OOC

TheWordWeaver

Ok... We really need to work on our arrival strategy here.  I was under the impression that we came by boat, so I'm going to stick with that for Billie and Lulu.  I see that Damaia is from Krontos, south of Baromedes, but they may have been elsewhere before.  Where Mags and Dae came from and whether it was together or not is another story.  It may be worthwhile having us all separate, well, except the twins. 

I'm open to arriving with one of the other PCs. Dae would be an easier fit (another human).

Wizard (can I call you Wizard?) I don't mind! But, I'm a bit pressed for time this evening, so you might want to go ahead and post. I'll get something up for Dae on her own before I hit the pillow tonight.

P.S. Dae would have (if at all possible from Anthropoi) arrived by land.  If Mags did the same from Skiero, maybe we could have seen each other on the road somewhere, at a way-station outside of Monolithos or something. So... we could recognize each other upon entering the fountain area without every having spoken to each other? Just a thought! 🙂

Edited by ariel (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, Rumrunner said:

Ok... We really need to work on our arrival strategy here.  I was under the impression that we came by boat, so I'm going to stick with that for Billie and Lulu.  I see that Damaia is from Krontos, south of Baromedes, but they may have been elsewhere before.  Where Mags and Dae came from and whether it was together or not is another story.  It may be worthwhile having us all separate, well, except the twins. 

The boat was just a primer in the campaign description for yall's creative thoughts, if you traveled from anywhere on the southern end of the Serene sea it would have most likely been by foot. Whereas anywhere north of the Serene Sea would have been by boat unless they landed in say Skiero and then walked West.

1 hour ago, ariel said:

Wizard (can I call you Wizard?) I don't mind! But, I'm a bit pressed for time this evening, so you might want to go ahead and post. I'll get something up for Dae on her own before I hit the pillow tonight.

P.S. Dae would have (if at all possible from Anthropoi) arrived by land.  If Mags did the same from Skiero, maybe we could have seen each other on the road somewhere, at a way-station outside of Monolithos or something. So... we could recognize each other upon entering the fountain area without every having spoken to each other? Just a thought! 🙂

As you've probably noticed, I ended up jumping in as you suggested. 

I like the idea that Mags ended up on a ship bound for Skiero rather than straight to Baromenes. He likes Skiero and considers the region the closest thing to a home town. Most likely, he would have wanted to visit the place where his mother and kin were buried--which is in that area. 

A way-station outside Monolithos sounds good. Or better yet, perhaps they traveled part of the way in the same caravan, a large caravan so that they didn't ever have an opportunity to talk to each other. But they would have each been able to observe something of the other. Dae might have observed, for example, that Mags would have been welcomed by the caravan leaders, doing his hedge wizard thing (herbal remedies, divining, perhaps crafting a common magic item for someone in the caravan). She might have noticed that he traveled with a black cat that was sometimes there and sometimes not. And that he generally liked the common folk of the caravan, found them interesting, and sought their company. And yet, he ran from any pretty young thing that might have taken a romantic interest in him. 

Oh, I get it. because your magic items were armor and your main weapon, you could sell your starting armor and main weapon and pocket the money. Nice! 

Buy the doggy and refluff the weapon of warming effect as a power that lets Billie channel the senses of a canine with whom she shares a bond, giving her a preternatural sense of smell and hearing in times of danger.

Wonder Twin Powers, Activate!  Power of the Wolf!