Part I: Punching the Clock

Maester1216

token_1(1).png.47172e8386c7103696175dce72d501df.pngRaenala Zeizerer - Drow - Envoy 1

HP: 10/10 | SP: 8/8 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 15 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 | INITIATIVE: +4

PRIMARY WEAPON: Zeizerer Munitions' Azimuth Laser Pistol - 1d4F - 24/24

Raenala's passive expression buried a building annoyance. She, like many of her kin, were all too proficient at masking the truth of their feeling. Building into that ever-pervasive aloof stereotype. She leaned back against the frame of the automatic door. Arms crossed beside her companions. Pale, lilac, eyes resting on Akari with unspoken expectation that he'd resolve the issue. Lest she have to do it herself.

She didn't want to do it herself.

"He stares at screens all day. I'd take his help."

Name
Aid on Akari's Diplomacy Check
1d20+8 15

DARWYN PRIESTLY ("Morgan Hunt") - Outlaw Human Operative 1 DarwynPriestlyv1.jpg.c9b7d66d7d308f78ee62fdb3405cb65b.jpg

HP: 10/10 | SP: 8/8| RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 16 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 |

INITIATIVE: +5 | LINK: M-W Character Sheet

PRIMARY WEAPON: Azimuth Laser Pistol - 1d4F - 20/24

Oh, frell. It's either a salesman or a lawyer.

Activating the ship's comm, but keeping the cargo hold door securely closed, Darwyn answers the door remotely. Switching to colloquial Ysoki, he says threateningly, <<Yeah? Waddya' want? If you're lookin' to sell somethin', go peddle yer apps somewhere else!>>

He then checks the other surveillance cameras just in case this is a feint.

Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)
Name
PERCEPTION
1d20+6 5

8syf8g2b.png.edf2e02a628e1f9907968396b5cf1f5a.pngDavir Karst  Cargomaster

Letting out a puffing sigh from his chest, Davir puts the package of flavoured crickets on the desk and nods. "Well, if the paper's all spic and span, we can get ta loadin' then, eh? Rest when ye're dead and all.", Nodding at the broad-shouldered lad, he adds with a wide grin. "All stretched, supernova star? We got crates to load, they got pencils to lift. We're leaving them with at least nine thumbs here, one of them is bound ta work."

If we manage to start loading the cargo and stuff doesn't check out, it'd be easier to convince the lasher to smoothen the thing over., the man thinks to himself as he rubs his scraggly beard.

Stats

Combat Actions

spacer.png

Runo looks askance at Raenala. "Suppose somebody has to." Turning his attention towards Akari the Lashunta musters up a grateful smile. "By all means. Just one sec..." Getting up and grabbing the tablet, Runo quickly presses his thumb to the screen before passing it to Akari. "There. That's halfway to root access for you. Thanks by the way; this thing getting fracked couldn't have been timed any worse, with how much I've got riding on these Yaro berries."

He then cocks his head towards Davir. "Warehouse is at the back of the building. Just follow the signs and you should find it now problem. Once everything's been signed over you can start loading up. Liability reasons, you know how it goes. This shipment's my retirement plan, so you see why I don't want anymore hitches along the way."

Akari get's to work on cracking the datapad, Prat's thumbprint aiding greatly in bypassing the more obtrusive parts of the device's security measures. After a few minutes he manages to gain unsecured access, but is surprised to find a firewall partitioning off root access to the device. Runo's surprised look is telling. "This is news to me. Anything stand out about the thing?"

spacer.png

The Ysoki chuckles to himself as he looks about the door for a camera, locking his eyes when he finds it. "Oh I'm not selling anything friend! In fact I'm hoping to make you some money. My name is Gedech Kor, and I represent Gedex Interstellar based here on Castrovel. We're a small fleet offering customs-cleared courier and cargo transport services across the Pact Worlds and Near Space, and have been a staple of Qabarat's business community for well-over 50 years; ask anyone out and about and you're gonna get the same picture of a reliable, community-focused company."

