Part I: Punching the Clock

Maester1216

8syf8g2b.png.edf2e02a628e1f9907968396b5cf1f5a.pngDavir Karst  Cargomaster

Shaking the Qabarat rain from his head with a calloused hand, Davir jumps off the hover cart with a sigh. "Dry land ahead!", he shouts, as he rubs his hands, dipping into the store to get away from the now-boring drizzle. He nods approvingly at the place, and whistles.  "Clean as a Stewie latrine!" , he exhales, before nodding at Akari. "I'd let the Captain look at the pick-up, and make clear we're picking the good stuff, ya scan me?"

An appraising eye begins appraising the produce, the measurements of the carts, and briefly scans the occasional eye-catching shopper, before settling on browsing the flavourings and colourings isle.

Stats

To Be Updated :)

Combat Actions

token_1(1).png.47172e8386c7103696175dce72d501df.pngRaenala Zeizerer - Drow - Envoy 1

HP: 10/10 | SP: 8/8 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 15 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 | INITIATIVE: +4

PRIMARY WEAPON: Zeizerer Munitions' Azimuth Laser Pistol - 1d4F - 24/24

"Davir, this might be your only chance to be easily understood by someone in a professional setting." Raenala pushed the door open with a graceless shove of her boot. Peeka was slid off like a furry mass of liquid back onto the chair. Left to pool into a heap of round and cozy, as she palmed the door shut. The rain kept her cold, and unhappy, even with the minor protection of her hat and the insulating warmth of her jacket.

"I wouldn't pass up that mind-probing telepathy if I was you." Raenala continued on with or without company. Though she can't deny, there was a certain joy to having a small entourage following her around all the time. Nevertheless, business.

"Can one of you take some B-roll for me? Just walk up and down the isles with framing on the shelves." She muttered into her comm link. She took a moment to grab pictures of her own, first from the outside then with a slow dolly shot through the automatic doors. Satisfied, she turned towards the closest employee-looking person.

"Hello, I'm with EJ Corp. Here to pick up an order of Yaro Berries. Know where I can find Runo Prat?"

"Perfectly comprehensive I am, Captain. Entry interview packed me with the best Captain in the system, didn't they?", he replies in a tone suggesting righteous indignation, before nodding, and pulling out his comm unit, pointing it towards the shelves as suggested. "I can work the cam, but I'd ask Jin to work your sensors, bot can fly and I can't. I think.", he adds, as he reaches up to grab pictures of the local produce, before stopping and grabbing two industrial-sized packets of a particularly unappetising looking blocks, brown and chunky looking. "Bursary says Cricket Bars, Marshmellow or Barbecue? Failing that, we cook Akari's poultry stoat?"

Stats

Combat Actions

Edited by Zaathun (see edit history)

Akari Monduro

81f7cd52b4cd420be87aace2b425cd9d.jpg.4f74523b4b1206db8b209ea82d15c12a.jpgHit Points: 10

Stamina: 8

Resolve: 5

EAC: 15

KAC: 16

Akari Saves

Akari chuckles at Davir's poultry comment."I would be careful threatening Peeka, I think the Princess likes her better than she does you" he gives him a wink letting him know he was joking, though with the princess he was not a hundred percent sure, she might actually like Peeka more than any of the crew. At least Peeka seemed to have bonded with her more than the rest of the crew with the exception of him of course. "Also Peeka is pretty smart, she think you are out to get her and she might leave you a stinky present under your pillow, and steal all your shinies to boot." which of course wasn't to say she had not already tried to steal his shinies. He still had not quite got her to understand boundaries and proper property ownership. She was smart, but at the end of the day she was still just an animal.

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2855926]Akari Monduro[/url][/b] [i]KASATHAS Operative NG[/i] [b]HP[/b] 10 / 10 [b]RES[/b] 5 / 5 [b]STAM[/b] 8 / 8 [b]Speed[/b] 30ft [b]Init[/b] 4 [b]KAC[/b] 16 [b]EAC[/b] 15 [b]Fort[/b] 4 [b]Ref[/b] 6 [b]Will[/b] 4 [b]CMB[/b] 24 [b]BAB[/b] 0 [b]Longsword[/b] 1 (1d8, -) [b]Laser Pistol[/b] 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) [b]Str[/b] 13 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 18 (4) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 15 (2) [b]Int[/b] 17 (3) [b]Cha[/b] 17 (3)
Akari Monduro KASATHAS Operative NG HP 10 / 10 RES 5 / 5 STAM 8 / 8 Speed 30ft Init 4 KAC 16 EAC 15 Fort 4 Ref 6 Will 4 CMB 24 BAB 0 Longsword 1 (1d8, -)
Laser Pistol 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) Str 13 (1) Dex 18 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 15 (2) Int 17 (3) Cha 17 (3)

The Lashunta woman cocks her head towards the sound of Raenala's voice, narrowing her gaze for a passing moment as though she were trying to place the Drow's face before responding non-chalantly. "Oh yeah, dad said pickup was today. His office is near to the back of the store, past the meat section. Just remember to knock; he hates people barging in without even a 'hey how are ya'."

