The Fallen's Rest Tavern - Application OOC

The Eyeball Kid

I was hoping to purchase a +1 light repeating crossbow, but although the 5eTools site lists the light repeating crossbow it does not give a cost. Any ideas on how much one would cost?

Edit: I found a Wiki site that says 50 gp. Is that good for you?

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)

Would a rogue have any use in a game like this?
I mean I can think of a way to get him down into the depths of hell, and sell his soul. But, would the skill set do anything to help the campaign? Or more fighting and running, and light on the sneaking and traps?

5 hours ago, slinkman00 said:

Would a rogue have any use in a game like this?
I mean I can think of a way to get him down into the depths of hell, and sell his soul. But, would the skill set do anything to help the campaign? Or more fighting and running, and light on the sneaking and traps?

I mean, I'm rolling for a Rogue myself. Rogues always have a use and place in being in places where they totally do not belong. That's the whole thing about being a rogue no? 😜They have more uses out of combat rather than in-combat anyways.

As for some questions for me, it's mostly story / fluff-based for backstory and-or timeline. Namely:

The Elturel Question: Did Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus happen before this game? If so, what was the conclusion? Could our characters have been involved with the Elturel crisis in any way if so?

Item Price Check (I've got a lot, just good to double check and have reference):

• Potion of Resistance (Fire, Cold, etc.)
  • Potion of Climbing
  • Mithril Armors (Medium / Heavy)
  • Rope of Climbing
  • Wand of Magic Detection
  • Wand of Secrets
  • Ring of Jumping
  • Glamoured Studded Leather
  • Gloves of Thievery
  • Dust of Disappearance
  • Cloak of Elvenkind
  • Bag of Holding

Also, are Poisons on the table? DMG has recommended prices for them I feel :3

Edited by Essence (see edit history)

50 minutes ago, Essence said:

The Elturel Question: Did Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus happen before or after this game? If after, what was the conclusion? Could our characters have been involved with the Elturel crisis in any way if so?

Additional related question: If DiA did happen, did the events of Baldur's Gate 3 happen, how did it resolve etc- since that would be a significant source of "Life Events" shall we say. Lol

Some other items for price checks.

Weapon of Warning

Brooch of Shielding

Decanter of Endless Water

Helm of Comprehending Languages

House of Cards

Keoghtom's Ointment

Vicious Weapon

Winged Ammunition Crossbow Bolts

And a reminder to all, in case you forgot to pay attention to it, I almost did, some items require Attunement. And you can only have 3 items attuned to you at one time. So if you have more than three attuned items you can only use three of them. The other is just a paper weight, magically. When you want to attune that one you will have to detune one of the others.

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)

Let's see, in no particular order

1. Rogues should be able to find ways to be useful.
  2. Poisons as listed in the DMG are fine.
  3. I'm not terribly familiar with the events of the Descent into Avernus campaign (though I did read the part about Avernus for this game) or Baldur's Gate 3. The write-up for this game does mention the possibility of using it as a follow up for Descent into Avernus and indicates that some changes would have to be made so it sounds like Descent into Avernus hasn't taken place. Addressing what I think happens (or could happen) Zariel isn't redeemed and is still ruling Avernus, Elturel hasn't been pulled into Hell and certainly isn't still there.

I'll try to get to the new price checks tomorrow.

A few questions, if you don't mind.

1. You are generously allowed to take any background. Does it include things like Strixhaven, Ravnica or Dragonlance? It is official material but more of specific campaigns than settings and contains quite powerful feats, spells, items and so on (Silvery Barbs?).

2. What about optional features? Like additional spells and features replacing usual class features?

3. About items: am I understanding correctly that we can have 1 very rare item (free) 1 rare (bought) 1 uncommon (free) and as many uncommon as the rest of the gold allows? Or 3 rare items (2 free 1 bought) + 1 uncommon (free) + as many uncommon as we can buy?

4. Apprising: how much would be those items?

1. Sentinel Shield (uncommon)

2. Boomerang shield (uncommon)

2. Bag of Holding (uncommon)

3. Blood Spear (uncommon)

Edited by Dixi (see edit history)

Quick question: are you okay with the background Continental Nobility found in the book Dungeons of Drakkenheim? I'll copy & paste the details here, but I can provide a printscreen if needed.

Also, if I build my Str based character around a Belt of Giant Strength item, how likely is it for me to lose its effect in battle "somehow"?

Edit rant: the dice don't like me. I'll go for point-buy stats.

Continental Nobility

Continental Nobility

Requirements: Any class except sorcerer, warlock, or wizard

You are the scion of a noble household. Whether you hail from Caspia, Elyria, or Westemär, the fall of Drakkenheim has either adversely impacted your family’s fortunes, or created a tantalizing opportunity to increase your political power and influence.

Skill Proficiencies: Two of the following: Persuasion, Athletics, History, or Intimidation.

Languages: Two of your choice.

Equipment: A signet ring or brooch bearing your family crest, a cape in the colours of your house, a set of fine clothes, and a pouch containing 25 gp.

Feature: Noble Confidence

During a short rest you can give an inspiring pep talk to a number of allies equal to your proficiency bonus. Once in the next 8 hours, each of those allies can roll 1d4 and add it to the result of a single attack roll, ability check, or saving throw.

List of Items for appraising

Belt of Fire Giant Strength (very rare, A) - free
Cloack of Protection (uncommon, A) - free
Ring of Warmth (uncommon, A) ?
+1 Shield (uncommon) 450 gp
+1 Adamantine Plate Armor (rare) 4500 gp + ?

Bag of Holding (uncommon) ?
Alchemy Jug (uncommon) 200 gp

Edited by Coruja (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Dixi said:

A few questions, if you don't mind.

1. You are generously allowed to take any background. Does it include things like Strixhaven, Ravnica or Dragonlance? It is official material but more of specific campaigns than settings and contains quite powerful feats, spells, items and so on (Silvery Barbs?).

2. What about optional features? Like additional spells and features replacing usual class features?

3. About items: am I understanding correctly that we can have 1 very rare item (free) 1 rare (bought) 1 uncommon (free) and as many uncommon as the rest of the gold allows? Or 3 rare items (2 free 1 bought) + 1 uncommon (free) + as many uncommon as we can buy?

4. Apprising: how much would be those items?

1. Sentinel Shield (uncommon)

2. Boomerang shield (uncommon)

2. Bag of Holding (uncommon)

3. Blood Spear (uncommon)

1. I'm allowing those backgrounds. Normally I don't but I'm trying something different that I saw and allowing a bonus feat (subject to some restrictions I spelled out in the creation rules) for those backgrounds that don't receive such a feature. Silvery Barbs is fine.

2. If you're talking about the options from Tasha's, you can use those. Off the top of my head I can't think of one that gives additional spells though, so are you thinking of something else?

3. Yes, that would be one way of enumerating it.

4. I'll try to get to price checks tomorrow.