OOC

TheWordWeaver

42 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

@TheWordWeaver Some DMs like to roll the player's hide check behind the DM screen, because players don't necessarily know whether or not they are actually hidden. Are you one of those DMs or will players roll their PCs Hide checks?

MMM, I'm of the notion of letting the players roll as much as possible. Because while you may know that you rolled, say, 18 on stealth. You don't know if that's past the DC of the challenge or the guard's perception or whatever until something happens. Which, kinda works the same way but you are rolling for your character.

Oh, wow... I may be slow, but I'm not dumb. 🤪  I just now figured out that Billie summoned her Echo--I love the second image, nice touch!  I'll have to back and revise my post to include Mags' what-the-heck reaction. 

Edited by Wizard of the Coat (see edit history)

I'm going to think about it, he'll be confused and afraid for sure, but he's not unfamiliar with death and violence.  It's the supernatural Aura that will make him cower.

I think he'd go to Lu though, Billie is not the safe haven, she'll protect but she will not stay still. Also, I think Billie would have him "trained" to protect Lu. 

A few quick housekeeping bits:

Are there advantages to flanking?

Are there any terrain advantages, ie attacking from higher ground?

I would much appreciate a map
Billie is going to straight up attack... I think everyone knows this...  How do you want to handle it?

Yes, flank away.

I've never run with any, if you have any that you've used before or seen used feel free to share and ill take a look at it.

Haha, I expected so, currently working on the map. in the meantime, the orc and weird looking human are 30 feet from you, and the guards are about 40 feet away in a circle around yall.