With the last line of data punched in, TARN begins a temporary code resequencing. Soon enough an audible ding is heard at the console before TARN's voice speaks up. "New code accepted. Beginning system reboot. ETA - 5 hours. While you wait, why not refamiliarize yourself with our Company's revised stock options."

Duncan

DuncanHeadshot.png.be46700f7539b79f5a8862e355a5beb8.png

"I got you Rae," He says as he takes out a recorder as well and walks outside briefly to do an entrance view. Once back inside he walks the aisle slowly, doing his best to avoid other people in the shot. His size helps him get some extra angles.

As Raenala gets ready to move on to the office he speaks up again, "Yo, let me know if you need back there or when you want me to start moving the product."

OOC and Actions

Duncan-------------------------
HP: 11 / 11 EAC: 14 Fort: +5
SP: 11 / 11 KAC: 15 Ref: +4
Res: 3 / 3 Init: +8 Will: +4

===== Reactions =====

===== Actions =====

Ongoing Effects and Daily Use Things

Ongoing Effects:

Remaining Resources:

DARWYN PRIESTLY ("Morgan Hunt") - Outlaw Human Operative 1 DarwynPriestlyv1.jpg.c9b7d66d7d308f78ee62fdb3405cb65b.jpg

HP: 10/10 | SP: 8/8| RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 16 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 |

INITIATIVE: +5 | LINK: M-W Character Sheet

PRIMARY WEAPON: Azimuth Laser Pistol - 1d4F - 20/24

Staring at the offending computer screen, "Morgan" can't contain his anger and frustration. "Boll yotz! Blotching TARN! Maybe five hours sounds pretty standard for an EJ Corp computer program, but I'll be frelled if I waste my time listening to the company's sales pitch!"

After a moment, though, Darwyn manages to calm down. *sigh* Okay, okay. Got it. Got it. That's just the way it works. *sigh* Alright, well, okay. I'll just take the time and bone up on some physics and math. It'll pass the time.

Then another thought strikes him. I hope that Raenala and the others won't be in a hurry to leave right away.

token_1(1).png.47172e8386c7103696175dce72d501df.pngRaenala Zeizerer - Drow - Envoy 1

HP: 10/10 | SP: 8/8 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 15 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 | INITIATIVE: +4

"Maybe if Runo cuts us a bad deal, you can play the good cop." Raenala's joke chimed with her characteristic flatness. It was as much of an invitation to join her as Duncan would get. She was wandering through the store now, aisle by aisle. Eyes squinting a distant search for meat section. Eventually, she found herself wandering the dairy aisle. Though she was here on business, she was painfully out of dip for her bulk purchase of chips, and her last tub of cottage cheese had ran out the other day... She stopped herself with a sigh. Even denying herself a new bottle of fruit juice.

Work. Focus.

The described door, and the meat section, came into view all at once. She centered herself with a flare of her nostrils and a straightening of her hat. One last inhale, and a moment to perfect her posture. Raenala knocked.

"Hello. I'm Raenala with EJ Corp. We're here for the yaro berries." She called through the rasped door, awaiting its promised opening.

Edited by Gilda (see edit history)

Duncan

DuncanHeadshot.png.be46700f7539b79f5a8862e355a5beb8.png

The B roll complete for the most part Duncan catches up to Raenala as she begins announcing their arrival at the door.

OOC and Actions

Duncan-------------------------
HP: 11 / 11 EAC: 14 Fort: +5
SP: 11 / 11 KAC: 15 Ref: +4
Res: 3 / 3 Init: +8 Will: +4

===== Reactions =====

===== Actions =====

Ongoing Effects and Daily Use Things

Ongoing Effects:

Remaining Resources:

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

"What? Yeah come in." The voice behind the door sounds careworn and distracted, and the sound of rustled paperwork betrays last minute tidying up of a space ahead of visitors.

Raenala opens the door to an older, stocky Lashunta wearing blue coveralls sits behind a wooden desk covered in papers. Noticeably, he is missing his left antenna and has a thin scar beginning at his forehead that zigzags back along his scalp.

The Lashunta is grumbling to himself while tapping furiously at a datapad, but upon seeing Raenala he tosses the datapad aside and responds in a polite - though agitated - voice. "You're with EJ Corp? Excellent. Was starting to get worried you'd gotten lost in the Drift. I'm Runo Prat by the way. Now everything's in order with the Yaro berries, so I just need a signature to make the transfer of goods official then you can start loading it up. Now where did I put that file..."

Runo starts scanning over his desk and rummaging through stacks of paper for the invoice in question.

Just as Darwyn is about to sit down with the latest copy of Quanta - including a scintillating foldout of a path integral formulation as part of a continuing commentary on the functional integration of the Drift - a resounding knock can be heard from the starboard cargo door...

