The Brazen Bull

Posted (edited)

image.png.2c6c85a3ae9ae5511cb179effb6e8ad6.pngEveryone braces themselves for the worse when Luciana cracks open the northern door. When nothing happens, she further opens it and the torchlight reveals a 20-foot long hallway to a 30-foot wide chamber.  Ahead, the floor is engraved to portray a baleful horned helmet set within a ten-foot diameter circle. The engraving pulses with a deep crimson hue, dimly illuming the chamber.

The pulsing glow does cause a slight amount of nausea to anyone who spends any amount of time gazing at it (but nothing mechanical).

In the far left corner you see the familiar gleam of Iodás' magical halberd leaning against the wall. His horned helm is lying on the floor amongst his clothing and gear, yet his armour is missing. In the same corner is another pack, armour, and weapons of someone unfamiliar.

But what you find heartbreaking is the familiar form of your Viking companion in the lower right corner. Magnus' body lies on the floor in a heap, dressed in clothing that he would wear under his Legionnaire armour, of which there is no sign. His equipage is also there, but Thorn is missing.

Basically, all of Iodás' and Magnus' non-magical gear is all present. The scrolls are still present in the scroll case. All of Dianora's equipment (of course the PCs are unaware of who she is) is present as well.

Edited by Saltimbanco (see edit history)

image.png.32c3c9d08d97841008dc5dd718ec94f1.png Zenobios replies “Perfect. We’ve made a profit and survived the statue!

He begins packing up gear, carrying what he can while remaining mobile.

spacer.png

spacer.png | HP 32/33 AC 1 (0 vs. Evil) DR 2 | Saves 15 (vs. all +2) | Speed 30' | React/Loyal +2 | Abilities | Combat
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Luciana found herself trembling with anticipation as she opened the door. She expected a world of hurt and to fall into the grace of her goddess Artemis and brother Apollo. Yet, it did not come. Her nerves were wracked as she wondered if this was what fear used to feel like.

"Iodás... If only you'd given me a free moments before charging in... You'd be alive... Quick, take up the gear here. I don't recognize some of these... And where is Thorn? Damn it all..."

Luci began to also pick up gear.

spacer.pngZalven Tainos - Illusionist of the Second Order, Adherent of the Gleaming Eye

HP: 10/10 | AC: 8 | SV: 16 | Class Abilities | Gear | Sorcery | Character Sheet

Zalven shakes his head as he places a hand on Luciana's shoulder.

"I feel I bear some measure of responsibility. Had I readied the proper spells, perhaps we would have had the information necessary to pass without issue. I... I don't know. I'm sorry. In any case... Iodás does not seem to be here, despite some of his equipment being here. Some. Why would Magnus remain but not him? There is more at work here... Iodás may yet live."

Although Zalven does not have the athletic prowess to carry heavy equipment over long distances, he is relatively unburdened, and assists in gathering equipment where possible, starting with the scroll case.

Attributes & Stats

Attributes & Stats

Strength (ST)

• Att. Mod (Melee): +0
  • Dmg Adj: +0
  • Test of ST: 2:6
  • Ex Feat of ST: 4%

Dexterity (DX)

• Att. Mod (missile): +1
  • Defence Adj: +1
  • Test of DX: 3:6
  • Ex Feat of DX: 24%

Constitution (CN)

• HP Adj: +1
  • Poison/Rad. Adj: 0
  • Trauma Survival: 80%
  • Test of CN: 3:6
  • Ex Feat of CN: 8%

Intelligence (IN)

• Languages: +2
  • Bonus Spells: Lv. 3
  • Learn New Spell: 85%

Wisdom (WS)

• Willpower Adj: 0
  • Bonus Spells: N/A
  • Learn New Spell: N/A

Charisma (CH)

• Reaction/Loyalty Adj: 0
  • Max. Henchmen: 4
  • Undead Turning Adj: 0

image.png.32c3c9d08d97841008dc5dd718ec94f1.pngZenobios asks “Why only Magnus? Let’s get him out of here as well.

Lacking a stretcher, he grabs Magnus’s wrists in his hands, and drags the man behind him.

