Chapter 1 — The Horror of Awakening

iantruesilver

Domino 

EmSbKrE.jpg?1HP 10/08  | AC 14Fort (01) - Reflex (05) - Will (00)  |  

"Lord help the mister - Who comes between me and my sister"  ~ Rosemary Clooney & Trudy Stevens  from "White Christmas" 

Domino's stomach lurches at the sight of the statues.  "Perhaps I am misinterpreting the aesthetics.  Do you find these objects as visually pleasant?"  She asks Vir.

"I find that I do not wish to view them more closely.  Perhaps we should just walk down the middle and avoid touching anything."

OOC

Not moving in just yet.  Waiting to see if the heal checks in back are going to stall us for more than a few minutes.

Map Link

Rain-in-Summer

B8278D38-D56D-4D10-84D2-D1157F76821D.png.118b158dda0b886a8d97c1aa24ef7467.pngAfter confirming that their prisoner is still among the living, Rain turns to Jerry and begins to whisper. "You know I am loathe to part with you, but I fear we need your expertise now more than ever. Will you scout the hall for me?"
Jerry nods his head resolutely. "Meep!"

"Thank you," Rain says, giving him a quick hug. "If you see enemies, think scared thoughts and get back here straight away, okay?" With a salute, Jerry hops out of the shaman's tresses and begins to sneak forward, quiet as a mouse.

Rain will move up a little, Jerry will move up to the corner and have a peak at what's there. The plan is that if it's something threatening, he'll be scared and Rain will feel that through their empathic link

Edited by madMonk (see edit history)
Name
Stealth (Jerry)
1d20+23 12
Perception (Jerry)
1d20+6 2

image.jpeg.3f95306a23dfeb7a6f315970d6687d0e.jpeg

Statblock

Vrilundass 'Vri' Arund

Female NG Half-elf Swashbuckler, Level 1, Init 3, HP 9/11, Speed 30ft
AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1   
silversheen, MC rapier +5 (1d6+1, 18-20/x2)
cold iron dagger +4 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
shortbow (20)+4 (1d6, x3)
Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 15
Condition None

"Not really," Vri said softly to Domino, "they give me the willies and make me wonder about the sanity of those who put them there.  Stay alert, there's a lot of weirdness going on around here."

She looked at the statues again.

"I think we best wait until the rest has come to here before we scout ahead.  And start checking for traps, just in case, although I must admit that's not my strong point, at least unless it's more than a simple trapdoor or something like that."

Edited by farothel (see edit history)

Barhuce

spacer.png"Traps? I guess that makes sense. I wasn't thinking about them. Let me start looking" 

Bahruce starts slowly advancing and checking for traps.

Statblock

Barhuce
M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init6[/B] 4, [B]HP[/B] 5/9, [B]Speed[/B] 30
[B]AC[/B] 15, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 3, [B]Ref[/B] 4, [B]Will[/B] 0, [B]CMB[/B] +1, [B]Base Attack187 Bonus[/B] 0   
[B]1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) [/B] 3 (1d4+4, x2)
[B]  light Mace [/B] 1 (1d6+1, x2)
[B]  Dagger [/B] 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
[B]  Lamellar Cuirass[/B] (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
[B]Condition[/B] None 

Actions Crunch

Cryptbreakers do have trapfinding.

Name
check for traps
1d20+5 14

spacer.pngVal notes that there is a general progression forward to scout ahead and check for traps.  Turning, the investigator brings up the rear, and scans behind the group to make sure nothing is trying to sneak up on them.

Name
Perception
1d20+2 7

As bizzare and freakish as the statues look, there doesn’t appear to be anything else unusual about them or your surroundings.

As Jerry scampers off of the relative safety of Rain’s body, he sniffs around tentatively as he edges forward, a couple small skipping steps at a time, before scurrying up and across the chamber with a little more confidence.

He makes it to the end of the long hall where it opens up to the perpendicular, and slowing there, once again leading his careful steps with his nose. Disappearing from view around the corner for some moments, the little rodent comes back around eventually, his bottom bouncing as he bunny hops his way back to Rain and nuzzling himself back into the comfort of her hair.

