OOC

TheWordWeaver

Just a couple of further questions... are any of us particularly close to the box? Probably Mags hand is closest... I'd guess? 

Also... given the description, is this a group that might be recognizable to any of us? With a roll perhaps?

These however are not the city guard you've seen before, these people wear a mismatch of silver and black armor, each adorned with Chains in various manors as if cobbled together themselves.

P.S. 12 is a lot... perhaps I should have bought armor... 😅 ?

oh one more important bit... how much stronger do these orc and weird looking human seem?  like 2x stronger? 3x? 5x?  Also, does my background feature yeild any results here:

Mercenary Life

You know the mercenary life as only someone who has experienced it can. You are able to identify mercenary companies by their emblems, and you know a little about any such company, including the names and reputations of its commanders and leaders, and who has hired them recently. You can find the taverns and festhalls where mercenaries abide in any area, as long as you speak the language. You can find mercenary work between adventures sufficient to maintain a comfortable lifestyle.

Ps how close are the orc and human to each other, which one looks stronger?

Mags mage hand is the closest to the box next would be Billie.

Feel free to roll history to see if you can recall anything.

Billie would recognize that these men do not wear any emblems or insignia, but the chains on their armor would tip her off. 

Also, the orc looks to be the stronger of the 2 and like 2x stronger?

1 hour ago, ariel said:

Just a couple of further questions... are any of us particularly close to the box? Probably Mags hand is closest... I'd guess? 

Mags will be using trickery to get the box. It's a nice opportunity for me to highlight his arcane trickery. So if the rest of you are all willing, I'm happy to take care of the box using the mage hand. I've got the post written. Just waiting on the map so that I don't have to do a retcon (for posting before the map). 

30 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Mags will be using trickery to get the box. It's a nice opportunity for me to highlight his arcane trickery. So if the rest of you are all willing, I'm happy to take care of the box using the mage hand. I've got the post written. Just waiting on the map so that I don't have to do a retcon (for posting before the map). 

Map is done working on tokens lol just need to grab all of y'all, is there anyway yall prefer to have the map posted? here? In a VTT? In the Legend Keeper?

2 hours ago, TheWordWeaver said:

Yes, flank away.

I've never run with any, if you have any that you've used before or seen used feel free to share and ill take a look at it.

Haha, I expected so, currently working on the map. in the meantime, the orc and weird looking human are 30 feet from you, and the guards are about 40 feet away in a circle around yall.

Map doesn't need to be all that detailed in general. It's really just to know where everything is. Easier to know how far things are, if people are flanking, and some other things I'm sure. Just putting it out there. No pressure with a nice fancy background.

Edited by fenrirlokison (see edit history)

I'm OK with any of the options. If you want moveable tokens, an easy solution is Owlbear Rodeo. It's not a full VTT, just mostly used as a map with moveable tokens. It's free, you don't have to create an account to use it, and its relatively easy/intuitive. In my opinion, it is well suited as a companion to a PbP game.

29 minutes ago, TheWordWeaver said:

Map is done working on tokens lol just need to grab all of y'all, is there anyway yall prefer to have the map posted? here? In a VTT? In the Legend Keeper?

I'm super easy, anything from a pic of a scribbled out map on a napkin to an interactive dohicky is fine.  I'm familiar with Owlbear as well as a nice few VTT, moveable tokens helps take the burden off you some, but at the cost of extra setup at the beginning, so it balances out... end of day, I'm fine as long as I know were the pogs are and how far they are from each other.

PS. Not that I don't appreciate pretty, just no pressure 🙂

12 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

I'm OK with any of the options. If you want moveable tokens, an easy solution is Owlbear Rodeo. It's not a full VTT, just mostly used as a map with moveable tokens. It's free, you don't have to create an account to use it, and its relatively easy/intuitive. In my opinion, it is well suited as a companion to a PbP game.

perfect! I am into the labor of love that is map building, but I will try to have them ready beforehand next time. Here is the link: https://www.owlbear.rodeo/game/xNwozaRZg for yall. I'm not sure if you get to add your own tokens or if i need to do it but let me know and I will add them.

I clicked the link. It's asking for a password to the map you created. I think you can set it up with no password required, because I don't remember that. But my game is a totally private game. If you've got readers/followers on this game, or if it's public, then you might need the password. 

7 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

I clicked the link. It's asking for a password to the map you created. I think you can set it up with no password required, because I don't remember that. But my game is a totally private game. If you've got readers/followers on this game, or if it's public, then you might need the password. 

Yeah it asked for one when I created it and didn't realize. Pass is Serene, but it seems yall already got it 😛

ร—
ร—