Prompt: native man old, eagle, color, realistic beautiful

Dathan half-pict Druid 2, ac 5, hp: 18

Dathan moves over and says, "here let me help you get the viking out of here. He was a friend of yours perhaps we can honor him by giving him a burial? I am not sure of religious ceremonies as I believe in nature and non traditional religious beliefs. "

image.png.32c3c9d08d97841008dc5dd718ec94f1.pngZenobios states “Thanks. Much easier with two. The others mentioned something about a Viking funeral.

With Dathan’s help, this would be much easier. The new person was all right.

spacer.png

spacer.png | HP 32/33 AC 1 (0 vs. Evil) DR 2 | Saves 15 (vs. all +2) | Speed 30' | React/Loyal +2 | Abilities | Combat
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

"Yes, a proper burial for him would be the only right thing. He himself helped me give a proper sendoff to some remains we found alongside a magical sword. In taking up the sword I promised to see him given that honor--now too must I see that Magnus is given the same."

Looking ahead to the dungeon and then back at her companions, Luciana asked, "Do we see to that now, or on our way out? It is as you say--our wily warlock may yet live and time may be of the essense." A spark of hope glimmered in the paladin's eye, but not one she would nurture just yet.

spacer.pngZalven Tainos - Illusionist of the Second Order, Adherent of the Gleaming Eye

HP: 10/10 | AC: 8 | SV: 16 | Class Abilities | Gear | Sorcery | Character Sheet

"I'll abide by the majority decision, though if there's a chance that we may find the warlock, I feel we must prioritize the living - if he isn't among that category, then we see to his burial as well. I would suggest we bring Magnus to the entrance, then continue exploring, though I defer to the group's decision."

While Zalven doesn't agree with seeing to a funeral while their other friend's status remains unknown, he isn't about to get into an argument over it. He follows Luciana's lead.

Attributes & Stats

Attributes & Stats

Strength (ST)

• Att. Mod (Melee): +0
  • Dmg Adj: +0
  • Test of ST: 2:6
  • Ex Feat of ST: 4%

Dexterity (DX)

• Att. Mod (missile): +1
  • Defence Adj: +1
  • Test of DX: 3:6
  • Ex Feat of DX: 24%

Constitution (CN)

• HP Adj: +1
  • Poison/Rad. Adj: 0
  • Trauma Survival: 80%
  • Test of CN: 3:6
  • Ex Feat of CN: 8%

Intelligence (IN)

• Languages: +2
  • Bonus Spells: Lv. 3
  • Learn New Spell: 85%

Wisdom (WS)

• Willpower Adj: 0
  • Bonus Spells: N/A
  • Learn New Spell: N/A

Charisma (CH)

• Reaction/Loyalty Adj: 0
  • Max. Henchmen: 4
  • Undead Turning Adj: 0

Posted (edited)

image.png.87aac4e3f86d22a60aa2ab73e4cf8498.png

Dathan and Zenobios each take up Magnus' body and heft him down past the golem. Zalven and Luciana each take positions to keep watch for any danger as they all make their way back towards the entrance were Wu is waiting. As they make their way by the first intersection of tunnels, they hear a sort of slapping sound and heavy breathing off to the right. Accompanying the sound is a faint Help? Help? Help?

You carefully set down Magnus and head over to investigate the noise. You know it's coming from the direction of the caved-in room that Muireach perished in. Once you reach the ledge, you peer across to the unexplored cave where you heard the cries of Help? and to your surprise, you see Iodás and a hunchbacked woman, both armed with rusting scimitars and dented shields and wearing nothing but the gods saw fit to provide them with at birth. They look exhausted and covered in blood. Iodás is holding a red glowing sac and both of their feet glow a cyan colour.

Edited by Saltimbanco (see edit history)

spacer.png“Hold up, I know these people. It’s me, Iodás. This is Denora, and she’s no friend of these cultists, they were bleeding her too.” explains the warlock, knowing he would look unfamiliar without his mask, or indeed, without anything at all.

His eyes sweep over the group. Ah, damnation. Did they get Magnus too?”

character sheet:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/8835-iodás-argos-ixian-warlock-lvl-2/

Dianora nods in greetings to the others. "I be Dianora, and I apologize for my state of dress, hehehehe. Well met. Thought me and this lad were going to die in this hole."