Part I: Punching the Clock

Maester1216

Akari Monduro

81f7cd52b4cd420be87aace2b425cd9d.jpg.4f74523b4b1206db8b209ea82d15c12a.jpg

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2855926]Akari Monduro[/url][/b] [i]KASATHAS Operative NG[/i] [b]HP[/b] 10 / 10 [b]RES[/b] 5 / 5 [b]STAM[/b] 8 / 8 [b]Speed[/b] 30ft [b]Init[/b] 4 [b]KAC[/b] 16 [b]EAC[/b] 15 [b]Fort[/b] 4 [b]Ref[/b] 6 [b]Will[/b] 4 [b]CMB[/b] 24 [b]BAB[/b] 0 [b]Longsword[/b] 1 (1d8, -) [b]Laser Pistol[/b] 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) [b]Str[/b] 13 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 18 (4) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 15 (2) [b]Int[/b] 17 (3) [b]Cha[/b] 17 (3)
Akari Monduro KASATHAS Operative NG HP 10 / 10 RES 5 / 5 STAM 8 / 8 Speed 30ft Init 4 KAC 16 EAC 15 Fort 4 Ref 6 Will 4 CMB 24 BAB 0 Longsword 1 (1d8, -)
Laser Pistol 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) Str 13 (1) Dex 18 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 15 (2) Int 17 (3) Cha 17 (3)

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Acrobatics +13
Athletics +8
Bluff +8
Computers +8
Culture +8
Diplomacy +3
Disguise +3
Engineering +8
Intimidate +8
Life Science +3
Medicine +3
Mysticism +2
Perception +7
Physical Science +3
Piloting +12
Profession +2
Sense Motive +7
Slight of Hand +9
Stealth +12
Survival +7

Equipment

GEAR:

Second Skin

Laser Pistol

Longsword

50ft Titanium Cable

Personal Comm Unit

Creature Companion (Ilskitt) Peeka

Tier II Computer (Self Charging, AI)

Industrial Backpack

Hygiene Kit

R2E 1 weeks rations

64 CR

Feats and Abilities

Feats: Great Fortitude

Racial Abilities: Nomad: +2 INT, +2 CHA, -2 WIS; Desert Stride; Four-Armed; Crew Member; +2 Piloting; Natural Grace +2 Athletics/Acrobatics

Operative Class Abilities: Operatives Edge +1; Specialization: Ghost; Trick Attack +1d4

Languages: Common, Kasatha, Vesk, Yoski, Azlanti

Akari wakes up the next day and after getting dressed in comfy clothes that he wears only on the ship as well as putting his face scarf back on. Peeka hops on his shoulder and he then heads to the galley for some breakfast before he works out. He greets anyone he finds in there. "I am going to work out after I eat if anyone wants to join me."

token_1(1).png.47172e8386c7103696175dce72d501df.pngRaenala Zeizerer - Drow - Envoy 1

HP: 10/10 | SP: 7/8 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 15 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 | INITIATIVE: +4

PRIMARY WEAPON: Zeizerer Munitions' Azimuth Laser Pistol - 1d4F - 23/24

Raenala had only barely managed to doze back into the lightest of sleeps after her watch on the bridge. And she hadn't even managed to fall back asleep in her own bed. Instead, she laid slumped over the mess table, tablet propped up and keyboard still folded out. One arm curled around her face for the most threadbare of support and comfort. She was roused from that half-restful slumber. Bleary eyed, she stared with blank disinterest at her tablet screen which had been open to a word processor. The letter E had been printed for 100 pages straight now.Her fingers combed through her hair with a wince as her fingers caught against a knot. She barely even realized Akari had been walking around the kitchen preparing his breakfast.

"Sure." She croaked, her vocal cords still caught in the lethargy of disuse. A cough cleared her throat before she continued, "I'm tired of staring at screens, anyways."

As if she'd truly be free from her computers, even during exercise. She'd need SOME footage for the short-form videos. The weight of staying relevant on the pact world stage was anything but easy. Especially when Raenala wasn't actually funny or particularly likeable. Her leg bobbed slowly as her brain worked. Opalescent eyes drifted from her sea of E's on her screen to Akari. Inspiration revealed itself in a smirk drawn faintly across her lips.

"Akari, could you bench me, or anyone on this ship?"

