Jump to content

Part I: Punching the Clock


Maester1216

Recommended Posts

DARWYN PRIESTLY ("Morgan Hunt") - Outlaw Human Operative 1 DarwynPriestlyv1.jpg.c9b7d66d7d308f78ee62fdb3405cb65b.jpg

HP: 10/10 | SP: 8/8| RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 16 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 |

INITIATIVE: +5 | LINK: M-W Character Sheet

PRIMARY WEAPON: Azimuth Laser Pistol - 1d4F - 20/24


Akari nods his head at Runo's answer. He turns to the captain and speaks "Ok Princess, I am going to reach out to Darwyn, give him a heads up to keep a lookout for anything suspicious, in case their play is to hit us at the ship." he follows his words with deeds and activates his communicator with a connection to Darwyn. "Hey Darwyn, this is Akari you read me?" once he gets a response back he continues. "Just wanted to give you a heads up, would could be seeing some funny business from some space goblins and their friends, so keep your eyes peeled for any suspicious activity, it may be a play against our cargo."


Oh, biznak.... This just keeps getting better and better.

Responding to Akari's transmission on his comm unit, "Morgan" continues to keep one eye on the screen with the Ysoki huckster and his other eye on the ship's other security monitors.

"Well, it's like this, Akari. We might be having a small problem here. There's a Ysoki outside the hatch who says he's from Gedex International and he's trying to recruit us to work for them. So far, I haven't seen anybody else trying to sneak up on the ship,  but this could be part of that space goblin business that you were talking about."

"I'm going to try to get rid of this frellin' drannit, but if you don't hear back from me in , say, 15 minutes, then approach the ship very carefully. Park the cargo rig at a safe distance, then have Jinn send Whiskey over on a surveillance fly-by to gather intel on my situation. Do you copy?"

 

Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)
Name
PERCEPTION
18
1d20+6 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.png

The warehouse of Prat's Produce is large, well stocked and well maintained. Following the directory at the entrance guides the crew to their particular cargo, and soon enough the process of loading the berries onto the cargo rig is underway. Still, even assisted by the hovercarts the crew is looking at several hours of work ahead of them...


Gedech Kor continues talking at the cargo bay door, speaking at length on benefit packages and stock options available with Gedex Interstellar, all the while blissfully unaware of how perilously close he is to facing down the barrel of a laser pistol.

OOC

There's 50 tonnes of Yaro Berries packed into 50 lbs crates to move onto the cargo rig. Normally a job like this would take two people about 16 hours, but using the two hovercarts will reduce that by half to around 8 hours. A third worker would reduce this again to a final time of 5 hours to complete this task.

"Morgan": Your Sense Motive and Culture Check don't turn up anything - the Ysoki seems trustworthy but who could say, and Gedex Interstellar sounds like any other shipping company in the Pact Worlds. Based on your Perception checks, the Ysoki seems to be the only person outside the ship right now.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Akari Monduro

81f7cd52b4cd420be87aace2b425cd9d.jpg.4f74523b4b1206db8b209ea82d15c12a.jpgHit Points: 10

Stamina: 8

Resolve: 5

EAC: 15

KAC: 16

Akari Saves

Akari's face shows a look of shocked amazement at Davir's comment though the crinkles around his eyes tells the lie. "And possibly harm these beautiful hands made for flying, then how would we leave?" he laughs before making his way over to start helping. Though he does look around for a moment. "Where is Jin? I am sure four people could get this done even faster."

 

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2855926]Akari Monduro[/url][/b] [i]KASATHAS Operative NG[/i] [b]HP[/b] 10 / 10 [b]RES[/b] 5 / 5 [b]STAM[/b] 8 / 8 [b]Speed[/b] 30ft [b]Init[/b] 4 [b]KAC[/b] 16 [b]EAC[/b] 15 [b]Fort[/b] 4 [b]Ref[/b] 6 [b]Will[/b] 4 [b]CMB[/b] 24 [b]BAB[/b] 0 [b]Longsword[/b] 1 (1d8, -) [b]Laser Pistol[/b] 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) [b]Str[/b] 13 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 18 (4) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 15 (2) [b]Int[/b] 17 (3) [b]Cha[/b] 17 (3)
Akari Monduro KASATHAS Operative NG HP 10 / 10 RES 5 / 5 STAM 8 / 8 Speed 30ft Init 4 KAC 16 EAC 15 Fort 4 Ref 6 Will 4 CMB 24 BAB 0 Longsword 1 (1d8, -)
Laser Pistol 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) Str 13 (1) Dex 18 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 15 (2) Int 17 (3) Cha 17 (3)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 spacer.png Jin & Whiskey