Gedech opens up his briefcase and pulls out a stack of forms, proceeding to sort and organize them. "Gedex is always looking for talented, goal-oriented and team-focused individuals to join our corporate family. Whether its sailing through the Drift on one of our courier ships, handling cargo at one of our freight stations, or seeking to build a career on one of our corporate teams, a job with Gedex offers so much more. You’re connecting people to what matters most to them, delivering birthday gifts from a loved one, helping businesses meet critical deadlines, connecting healthcare providers with life-saving medical shipments or simply ensuring a package that will make someone’s day arrives on time."

The Ysoki spend several minutes detailing the benefits of working for Gedex Interstellar in an, admittedly, well-rehearsed script.

OOC

So fixing the Datapad will require either a DC 17 Computer Check or a DC 17 Engineering Check. Normally the Computer Check would require a Hacking Kit, but I'm gonna waive that as Runo's thumbprint would give you at least partial access. His thumbprint also gives +5 to the results of the check, which brings Akari's final result to 22.

As this constitutes a Full-Action, let's say this takes about 4 minutes to do for the sake of time tracking.

Cracking the Firewall is gonna be a DC 19 Computer Check, aided by Runo's thumbprint. Additionally a DC 15 Perception Check will net details about the Firewall itself.

As far as Darwyn can tell, the Ysoki is by himself.

If Darwyn wants to try a Sense Motive roll, the DC's gonna be 17. He can also try a Culture Check to see what he knows about Gedex Interstellar, and the DC for that will also be 17.

Akari Monduro

81f7cd52b4cd420be87aace2b425cd9d.jpg.4f74523b4b1206db8b209ea82d15c12a.jpgHit Points: 10

Stamina: 8

Resolve: 5

EAC: 15

KAC: 16

Akari Saves

Akari takes a moment working through the tablet muttering to himself when he hits the firewall. "You did not mention a firewall, well no matter" he cracks his knuckles and then continue pushing through to get behind what was causing the issue.

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2855926]Akari Monduro[/url][/b] [i]KASATHAS Operative NG[/i] [b]HP[/b] 10 / 10 [b]RES[/b] 5 / 5 [b]STAM[/b] 8 / 8 [b]Speed[/b] 30ft [b]Init[/b] 4 [b]KAC[/b] 16 [b]EAC[/b] 15 [b]Fort[/b] 4 [b]Ref[/b] 6 [b]Will[/b] 4 [b]CMB[/b] 24 [b]BAB[/b] 0 [b]Longsword[/b] 1 (1d8, -) [b]Laser Pistol[/b] 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) [b]Str[/b] 13 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 18 (4) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 15 (2) [b]Int[/b] 17 (3) [b]Cha[/b] 17 (3)
Akari Monduro KASATHAS Operative NG HP 10 / 10 RES 5 / 5 STAM 8 / 8 Speed 30ft Init 4 KAC 16 EAC 15 Fort 4 Ref 6 Will 4 CMB 24 BAB 0 Longsword 1 (1d8, -)
Laser Pistol 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) Str 13 (1) Dex 18 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 15 (2) Int 17 (3) Cha 17 (3)

Name
Firewall computer use
1d20+13 16
Perception
1d20+7 10

spacer.png

Upon examining the firewall more closely, Akari can see clearly why Runo was surprised; the firewall and its adjacent algorithmic principles utilize classic Space Goblin coding techniques. It seems that whomever hacked the datapad changed Runo's password, and after several failed login attempts this activated the lockout countermeasures installed onto the device. In spite of this the work proves to be no great obstacle to Akari, and soon enough he's able to clear the hacker's work from the datapad and reset Runo's password.

Runo peeks over Akari's shoulder as the work is being finished up. "So what's the word, any idea what happened to the thing?"

Sighing in relief as the datapad is handed back to him, Runo quickly taps at the screen to bring the documentation for the order up before passing it to Raenala for a signature. "Can't thank you enough for this. All of you. You've got no idea how much this shipment means to me; this is the culmination of years of planning and investment, and if all goes well on Akiton for you I'll be able to retire in security. Been running the store for thirty years give or take, but now its my girl Needa's turn. She'll be... fifth generation to run the place I reckon?"