Akari Monduro

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2855926]Akari Monduro[/url][/b] [i]KASATHAS Operative NG[/i] [b]HP[/b] 10 / 10 [b]RES[/b] 5 / 5 [b]STAM[/b] 8 / 8 [b]Speed[/b] 30ft [b]Init[/b] 4 [b]KAC[/b] 16 [b]EAC[/b] 15 [b]Fort[/b] 4 [b]Ref[/b] 6 [b]Will[/b] 4 [b]CMB[/b] 24 [b]BAB[/b] 0 [b]Longsword[/b] 1 (1d8, -) [b]Laser Pistol[/b] 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) [b]Str[/b] 13 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 18 (4) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 15 (2) [b]Int[/b] 17 (3) [b]Cha[/b] 17 (3)
Akari Monduro KASATHAS Operative NG HP 10 / 10 RES 5 / 5 STAM 8 / 8 Speed 30ft Init 4 KAC 16 EAC 15 Fort 4 Ref 6 Will 4 CMB 24 BAB 0 Longsword 1 (1d8, -)
Laser Pistol 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) Str 13 (1) Dex 18 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 15 (2) Int 17 (3) Cha 17 (3)

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Acrobatics +13
Athletics +8
Bluff +8
Computers +8
Culture +8
Diplomacy +3
Disguise +3
Engineering +8
Intimidate +8
Life Science +3
Medicine +3
Mysticism +2
Perception +7
Physical Science +3
Piloting +12
Profession +2
Sense Motive +7
Slight of Hand +9
Stealth +12
Survival +7

Equipment

GEAR:

Second Skin

Laser Pistol

Longsword

50ft Titanium Cable

Personal Comm Unit

Industrial Backpack

Hygiene Kit

R2E 1 weeks rations

64 CR

Feats and Abilities

Racial Abilities: Nomad: +2 INT, +2 CHA, -2 WIS; Desert Stride; Four-Armed; Crew Member; +2 Piloting; Natural Grace +2 Athletics/Acrobatics

Operative Class Abilities: Operatives Edge +1; Specialization: Ghost; Trick Attack +1d4

Akari raises an eyebrow at the captains strange question, not that he was entirely surprised. She was not your typical captain. He gives her a once over as he assesses her question "I am sure I could for most of you. Why do you ask?"

token_1(1).png.47172e8386c7103696175dce72d501df.pngRaenala Zeizerer - Drow - Envoy 1

HP: 10/10 | SP: 7/8 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 15 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 | INITIATIVE: +4

PRIMARY WEAPON: Zeizerer Munitions' Azimuth Laser Pistol - 1d4F - 23/24

"For content." Raenala was moving now, like a real person too! She kicked about in the cold storage for a drinkable protein breakfast slurry. One of those ones that were vacuum sealed with a twist off opening that lets you 'drink' the contents. Packed with wasabi-flavoring if one were to guess from the deep green beans that were lit aflame across the packaging. She fell back onto the high stool, the protein pouch held only by her mouth as she gulped, clacking away at her keyboard.

"I can only show so many shots of the Drift before it gets boring. So, we'll just do some shots of our workout."

Akari Monduro

Statblock

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Acrobatics +13
Athletics +8
Bluff +8
Computers +8
Culture +8
Diplomacy +3
Disguise +3
Engineering +8
Intimidate +8
Life Science +3
Medicine +3
Mysticism +2
Perception +7
Physical Science +3
Piloting +12
Profession +2
Sense Motive +7
Slight of Hand +9
Stealth +12
Survival +7

Equipment

GEAR:

Second Skin

Laser Pistol

Longsword

50ft Titanium Cable

Personal Comm Unit

Industrial Backpack

Hygiene Kit

R2E 1 weeks rations

64 CR

Feats and Abilities

Akari nods his head at her response, he had figured it was something of the sort. He looks at her questioningly when she gets the wasabi protein drink and shakes his head. "I can not see how you can drink those things. I love spicy food, but drinking something spicy that is cold just seems weird. I like my spicy food hot."

He listens as she continues to speak and chuckles "What no freaks out there that just love to watch space move? Does this mean I need to take my shirt off while I work out? I mean I usually do any way but asking for a friend."

8syf8g2b.png.edf2e02a628e1f9907968396b5cf1f5a.pngDavir Karst  Cargomaster

After a long day of hauling berries, Davir nods at Duncan. "Phah. Ye'd say ye're part shobhad, lad. Not like Akari here, keeping twice as many meathunks in 's pockets.", he jests as he crashes on a chair near the rec area. "We had some driftin', but we're back in orbit. Shame we couldn't keep the tin can. Now, the ol' coolant glands aren't what they used ta be, so I'm calling shotgun on the scrubber. Miss the river, I do." Idly leaving his coat on the table, Davir disappears into the hygiene unit, and, for thirty painful, eargrating seconds, the enhanced voice of the Borai sings out the chorus rendition of 'Shobhad Drifter, Lift Me Home (Non-Broadcast Version)', before leaving towards the bunks, to be replaced with a thankfully signficantly quieter snoring.