HP: 10/10 | 10/10
Stamina: 9/9
Resolve: 4/4
EAC/KAC: 14/15 | 14/14

Jin SavesFort +5
Ref +5
Will +2
| Whiskey SavesFort +0
Ref +5
Will -1
spacer.png


Jin suddenly emerges from...wherever he was, chewing on what looks like a candy cigarette. "You rang?" he says as he goes to help them load the cargo. While he's doing that, Whiskey flies up and pivots around in every direction, scouting the area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Duncan

DuncanHeadshot.png.be46700f7539b79f5a8862e355a5beb8.png

 

On 1/22/2024 at 2:01 AM, Zaathun said:

"I like the hum, lad, and the hustle, ye're worth two of my bags of bones.", Davir nods in approval at Duncan's joining in, wiping a few beads of sweat from his forehead. "You know 'Absalom's Sting is at the Bottom' or 'Hungry's the Eox Lass?'" he inquires inqusitively in a suspiciously innocent tone that suggests the content of said shanties, before shouting rudely across the loading dock.

Duncan gives Davir a goofy grin, "I am not falling for that again. You tried to teach me that stuff before, never again. We just gots to get this loaded."

The big man does, however, jump at the sudden appearance of Jin, "Yo man! We need to get you a frickin bell."

 

OOC and Actions

Duncan-------------------------
HP: 11 / 11 EAC: 14 Fort: +5
SP: 11 / 11 KAC: 15 Ref: +4
Res: 3 / 3 Init: +8 Will: +4


===== Reactions =====


===== Actions =====

 

Ongoing Effects and Daily Use Things

Ongoing Effects:

Remaining Resources:
 

 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DARWYN PRIESTLY ("Morgan Hunt") - Outlaw Human Operative 1 DarwynPriestlyv1.jpg.c9b7d66d7d308f78ee62fdb3405cb65b.jpg

HP: 10/10 | SP: 8/8| RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 16 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 |

INITIATIVE: +5 | LINK: M-W Character Sheet

PRIMARY WEAPON: Azimuth Laser Pistol - 1d4F - 20/24


"Okay. That's IT! Wait right there! Don't move a frellin' whisker!" the ex-smuggler snarls in colloquial Ysoki.

Making sure the safety is off on his laser pistol, Darwyn storms off to the starboard cargo bay hold. He slams open the controls for the exit hatch with his fist and -- with blood in his eye and in his heart -- he confronts the intended target of his justifiable wrath.

Whipping out his pistol and aiming it at Gedech Kor's wriggling, little snout, the "electrician" makes his intentions clear. "Exactly what part of 'Go away' didn't you understand, you blotchin' drannit? Now get the draz out of here and find another starport to infest!"

 

Name
INTIMIDATION
21
1d20+8 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8syf8g2b.png.edf2e02a628e1f9907968396b5cf1f5a.pngDavir Karst  Cargomaster


"Ye're right, Duncan, lad. We're corporate folk, need tae sanitise our jingles. Keep the whislin' up, I'm starting ta have ideas.", Davir replies, as the other people start scurrying around the cargo. As Jin comes around, the ash-skinned man clicks his tongue in dramatic disapproval. "Those things kill, ya know. Too much sugar. I was all freckly and tanned 'fore I got into 'em." The tone clearly indicates an extortion for a piece of the sweet treat as he moves another crate with a heavy clang.

 

 

 


Stats

 

Actions

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gedech falls flat on his backside, a look of terror in his face as Darwyn levels his weapon at him. "Calistria on a cracker! What're the Worlds coming to when this is what you get for offerin' people work?! If this is how you talk to folks is it any wonder you're slaving away for the likes of EJ?!" Adjusting his tie and picking up the items he had dropped in the preceeding commotion, the Ysoki departs from the dock in a huff.

spacer.png


The work isn't necessarily any less strenuous, but the extra hands at the very least make the task far less time consuming. After only a few hours the Yaro berries are all accounted for and secured on the cargo rig's trailer.

spacer.png

As the crew is finishing up in the warehouse and preparing to return to Ship's End, Runo appears with one more crate of berries. "I've been told ship rations can get pretty stale on a long Drift," he says with a smile as he passes the crate to Davir. "Courtesy of Prat's Produce. Now I won't keep you folks much longer, so I'll be quick: when you reach Akiton, you're gonna wanna look up a lady called Siski - she's the manager of Ka Imports and the point of contact in Hivemarket for this little venture. Oh, and send her my regards to! She and I go back a ways, and I haven't seen her in ages."