Edited by Maester1216 (see edit history)

Akari Monduro

81f7cd52b4cd420be87aace2b425cd9d.jpg.4f74523b4b1206db8b209ea82d15c12a.jpgHit Points: 10

Akari Saves

As Akari digs into the firewall and what happened a look of surprise crosses his face for a moment. "Can you think of any reason a space goblin would want to hack you? At least the techniques used point to space goblin coding anyway. Nothing I can not clear up, but its strange they would go to this trouble with you." he gets a thoughtful look on his face as Runo describes how important this shipment was to him. "Could they be hacking you over this shipment? My understanding is this is just some routine shipment of fruit, is there more to it? at the end of the day a job was a job and they already agreed to it, but if there was more to it than they were aware of they could be in danger and that could require extra negotiation to include a hazard pay. He would leave that to the captain though.

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2855926]Akari Monduro[/url][/b] [i]KASATHAS Operative NG[/i] [b]HP[/b] 10 / 10 [b]RES[/b] 5 / 5 [b]STAM[/b] 8 / 8 [b]Speed[/b] 30ft [b]Init[/b] 4 [b]KAC[/b] 16 [b]EAC[/b] 15 [b]Fort[/b] 4 [b]Ref[/b] 6 [b]Will[/b] 4 [b]CMB[/b] 24 [b]BAB[/b] 0 [b]Longsword[/b] 1 (1d8, -) [b]Laser Pistol[/b] 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) [b]Str[/b] 13 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 18 (4) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 15 (2) [b]Int[/b] 17 (3) [b]Cha[/b] 17 (3)
Akari Monduro KASATHAS Operative NG HP 10 / 10 RES 5 / 5 STAM 8 / 8 Speed 30ft Init 4 KAC 16 EAC 15 Fort 4 Ref 6 Will 4 CMB 24 BAB 0 Longsword 1 (1d8, -)
Laser Pistol 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) Str 13 (1) Dex 18 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 15 (2) Int 17 (3) Cha 17 (3)

spacer.png

A brief look of indignation passes over Runo at Monduro's question, but the Lashunta steadies his gaze before responding. "Just environmentally conscious, locally sourced Yaro Berries. Whoever did this could just be looking for food or quick cash, but if they're working for someone they might have a way to get the berries off-world to sell. These things go for 10 credits a pound on Akiton for reference, and I've got them packed in fifty pound boxes. That's a full belly or credit account if someone get's their hands on even one."

Runo rubs his chin in thought for a moment. "Still... old army buddy of mine works security in Ship's End, and he did mention some reports about Space Goblins around the docks. Didn't think much of it at the time - infestations like that crop up from time to time - but if they're the one's behind this, then I wouldn't expect anything above board."

token_1(1).png.47172e8386c7103696175dce72d501df.pngRaenala Zeizerer - Drow - Envoy 1

HP: 10/10 | SP: 8/8 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 15 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 | INITIATIVE: +4

There was interest in Raenala's expression, feigned as it was, in Runo's rambling about his retirement. She couldn't deny the ping of jealousy at him. A lifetime of toil finished. Raenala would need at least decades to pay of this debt at the wages she was slaved to. The datapad was now in her hand. Drawing with the tip of her finger, an elegant flow that roughly approximated Raenala's name in cursive elven script across the screen.

"Good luck with your retirement, Runo." She languidly flipped the pad around towards Runo. She turned, now speaking into her comm. "We're clear to load them up. Keep your eyes out for goblins."

With a nod towards Runo, Raenala left the cramped, cluttered, office for the loading dock.

Edited by Gilda (see edit history)

"Loud and clear, Captain. Will keep an eye out fer any gobs orbiting around here.", Davir replies, as he gives a quick glance around the loading dock as he stretches his body with painful sounding cracking. "There a particular type of gob ye want, green, gray, brown?", he adds over the radio as he pops open the cargo door and reaches to grab the first pair of crates of berries with apparent wanton disregard to health and safety lifting guidelines, and starts loading them in the hovercart.

Stats

Actions

Will be attempting a perception, then loading - I'm guessing an Athletics skill of some note?