During most of his shift, Davir sat idly at the pilot's seat, the large blade in his hand braced against a cracked armoured spacesuit plate, cutting small slices from a dried cubical slab. The scent of blistering spices, salted fish and sickeningly sweet fruit seemed to follow the faint twirls of smoke sizzling from the snack.

"That with or without the grav, Akari?", he chuckled, throwing another slice in his mouth.

Stats

Borai - Solarian 1

HP: 13/13 | SP: 6/11 | EAC: 14 | KAC: 14 | FORT: +6 | REF: +3 | WILL: +2 | INITIATIVE: +3

PRIMARY WEAPON
Solar Weapon - 1d6+4+1+3 Slashing

Azimuth Lazer Pistol - 1d4F, off hand.

Actions

Akari Monduro

Statblock

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Acrobatics +13
Athletics +8
Bluff +8
Computers +8
Culture +8
Diplomacy +3
Disguise +3
Engineering +8
Intimidate +8
Life Science +3
Medicine +3
Mysticism +2
Perception +7
Physical Science +3
Piloting +12
Profession +2
Sense Motive +7
Slight of Hand +9
Stealth +12
Survival +7

Equipment

GEAR:

Second Skin

Laser Pistol

Longsword

50ft Titanium Cable

Personal Comm Unit

Industrial Backpack

Hygiene Kit

R2E 1 weeks rations

64 CR

Feats and Abilities

Akari grins at Davir though you would only know it from the humor seen in his eyes when he asked about gravity. "Well if your ass keeps eating like that I will need at least low grav to lift you up"

DARWYN PRIESTLY ("Morgan Hunt") - Outlaw Human Operative 1 DarwynPriestlyv1.jpg.c9b7d66d7d308f78ee62fdb3405cb65b.jpg

HP: 10/10 | SP: 8/8| RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 16 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 |

INITIATIVE: +5 | LINK: M-W Character Sheet

PRIMARY WEAPON: Azimuth Laser Pistol - 1d4F - 20/24

As the tiny ship made its way swiftly and surely into the skies above Castrovel and into the great void under Akari's expert hands, Jin and Duncan finally told "Morgan" what had transpired back on that misbegotten black hole of a planet while he was dealing with that Ysoki recruiter.

(Of course, no one thanked him for the maintenance work done on the ship's systems while they were away on their misadventure. After all, it's just his job. Right?)

In any event, on the first day of their journey to Akiton, the ex-smuggler's instincts had kicked into hyper-drive, so he started monitoring the BD514's scanners in earnest for any signs of potential threats -- in front of, in back of, and all around them. However, by the end of his first watch, he started to ease up on his self-inflicted penance.

So on the next day, while he would still intermittently check the freighter's sensors for any activity, he decided to continue his studies on the physical universe. Binging on more QUANTA  articles on astrophysics, he continued to better himself academically. Well, what the hezmana? Who knew that cosmology could be so fascinating? Gravitational waves, cosmic strings, dark matter -- krell…..

However, whenever he tried to focus, stuff would continually happen to distract him. Of course he had to take his turn at the helm, but when he tried to read while in his bunk, Akari's stupid pet would run around into his quarters, knocking things over, then rushing out. Raenela was busy recording her vidcasts nonstop around the ship. Davir kept belting out outlandish barroom tunes at the top of his besotted voice at the oddest times. Jin was always working on Whiskey, fine-tuning her, when he wasn't on working on the engines. And Duncan just kept exercising all over the place.

By the time they got to Akiton, Darwyn had given up and returned to just monitoring the various sensors!

Akari Monduro

Statblock

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Acrobatics +13
Athletics +8
Bluff +8
Computers +8
Culture +8
Diplomacy +3
Disguise +3
Engineering +8
Intimidate +8
Life Science +3
Medicine +3
Mysticism +2
Perception +7
Physical Science +3
Piloting +12
Profession +2
Sense Motive +7
Slight of Hand +9
Stealth +12
Survival +7

Equipment

GEAR:

Second Skin

Laser Pistol

Longsword

50ft Titanium Cable

Personal Comm Unit

Industrial Backpack

Hygiene Kit

R2E 1 weeks rations

64 CR

Feats and Abilities

Akari shuffles into the bridge as his shift began, he felt refreshed after spending the morning working out and relaxing much of the rest of the day. He greets whoever he is replacing on the bridge he hoped it would be a quiet evening. He would check his routes amd calculations and make sure he could not tweak anything to get them to their destination quicker even though he expected getting there by the next day was about as fast as they could do it. He grins as Peeka bounces around the room trying to find the best place for her to lounge and settle down for his shift. "Make yourself comfortable little lady, its probably going to be a boring night"

he checks all of their scans to make sure nothing was sneaking up on them, he did not put it past the goblins to attempt something further in space.

