How do I…?

Colin

2 minutes ago, Eric said:

They keep accumulating, as this out-of-the-box feature is designed to let you use any image you've previously uploaded. It does have searchability, so if you name your attachments with a unique (or at least categoric) name you should be able to find what you're looking for.

The platform should be doing de-duplication on the back end so there's also no (or limited) harm in just uploading it again.

Thanks Eric. Good to know it's not just me being incompetent.

I've used "other media" and then "insert" to put an image in my post, but even after I moved the image to where I want it, it shows a second image at the bottom of my post like an email attachment. How can I get rid of the extra, unformatted image?

1 hour ago, alsc said:

I've used "other media" and then "insert" to put an image in my post, but even after I moved the image to where I want it, it shows a second image at the bottom of my post like an email attachment. How can I get rid of the extra, unformatted image?

Assuming you're referring to the gallery view at the bottom, like this:

image.png.65e3e816cee18c17fbbc0fa12d039d86.png

It appears when you are editing a post after you've attached an image to it. It will not show after the post is saved.

If you are seeing something different, please post in Site Feedback with screenshots, browser/OS versions, and steps to reproduce so I can troubleshoot.

Is there a quick/easy way to break up a large block of quoted text into several smaller blocks, as we could on OGMW? ie if someone asks a bunch of questions in a single post, can we break apart the quote to answer each one inline, rather than having to post a response as a bunch of lines of text at the end of the quote?

I know it can be done in the Source, using HTML, but that's kind of a pain in the ass, so I was hoping there was a simpler way.

2 minutes ago, Arklytte said:

Is there a quick/easy way to break up a large block of quoted text into several smaller blocks, as we could on OGMW? ie if someone asks a bunch of questions in a single post, can we break apart the quote to answer each one inline, rather than having to post a response as a bunch of lines of text at the end of the quote?

I know it can be done in the Source, using HTML, but that's kind of a pain in the ass, so I was hoping there was a simpler way.

Yes. Rather than using the Quote button, select the text that quoting, and a pop-up Quote Selection button will appear adjacent to the selection. Due to limitations on my work computer I can't provide screenshots, but it'll look like this when done:

4 minutes ago, Arklytte said:

Is there a quick/easy way to break up a large block of quoted text

Something

4 minutes ago, Arklytte said:

into several smaller blocks

Something else

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure there is something i'm missing, but how would you do something like this. I basically want to roll 1d100, show any success under 50, and then cause it to repeat until it rolls over 50, and then display how many successes that was?

So for example it rolls d100 and gets 47, then 20, then 31, then 80. It would show 3 successes.

19 minutes ago, Eric said:

As with OG, hard deleting is not possible. With a little more context on where the content is, I can provide options on how to deal with it.

In one of my games, there are two threads exactly with the same name. Both are soft-deleted, because I want to keep them hidden. How they were created? I don't know, I only remember creating one instance of the thread.

7 minutes ago, yxanthymir said:

In one of my games, there are two threads exactly with the same name. Both are soft-deleted, because I want to keep them hidden. How they were created? I don't know, I only remember creating one instance of the thread.

Odd. I've resolved it, but no indication in the log as to why it happened. Something for the dev team to keep an eye on, I guess.