Name
Perception to see any space gobbos?
1d20+0 3
Athletics to load stuff on the skiff
1d20+8 12

DARWYN PRIESTLY ("Morgan Hunt") - Outlaw Human Operative 1 DarwynPriestlyv1.jpg.c9b7d66d7d308f78ee62fdb3405cb65b.jpg

HP: 10/10 | SP: 8/8| RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 16 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 |

INITIATIVE: +5 | LINK: M-W Character Sheet

PRIMARY WEAPON: Azimuth Laser Pistol - 1d4F - 20/24

A salesman. Darwyn slowly runs his hand over his face and hair in obvious exasperation. This I need? he thinks to himself.

The ex-smuggler considers opening the portal just so that he could blast the little rodent with his laser pistol just for the satisfaction, but thinks better of it. Keeping the hatch securely locked, the big man continues to check the other security monitors for any signs of forced entry (or sabotage) on the rest of the ship as he tries to figure out what the blotchin' huckster's angle is.

He also quickly runs through his memory to see what he can remember about any such thing as "Gedex Interstellar".

Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)
Name
PERCEPTION
1d20+6 8
SENSE MOTIVE
1d20+6 4
CULTURE CHECK
1d20+8 4

Duncan

DuncanHeadshot.png.be46700f7539b79f5a8862e355a5beb8.png

Duncan, having followed Davir out to the docks was indeed stretching before the call came in. The large man grinned as they got the call, "Let's get this sorted huh Dav?"

While Davir goes about loading a crate, Duncan hefts up as much as he is able to begins to load the hauler. He hums a low tune as he works with the occasional grunt.

OOC and Actions

Duncan-------------------------
HP: 11 / 11 EAC: 14 Fort: +5
SP: 11 / 11 KAC: 15 Ref: +4
Res: 3 / 3 Init: +8 Will: +4

===== Reactions =====

===== Actions =====

Ongoing Effects and Daily Use Things

Ongoing Effects:

Remaining Resources:

Akari Monduro

Akari Saves

Akari nods his head at Runo's answer. He turns to the captain and speaks "Ok Princess, I am going to reach out to Darwyn, give him a heads up to keep a lookout for anything suspicious, in case their play is to hit us at the ship." he follows his words with deeds and activates his communicator with a connection to Darwyn. "Hey Darwyn, this is Akari you read me?" once he gets a response back he continues. "Just wanted to give you a heads up, would could be seeing some funny business from some space goblins and their friends, so keep your eyes peeled for any suspicious activity, it may be a play against our cargo."

Once he finishes his call he turns back to the captain all his senses keyed up on the lookout for anything, ready to pull his sword in a heartbeat and defend both himself or the Captain. "We ready to go Princess? The sooner we get this cargo on our ship and moving the easier I am going to feel."

Statblock

Name
Perception
1d20+7 1

"I like the hum, lad, and the hustle, ye're worth two of my bags of bones.", Davir nods in approval at Duncan's joining in, wiping a few beads of sweat from his forehead. "You know 'Absalom's Sting is at the Bottom' or 'Hungry's the Eox Lass?'" he inquires inqusitively in a suspiciously innocent tone that suggests the content of said shanties, before shouting rudely across the loading dock. "Ey, Akari! Ye're blessed and can keep hands in pockets while lugging luggage! Give us a hand, ye got spares!"

Stats

Actions

"Certainly don't need you doting over me, Akari." Raenala cast a glance towards the shouting Davir across the loading dock. "Your man is calling you. I'm going to keep an eye out. Special eyes and all that." She wasn't one to wait for answers or rebuttals. The superstition about goblins shouldn't have put her on edge, but it did. Her thumb pressed against the back of her holstered laser pistol's handle. Sliding down the ergonomic grip, to the extended battery that stuck out of the grip's bottom. Her nerves pushed that little sprout of anxiety forward as she walked away. Thumb pushed against metallic edge to the point of pain.

She didn't want to waste any more years here than she had to. The debt they'd all stack on if this shipment went wrong... It wasn't helpful to think about. She knew that, even as she stood herself up on the step outside the passenger side door. Her arms crossed, leaned against the roof. Staring out into the rain. Basking in the paranoia that it could all go wrong.

Edited by Gilda (see edit history)
Name
Perception
1d20+8 8