Posted (edited)

Sixthday, 13th of Neth, 320 AG

6:29 PM

In orbit over Akiton

Two days in the Drift pass by without incident for the crew of BD514. For some this might be the low-point of the job - days upon days of doing a whole lot of nothing while moving cargo. For others it could be a source of much needed respite from the doldrums of company life. Either case is all the more reason to make good use of your time.

It's easy enough for Jin to guide the ship out of the Drift back into realspace at their destination. From orbit, Akiton is a rather uninspiring image of red rock and desert sands. It's easy to wonder if there's any life at all down there. Appearances can be deceiving, however; despite the scorched surface of this dying planet, life indeed thrives below.

spacer.png

BD514's comm unit alights shortly after the ship exits the Drift. There's a transmission waiting for them from Tarika. This must be the message she mentioned in her initial job dispatch.

Tarika appears on-screen, wearing an olive-green flight sluit emblazoned with the EJ Corp logo and fidgeting with a worn wrench. She's based on Absalom Station, which puts the three day old timestamp on the message into context. She looks anxious, and her image is barely visible before she she starts talking.

"Howdy team! Just checkin' in on y'all. If you're receivin' this, you must've reached Akiton. Your drop-off site's in Hivemarket. Can't miss the place - just look for the biggest damn mountain you can find. That'll be Ka, the Pillar of the Sky, and you'll find Hivemarket at its base. There's a business there called Ka Imports and the manager, Siski, is gonna be your contact. You can collect payment for the Yaro Berries from here, and maybe even a little bonus for rapid delivery."

"Be careful on that dust bowl, though. There's no real law on Akiton, and the desert's no place to go explorin', so Akari and Duncan better keep themselves outta trouble. I'd rather not have a repeat of what happened on Kalo-Mahoi here, if Akari's needin' an extra reminder. Huntin' about for your next job - I'll send a transmission when I have somethin' for ya. If you haven't heard from me by the time your done on Akiton, come on in to Absalom Station."

"Oh uh, before I forget... Raen and Jin, don't suppose either of y'all have heard from Shan recently? I don't wanna be a worry wort, but it's been a while since the last message from here. Lemme know when you get to Absalom."

The transmission ends with a click.

OOC

Anyone interested in seeing what their characters known about Akiton and Hivemarket can give me a Culture check if they're Trained in it. This isn't a flat DC roll, but rather each threshold passed nets more information

Thanks to Jin's Research Activity though, he can make the roll Untrained, and the difficulty of the thresholds are reduced by 2.

You can reach Akiton's surface in an hour.

Edited by Maester1216 (see edit history)
Name
Time to Reach the Surface
1d2 1

spacer.png Jin & Whiskey

HP: 10/10 | 10/10
Stamina: 9/9
Resolve: 4/4
EAC/KAC: 14/15 | 14/14

Jin SavesFort +5
Ref +5
Will +2
| Whiskey SavesFort +0
Ref +5
Will -1
spacer.png

Jin glares at the recording of Tarika. She knows he hasn't heard from Shan. Why would she ask?

But, as usual, he forces that out of his mind and plunges himself into the task at hand. He tells the others what he has learned about Akiton, but it's not much, and some of it is from dubious sources. Cultural studies never were his strong suit. He hopes someone else will bail him out here.

Edited by Eagleheart (see edit history)
Name
Culture
1d20+3 10

Akari Monduro

Statblock

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Acrobatics +13
Athletics +8
Bluff +8
Computers +8
Culture +8
Diplomacy +3
Disguise +3
Engineering +8
Intimidate +8
Life Science +3
Medicine +3
Mysticism +2
Perception +7
Physical Science +3
Piloting +12
Profession +2
Sense Motive +7
Slight of Hand +9
Stealth +12
Survival +7

Equipment

GEAR:

Second Skin

Laser Pistol

Longsword

50ft Titanium Cable

Personal Comm Unit

Industrial Backpack

Hygiene Kit

R2E 1 weeks rations

64 CR

Feats and Abilities

Akari listens to Tariks speak, though a disgruntled look crosses his face at the mention of Kalo-Mahoi. "That is some bullshit, get into one little bar fight and you never hear the end of it.

He sets the course for the highest mountain range and looks for any place around its base. He signals their arrival to any spaceport control letting them know they were headed to the hivemsrket. He then thinks about everything he knows about Akiton and the hivemarket.

