OOC

TheWordWeaver

Just now, Rumrunner said:

It it average rolls or just highest roll?  Because right now, it's a crit with a +4(18 attribute) to beat.  Nice roll WotC!

Yeahhh even if they did roll 20 they're not beating a +4 lol good job! You guys are going first

Ooo fun... will need to wait a lil for Neopop, but Billie is definitely going to attempt to finish off this orc, any assistance in the realm of buffs, flanking or such would be appreciated.  I was going to tank, but I think my resistance is gone now.

My suspicion is that if we can take the two leaders and maybe few others a solid intimidation should scatter them? 

As a group if we press to the north side of the fountain, and stay centre, it will take the bulk of the riffraft a turn or two to get to us.  That will avoid a pile on us and keep our damage minimal as we carve out this center.  We have fairly limited healing, but some very solid buffs, debuffs and damage I think.

I agree. We should focus our efforts north of the fountain. Move to secure an escape route, so that we're fighting with our backs to an exit rather than getting surrounded. 

Mal will be provide flanking support. Although Damaia might be a better flanking partner for Billie. Mags has a lot of mobility and he might be best used as a skirmisher, helping where the help is needed most.

Did TWW say that we're using the "flanking=advantage" optional rule? 

He did confirm the flanking rule.  I am quite a bit mobile myself.  I am not a great flanking partner as I will often end up leaving a shadow in my place to be a target.  I'm taking the orc, you may do better to skirmish the paleface while Billie is in position.

3 minutes ago, Rumrunner said:

He did confirm the flanking rule.  I am quite a bit mobile myself.  I am not a great flanking partner as I will often end up leaving a shadow in my place to be a target.  I'm taking the orc, you may do better to skirmish the paleface while Billie is in position.

Good to know. Mags might hit Thio with a sneak attack, and then move out of the way to let Dam step in to put the hurt on the guy. But I think it might be best if Mags takes out the mook standing right behind Billie--just to shut down any flanking on Billie for this next round. If she takes down the half-orc, and Mags takes down the mook, then Billie can't be flanked (until the hoard shows up to quash us). 

@TheWordWeaver There's a narrow gap of "roof" on the northern boarder of the map. Is that an alleyway or some other exit out of the mall/fountain area?

EDIT: Two more questions...

1. How will updates work during combat. Will you wait until everyone has posted and then update the round, will you update after each player turn, will you update as needed, or perhaps use some other method?  For example, in the current scene, will we get a mid-round update if an NPC (like the half-orc Billie is hammering) dies? Just wondering to what degree we should expect fog-of-war combat?

2. I built my previous post around the limitations of a combat turn. And so the box didn't end up in Mags' pocket. But if we were not in combat yet, can I stipulate that the mage hand dumped the box into Mags' pocket (because we were in narrative mode, not combat mode)? 

Edited by Wizard of the Coat (see edit history)

Just to say... Dae's a bit odd... I tried to honour some kind of theme rather than make her very efficient. I will delay to be later in our action round and try to do something sensical, probably attacking this round and moving somewhere a bit safer.

On that... I just repositioned her in the map with the thought that she'd been moving away to leave via gap in the buildings on the west side... before things happened and they decided to stay and fight. 

5 hours ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

So, to be clear. Billie's attack happens before the initiative count?  Not the top of the initiative count?  So it's like she got a surprise round. And if she beats their initiative, she gets to attack again before they do. Nice! (and Ouch!) 

Hahaha very much Ouch! 

Just for the record the orc isn't Thio XD the two "Upper-Hands" haven't given their names yet, and might not depending on how quickly they die lol.

5 hours ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

@TheWordWeaver There's a narrow gap of "roof" on the northern boarder of the map. Is that an alleyway or some other exit out of the mall/fountain area?

EDIT: Two more questions...

1. How will updates work during combat. Will you wait until everyone has posted and then update the round, will you update after each player turn, will you update as needed, or perhaps use some other method?  For example, in the current scene, will we get a mid-round update if an NPC (like the half-orc Billie is hammering) dies? Just wondering to what degree we should expect fog-of-war combat?

2. I built my previous post around the limitations of a combat turn. And so the box didn't end up in Mags' pocket. But if we were not in combat yet, can I stipulate that the mage hand dumped the box into Mags' pocket (because we were in narrative mode, not combat mode)? 

1. Yes it leads down a narrow alley to a wall, it looks like it might branch off to the right at the end.

2. Update as needed/End of the round exactly like if the orc dies to Billies swift strikes or anyone else's.

3. Correct everything before Billies barrage was out of initiative so if you want to have put the box in mags pocket that's fine 🙂

3 hours ago, TheWordWeaver said:

Hahaha very much Ouch! 

Just for the record the orc isn't Thio XD the two "Upper-Hands" haven't given their names yet, and might not depending on how quickly they die lol.

1. Yes it leads down a narrow alley to a wall, it looks like it might branch off to the right at the end.

2. Update as needed/End of the round exactly like if the orc dies to Billies swift strikes or anyone else's.

3. Correct everything before Billies barrage was out of initiative so if you want to have put the box in mags pocket that's fine 🙂

I've revised my post to clear up that Thio-name thing, and to reflect that the added detail that the Hand dropped the box in Mags' pocket and then flew to hover near the two enemy leaders. 

@Neopopulas The mechanics on your most recent post shows Dam with sword and shield in hand while casting a spell--does she have the War Caster feat or some other feature that allows her to perform the somatic components of spells even when she has a weapon and a shield in her hands? 

Also, I made a token for Damaia and put her on the map, guessing her location based on your description of her action. But could you confirm/revise her position on the map so that we know where she is standing? (You may want to consider having Dam complete the rest of her 30 foot move to close with the longsword leader you targeted--otherwise you could be surrounded by the mooks, cut off from the other PCs, after the enemy's combat turn.) 

Edited by Wizard of the Coat (see edit history)