[[ Map — Location Unknown ]]
(( Those who are moving forward, please place your tokens where you want them ))

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

T'Sarra Khonnor 

EmSbKrE.jpg?1HP 11/11  | AC 19(+1 vs robots)Fort (2) - Reflex (3) - Will (2) | Spells: 2/4 remaining

Temporary conditions

T'Sarra stood back shaking her hands and shoulders trying to get the unpleasant liquid off. She used a bit of the water from her canteen and complained, "Yeck I'm going to need a long bath when we get out of here. At least it's not my own armor."

She bent down to pick up the soggy, stinky cultist again, trying not to think about 'why is this wet?'

Swift:

Move:

Standard (full):

Domino 

EmSbKrE.jpg?1HP 10/08  | AC 14Fort (01) - Reflex (05) - Will (00)  |  

"Lord help the mister - Who comes between me and my sister"  ~ Rosemary Clooney & Trudy Stevens  from "White Christmas" 

"It does appear empty of threats, beyond the assault on good taste."  Domino observes as she carefully moves into the room.  

OOC

30ft move forward with checks for traps and stealth along the way.

Map Link

Name
Move with Better Stealth than Last Time
1d20+7 10
Find Traps
1d20+7 16

Statblock

Vrilundass 'Vri' Arund

AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1   
Condition None

Vri didn't say anything but followed at a short distance, ready to support Domino where needed, but letting her take the lead in finding traps which Vri knew she wasn't good at.

T'Sarra Khonnor 

EmSbKrE.jpg?1HP 11/11  | AC 19(+1 vs robots)Fort (2) - Reflex (3) - Will (2) | Spells: 2/4 remaining

Temporary conditions

T'Sarra moved up with Domino, hanging back a step since she wasn't the stealthiest. But she moved to the crossroads to look and see what there was to see. And see if a way out presented itself.

Swift:

Move:

Standard (full):

Barhuce

spacer.pngFinding nothing, Barhuce moves farther forward, checking for traps as he goes.

Statblock

Barhuce
M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init6[/B] 4, [B]HP[/B] 5/9, [B]Speed[/B] 30
[B]AC[/B] 15, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 3, [B]Ref[/B] 4, [B]Will[/B] 0, [B]CMB[/B] +1, [B]Base Attack187 Bonus[/B] 0   
[B]Condition[/B] None 

Actions Crunch

Name
perception for traps
1d20+5 6

Domino Only

The flame ahead of you flashed momentarily a bright violet, before settling into a mesmerizing yellow colour.

All seemed good and benign as some of the group made their way forward, until a barely perceptible clink, clink suddenly became a crashing sound of chains and finally culminated into the smashing down of a portcullis gate just behind T’Sarra and Vri, cutting off the others who lagged only a short distance behind.

As though things couldn’t get any worse, two of the statues shudder ever so slightly as they raise themselves up upon their spidery legs, their abhorrent looking stone heads feeling around as they stretch their forelegs ahead.

One’s jawless maw widens as it flexes it’s multiple rows of dagger-like teeth, while the other’s scorpion tails wave threateningly in the air as the tentacles feel their way through the empty space, its head slowly rotating towards Domino’s direction.

[[ Map — Location Unknown ]

(( Initiatives please everyone ))

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)
Name
roll
1d6 4
Statues Initiative
1d20 11

T'Sarra Khonnor 

Temporary conditions

T'Sarra swore quietly as the trap was sprung. If this was the way out and these automatons were stopping her, then time to get rid of the obstacles!

Swift:

Move:

Standard (full):

Name
initiative
1d20+3 16

Barhuce

spacer.pngBarhuce drops any of the extra gear he had been carrying and readies himself for combat.

Statblock

Barhuce
[B]AC[/B] 15, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 3, [B]Ref[/B] 4, [B]Will[/B] 0, [B]CMB[/B] +1, [B]Base Attack 187 Bonus[/B] 0   
[B]Condition[/B] None 

Actions Crunch

Name
init
1d20+4 17

Statblock

Vrilundass 'Vri' Arund

Condition None

"Oh shit," Vri said as the statues came to life, "retreat to the portcullis so only one can come at us at the same time."

Thinking it might work, she took the silver symbol in her hand and held it up towards the monsters, in the hope that this would give them passage.

Name
initiative
1d20+3 3