OOC

TheWordWeaver

1 hour ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

@TheWordWeaver I don't know if you've been following any of the One D&D playtest releases, but the devs have made changes designed to make Inspiration easier to remember to use, and a more frequent part of game play. I don't particularly agree with all of the specific changes they've proposed, but I applaud the idea of making the mechanic a more salient part of play. If you're interested, I could compile a list of various changes/additions that have been proposed regarding Inspiration--in case you want to consider any of them as house rules.

Full Disclosure: I didn't pay the Devs any money to tinker with Inspiration, but getting to pull advantage out of your hat in a pinch is a big deal for rogues (sneak attack), so Mags would benefit more than the average PC if Inspiration awards are not forgotten during play.

If you want to give me a short list of the changes that's fine. If not I can find and read over them. I do like the change to the two weapon fighting rules.

[Got double ninja'd: This is response to traveling north to buy an elephant...]

@TheWordWeaver Yeah, I have to remind myself that we're in the southern hemisphere south of tropical and equatorial climes.  Fun! Hat's off to you for offering such a fun campaign setting! I've really enjoyed exploring it and creating a character grounded in it. 

Edited by Wizard of the Coat (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, TheWordWeaver said:

If you want to give me a short list of the changes that's fine. If not I can find and read over them. I do like the change to the two weapon fighting rules.

Hey, if you want to house rule that version of two weapon fighting I will send the rest of the payments in one lump sum. 

On second thought...

It looks like they've back away from some of their earlier playtest ideas. Currently, it looks like it has always looked, with the exception that they changed the name and you can decide to "spend" it after you roll the die.  

HEROIC ADVANTAGE 

When you have Heroic Advantage (also called Inspiration), you can expend it to give yourself Advantage on a d20 Test. You decide to do so immediately after rolling the d20.

GAINING HEROIC ADVANTAGE

The DM can award Heroic Advantage to a player character who’s done something that is particularly heroic or in character. Some game features, such as the Human, also award Heroic Advantage.

ONLY ONE AT A TIME

You can never have more than one instance of Heroic Advantage. If something gives it to you and you already have it, you can give it to a player character in your group who lacks it.

I'm guessing there are more of these "Some game features..." that can provide Heroic Advantage, but I stopped following the ONE D&D stuff after the OGL debacle, so I'm not up on what's currently in the playtest. 

And maybe all of this is less relevant to a PbP game anyway. PbP is a venue where--at the RP/writing level of groups like ours--every player's posting/writing in nearly every scene should probably be considered inspiration-worthy. So what would be the point of tracking it all if it's going to become the status quo. Also, I've seen MW games where the DM hands out RP awards (for things like "the rule of cool") and it can lead to bad feelings for players who feel overlooked. 

Good RP is its own reward. Maybe rewards should be based on cooperative play, and the reward should be awarded to the entire party (a group award, or each player gets the same individual award).  

I digress. Consider my request for an Inspiration house rule withdrawn. It's a bigger mess than I was remembering.  Feel free to continue with whatever you had planned. 

11 minutes ago, TheWordWeaver said:

Up to each of you, I've always preferred color.

I'm going to do color then.  I think each way has its merit, but if some are doing colour we probably should each pick one.  It also helps tell whose talking. 

1 hour ago, TheWordWeaver said:

Up to each of you, I've always preferred color.

Are you guys OK with two different shades of green.  

Dae's Green looks like this.

Mags' Green Looks like this. 

Is that a big enough difference? I know green is a common color for color blindness.  

If anyone objects, I'll pick a different color, because ariel had green first. 

28 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Are you guys OK with two different shades of green.  

Dae's Green looks like this.

Mags' Green Looks like this. 

Is that a big enough difference? I know green is a common color for color blindness.  

If anyone objects, I'll pick a different color, because ariel had green first. 

Nevermind. I found a color that looks like the background on Mags' image. It will create less confusion. 

ร—
ร—