Edited by Maester1216 (see edit history)

Raenala's nose wrinkled at the chaos within Runo's office. Not that she had any legs to stand on. What little she had was rarely anywhere but haphazardly thrown about her bed space on the ship. Her countless hairbands have been found in nearly every corner of the ship by now. That's not even to begin the cups she leaves in the strangest of places.

She keyed down the comm.

"Getting ready to sign the berries over. Finish your shopping, and get ready to start loading."

Raenala cast a glance over to Duncan but said nothing. She was standing opposite of Runo across his desk. Apparently, patiently, waiting for him to find the paperwork.

"T'sus, Mr. Prat, EJ corpos, slick as bantrid orbs.", the man responds as he appears at the door, leaning at the frame with a hand down his pocket, the coveralls unzipped to the middle of his chest. "Aye, same operational organisation as our vessel, that is.", he adds with a grin, cracking his knuckles as he nods at the captain. "Us working stiffs gon tae bring the skiff 'round the loading round back, then, eh? Or do ya need anything else?"

Stats

Combat Actions

DARWYN PRIESTLY ("Morgan Hunt") - Outlaw Human Operative 1 DarwynPriestlyv1.jpg.c9b7d66d7d308f78ee62fdb3405cb65b.jpg

HP: 10/10 | SP: 8/8| RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 16 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 |

INITIATIVE: +5 | LINK: M-W Character Sheet

PRIMARY WEAPON: Azimuth Laser Pistol - 1d4F - 20/24

Darwyn throws down his electronic tablet. "Zangblats!" he exclaims. "What the frell? Can't a fellow get a little peace and quiet around here? I knew we shouldn't have accepted this job on this yotz of a misbegotten planet!"

Spending a few moments trying to regain control of himself, the human sighs again and automatically tries to turn on the security cameras trained on the starboard cargo door.

And he takes out his laser pistol.

If it was Raenela and the crew, then they should've used their personal comm units to alert him to their return, preferably with the cargo. That way, they can lift off ASAP....

Oh, dren. The system reboot....

spacer.png

Runo looks up at Davir as he speaks, brow furrowed as he tries to pierce through his Diasporan twang while searching through a filing cabinet. "Once the stock's been signed over to you and yours then feel free to start loading up. Just as soon as I find the... damnation, I know I printed off that paperwork, so where is it?!"

Runo steadies his breathing to try and calm himself down. "Sorry. This would already be done if my datapad wasn't fracked - got all the necessary files and paperwork on it, just need a thumb print signature. Damned thing was working fine last night while I was doing inventory, but now it's a mess and I can't figure out why." He gestures helplessly to the tablet on his desk before returning to his search.

spacer.png

Checking the camera feed, Darwyn sees a lone individual standing in front of the cargo bay door; a Ysoki, sharply dressed in a black vest and red tie over a white dress shirt, a charming smile on their face and a briefcase at their side. A moment passes as the Ysoki looks too and frow before knocking at the door once more.

Edited by Maester1216 (see edit history)

Akari Monduro

81f7cd52b4cd420be87aace2b425cd9d.jpg.4f74523b4b1206db8b209ea82d15c12a.jpgHit Points: 10

Stamina: 8

Resolve: 5

EAC: 15

KAC: 16

Akari Saves

Akari glances at the tablet as Runo speaks of it not working. He gives the gentleman a questioning look as he speaks "Do you mind if I take a look, I know a thing or two about computers and perhaps its something simple. It certainly can not be any more complex as navigational computations I have to do" he figures anything to speed up the process and who knows, he might be grateful and throw in some extra supplies for his troubles.

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2855926]Akari Monduro[/url][/b] [i]KASATHAS Operative NG[/i] [b]HP[/b] 10 / 10 [b]RES[/b] 5 / 5 [b]STAM[/b] 8 / 8 [b]Speed[/b] 30ft [b]Init[/b] 4 [b]KAC[/b] 16 [b]EAC[/b] 15 [b]Fort[/b] 4 [b]Ref[/b] 6 [b]Will[/b] 4 [b]CMB[/b] 24 [b]BAB[/b] 0 [b]Longsword[/b] 1 (1d8, -) [b]Laser Pistol[/b] 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) [b]Str[/b] 13 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 18 (4) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 15 (2) [b]Int[/b] 17 (3) [b]Cha[/b] 17 (3)
Akari Monduro KASATHAS Operative NG HP 10 / 10 RES 5 / 5 STAM 8 / 8 Speed 30ft Init 4 KAC 16 EAC 15 Fort 4 Ref 6 Will 4 CMB 24 BAB 0 Longsword 1 (1d8, -)
Laser Pistol 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) Str 13 (1) Dex 18 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 15 (2) Int 17 (3) Cha 17 (3)

Name
Computer skills
1d20+8 9
Diplomacy
1d20+3 14
Engineering
1d20+8 3