OOC

The extra case of Yaro Berries Runo has given you are worth a base of 500 credits if you decide to sell them in Akiton's markets.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Akari Monduro

81f7cd52b4cd420be87aace2b425cd9d.jpg.4f74523b4b1206db8b209ea82d15c12a.jpgHit Points: 10

Stamina: 8

Resolve: 5

EAC: 15

KAC: 16

Akari Saves

Akari dust off his hands as they finish loading the crates and smiles as Runo appears and chuckles at the mention of ship Rations, the fruit would be a great addition to their food, though he would wait and see if other crew preferred to sell it for extra creds for the crew.. "That is much appreciated boss man." once they got the details on who the goods needed to go to he gkt behind the drivers side of the vehicle and waited for the others to load up as well. "Well folks, we ready to go? Keep your eyes peeled, no idea if we got goblins on our tail. Let's get this on ship, I am not going to feel comfortable until we have blasted off this rock and back in the black, where I can see anything coming."

 

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2855926]Akari Monduro[/url][/b] [i]KASATHAS Operative NG[/i] [b]HP[/b] 10 / 10 [b]RES[/b] 5 / 5 [b]STAM[/b] 8 / 8 [b]Speed[/b] 30ft [b]Init[/b] 4 [b]KAC[/b] 16 [b]EAC[/b] 15 [b]Fort[/b] 4 [b]Ref[/b] 6 [b]Will[/b] 4 [b]CMB[/b] 24 [b]BAB[/b] 0 [b]Longsword[/b] 1 (1d8, -) [b]Laser Pistol[/b] 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) [b]Str[/b] 13 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 18 (4) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 15 (2) [b]Int[/b] 17 (3) [b]Cha[/b] 17 (3)
Akari Monduro KASATHAS Operative NG HP 10 / 10 RES 5 / 5 STAM 8 / 8 Speed 30ft Init 4 KAC 16 EAC 15 Fort 4 Ref 6 Will 4 CMB 24 BAB 0 Longsword 1 (1d8, -)
Laser Pistol 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) Str 13 (1) Dex 18 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 15 (2) Int 17 (3) Cha 17 (3)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

token_1(1).png.47172e8386c7103696175dce72d501df.pngRaenala Zeizerer - Drow - Envoy 1

HP: 10/10 | SP: 8/8 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 15 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 | INITIATIVE: +4

PRIMARY WEAPON: Zeizerer Munitions' Azimuth Laser Pistol - 1d4F - 24/24


Raenala had spent those hours loading simply standing. Leaned against the roof, her eyes scarcely blinking before the long watch of mild paranoia. Maybe she was simply using it as an excuse to fall into that restful trance that so oft' masqueraded as sleep among the elven kindred of the Pact Worlds.

 

No. Unfortunately, her concern was too real to allow for wholesome wage theft. It was no cozy dozing watch, but a disassociated stare. Long in thoughts pensive and beyond. She was almost happy to hear the usual annoyance of Akari's voice. Though even he was serious now. Raenala ducked inside the cabin, her billed hat tossed casually onto the dashboard. Fingertips ruffled and fluffled her compressed hat hair back out from that uncomfortable to perceive compression into an aesthetically pleasing voluminous mess of lilac white.

 

"Morgan." Raenala spoke into her comm unit. "We just finished loading up, everything looking good on your end?"

 

 

Edited by Gilda (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DARWYN PRIESTLY ("Morgan Hunt") - Outlaw Human Operative 1 DarwynPriestlyv1.jpg.c9b7d66d7d308f78ee62fdb3405cb65b.jpg

HP: 10/10 | SP: 8/8| RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 16 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 |

INITIATIVE: +5 | LINK: M-W Character Sheet

PRIMARY WEAPON: Azimuth Laser Pistol - 1d4F - 20/24


Somewhat mollified by the immediate disappearance of the little rodent, "Morgan" makes his way back into the ship and secures the hatch. Returning to the bridge, he picks up his discarded datapad to continue reading articles on hyper-mathematics and plasma physics on QUANTA.

He continues checking the security monitors out of the corner of his eye. Settling into a beat-up chair, he returns to the page with the 3-D foldout detailing a path integral formulation as part of a continuing commentary on the functional integration of the Drift.

He then gets Raenala's message.

"Zangblats!" he exclaims. "What now?!!"

Controlling himself, steadying his nerves, he responds calmly. "All's quiet here, skipper. I got rid of the Ysoki with no trouble. His name was Gedech Kor, and he said that he represents Gedex Interstellar based here on Castrovel. He was looking to recruit us, I think."

"I told him to evaporate."

 

Name
PERCEPTION
11
1d20+6 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8syf8g2b.png.edf2e02a628e1f9907968396b5cf1f5a.pngDavir Karst  Cargomaster


"Without asking for a joining bonus first? Thought ye're keener than that, Morgan!", Davir shouts from the back of the cargo skiff, perhaps a little too loud for the Captain. Leaning onto one of the crates, he wipes the sweat off his brow before poking his spindly fingers around one of the freight-destined crates and attempting to sneak a berry away. "Can us carbon life forms eat those?", he inquires half-mindedly, still on top of the skiff.