Name
Culture
1d20+8 10

DARWYN PRIESTLY ("Morgan Hunt") - Outlaw Human Operative 1 DarwynPriestlyv1.jpg.c9b7d66d7d308f78ee62fdb3405cb65b.jpg

HP: 10/10 | SP: 8/8| RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 16 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 |

INITIATIVE: +5 | LINK: M-W Character Sheet

PRIMARY WEAPON: Azimuth Laser Pistol - 1d4F - 20/24

Securely strapped into his seat behind the sensor controls, Darwyn monitors their descent through Akiton's atmosphere and their journey towards the mountain known as Ka, the Pillar of the Sky.

As always, Akari's piloting skills got them where they needed to go, but any data that he could provide him he would dutifully submit.

When he had a moment or two of tranquility, he considers what little he knows about Akiton and Hivemarket... which is evidently pretty little.

CULTURE Check re: Akiton & HivemarketIf there is a general question, Darwyn only has cursory knowledge about this world. However, if he's considering the planet's criminal underworld, the DC is reduced by 5 because of his Outlaw theme. This would mean he would be able to recall knowledge of an average nature on that specific topic.

Darwyn must be slipping in his old age!

Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)
Name
CULTURE (re: Akiton & Hivemarket)
1d20+8 2

8syf8g2b.png.edf2e02a628e1f9907968396b5cf1f5a.pngDavir Karst  Cargomaster

Having spent most of his time lying down in the common room, before a clearly boredom driven attempt to get the ship into ship shape by polishing, cleaning, and dusting most things capable of obtaining said qualities, Davir seems to be vibrating at the opportunity to get off-ship.

"Ah, Akiton. First time I came here, I got told not to track any sand back here, or else. 'ts impossible, just so you know. 'f one of the Shobies goes off on ya, tell 'im you'll cut 'eir knees to meet them at eye level, eh.", he grins. "See, they're a pacifist culture, they'll never do anything to you. 'armless, they are, despite 'aving all those arms."

As Akari brings the ship to descent, he unbuckles the top of his overalls and heads into the cargo bay with the intention of starting to load the cargo.

Stats

Borai - Solarian 1

HP: 13/13 | SP: 11/11 | EAC: 14 | KAC: 14 | FORT: +6 | REF: +3 | WILL: +2 | INITIATIVE: +3

PRIMARY WEAPON
Solar Weapon - 1d6+4+1+3 Slashing

Azimuth Lazer Pistol - 1d4F, off hand.

Actions

Edited by Zaathun (see edit history)
Name
Culture for the Cultured Individual.
1d20+1 17

With the direction clear, the crew guides BD514 down to Akiton's surface. No traffic control or other bureaucratic apparatus seeks confirmation of their identities as they enter the planet's atmosphere - in fact no word comes up from the planet's surface at all. Unsurprising really; Akiton has no central government and is functionally lawless, and the oligarchs in charge of the few city-states would rather fight over resources than build any meaningful infrastructure.

Hivemarket is only a marginal step-up in that regard. Despite a mostly transient population, its status as Akiton's mercantile centre makes it ideal for traders to pick up and drop-off cargo, which in turn has drawn various corporations and merchant interests to the community. Between them they settle disputes, maintain order, and provide some basic services rarely seen on Akiton... even as they plot and scheme against each other while rubbing shoulders with the organized crime endemic to the planet.

spacer.png

As the ship inches closer to the massive sandstone walls that mark off Hivemarket proper, the sea of sand beneath them becomes increasingly littered with visiting starships. Beyond the walls, market stalls of every imaginable colour, with all manner of strange symbols, crowd each other along haphazard pedestrian paths and a few narrow roads. Amid all the colourful chaos stand dozens of permanent buildings, most made of the same sandstone as the settlement's walls.

Based on the jumble of vehicles outside, it's fair to say that Hivemarket has no official landing facilities; the crew simply needs to claim a piece of desert outside the walls. In short order BD514 has snuggly planted itself about two miles out from the market itself.

Culture Results

So here's the breakdown of what y'all have learned about Akiton:

- Akiton is a desert world with a thin atmosphere and low gravity. Its economy was based on thasteron, a fuel used in sub-light travel; when the Drift was discovered, Akiton's economy crashed.

- Akiton is home to red-skinned Humans known as Hykli, Ysokis, four-armed Shobhads, lizard-like Ikeshtis, and many other species. You have knowledge equivalent to that found on page 442-443 of the Starfinder Corebook.

- Hivemarket is located at the base of Ka, the Pillar of the Sky, but it also extends through subterranean lava tubes into the mountain itself. When dust storms strike or raiders attack the city, the market's merchants take cover in these tunnels.

OOC