the salvaged baking goods, Wilwick smiles and says, "Great job! I would hate to be without the ability to make campfire biscuits!"

"I appreciate it," the diminutive holy man adds with a sincere smile as he stows the items back in his pack before searching the alter area.

"So, what do you make of the magic the evil cleric was attempting to invoke, as well as the alter and related items," the tiny cleric asks his taller counterpart.

Mechanics

Swift Action:

Free Action:

Move Action:

Move:  

Standard Action:

Full Round Action:

Continuing Effects:  None

Edited by Terran (see edit history)
Name
Search
1d20+1 6

Crescenda recognizes the idol on the altar to be Maglubiyet, the vile god of all goblinoid creatures. A sufficiently experienced cleric of such a god would know how to animate skeletons to serve him. The crude idol is clearly not original to the black altar it sits upon, neither is the image of the demonic face shaped into the arch over the northern door associated with Maglubiyet's cult. Piecing together the broken statue on the floor next to the altar shows it to be a robed figure with four arms wielding kris daggers. Neither Crescenda nor Wilwick recognize the figure.

"Fable" the Beguiler

Fable takes some time while the others are examining the more religious trappings in the area, to check the doors for trouble. Then, she will cast a spell of magic detection to assist her in finding anything else. As she does this, she will mutter to herself about the priest of Maglubiyet being "too crafty". Then, something will be muttered in Elven...

"Be nice if we could get paid a little better, too... might negotiate that."

It must just be idle banter coming from her... right?

"Fable"

spacer.png

Half-Elven Beguiler

Myth-Weavers Character Sheet

Out of Character: Actions

Searching at the doors for any traps or badness. Fable will not only be looking for wires, or the like, but also slickness -- poisons!

Casting detect magic to aid in things, as well; I'm loaded with cantrips left to cast!

Name
Fable - Search
1d20+7 2

When Fable discovers that the alter is magic, Wilwick uses spellcraft to assist the other spellcasters to determine its nature.

Name
Assist Another - Spellcraft - DC15 for +2 bonus
1d20+6 18

"Fable" the Beguiler
Fable licks her lips, an idle thing. "Hey... There's magic about, here." She points to the altar. As she ponders the prestidigitations, she says, "Gwen, Wilwick, can you check for evil magic?"

"Fable"

spacer.png

Half-Elven Beguiler

Myth-Weavers Character Sheet

Out of Character: Actions

Spellcraft.

Name
Fable - Spellcraft
1d20+3 4

Crescenda

image.jpeg.988d75254c362aa82cbf7e00eda6246d.jpegCrescenda | WizardConjuror Variant of Wizard 2 | Spells used - L0: 1/5; L1: 3/4 | AC12/16Dexterity +2

Touch 12
Flat-Footed 10

If Mage Armor is cast and active, Hagen's Armor becomes: AC16, T12, FF 14
| HP: 11/11 | Fort +2 | Ref +2 | Will +4 | Spot/Listen +1/+1

"This altar has been dedicated to Maglubiyet, who you may recall is the deity in charge of goblinoids. It is worth a mention that over in academia, Maglubiyet merits the adjecctive vile for reasons I would rather not go into. The idol is not part of the arrangement for Maglubiyet, and neither is the demonic face over by the door. What function either of them serves I can only guess at. I could piece the statue together, maybe restore it with time, but I could only guess who or what it depicts.

Crescenda needs a moment to steady her breath and a drink from her waterskin before continuing:

"We are in luck with the skeletons: they are the lowest tier that magic allows for, and unenhanced at that. The priest may have had plans for creating more of them, since his god was allowing him the spellwork for it, and if so I hope we can find the materials needed. I'm almost certain gemstones will be involved."

Another breath. Another moment to think.

"I've not the spells left today to find magics. Unfortunate. Would our druid have a spark left?"

Conditions, Actions And Things Of Interest

Darkvision 60 ft

Darkness 1/Day; as per spell, as a spell-like ability;

Resist 5    Cold
Resist 5    Fire
Resist 5    Electricity

Edited by Ruess (see edit history)

Camlann Cobb

"Judging from the demon faced arch over there and all the nasty looking daggers on the statue, I think it's safe to say that whoever was worshipped here before, they were probably no more a paragon of virtue than Maglubiyet," Camlann observes. "If the pieces aren't too heavy, I have space in my pack to bring the statue with us. I'm sure we can find a scholar to look into the identity of this godling when we return to town."

OOC: Camlann will pick up the pieces of the statue to get a feel for their weight.

He's also switched back to his Senses aura. Everyone within 30 feet once again gets +1 to initiative, Listen and Spot.

Show this

Nothing to see here.

Ce'luna, Vaathwood Guardian

Celuna.jpg.0a7482a3ff2482fe3c946963bca3c229.jpgFemale   High Elf   Druid 1  

Init 4 | HP 8/8 | AC 12, Touch 11, FF 10 | Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4

Ce'luna lets out an exaggerated sigh and rolls her eyes at Crescenda's request. Do I have to do everything for you guys, she asks in a sarcastic tone, then slings her bow and begins to cast a spell. Once finished, she takes a minute or two to scan the room for magiks.

Show Mechanics

Actions

Free Action: 

Swift Action: 

Move Action:

Standard Action: Cast Detect Magic and concentrate for the duration of the spell, shifting her gaze to scan the whole room

Skill Checks

Continuing Effects: +1 to initiative, Listen and Spot when within 30' of Camlann

Father Wilwick Bramblemane, Halfling Cleric

spacer.pngQUICK STATS:  AC=18, Touch=12, FF=18 / HP= 8/13 / Init=0 / Saves: Fort=6, Reflex=2, Will = 7  ________________________________________________________________________

While the group has temporarily paused, Father Bramblemane looks over some of the loot the group has recovered.

Noticing the nicely made chain shirt, the priest asks, "Since it seems I'm destined for combat, like it or not, would anyone object if I traded my Studded Leather Armor for this small chain shirt?"

"Even though I'm tiny, it seems to be the perfect fit," Wilwick adds with a smile. Assuming no one objects or has a specific need for a miniature sized piece of armor, then the cleric will give the party his studded leather armor and dons the masterwork chain shirt.

Mechanics

Swift Action:

Free Action:

Move Action:

Move:  

Standard Action:

Full Round Action:

Continuing Effects:  None

Edited by Terran (see edit history)

The altar has a strong necromancy enchantment laid on it. It seems to boost the power of certain divine spells cast before it, probably for casters with an affinity to the deity it originally honored.