A bump in the road causes a sound vaguely reminiscing of a cargo-crate lid slamming into a hand, followed by an ear-blistering invective.

 


Stats

 

Actions

I feel obligated to attempt to roll a Sleight of Hand to steal a berry from the produce. It's what Besmara would've wanted.

 

Edited by Zaathun (see edit history)
Name
Sleight of Hand, stealing a berry
5
1d20+3 2
Culture to know Gedex Interstellar, DC reduced by 5
4
1d20+1 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DARWYN PRIESTLY ("Morgan Hunt") - Outlaw Human Operative 1 DarwynPriestlyv1.jpg.c9b7d66d7d308f78ee62fdb3405cb65b.jpg

HP: 10/10 | SP: 8/8| RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 16 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 |

INITIATIVE: +5 | LINK: M-W Character Sheet

PRIMARY WEAPON: Azimuth Laser Pistol - 1d4F - 20/24


"Morgan" then starts yelling at his comm unit. "Look here, Karst! If you want to sign up with Gedex - frellin' - Interstellar, then you've got my blessing! Biznak! I'll even look up their zarkin' contact info for you!"

Again, the ex-smuggler struggles with his tumultuous emotions. Yotz! There are many a day when he would like to take this fahrbot job and.... and... *sigh*

Yeah, Then where would he go? Where could he be safe from the pervasive reach of Varikuara's mob?

"Hey. Uh, Davir? Um, sorry about that. Uh, yeah. Just, uh, sorry about that. I guess I just got spooked being here alone. Uh, I'll continue to keep watch for any other 'interesting' events. I'll keep you guys apprised. Okay?

After another moment of reflection, "Morgan" adds, "Uh, Raenala? I did a system reboot on the ship's computer. It took about 5 hours for TARN to complete, but it's done now. We're good to go. Just let me know when you show up so I can help load up. Just thought that maybe I should mention the reboot. That's all."

 

Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Akari Monduro

81f7cd52b4cd420be87aace2b425cd9d.jpg.4f74523b4b1206db8b209ea82d15c12a.jpgHit Points: 10

Stamina: 8

Resolve: 5

EAC: 15

KAC: 16

Akari Saves

Akari sighs as he hears that the systems have been rebooted. "Does that mean you cleared out my route calculations for our next destination?" A loud groan can be heard over the comms, as Akari begins muttering curses. Peeka looks over at him curiously from Raenala's lap but quickly settles back down to nap for the rest of the trip back to the ship. Akari takes a deep breath before he speaks up again "Its ok, I will recalculate when I get back, I was planning on tweaking it anyway to get us there quicker any way. Any way you can have the port authorities to begin the process of allowing us to depart as soon as we possibly can once we get back?"

 

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2855926]Akari Monduro[/url][/b] [i]KASATHAS Operative NG[/i] [b]HP[/b] 10 / 10 [b]RES[/b] 5 / 5 [b]STAM[/b] 8 / 8 [b]Speed[/b] 30ft [b]Init[/b] 4 [b]KAC[/b] 16 [b]EAC[/b] 15 [b]Fort[/b] 4 [b]Ref[/b] 6 [b]Will[/b] 4 [b]CMB[/b] 24 [b]BAB[/b] 0 [b]Longsword[/b] 1 (1d8, -) [b]Laser Pistol[/b] 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) [b]Str[/b] 13 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 18 (4) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 15 (2) [b]Int[/b] 17 (3) [b]Cha[/b] 17 (3)
Akari Monduro KASATHAS Operative NG HP 10 / 10 RES 5 / 5 STAM 8 / 8 Speed 30ft Init 4 KAC 16 EAC 15 Fort 4 Ref 6 Will 4 CMB 24 BAB 0 Longsword 1 (1d8, -)
Laser Pistol 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) Str 13 (1) Dex 18 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 15 (2) Int 17 (3) Cha 17 (3)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8syf8g2b.png.edf2e02a628e1f9907968396b5cf1f5a.pngDavir Karst  Cargomaster


"All I wanted was a sign-up bonus, lad! I'm wounded!", Davir shouts back, having patched himself into the comms with his own comm unit. He lets out a braying laugh as Morgan continues his rant, before nodding at the apology. "Ah, don't perspire it too much, Morgan. You're wound up tighter than an android lass today." Still in good spirits, despite the clamped fingers and the incoming haul, he gives a theatrical eyebrow raise at the passengers of the cab of the truck, and with a wide grin brings the comm unit to his mouth to add with a nonchalant voice, "We call that a shoulder rub when we're on route and we're golden, ey?"

 


Stats

 

Actions

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...